Real Life Doll vs In Game Doll

2Next

Comments

• TamaraHillsTamaraHills Registered Users, Member 328 Posts
    edited October 2020
    I know that I'll be "that one Debbie-downer person" in this thread, but this idea really excited me and I had to participate!

In real life, I actually look like my doll! ... or, well, I used to. I loved wearing chokers and circle skirts and I loved my e-girl-esque makeup and hair down past my butt. I think I'm actually using my doll as a bit of a coping mechanism now that I can't express myself with my appearance in real life anymore.

Long story somewhat short: I got really really sick in January 2019. It had actually been going on for years, but I kept my head above water until I just couldn't anymore. I started gaining weight dangerously fast, my skin turned to ash, and got so translucent you can pretty much see my veins all over through my skin. My hair started falling out, and my teeth chipped. I had to quit my job completely, and more than 1 and a half years later, I'm still nowhere near fit to work. In fact, I'm probably in a worse condition. I can't stand up for long, my muscles have basically withered away and I'm lucky if I can leave bed for more than an hour total per day. My sleep disorder got even worse, my eyes turned blurry and my brain is barely able to think of words on the spot anymore. I've had to move in with my parents again and I'm completely dependent on them. I still have to keep reminding myself that I'm not the person on the left anymore who throws frisbees in the park and goes on fun ice cream dates. I guess I'm using this thread concept as a bit of an exercise in self recognition and forgiveness.

So here my doll is in all her real life glory! With her parasomnia+insomnia+lack of REM sleep, her ashy, dry, blue, thin skin, her eyebrows consisting of only a few well placed hairs, her constant bloating and swelling, paper thin nails, and bruising on her legs! This is my reality, and it is ok. 

I'm still holding onto hope that this is not permanent, but I really have no idea. I still don't know what's wrong with me. I had begged doctors for years to look into my health issues even before they broke into complete bedbound territory, but it's really hard to get any doctor to look into it with the goal of actually finding what the issue is. It mostly ends with them agreeing to a standard blood test and noting that "mayyyyybeeee you could need some iron supplements?".
    If you are finding yourself in a similar situation to mine, PLEASE never stop fighting for your right to live, not just surviving. You are not a textbook example. You are a person and your health issues are worth just as much as someone with standard symptoms. 
    @Jabberwooh I might be late but girl you are really strong, you are going through something that must be really hard and you don't give up, you just keep fighting and that is something to admire as a human being.

I really hope you'll eventually get better 🥺❤, you are a fighter and been through a lot of tough things, I'm going to be praying you'll feel better because you deserve the world.
  • moriacasanmoriacasan Registered Users, Member 207 Posts
    omg! all the dolls look so cute! this is so fun, i'm like the exact opposite to my doll but we both share the same dark taste lol left is me in the game and right is me in real life (so less glamorous lol)
  • moriacasanmoriacasan Registered Users, Member 207 Posts
    I know that I'll be "that one Debbie-downer person" in this thread, but this idea really excited me and I had to participate!

In real life, I actually look like my doll! ... or, well, I used to. I loved wearing chokers and circle skirts and I loved my e-girl-esque makeup and hair down past my butt. I think I'm actually using my doll as a bit of a coping mechanism now that I can't express myself with my appearance in real life anymore.

Long story somewhat short: I got really really sick in January 2019. It had actually been going on for years, but I kept my head above water until I just couldn't anymore. I started gaining weight dangerously fast, my skin turned to ash, and got so translucent you can pretty much see my veins all over through my skin. My hair started falling out, and my teeth chipped. I had to quit my job completely, and more than 1 and a half years later, I'm still nowhere near fit to work. In fact, I'm probably in a worse condition. I can't stand up for long, my muscles have basically withered away and I'm lucky if I can leave bed for more than an hour total per day. My sleep disorder got even worse, my eyes turned blurry and my brain is barely able to think of words on the spot anymore. I've had to move in with my parents again and I'm completely dependent on them. I still have to keep reminding myself that I'm not the person on the left anymore who throws frisbees in the park and goes on fun ice cream dates. I guess I'm using this thread concept as a bit of an exercise in self recognition and forgiveness.

So here my doll is in all her real life glory! With her parasomnia+insomnia+lack of REM sleep, her ashy, dry, blue, thin skin, her eyebrows consisting of only a few well placed hairs, her constant bloating and swelling, paper thin nails, and bruising on her legs! This is my reality, and it is ok. 

I'm still holding onto hope that this is not permanent, but I really have no idea. I still don't know what's wrong with me. I had begged doctors for years to look into my health issues even before they broke into complete bedbound territory, but it's really hard to get any doctor to look into it with the goal of actually finding what the issue is. It mostly ends with them agreeing to a standard blood test and noting that "mayyyyybeeee you could need some iron supplements?".
    If you are finding yourself in a similar situation to mine, PLEASE never stop fighting for your right to live, not just surviving. You are not a textbook example. You are a person and your health issues are worth just as much as someone with standard symptoms. 
    this made me tear up, i'm so sorry you have to been thru this and i admire how strong you are and how you beautifully wrote what is like to have a health issue and overcome. Stay strong, this was really inspiring 
  • jlr224jlr224 Registered Users, Member 674 Posts
    My doll is slightly more glamorous than me but not over the top and is living my dream with her pet Dalmatian. In real life I’m casual and comfy and always have my hair in a scrunchies 

• brom617brom617 Registered Users, Member 559 Posts
    My in game doll is a lot more glamorous than me in real life. I have long curly really dark brown hair(more curly than this hair but it's the closest to my hair I could find) but I often wear it in a high bun. My game doll kinda looks like me but I changed a few things on her to make her more glamorous. I'm always wearing leggings or Victorias Secret Pink sweat pants, a hoodie, and sneakers or boots in the fall/winter. And I always have my phone and a pepsi in my hand lol. 
  • fibixxfibixx Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Tried to create me as similar as possible- have the same outfit and similar hairstyle ;) and well, I believe easy to see which one is from game :D