***Talk about Covid19 Virus****Dedicated thread

Comments

• LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Its extremely unfortunate that the coronavirus itself has been politicised to the extent that sensible and simple measures like wearing a mask are seen as inherently partisan
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited October 2020
    @xoxolovekay I’m sorry if you thought I said you were.  In fact I decided to post after another member’s post.  It was a gentle reminder to not get political.  It’s an easy transition from saying he’s infected, and is it karma, for the next post to take a left turn and get political.  
    Think of it like a cautionary street sign that says “slippery when wet”. Or “No U turn” , it’s not saying you made a U turn, it’s a reminder to all on the road, not to make that U turn.  That’s why I tried to soften it, with thanks for understanding.  ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Charlotte_DCharlotte_D Registered Users, Member 231 Posts
    I’m from the UK, we’re about to go back into Lockdown shorty.. The cases are rising again. It’s the selfish people that are ruining it for everyone else.
    that truly that is really bad news @Charlotte_D.   Sending good vibes your way.  They’re riding here too and I don’t want to go back to that shelter at home order. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    @kokokokonut got it. Thank you for clarifying. 
    Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay 👗👠
  • kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    edited October 2020
    I know this thread isn't active anymore, but I hope someone reads this as this is my only platform to connect with people from around the world and I can't stay passive. I will try to be as discreet as possible. Dolls, please, if you can, read about what happened yesterday in Poland and spread the information in your country, among your friends. The fact that we are so powerless here is crushing my soul. We need help and we need to be noticed by other countries to change things.  
    If you have trouble finding information, I can explain in a private message as this is not a topic to be discussed on a public forum. 
    IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
    Sending a private message. Yes, this is not for the forum .
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    I just noticed this thread. I think it's great that we have a place to talk about this scary virus. I love in a small town with maybe 2,000 people and right now 198 people have it. It's taking lives and there are still people who are in denial. Because of this virus, they closed the hospital I worked at...the only one in the county actually. So now, I'm working for the government and have to knock on doors and speak to people with COVID. It terrifies me, even if I am wearing a mask and taking precautions. 

My Mamaw (grandma) just turned 71 today, she's in great health, but her age terrifies me because so many elderly people are getting this virus.  Because of that I have to reduce my visits at her house, which hurts. I'm so afraid my four kids will contact it. Actually, people across from my Daddy's house has it and my kids have played with their kids. Fear is more intense when you have anxiety, so it's not been fun.

@Rikk Praying for your mom! I hope you get in touch with her soon. I live in the states, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Have you checked the hospitals website? Many times you can locate a patient and call directly into their room. Sending positive vibes to you and your mom. 🤗🤗
    It was 198 back in August...now almost 700 people have it in our town. The correct pop count is 1300 in our town, so more than half. 
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
  • sandraliissandraliis Registered Users, Member 409 Posts
    @kadamisia That is awful! Thankfully theres a lot of coverage of it on my country's media outlets. I hope Polands system will soon change for better
     iOS 🇪🇪
    20 VIDEOS FOR EVERYBODY
    @sandraliis I'm glad it's being spoken about. It's giving me a bit of hope, thank you!
    IOS player
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    @kadamisia Do you mind sending me a DM about it? I have no clue about what is happening. 🤗
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
    edited October 2020
    sorry the situation in Poland  is highly political, and can’t be discussed here.  I’m sorry but we can’t. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    @kokokokonut Of course I understand, that's why I'm not encouraging a discussion to start here on the public thread. I just wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't try everything in my power to shed light to this. 
    IOS player
    I understand, I really do. This has become a home to us, and it’s very difficult not to just share it all, look for help and more.  But I hope people reaching out to you helps.  You can certainly share in DM.   And all you have to do is Google Poland. It’s the #1 topic.  <3
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    @kokokokonut Thank you so much! ❤️
    IOS player
  • MistyqueMistyque Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    @kadamisia do you mind if I send a private message? <3
    ****𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓖𝓛𝓤 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓷/𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓮. 𝓗𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻💋****
    ⭐𝒹𝒶𝒾𝓁𝓎 𝓁𝑜𝑔𝒾𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓈⭐💎𝒹𝒾𝒶𝓂𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓈 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝑜𝑜𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎💎
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    I wouldn't say this is a political topic, it's a basic human rights topic. But hey.
    Thanks you so much @kadamisia for shedding light on this topic, I had no idea it happened. I cried when I saw the headlines. I didn't know the possibilities were so narrow to begin with, but this is devastating. 
    Every country in the world is so busy trying to manage coronavirus that we tend to forget everything else important, and of course our "leaders" know that...

Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
    @kadamisia thats hideous. I also agree with @AguadeCoco about this being a basic human rights and healthcare issue. Disgusting. And pointless!
    Please stop the discussion.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok.

I saw today that the US has cracked the 80,000 covid cases a day line and deaths are heading back towards 1,000 a day. What an astonishing failure of coordinated leadership 😔
  • QueenRhiaQueenRhia Registered Users, Member 426 Posts
    The Covid19 cases in my country (Germany) are strongly increasing as well and it worries me that our government is not imposing stricter rules. The region where I live is rural with some small towns, yet we are a red zone now. I'm very worried for elderly people such as my gran, and those who might be severely in danger if the catch the virus.
    *** platform: android ***
    *** level 45 ***
  • samantha143samantha143 Registered Users, Member 555 Posts
    My city has gone into a local lockdown as of yesterday. Which means I’m off work now for at least 28 days until they review it. We’ve been expecting it as cases are rising again, I just hope it helps! 
    Christmas is going to be a strange one this year.  Normally me and my boyfriend will spend it with family but our families live in different cities from us and it’s looking like we’ll have Christmas by ourselves this year. We can still make it special but it won’t be the same. 
    Hope everyone is staying as safe as possible ❤️ 
    It’s a beautiful day to save lives 💞
  • xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    2020 is just trash. Throw it away. 😔
    Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay 👗👠
  • AguadeCocoAguadeCoco Registered Users, Member 962 Posts
    So France is going back to quarantine. Yesterday the authorities were still saying that it wasn't something they wanted, there is absolutely no logic anymore...
    I just left with my mom for a few days, and we'll have to shorten our trip... we'll try to make the most of it until then!

What about you? How is everyone doing?
    Sending love anyway 🥰
    Android player - AguadeCoco Kkh on Facebook
    🇫🇷  French gal ⛵ Avid sailor 🐱 Cat owner 🍣 Sushi lover 🏛️ Museum worker 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Good lord, I’m so irritated by the idiots around me in Berlin who refuse to wear masks in tight spaces and refuse to keep distance from one another. Like @AguadeCoco, we just got the news that we are entering another lockdown due to the skyrocketing number of cases here. This will be the longest complete lockdown so far — one month. It was pretty miserable back in March and I’m sure this one will be tough too. Thanks to all the people that argue with me when I politely ask them to wear a mask if they sit next to me on the train or keep their distance from me in line at the grocery store. People are so resistant to the simplest instructions here. We could have had a reasonable set of regulations, but now we have to get stuck at home because of a bunch of fools.

I’m sad to miss out on some things I was really looking forward to next month...most of all, as an avid cinema-goer, I’ll miss the movie theaters and my film club. I miss my friends and family back home and I don’t know how much longer until I can see them again. I miss my mother — it’s been years since I’ve been able to afford to fly to visit her. The sunlight is so limited during this time of year and I’m afraid I’ll go crazy inside in the dark.

On a positive note, this is a good time for me to focus on working out more at home, since there will be nothing else to do. I never finished a few RPGs I’ve had lying around and I’m excited to do so! And I need to make presents for Christmas this year (I’m broke tbh so I can’t afford to buy much), so this will give me lots of time to prepare. If there are any crafty DIYers on the forum, show me your creations and let’s get inspired! 

I know this sounds weird because we’ve never met, but I love you guys very much and I hope you’re safe and healthy and feel comfortable coming here to share anytime ❤️
  • VictorianVictorian Registered Users, Member 1,110 Posts
    So France is going back to quarantine. Yesterday the authorities were still saying that it wasn't something they wanted, there is absolutely no logic anymore...
    I just left with my mom for a few days, and we'll have to shorten our trip... we'll try to make the most of it until then!

What about you? How is everyone doing?
    Sending love anyway 🥰
    I wish my country went to lock down too but the economy is in horrendous condition so they hide the real number of covid patients instead. They were saying we had 1600 covid cases daily while the real number was 32000 (yes, 20 fold. That extra zero is not a mistake.) which was a couple of weeks ago. Now I learned from a reliable source (I am a medical student) that the number of cases were very close to 40k a day and I don't even check the official numbers anymore due to the outrageous lies. At this point I just hope my family doesn't catch it, the situation is miserable. For you to compare it better, Turkey's population is around 80-85 million at the time. So our insidance is even worse than USA. 
    20 year old from Turkey & Android Player
    Striking untill they give everyone 20 videos a day
    I heard about France & Germany lockdown news.   Im so sorry for you, so sick and tired of the pandemiv, the suffering the worrying.  maybe the whole world shoud strictly quarantine for the same month.  Please stay safe. You guys mean the world to me.   <3
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Quarantine is pointless when people don't care. I'm horrified to know the amount of people still letting their kids trick or treat or handing out candy today. People having meltdowns because kids can't play sports. Not to mention we're in a mask mandate but every time I go out I see people not wearing them properly; with it pulled down past their nose or even to their chin not even covering their mouths. People being so flippant about this when we don't even know the long-term effects yet. I just can't 🤬🤬🤬
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    @soundspretty I hear you. Getting the train to uni I’m astounded at how many people I see daily who do not wear a mask, even though it’s mandatory. It’s mind blowing and extremely frustrating that so many are ignoring such a simple rule !
     And now in the UK another full lockdown is being considered that could come into act as early as next week 😔 I really hope everyone is doing okay, coping well and keeping healthy during these hard times 💕
    iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I personally love having to wear a mask. I only have to do my eye makeup for work now 😂😂