Selfie Failed

*M*O*N*S*T*E*R**M*O*N*S*T*E*R* Registered Users 57 Posts
Hey guys, so I upgraded my phone yesterday from a Samsung Galaxy S9+ to the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. Thankfully I was able to move my game with all my items, the only problem now is I can’t take selfies. There is more than enough space on the phone and the storage settings is set to allow for the Kim Kardashian app, so I don’t know what else to do. Can anyone please assist or advise?

Comments

• *M*O*N*S*T*E*R**M*O*N*S*T*E*R* Registered Users 57 Posts
    This is what it looks like:

• BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    Mine did this for a while too. To get mine to work, I turned off the permission, restarted my phone, and then turned the permission back on. When mine did this it was after I changed phones too, that's weird. 
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
    @BooskiBabii Thanks for the advice doll. Unfortunately it has not worked yet... but I will keep trying. 🙏🏻🙏🏻
    @kokokokonut Hi Koko, please forgive me for tagging you, but I know you also play on Android. Have you ever had an issue like this? I basically spent the whole weekend checking settings to see what might possibly be the error, but I am still unable to take selfies. I even made my brother download the KKH app (he got the same phone as I), and he gets the same error. 😭😭
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited November 2020
    Right now Android doesn’t like me.  After the update to fix Android crashing my Androids broke.  Aside from the obvious question of does your game have permission to access photos, I can’t think of anything that would stop it from working.  Have you tried asking Support?  You ca n send an InGame ticket, give them the details and ask them to help?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear about your games Koko!! 🙈 Hopefully they will be working again soon. 🤞🏻
    I think that is my only option now, to contact support...
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    A couple ideas to try:
    • Try clearing the cache of both your KKH game and the gallery app
    • Is your game saved to an SD card? If it is, move it to internal storage
    • Try taking the SD card out and see if that works (I've read sometimes SD cards can glitch a samsung)
    • Restart your phone in safe mode and see if it gives you the same error 
    @soundspretty I was excited to try your idea of clearing the cache data and then restarting the phone, but alas the error remains. 😞