🗳️✨SYS - 11/19/20 All That Glitters (Heavy Metal Weekend?) ✨🎶

Comments

• urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    :cry:
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • megandppmegandpp Registered Users, Member 148 Posts

First two looks, definitely much happier with these scores than with the abomination that was the last SYS event.

3 TBs in my group though 😭
  • Kween_of_the_KastleKween_of_the_Kastle Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    @urnxo your look is sooo pretty 😰
  • megandppmegandpp Registered Users, Member 148 Posts
    edited November 2020
    @urnxo what!!! That score can’t be right...
  • kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    that's clownery luv xx

IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
  • samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    @eligur im sorry doll ☹️ it really is a hit or miss with the voting booth. i saw your look through the screenshot on here and it’s beautiful! but i know its so hard to not get discouraged though  😭
  • Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    kadamisia said:
    that's clownery luv xx

I love the look on the left. I was so excited to buy this dress last year for BF but I was so disappointed when I saw that it never scores well during SYS.
    🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

• kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    @Stefani_H Thank you so much 🥺 And I feel the same way but I absolutely love this dress so I'm using it anyway 🤣 My scores suck either way lol
    IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
  • emmaissonemmaisson Registered Users, Member 834 Posts
    Doesn’t the “watch a video for 2x reward” reset for the weekend SYS? I’ve been voting for an hour and I haven’t gotten the pop up yet? 😩 
  • hotpotatohotpotato Registered Users, Member 134 Posts
    ...It be like that sometimes 
    I’m not even bothered anymore, just playing for the earnables🥴

• Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts

It's sad...really sad. Is this how it should be? For sooooooo long... Playing this SYS event for more than 2 days just to see only ONE player winning the grand TS item and only FIVE players getting the runner-up TS item in a group of THIRTY players is sooo demotivating and heartbreaking. 😩😭💔💔💔

✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    jusbcalm said:
    jusbcalm said:
    Can someone please explain what all the disappointment is about? I don’t really get what’s changed since the old SYS system. There’s the same number of dolls in each group and I doubt the number of excessive ticket buyers has somehow increased just because a new system has been introduced? I was able to get 3rd last SYS by using 2 extra tickets I had saved. Someone please enlighten me!
    1. There are more people using extra tickets. I have had over 13 extra ticket users each new sys. I don't even want to use my extra tickets for it. 
    2. The prizes used to be better for the top 5. Now 5th place can get a bracelet instead of a dress. That's a downgrade. It's not worth using extra tickets.
    3. I placed 8th place and have likely gotten a better prize if I placed 9th instead. 8th place was a bracelet. 9th was a silver box. It's like a punishment for scoring better than 9th.
    4. People don't tend to like change, especially when there are less benefits from said change. 
    Thank you so much for putting any frustration aside and explaining this in a nice way. 

So to sum up, the main issue is that the number of ticket buyers has greatly increased due to being able to win more items? I do however remember most dolls on the forum complaining about never being able to get TS items even with the old system. 

Also, most dolls seem to agree this could be resolved by grouping TBs and non-TBs apart. Though how would GLU know who is planning on using extra tickets and who isn’t? Especially who will be using tickets just to get to the last earnable (dolls like myself), and who will be going full on 1000+ point crazy? Would GLU determine this based on past SYS participation? If so, this type of grouping would be quite complex to implement back-end-wise, and I am yet to see a developer invest this much coding effort into one aspect of a mobile free-to-play game. 

Are we then saying GLU should simply bring the old SYS system back? But will we then stop complaining about it as we did before? 

Thanks again!

I disagree with this:
    the main issue is that the number of ticket buyers has greatly increased due to being able to win more items? I do however remember most dolls on the forum complaining about never being able to get TS items even with the old system. 

Because I don't think that's the argument that people are making or that most dolls complained about the old system. The items are not available to more people, there are just more low quality items dispersed more widely.
    I'd say most dolls had more luck getting the TS items under the old system because for example the dress would be available to the top 5 TS winners. Though this does bring us to your second point because ticketbuyers have been an ongoing problem.

While grouping TBs and non TBs has often been suggested I also disagree that most dolls think this would solve the issue. I think most are aware there would be major implementation issues to resolve.

Maybe you're misunderstanding these frustrations because you haven't been part of the discussions?
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @SamanaKKH Oh my!! That is hilarious. All her looks last event were nice and normal. She must be fed up!!
    iOS
  • xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    edited November 2020
    This dress looks so good on my doll not too bad I’m not getting it. There’s 3 tbs already. I’m just playing for the last earnable and diamonds😭

Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay 👗👠
  • jusbcalmjusbcalm Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Lisylis said:
    jusbcalm said:
    jusbcalm said:
    Can someone please explain what all the disappointment is about? I don’t really get what’s changed since the old SYS system. There’s the same number of dolls in each group and I doubt the number of excessive ticket buyers has somehow increased just because a new system has been introduced? I was able to get 3rd last SYS by using 2 extra tickets I had saved. Someone please enlighten me!
    1. There are more people using extra tickets. I have had over 13 extra ticket users each new sys. I don't even want to use my extra tickets for it. 
    2. The prizes used to be better for the top 5. Now 5th place can get a bracelet instead of a dress. That's a downgrade. It's not worth using extra tickets.
    3. I placed 8th place and have likely gotten a better prize if I placed 9th instead. 8th place was a bracelet. 9th was a silver box. It's like a punishment for scoring better than 9th.
    4. People don't tend to like change, especially when there are less benefits from said change. 
    Thank you so much for putting any frustration aside and explaining this in a nice way. 

So to sum up, the main issue is that the number of ticket buyers has greatly increased due to being able to win more items? I do however remember most dolls on the forum complaining about never being able to get TS items even with the old system. 

Also, most dolls seem to agree this could be resolved by grouping TBs and non-TBs apart. Though how would GLU know who is planning on using extra tickets and who isn’t? Especially who will be using tickets just to get to the last earnable (dolls like myself), and who will be going full on 1000+ point crazy? Would GLU determine this based on past SYS participation? If so, this type of grouping would be quite complex to implement back-end-wise, and I am yet to see a developer invest this much coding effort into one aspect of a mobile free-to-play game. 

Are we then saying GLU should simply bring the old SYS system back? But will we then stop complaining about it as we did before? 

Thanks again!

I disagree with this:
    the main issue is that the number of ticket buyers has greatly increased due to being able to win more items? I do however remember most dolls on the forum complaining about never being able to get TS items even with the old system. 

Because I don't think that's the argument that people are making or that most dolls complained about the old system. The items are not available to more people, there are just more low quality items dispersed more widely.
    I'd say most dolls had more luck getting the TS items under the old system because for example the dress would be available to the top 5 TS winners. Though this does bring us to your second point because ticketbuyers have been an ongoing problem.

While grouping TBs and non TBs has often been suggested I also disagree that most dolls think this would solve the issue. I think most are aware there would be major implementation issues to resolve.

Maybe you're misunderstanding these frustrations because you haven't been part of the discussions?
    I haven’t been part of the discussions because of passive aggressive feedback dolls receive if they dare question the common notion that “GLU are greedy MF’s, period”. I have however been reading every SYS thread since this summer.

And I swear the last SYS threads before the new system was implemented were filled with memes on how one won’t even bother with TS because they never get anything. Please don’t say that’s not the case, those were the exact comments receiving a looot of LOLs at that point. 

The idea of grouping TBs and non-TBs has already come up a few times in this thread, garnering a bunch of likes, as it did in every previous SYS thread as well. I’m not pulling this stuff out of my you know where. Still, if this isn’t the preferred resolution, please tell me what is? 

I feel like you cherry-picked the points I made and addressed them with “you haven’t been on the forum long enough”, without answering any of my honest questions that were the point of my post in the first place. 

Thanks. 
  • henriettehenriette Registered Users, Member 118 Posts

...And I started an hour late because I was at work.  I’m just over it.
  • ashleymeddsashleymedds Registered Users, Member 796 Posts
    got a 37 and a 38 on my first two looks 🙃 but on the brightside i’m in 6th place in silver I even with those scores because as of now my group seems to not have any TBs.... yet at least. going to go knock on some wood....
    ios doll since 2014, took a break & started again in October 2019 🤠💕
    ✨add me on fb: https://www.facebook.com/ashley.medds ✨
    ↪︎ send me a PM so I can add you back faster!
  • lunaaalunaaa Registered Users, Member 175 Posts

Thought it would be a good time to use this lovely dress since it has jewels all over it (because kim mentioned diamonds or something lol) guess i was wrong. Also, I accidentally bought this hair color just before the BF 😨
    On the bright side, i wonder if this dolls is a forum doll

Its the 4th or 5th time were in the same TS group and your looks are always gorgeous! 💕💕
    Android player from Turkey

on strike until EVERYONE GETS 20 DAILY VIDEOS
  • thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    lunaaa said:

Thought it would be a good time to use this lovely dress since it has jewels all over it (because kim mentioned diamonds or something lol) guess i was wrong. Also, I accidentally bought this hair color just before the BF 😨

Its the 4th or 5th time were in the same TS group and your looks are always gorgeous! 💕💕

Ooh, I love this dress! It's so light and ethereal, I hope to get it eventually. And this lovely doll is @nougat ❤️
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    jusbcalm said:
    Lisylis said:
    jusbcalm said:
    jusbcalm said:

Thanks again!

I disagree with this:

I haven’t been part of the discussions because of passive aggressive feedback dolls receive if they dare question the common notion that “GLU are greedy MF’s, period”. I have however been reading every SYS thread since this summer.

And I swear the last SYS threads before the new system was implemented were filled with memes on how one won’t even bother with TS because they never get anything. Please don’t say that’s not the case, those were the exact comments receiving a looot of LOLs at that point. 

The idea of grouping TBs and non-TBs has already come up a few times in this thread, garnering a bunch of likes, as it did in every previous SYS thread as well. I’m not pulling this stuff out of my you know where. Still, if this isn’t the preferred resolution, please tell me what is? 

I feel like you cherry-picked the points I made and addressed them with “you haven’t been on the forum long enough”, without answering any of my honest questions that were the point of my post in the first place. 

Thanks. 
    I picked the points that I disagreed with in your comment to respond to because I thought they reflected a misunderstanding of what people are upset about and discussing it might help you see people's concerns. Why on earth are you so aggressive? Did your last post get deleted? What in the heck is happening
  • jusbcalmjusbcalm Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    @jusbcalm Imo, if you were to scroll thru the older SYS threads then the newer ones, you would see the absolute difference in the energy. Yeah, some people were upset at times they couldn’t get TS due to ticket buyers, but still placed 6th or something. Now Theres so many ticket buyers that even averaging with a 50 gets you in 10th place. That is the issue. In my opinion, Glu should group all extreme TBs together lol.
    The absolute difference in energy I absolutely agree with. That's why I started asking questions.

Thank you for answering my question of how should GLU resolve this. Putting a cap on the number of extra tickets you could submit during an SYS seems like the only viable option here, and I hadn't thought about that before.

Dolls, see how easy it is to convince someone just asking questions with an open mind without any ??? unnecessary !!! passive ✨✨✨ aGgReSsIoN 🤡🤡🤡

Good day y'all.
  • lunaaalunaaa Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    lunaaa said:

Ooh, I love this dress! It's so light and ethereal, I hope to get it eventually. And this lovely doll is @nougat ❤️
    this dress was the only reason i spinned that kollection and i love it too! It never scores well for me somehow tho. I hope you get it soon cause its sooo pretty!
    And hello @nougat ! :) Your doll is lovely <3
    Android player from Turkey

on strike until EVERYONE GETS 20 DAILY VIDEOS