🗳️🍗SYS 11/26/20 - Happy Thanksgiving Let's All Get Thrifty Chic!🍗🦃

Comments

• DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    I'm just going to have fun with this and hope I level down again but rank high enough for a silver box. I'm going to end up in silver 1 again, which I hate.
    Platform: Android

• brenhinbrenhin Registered Users, Member 429 Posts
    I’m going to assume thrift chic is clothes you’d go for in a thrift store, so my looks will be a bit vintage and rugged. but I’m definitely taking this as a chance to dress casual!

🏳️‍🌈daily IOS player🏳️‍🌈
    🌈discord/insta/forum🌈

• AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Not really sure about this theme! Put a few looks together, I’ll edit makeup and accessories but hopefully it’s a start! 
    Do you think these looks are in the right direction? 

Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Nath_2019Nath_2019 Registered Users, Member 543 Posts

would you vote for this?
    YES - agree
    No - lol

I'm trying to discover what fits better in this theme
    •Playing KKH since August/19
    English isn't my first language
    •Nathalia in the game
    •iOS ❣ 20y

• naeustsnaeusts Registered Users, Member 402 Posts
    I still have absolutely no idea of what to do with this sys, so I decided to have fun with some autumn-ish looks. Clearly I'm obsessed with this hair 🙈

• RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited November 2020
    I’m a really passionate thrift-shopper...almost everything I own is vintage or second-hand! It’s more sustainable and I love owning items that have history and that I’m unlikely to see on someone else. So I like the eclectic mix of items very much — the shoes and quirky separates are definitely welcome in my wardrobe! 

However, I don’t know if I’ll be able to win anything, let alone place in the top 3...and I’m also not crazy about the top!

so the question is...do I dress in my personal funky thrifted style for this SYS, or do I actually try to score well and win these items? 🤔 

• RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Also thank you to whoever recommended this theme, I think it’s going to be refreshing and fun for me! I’ll be hunting for a few items in the “buy for diamonds” thread for sure 
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    @Rikk defenetly will need some tips and tricks on this SYS kween ;)
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • emmaissonemmaisson Registered Users, Member 834 Posts
    For someone whose first language isn’t English, what would you say thrifty chic means? 🤷🏻‍♀️🙈 #swede
  • naeustsnaeusts Registered Users, Member 402 Posts
    emmaisson said:
    For someone whose first language isn’t English, what would you say thrifty chic means? 🤷🏻‍♀️🙈 #swede
    I was going to ask the same question seriously, I have no idea if my looks are good enough 
  • danjames12danjames12 Registered Users, Member 518 Posts
    I’m not entirely sure where this theme will go- I’ve made some new looks that are a bit of a mixed bag 😂 so at least I can move down whichever direction the voters seem to go

BUT one thing I would note, Is that I don’t like the title- I’m from the uk. “Thrifting” is not a thing here. It’s a charity shop and just a charity shop here, but, as an English speaker whose culture is pretty ingrained with America, I’m aware of what it is... I don’t fully know if everyone would? 

It reminds me of the flower power theme tbh. Thrifting in a clothes sense is waaaaay more of an American thing. 
    iOS player...used to play when the game first came out!! Flash forward about five different dolls and here we are.
    Playing this doll since January 2020, and doubt I’ll be changing again! (Unless I quit because sys is a joke and I’m really starting to loose the fun in this game ✌🏼❌)
    I grew up in a English speaking country and I barely know what it's supposed to mean but I think the event is meant to be casual and you can use clothing that looks vintage like what someone might get in a thrift shop.

• Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    Like I said in the Award Show Host thread, I don't care anymore about leveling up or down, there's ticket buyers in every level whether you're Bronze or Silver. I also don't want to miss the earnables since it's most likely the only prizes I will get. I guess if I end up in the top 5 good for me but I don't want to stress out anymore for those SYS Events until they actually decides to change it.
    🌸 iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first language 🌸

• Nikki114Nikki114 Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    A few looks,  though to be honest,  I'm trying to level down this sys.

• woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,533 Posts
    Im gonna struggle with this event I have never gone thrifting
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • TinellatTinellat Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Not sure if this look will fit the theme..

What do you think?

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I still have no idea what this theme is but this is my take on it:

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    I honestly still have no idea what shabby chic is so all my looks are going to be like this

• KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,867 Posts
    CAN AYONE PLEASE USE THE PIE AND THE APRON FOR THE SYS TODAY??? I PLAY ON IPHONE 💜✨
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    I feel like Kate Moss street style is what I would describe as Thrifty Chic as she often mix vintage pieces with high street clothes for a eclectic look. 
    IOS Player 
  • danjames12danjames12 Registered Users, Member 518 Posts
    ill be honest, urban outfitters is my main inspiration for this sys... 
    iOS player...used to play when the game first came out!! Flash forward about five different dolls and here we are.
    Playing this doll since January 2020, and doubt I’ll be changing again! (Unless I quit because sys is a joke and I’m really starting to loose the fun in this game ✌🏼❌)
  • ChqrlotteChqrlotte Registered Users 832 Posts
    I have absolutely no idea what to wear lol
     ios player  ◡̈  free player
    🇳🇴
  • EloiseAnnEloiseAnn Registered Users 94 Posts
    @KkhAngelica- I will submit apron and pie as my first look - usually submit in the first 10 minutes 
  • KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,867 Posts
    EloiseAnn said:
    @KkhAngelica- I will submit apron and pie as my first look - usually submit in the first 10 minutes 
    Ok tysm! 💜
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
  • beba13beba13 Registered Users, Member 680 Posts
    I literaly cant pull one look by myself 😭😭😭 
    i will have to vote for a looooooong time to even be able to compose something 😂😂😂
    🌻IOS player🌻
    Been on KKH since day one with brakes 🥰
    Always looking for new friends 
    https://www.facebook.com/Bebac ♥️
  • kayayemkayayem Registered Users, Member 534 Posts
    I’m terrified for this theme, pretty much 2020 in a nutshell. I predict an average score of 38 for me this weekend.

Can we please have more straightforward themes like “snow bunny” or “celebrating the holidays safe at home” moving forward?
  • thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    This sys starts in 5 minutes & we are all so confused. Not gonna miss anything so ima nap
    I don't even know if I should bother starting a little late since it doesn't seem to matter much.