🗳️🔁KK:H Weekday SYS- TB 12/14/20 - Tropical Getaway!🌴🍹👙❓

Comments

• therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Lmao someone keeps making fake profiles to hide behind 💀💀💀💀coward
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    If they create a fake account and let’s say, get banned, can their actual account get banned?
    if so, we’ll find out soon enough who it was.
  • TinellatTinellat Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    I regret posting pictures of my doll and I think it’s time for me to leave the forum again since I came here to get inspiration in how to dress my doll in beautiful creative looks. My doll isn’t based in how I personally look nor in how any real people looks, for me this game was about being creative and mix all the beauty in the world. 

IRL I have European roots, have lived most of my life in the Caribbean, speak Chinese and are married to a Latin man. I try to surround myself with people who choose not to focus on how we are all different, but instead focus on sharing our cultures with each other and learn from one another. 

I’m sorry if I offended anyone with my doll, my likes or this post - it was never the intention. (As I mentioned my first language isn’t English and I apologize for any misunderstandings) 

I have enjoyed my time here on the forum, but I think it’s better for me to stay away from negative energy for now.
  • luna54luna54 Registered Users, Member 192 Posts
    luna54 said:
    Imagine thinking we’re gatekeeping a hair term when you’re really just wrong 🥴
    I never said you’re gatekeeping a hair term.
    It’s the adjective. 
    I describe my 3A hair as kinky because it’s CURLY AND WILD, it’s just another word I use to describe it and I’m truly sorry if I have caused you any distress in doing so... 
    it did, will i be entitled to compensation? 🥺
    No ❤️
    But I am! My compensation is knowing you girls have spent the last three pages of this thread defending (and rightly so) POC, yet you jumped down my throat with the QUICKNESS because I called my curly hair kinky. You’re not nice people 🤗 
    I hope that’s ok x

• suziq24suziq24 Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    @lulula lol no..just gwyneth 
    2409201 said:
    Sorry.... just have to ask where all this energy is when dolls (including one very vocal doll in particular) are chasing clothes that are appropriating traditional Asian styles of clothing? Either culturally appropriating in a virtual game is okay or it is not. The hypocrisy is tiring.

It's also one thing over a forum where people can 'explain' themselves, but paper-bagging virtual dolls from a virtual voting booth is strange imo. How are you to know they aren't bi-racial?
    I think applying real life (American) politics to a game is a stretch, and dogpiling another black doll for disagreeing is gross and out of line. I'm fortunate enough to have spent a lot of time overseas and can tell you that, generally speaking, peoples priorities when it comes to social justice are extremely different and that this is a reflection of their lived experience as well as cultural norms & values. Non-Western countries do not view cultural appropriation from the same lens, and expecting them too is just pure American-centrism.

Of course I expect to get dogpiled for this, but I don't agree with saying only black dolls are allowed an opinion on this, only to then tell another black doll their opinion is wrong and ignorant because it does not match yours. Maybe what you meant to say is "anybody can have an opinion on this as long as it is the same as mine" because non-black dolls who agree with you arent being told to mind their own business.

Oh, and the comment towards a Afro-Latinx person saying they arent "black black" was disgusting and shameful. If you don't know someones racial and ethnic heritage and youre judging their race off of a virtually styled doll then you have no place to make such comments or judgements. It's especially gross considering the history of many colonised nations where colonizers attempted to eradicate black populations through unspeakably brutal means. If you were to say that to an Aboriginal person in Australia they would literally be able to take you to court for discrimination.

😩 such a strawman argument I speak on the most mistreated and disrespected people blacks. And FYI someone did mention the appropriation of Asian culture 🙃 but I guess you missed that. 
  • lululalulula Registered Users, Member 808 Posts
    suziq24 said:
    @lulula lol no..just gwyneth 
    Lmao can’t disagree 😂😂
    Platform: iOS
  • xBlossomxxBlossomx Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    My lowest and highest so far 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • eviewashereeviewashere Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    edited December 2020
    if people are stating that they are uncomfortable and upset with something, i think it’s the obvious choice to stop doing said thing? a lot of hairstyles have a lot of backstory and meaning behind them, so it’s not unreasonable for people to be upset when someone is using those hairstyles without any knowledge about them! it’s very upsetting to see how hurt people are, and seeing people hurt others, please just listen to what people are saying and research the importance of cultural hairstyles. i think it would benefit everyone. 💕
    hope everyone is alright, i know this is probably very frustrating and upsetting for you guys having to put up with this :(

edit : if anyone needs anything please feel free to pm me, i’ll answer as soon as i can! this forum can be such a lovely place but can be very draining at times, and i want to make sure i don’t contribute to any negativity for anyone 
  • meritedkkhmeritedkkh Registered Users, Member 673 Posts
    edited December 2020
    This discussion isn’t even about dolls (anymore). It’s about cultural appropriation in real life. 
  • thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    luna54 said:
    luna54 said:
    Imagine thinking we’re gatekeeping a hair term when you’re really just wrong 🥴
    I never said you’re gatekeeping a hair term.
    It’s the adjective. 
    I describe my 3A hair as kinky because it’s CURLY AND WILD, it’s just another word I use to describe it and I’m truly sorry if I have caused you any distress in doing so... 
    it did, will i be entitled to compensation? 🥺
    No ❤️
    But I am! My compensation is knowing you girls have spent the last three pages of this thread defending (and rightly so) POC, yet you jumped down my throat with the QUICKNESS because I called my curly hair kinky. You’re not nice people 🤗 
    I hope that’s ok x

Aw okay 🥺
    edited December 2020
    This discussion isn’t even about dolls (anymore). It’s about cultural appropriation in real life. 

ViennaKKH said:
    I’m sorry to interrupt but I’ve already asked this question in the update thread but no one answers 😔
    I’ve asked if it is cultural incorrect or not.
    I wanted to know if I can wear this hair. Until now I didn’t wear it.

If you’re not a POC—black—don’t. It’s a black hairstyle. Shouldn’t have been in the diamond kollection, imho. 
    That’s not true though is it lol

Adding in ‘anymore’ to your post after I’ve pointed it out? Embarrassing lmaoooo
  • 24092012409201 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts

Nope. Long time lurker - lurkers often decide to create an account during heated discussions. Maybe some are puppet accounts but I'm not :-). Just someone who finally felt they had something they cared enough to type up to go through the trouble of making an account ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it's not that far-fetched is it?
    And I've been frustrated watching your doll wearing clothes inspired by traditional Asian garments for a while considering how often you speak about cultural appropriation of black hairstyles. You're more than entitled to your opinions and feelings, but it would be nice if made an effort to hold yourself to the same standard.
    And again think the dogpiling and name-calling of black dolls who disagree with you is gross and absolutely uncalled for. You can have a passionate debate AND be respectful of others, their opinions, and their lived experiences.

• thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    luna54 said:

ViennaKKH said:
    I’m sorry to interrupt but I’ve already asked this question in the update thread but no one answers 😔

If you’re not a POC—black—don’t. It’s a black hairstyle. Shouldn’t have been in the diamond kollection, imho. 
    This was before and the doll asked a question, so she answered it. What point are you trying to make?
  • darthdarthdddarthdarthdd Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    2409201 said:

Nope. Long time lurker - lurkers often decide to create an account during heated discussions. Maybe some are puppet accounts but I'm not :-). Just someone who finally felt they had something they cared enough to type up to go through the trouble of making an account ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it's not that far-fetched is it?
    And I've been frustrated watching your doll wearing clothes inspired by traditional Asian garments for a while considering how often you speak about cultural appropriation of black hairstyles. You're more than entitled to your opinions and feelings, but it would be nice if made an effort to hold yourself to the same standard.
    And again think the dogpiling and name-calling of black dolls who disagree with you is gross and absolutely uncalled for. You can have a passionate debate AND be respectful of others, their opinions, and their lived experiences.

Agreed, We need to learn to educate people in a more respectful manner rather than being passive aggressive and calling each other names and such. Being disrespectful and accusatory behind a screen is not going to be receptive to those that already have different point of views. 
    edited December 2020
    I’m 2409201 said:

Traditional Asian garments for a while 😂😂😂😂 youve got to be kidding me I worn a kimono which wasnt even fully traditional 🙃 i literally have black features and wear poc style hairs I got nothing from that one weekend that had the Asian full outfit and eyes cause I didn’t feel right chasing that. And you have a mouth use it to speak on Asian culture  do u want others to fight ur battles 🥴 cause I got my own being black sis
    edited December 2020
    luna54 said:

ViennaKKH said:

This was before and the doll asked a question, so she answered it. What point are you trying to make?
    That it was in game? How is that not obvious what I was saying? What? 

This forum is horribly clique-y... it’s like Mean Girls on the internet lmao. 

I really am going this time, PROMISE, I can tell I’ll be missed but that’s ok 🥺 I will just lurk from the sidelines x

thank you all for being so welcoming 🥴 me and my kinky, sorry, curly hair had fun here for a few months. 
  • meritedkkhmeritedkkh Registered Users, Member 673 Posts
    edited December 2020
    luna54 said:

ViennaKKH said:

Adding in ‘anymore’ to your post after I’ve pointed it out? Embarrassing lmaoooo
    PLEASE LMAO 💀 I edited my post right after I made it because I remembered the original discussion came from a doll asking if her doll could wear a hair. I promise you’re not on my mind or important to me at all. I was gathering screenshots minding my business while you were here thinking about me. 😩 Fan behavior. You want an autograph? 
  • scarley1999scarley1999 Registered Users, Member 331 Posts
    @scarley1999 I love that jumpsuit but it never scores well for me
    I know right i really like it but it never gets a good score for me either which is so annoying i don’t understand why! So i never end up using it😢 
  • ViennaKKHViennaKKH Registered Users, Member 1,388 Posts
    Did I started the discussion? 😳😱
    Oh no that was not my intention at all !
    Dolls please stop, it was just a question because I think the hairstyle in the pic is so gorgeous.
    It’s just in my kloset and can’t stop looking at the hair eveytime I scroll in my kloset. It’s a compliment 😊
    I know I still have a lot to educate myself so sorry for the question. Before this community I had no idea at all 😳 
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    I was gonna text my friend if she has any Drama to tell me cause I’m bored but I got just what I needed on forums today. Bless you forums
  • suziq24suziq24 Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Basak said:

Loving the seperate hat! It looks good with many hairstyles 😍☀️
    This sunhat suits your doll perfectly - fantastic styling too 🙌🏻
  • _Nova__Nova_ Registered Users, Member 204 Posts
    I was gonna text my friend if she has any Drama to tell me cause I’m bored but I got just what I needed on forums today. Bless you forums
    Why would you find people fighting for representation and ignorant comments entertaining?
  • 24092012409201 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃