šŸ—³ļøšŸ”KK:H Weekday SYS- TB 12/14/20 - Tropical Getaway!šŸŒ“šŸ¹šŸ‘™ā“

Comments

• suziq24suziq24 Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    @Maree_kkh a British person I usually conflate being kinky with something else...
    Iā€™m not mocking the conversations about Poc Ā hair..Iā€™m just trying to lightning the mood here on the forum Ā šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
  • luna54luna54 Registered Users, Member 192 Posts
    Nope, I completely understand.Ā 
    I just think itā€™s incredibly hypocritical to say you can ā€˜disconnectā€™ the Kardashians from the game when they are guilty of the things people on here are crying about, but you canā€™t ā€˜disconnectā€™ when someone uses braids on a white dolls hair. My issue is you canā€™t pick and chose which of those two upset you.Ā 
    I went through my entire school life (and hell, Iā€™ve had it now Iā€™m in my mid-twenties too) being called a ā€˜ch*nkyā€™. Iā€™ve had the N word thrown at me countless times. I UNDERSTAND there is and always will be an issue with racism which of course needs to be spoken about. So you can tell me I donā€™t understand because I have privilege but it certainly hasnā€™t felt that way, so thatā€™s rude if you ask me.Ā 
    People have every right to be upset or offended about a virtual doll wearing an Afro hairstyle. But for you to say it isnā€™t hypocritical to see past the fact that the people whoā€™s pockets you are lining are the same ones who are guilty of it, is just a lie. Thatā€™s my point.Ā 
    I do understand issues that are actually there.Ā 
    I am not, and havenā€™t ever disputed itā€™s ENTIRELY unfair that POC hairstyles are harder to get in this game. Because it is. I never said that.Ā 

• chloemoneychloemoney Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    edited December 2020
    @luna54 I wanted to let you know why I LOLā€™d at your post. The Kardashianā€™s have gotten backlash time and time again for appropriating hairstyles. Kylie, Kim, Khloe ALL OF THEM. A lot of dolls on here donā€™t like the Kardashianā€™s but we can disconnect the two.Ā 

The issue is when non poc dolls use these barely accessible poc hairstyles just for votes/looks/when it benefits them. Poc dolls donā€™t have the luxury to utilize these styles because they are often harder to obtain, ie. Sold in fg or kollections instead of the closet. This can be applied to other cultural items in game as well.Ā 

This game is very much Eurocentric but Glu knows they have players all over the world & itā€™s wrong when glu tries to capitalize on diverse items by selling them to players who are eager to have them. To represent them.Ā 

For example I feel terrible about the eyes with the lower lid. I got them in a free box. I donā€™t wear them because 1. Iā€™m not of Asian descent. 2. As a empathetic person I donā€™t want to offend a player of Asian descent who didnā€™t get lucky enough to get the eyes. We shouldnā€™t have to get lucky to get things that represent us, when others have it more easily.Ā 

Itā€™s not fair. If you donā€™t understand the problem then thatā€™s one thing but when you donā€™t TRY to understand youā€™re just flexing privilege.Ā 

This issue definitely stems from deeper issues inna real life. So please donā€™t go crying hypocrisy. I think you just need to widen your understanding and put yourself in someone elseā€™s shoesĀ 

*editing because them typos got me šŸ¤•
    How can anyone separate the two? The majority of the items being used in this game is what Kardashians have worn themselves. Yes they get backlash but obviously they donā€™t care so they still do it. I donā€™t like the Kardashianā€™s and I hate that I play this game so much but you canā€™t separate the two. If this game wasnā€™t based off the top culture vultures then honestly you wouldnā€™t have this problem. Iā€™ve been saying Iā€™m getting off this game, mainly because itā€™s money hungry, the SYS sucks now, and because I try not to support them. Which we all are doing. I said in my earlier post, I have no clue who is even the race they are portraying.. this is a anonymous fake game. Most of the times people of color canā€™t or wonā€™t wear their actual features because you wonā€™t score high. I saw @luna54 say this and Iā€™ve seen other POC dolls say this forum say the same thing in the past. Do I care about a fake game? No I donā€™t. I take my issues up with people in real life. But supporting a culture vulture who has influenced millions of baby culture vultures is not ok either. Some of these POC dolls we see could be another race and we donā€™t even know. But at this point yā€™all need to agree to disagree. This game is dry anyways, and the fact that itā€™s getting expensive I wonā€™t be playing much longer because itā€™s supporting the true culture vultures anyway.

edit: typo
  • BeckyWithTheGoodHairBeckyWithTheGoodHair Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    I think itā€™s important to recognise that a lot
    of dolls are coming from so many different countries with different backgrounds and experiences. Not everyone here is a native English speaker, not everyone uses a doll that accurately reflects their skin tone/ethnicity/hair colour etc (especially since the game doesnā€™t make it possible and is very Caucasian-centric) and not everyone understands the issues inherent to POC (especially Black) Americans. Some dolls are going to be adults and some dolls are going to be teenagers as well, and not everyone is going to have the emotional maturity or the appropriate knowledge to know every nuanced aspect of this issue.Ā 

This game is supposed to be fun, but this forum also allows us to connect with people that we would never have the opportunity to in real life. The issues facing POC in America are real and severe, but there are so many cultural/social/racial things going on in everyoneā€™s country that are horrific and as someone else said (canā€™t find the comment now Iā€™m so sorry), it really reflects the American-centrism that can exist. POC experiences globally are not equal and you canā€™t invalidate others experiences just as they shouldnā€™t be able to invalidate yours. This should be a respectful conversation (on both sides) and an opportunity for people to learn since not everyone is from America and not everyone is going to understand these issues.Ā 
  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,533 Posts
    luna54 said:
    I just think itā€™s incredibly hypocritical to say you can ā€˜disconnectā€™ the Kardashians from the game when they are guilty of the things people on here are crying about, but you canā€™t ā€˜disconnectā€™ when someone uses braids on a white dolls hair. My issue is you canā€™t pick and chose which of those two upset you.Ā 
    I went through my entire school life (and hell, Iā€™ve had it now Iā€™m in my mid-twenties too) being called a ā€˜ch*nkyā€™. Iā€™ve had the N word thrown at me countless times. I UNDERSTAND there is and always will be an issue with racism which of course needs to be spoken about. So you can tell me I donā€™t understand because I have privilege but it certainly hasnā€™t felt that way, so thatā€™s rude if you ask me.Ā 
    People have every right to be upset or offended about a virtual doll wearing an Afro hairstyle. But for you to say it isnā€™t hypocritical to see past the fact that the people whoā€™s pockets you are lining are the same ones who are guilty of it, is just a lie. Thatā€™s my point.Ā 
    I am not, and havenā€™t ever disputed itā€™s ENTIRELY unfair that POC hairstyles are harder to get in this game. Because it is. I never said that.Ā 

Thought she was logging out..
    iOSšŸ–¤. Doll (Holly) šŸ’
  • luna54luna54 Registered Users, Member 192 Posts
    edited July 2021
  • eviewashereeviewashere Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    i understand how some people may see it as hypocritical, however this is one of the few decent dress up games ( at least imo) and similar games ( like gluā€™s OWN games ) have been long abandoned and donā€™t get updated anymore or are just plain boring. Ā i think itā€™s unfair to discredit peopleā€™s upset bc like i said, itā€™s hard to find alternatives ESPECIALLY when people have been playing for a while already and have spent money. however this is just my opinion. (:
  • Maree_kkhMaree_kkh Registered Users, Member 723 Posts
    abasili93 said:
    I'm sorry if this comment will restart a conversation it's already over but I managed to understand some POC dolls in the forums feel themselves offended by white dolls wearing hairstyles inspired by their culture.
    I'm Italian and cultural appropriation is not a real thing here (racism is, but not the cultural appropriation phenomenon which is spread in a society based on multiculturalism, as the American one).Ā 
    I used to live by the sea till I graduated in high school, and I still could remember braids which really look like the box braids, especially during summertime. Our moms used to do it, our hairdressers used to do it.
    I know POC Italian people who would be really happy to do my hair as theirs - though I respect if other POC people could think of it as cultural appropriation.
    Besides, I have the straighter hair possible and I would never ever picture myself not voting for a POC doll cause she has a straight hairstyle even if it's not possible for their natural hair to be that straight in real life - I don't want this to sound wrong, I think POC natural hair is beautiful. I couldn't even think about not voting an Asian/African/Afro-American/White American doll for wearing a Rinascimental hairstyle or clothes (which is in the game), even if someone could say it belongs to European culture. Is it also cultural appropriation for a not Swedish doll to dye her hair Swedish blonde?
    I don't want to offend anyone point of view here and if this comment has, pls DM me and I would love to apologize to you personally and maybe learn something about cultural appropriation, which I know little - as I said.
    I just want to emphasize than maybe this kind of battles, which are undoubtedly important, should not find a place in a game forum, perhaps. It really discredits the meaning itself of the battle.
    Shouldn't Anti-Racism be spreading different cultures and (mayyyyybe) mixing them up for creating a richer cultural and personal heritage? Or is it more anti-racist to keep them separate in some kind of watertight compartments?
    Again, I'm so so so sorry if I offended anyone. Just wanted to share my opinion as objectively as possible.

Also not trying to start/continue anything, i won't comment further than this as i don't like posting on the forum.
    Immediate points to mention: i think you maybe you meant that black people can't be born with straight hair, but i would like to remind people that afro hair can be that straight by physically or chemically straightening it. And considering the incredibly few afro/braided/dread styles that have been earnable in the game versus the vast majority of straight hair, it would be odd to vote against a black doll with straight hair.
    Also, i think we'd struggle to classify having blonde hair as swedish culture. Of course, anyone can dye their hair whatever colour they want in real life. I've dyed my hair blonde before. But hypothetically, considering blonde hair colour swedish culture would then ignore the many swedish minorities who do not have blonde hair naturally. It also ignores the possibility that ethnic minorities can be born blond (which they can, my grandmother, father and sister all were born blond)
    Whereas, the overwhelming majority of black people are born with afro hair of some description. I would go so far as to say it is the most identifying feature of people with afro/carribean heritage, as skin colour varies widely. While some of you may think the cultural significance of afro hair is small outside North America, it still effects us because we will always have afro hair no matter where we travel. I have had negative racial remarks about my hair in the US, UK, Italy, France, Germany, Portugal, Dubai etc etc. There may not be a big enough black population where you are for you to notice cultural appropriation. But cultural appropriation of black hairstyles is based in the fact that we are racially discriminated against for wearing them, and that discrimination continues regardless of what country we are in. And for other non black people to wear it and not face that (and largely they don't because there are a lot of cultures in the world who think most lowly of black people or dark skin) it is upsetting. You may think that's too deep for a dress up game but we've also seen that black dolls wearing braids/dreads often score poorly in SYS.
    The only thing i regret is the lack of skintones in the game make it so i might vote against a lighter skinned doll who actually is black or mixed.
    In an ideal world we would be able to share cultures. But that world would also have to not have discrimination exist and we're far off from that. In some ways I envy those of you in ethnically homogenous black country so you perhaps do not have these complaints.
    Sorry for the essay, and if this seems blunt at times i'm not trying to have a go at you, just responding objectively. I really felt like i had to explain since so many people agreed.

• eviewashereeviewashere Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    edited December 2020
    on a more game-related note has anyoneā€™s scores been declining?? i started of getting 50s and now iā€™m getting 30s, i like to think my looks are quite well put together but idk?? iā€™m not sure what the voters want bc no matter what i do, my looks flop ):

edit :: all my looks are similar enough that youā€™d think theyā€™d get similar votes but not identical to the point where voters would get too bored ( i hope)

** also when i said ā€œ on a more game-related note ā€œ i was talking about my previous post, but i now realise it may seem odd and rude! should have made that more clear sorry!Ā 
  • Maree_kkhMaree_kkh Registered Users, Member 723 Posts
    suziq24 said:
    @Maree_kkh a British person I usually conflate being kinky with something else...
    Iā€™m not mocking the conversations about Poc Ā hair..Iā€™m just trying to lightning the mood here on the forum Ā šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
    Ahahaha don't worry, i appreciate lightening the mood! I hadn't even thought about the phrasing lmao
  • xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    edited December 2020
    @luna54 leave the game and play what in its option? Paper doll heaven? Instead of giving up and abandoning I would like to see change.

I would love to play the Nicki Minaj game in its place but... I donā€™t think itā€™s been updated in a while?

I donā€™t see the in game fashions as what the Kardashianā€™s wear. I see it as FASHION. I SEE ACTUAL FASHION BY FASHION HOUSES.Ā 

And since Iā€™m putting money in the Kardashianā€™s/glus pockets I have every right to want to see change.Ā 

and for the dolls that change their skin tone that sucks. Iā€™ve done a experiment when Iā€™ve changed my skin tone for one sys to see if it would score better. My scores better did because of this eurocentric focus in beauty. As seen in this game.Ā 

Itā€™s apart of a bigger psychological problem and I do hope the dolls that are identity fishing someday see through it and feel comfortable enough and understand why itā€™s upsetting to some.

Donā€™t be so privileged where you can disregard others feelings and try to mask it as hypocrisy.Ā 

@chloemoney girl..... you can just log out fa me.Ā 
    Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay šŸ‘—šŸ‘ 
  • cleopatraliakcleopatraliak Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    most votes vs least votes (i got 3 looks with 26 votesšŸ’€šŸ’€)
  • WhatIsRealityWhatIsReality Registered Users, Member 532 Posts
    @kokokokonut @KalindaKing can these ignorant trolls be removed? POC are seeing enough disgusting racism constantly irl and on the news/social media, this is supposed to be a fun way to escape.Ā 

It's not even about trying to educate anymore, im all here for that but they're clearly trolling and I wouldn't be surprised if they keep making new pristine profiles to troll furtherĀ 
    @princessprecious New pristine profilesšŸ’€šŸ’€
    I literally just choked šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Why do I even botherĀ šŸ˜’
    Itā€™s official I have SYS anxiety, does anyone else?
    PM me to add me on FacebookĀ 
    #OnStrikeUntilEveryPlayerGets20Videos #EqualTreatmentOfAllPlayers #GreedyAppDevelopersLoseMoney
  • WhatIsRealityWhatIsReality Registered Users, Member 532 Posts
    edited December 2020
    luna54 said:
    luna54 said:

Oh wow! What an absolutely riveting and thought provoking response!!! Truly well done for that x
    It was going to happen eventuallyĀ šŸ‘€

Why do I even botherĀ šŸ˜’
    Itā€™s official I have SYS anxiety, does anyone else?
    PM me to add me on FacebookĀ 
    #OnStrikeUntilEveryPlayerGets20Videos #EqualTreatmentOfAllPlayers #GreedyAppDevelopersLoseMoney
    edited December 2020
    Iā€™m so over this thread. Everyone I disagree with just getting muted & ignored.Ā 

Ā Let me post my looks.Ā 
    That 37 was humbling.

• chloemoneychloemoney Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    @luna54 leave the game and play what in its option? Paper doll heaven? Instead of giving up and abandoning I would like to see change.

I would love to play the Nicki Minaj game in its place but... I donā€™t think itā€™s been updated in a while?

I donā€™t see the in game fashions as what the Kardashianā€™s wear. I see it as FASHION. I SEE ACTUAL FASHION BY FASHION HOUSES.Ā 

And since Iā€™m putting money in the Kardashianā€™s/glus pockets I have every right to want to see change.Ā 

and for the dolls that change their skin tone that sucks. Iā€™ve done a experiment when Iā€™ve changed my skin tone for one sys to see if it would score better. My scores better did because of this eurocentric focus in beauty. As seen in this game.Ā 

Itā€™s apart of a bigger psychological problem and I do hope the dolls that are identity fishing someday see through it and feel comfortable enough and understand why itā€™s upsetting to some.

Donā€™t be so privileged where you can disregard others feelings and try to mask it as hypocrisy.Ā 

@chloemoney girl..... you can just log out fa me.Ā 
    Iā€™m not logging out. Imagine me mad at an imaginary doll in a voting booth with 0 influence but praising an actual culture vulture. You can separate the fashion in your head but these are outfits and hairstyles the Kardashianā€™s have worn, that is a fact. Clearly no one is saying, yes let everyone walk around looking like you bought someone elseā€™s culture. But yes it is fake, to be in here supporting someone that does. Yā€™all are dragging this. Even the people thanking everyone for somehow ā€œteaching them something new.ā€ Everyone knows what cultural appropriation is. If you follow the kardashians itā€™s clear as day. If you had to ask if you could wear this, then you knew. The reason I said I didnā€™t care what anyone does on this app is because itā€™s fake. We have no clue who is who. So the people that want to be fake woke, how about you log out the entire game because thatā€™s the main problem.
  • henriettehenriette Registered Users, Member 118 Posts
    henrietta said:

I feel like my identity has been stolen for evil. Ā This is not me! Ā Just want to point that out because I was confused myself.Ā 
  • jlr224jlr224 Registered Users, Member 674 Posts
    most votes vs least votes (i got 3 looks with 26 votesšŸ’€šŸ’€)
    I love the hair piece in your second look, is that a hairstyle or a stand alone hair piece? šŸ˜šŸ˜
    @chloemoney Iā€™m muting you now girl. I donā€™t have the energyĀ 
  • ronnievronniev Registered Users, Member 292 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Looks 4-9 I started this sys late so I might have missed ticket? Idk but I hope my ts board stays like this šŸ¤žšŸ¼šŸ„“
  • thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Iā€™m so over this thread. Everyone I disagree with just getting muted & ignored.Ā 

Ā Let me post my looks.Ā 
    That 37 was humbling.

The second hair style is so gorgeous! Iā€™ve never seen it before. Your doll is so pretty šŸ„ŗ
    luna54 said:
    luna54 said:

Oh wow! What an absolutely riveting and thought provoking response!!! Truly well done for that x
    Tnxx šŸ„° I was just speaking on what you said you were going to do love.Ā 
  • abasili93abasili93 Registered Users 331 Posts
    edited December 2020
    @Maree_kkh yes doll, that's what I meant with the straight hair part. But POC people don't normally have straight hair cause they are really curly (like white people with straight hair didn't need to have box braids for their hair is not that frizzy). That was meant to be an analogy, as far as ice-blonde hair which is a common characteristic of most of the Swedish (with all respect to Alicia Vikander and Swedish people like her who are not blonde).
    I get what cultural appropriation means by your comment and I'm forever grateful to you for this. Besides, I live in a really multicultural environment here in Milan and I can assure you that also here, in which Italians are the minority, I cannot see what you may have been experienced as a POC.
    I didn't even want to reply to the fact that we have so much straight hair and POC hairstyles are difficult to achieve 'cause that wasn't really a point I wanted to stress. I am just here as a doll who has some POC hairstyle and has used them without even knowing that it could have been perceived as cultural appropriation and I wanted to clear out that wasn't my interest to offend anyone - and I think that most of other white dolls have made the same mistake without knowing.
    I think all of us have been offended by discrimination for their ethnicity or nationality: yet I'm sure African and Afroamerican are at the top of this list and I'm really no one to say what is and what is not cultural appropriation. Its meaning is so complex that could change by the very person you have in front of you.Ā 
    Besides, I am sure that if we don't start making an effort to understand where there is malice or not in other's behaviour (I mean intention to copy by stereotypes other cultures) we could never reach a world without discrimination.

FB Player since 2015 - Android since 2020 šŸŒ™
    Level 74 - 1st A+++Ā āœØ
    English is not my first language šŸ‡®šŸ‡¹
    @thatgalbia thank you doll šŸ’™šŸ’™ of course itā€™s from a collection. šŸ˜”
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    Stuck on my next look. I don't have many good swimsuits on my side game and my good handhelds are locked rn. What would y'all post our of these?Ā 
    Agree...1
    Like...2
    Awesome...3
    Lol...4

šŸŒŸLevelĀ 38 & 39ā€”Android
    šŸ’žĀ Mom of 4!
    šŸ—£ļøĀ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    šŸŒ¼ I am a Recovery Coach.
    ā£Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are!Ā 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @BooskiBabii I would do 3 but swap the balloon for the martini and use the earrings undyed
    iOS
    @BooskiBabii I love the first lookāœØ