🗳️☃️ SYS - 12/17/20 - Who wants to make a Snow Angel?☃️❄️👼

Comments

• brenhinbrenhin Registered Users, Member 429 Posts
    ViennaKKH said:
    It is possible that people were less aware than now imo. We learn everyday, the other faster than some other. Time is different for everyone.
    to me this just sounds like ignorance, everyone is completely aware of these issues- even children. if adults aren’t willing to learn (which I’m assuming most of you are) then it’s concerning to me! 
    it’s not like all of you don’t have access to a computer or phone 🙄 like I said stop making excuses and just do better!
    🏳️‍🌈daily IOS player🏳️‍🌈
    🌈discord/insta/forum🌈

• therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    RRM said:
    Tammie Rice, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, only to name a few, were BEFORE 2017. Miss me with that "there was no outrage in 2017". There was plenty of outrage prior to 2017: people rioted, social media was flooded, the black lives matter movement took flight.... If you think there was no outrage by 2017, you were willfully ignoring what was happening. 

Oh and to those dolls saying "there's no racism in my majority-non-black country" look again because the fact of the matter is anti-black sentiment is global, you're just not listening.
    Boooooommmm all of this 🥴🖤 the there is no racism in my country is such a eye roll cause either they ignore it or it’s  Indentured into it they don’t realize it’s wrong
  • ViennaKKHViennaKKH Registered Users, Member 1,388 Posts
    edited December 2020
    brenhin said:
    ViennaKKH said:
    It is possible that people were less aware than now imo. We learn everyday, the other faster than some other. Time is different for everyone.
    to me this just sounds like ignorance, everyone is completely aware of these issues- even children. if adults aren’t willing to learn (which I’m assuming most of you are) then it’s concerning to me! 
    it’s not like all of you don’t have access to a computer or phone 🙄 like I said stop making excuses and just do better!
    I’m sorry? In my previous post I’ve already said that I’ve learned so much already and that I’m much more aware today and still have a lot to learn. Maybe I was ignorant 3 years ago, yes. Because I didn’t know all that.
    Edit : not everyone is aware of this issue.
    I remember a few years back I did’t talk about serious topics. But I do now and trying to do better, but ok.
    edited December 2020
    Thank you for “lol” KristaLenz. I was trying to express myself which is not easy to do. I’m sorry if you don’t understand my post and* find this funny. 

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @meritedkkh That's not what I meant to say! Just wanted to say that we will be stricter about the rules overall.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    edited December 2020
    🙃 so I guess in order to correct ur mistakes your gonna be harder on people 😩 that’s a odd flex. The proper way to go about this would be to offer apology correct the mistake and not try to punish those speaking out. Be definitely harder on the second profiles but the dms thing is hella  sus 
    RRM said:
    Tamir Rice, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, only to name a few, were BEFORE 2017. Miss me with that "there was no outrage in 2017". There was plenty of outrage prior to 2017: people rioted, social media was flooded, the black lives matter movement took flight.... If you think there was no outrage by 2017, you were willfully ignoring what was happening. 

Oh and to those dolls saying "there's no racism in my majority-non-black country" look again because the fact of the matter is anti-black sentiment is global, you're just not listening.
    Tbh I’m so ashamed right now I don’t know all of these stuff. I don’t know where my brains were back then, even now. Also people in my surrounding are not talking about these kind of topics. Actually it started with this forum that I start conversations with others about this and how important this is. I’m truly sorry 😢 
  • KristaLenzKristaLenz Registered Users, Unconfirmed, Member 312 Posts
    ViennaKKH said:
    Thank you for “lol” KristaLenz. I was trying to express myself which is not easy to do. I’m sorry if you don’t understand my post and* find this funny. 

You're welcome, anytime. 
    Android player. 👾
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    Anything I say at this point about 'why' would just be conjecture. Going back and reading the thread as a whole & deleting the comments- it's an outrage.  I remember for a lot of us, we didn't know what the braids were - myself included.  We were ignorant.  But it was explained to me that day, and it stuck.  About a year ago, I read another member commenting casually about them, and I informed her they had rich cultural history, and were part of the POC Heritage.
    If you 're going to ask why they weren't deleted at the time, I'm honest.  I don't know.  We know so much more now.  No one complained  previously, directing us to take a look.  Sometimes as things unfold they don't jump out at you like they do in 2020 hindsight.   Peppered in between non braid discussion, none of us noticed.  Again, conjecture.  Sometimes a comment doesn't jump out till another comment is made further down the line.   

There is never 'context' for ugly thoughts.  All i can offer is that as the thread was happening real time, it certainly wasn't as in your face as the collected and reposted individual posts from the thread.  As someone who was there at the time, I can only say I'm sorry.  As a mod at the time,  I am really sorry these posts weren't looked at more closely.  So much has happened in the past 3 years, my god, the past year alone -  we are truly a more cognizant group about race and racial atrocities.  We didn't know that part of growing up black in America meant your parents teach you how to react with police.  We didn't know. There was no outrage at the time, I wish there had been.  Then these posts from 2017 wouldn't have cause so much pain.

And now I am doing clean up.  If your posts are deleted, it's because I am trying to do a better job than 3 years ago. Please send me a message and we'll talk about it.

Idk about others, as I only speak for myself,  but three years ago the police were as they are today. I've taught my children, who are mixed (black and white) how to respond with police since they were old enough to understand. Outrage may have not been as public, but it was there. If people aren't affected by it, then please learn. It's sad but my kids, especially my boys since they're older, have to be coached on how to act and what to say..even what to wear..when they leave the house.

Koko, I absolutely love that you're trying to do better. It's never too late for anyone to do better and get educated on how lives are affected not only on, but off social media and news stations. 
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
    ViennaKKH said:

You're welcome, anytime. 
    Where is the respect? I’ve thought we could share opinions here on the forum?
  • scarley1999scarley1999 Registered Users, Member 331 Posts

I was really excited for this theme as i thought i’d get to use this crown and handheld... but nevermind! I’m happy to be able to use some of my casual outfits that never leave the closet! 
  • Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    3 years isn’t a long time..  but it’s enough time for someone to educate themselves and grow as a person. Majority of us here are adults, and it’s never too late to learn and change your mindset. Although, if you try to educate someone but they dont want to listen and learn then by all means call them out on their behaviour
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

• KristaLenzKristaLenz Registered Users, Unconfirmed, Member 312 Posts
    masego990 said:
    ViennaKKH said:

You're welcome, anytime. 
    From what i gather she is trying to educate herself and become more understanding. I think instead of laughing at her you should encourage her to educate her on the topic and not belittle her for trying. 
    Good for her for trying to get educated, but to say that in 2017 people were less aware of racism is laughable. 

Again, 2017 was 3 years ago, not 3 decades ago, not 3 centuries ago. 
    Android player. 👾
  • Jasper1385Jasper1385 Registered Users, Member 169 Posts
    What if players were only allowed to use a certain amount of extra tix per SYS?
    That would really makes things much more fair, at least more so than now. 
    For me personally, I’m not really enjoying the game anymore because I feel like I’m no longer being challenged. I used to enjoy playing in my closet and getting outfits ready for the theme of SYS, just being thoughtful with my looks to compete against other players who are playing the same way. I know that I’m never going to win a top spot even if I score high because I know without a doubt that someone who dyes and reuses a ball gown with a large dyed off themed headpiece and big aura will buy the top spots. I understand the want to make money on these players who have money to blow through, but are there really that many people who pay or are they hacking free tix now too? 
    How fun could it really be to spend so much real money on items that you aren’t creative enough to win. 

Good companies take care of ALL of their costumers
  • naeustsnaeusts Registered Users, Member 402 Posts
    I'm in shock
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    What more can i say...
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
    masego990 said:
    ViennaKKH said:

You're welcome, anytime. 
    From what i gather she is trying to educate herself and become more understanding. I think instead of laughing at her you should encourage her to educate her on the topic and not belittle her for trying. 
    Good for her for trying to get educated, but to say that in 2017 people were less aware of racism is laughable. 

Again, 2017 was 3 years ago, not 3 decades ago, not 3 centuries ago. 
    Huh? I was talking about the hair part not about racism in general 🤔 I’ve thought this was about the hair in another thread and that it can be hurtful for others to wear it? Nvm maybe I understood things wrong?