🗳️☕SYS - 12/31/20 - Wonderland Tea Party🍰💐

Comments

• Mysteria19Mysteria19 Registered Users, Member 98 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Monica L said:
    Ever since the two SYS a week model I have pretty much given up trying to complete the events. It’s just too much to keep up with (didn’t try to make a KUWTK pun...). I used to be a daily player for YEARS!!!!

Needless to say, this weekend my score was 343 and I managed to score 8th in my super bronze group. The highest score was 548, so I guess no one made it to the final earnable in my group? I didn’t start the event late, I just didn’t have the motivation to put together outfits that scored 30-40 points (if that) so I missed about 5 tickets. 

I guess I’m just here to provide some feedback for Glu because it seems like they are trying to keep the game going, but for me the new formula is not encouraging me to interact with the game more. Instead I am losing interest, because it’s just too much effort to come up with 28 themed outfits a week to earn a pair of shoes, and as a result I’m not opening the app as often as I used to. Which for Glu means, their ads aren’t even reaching me and I have always been one to spend money on or through this game if it tickled my fancy.  

Just curious if any other “daily players” or longtime players are also losing their SYS mojo because two events a week is a buzz kill? 

I’ve been playing almost daily for about a year now, and yes the two SYS events a week has been way too time consuming. I noticed I don’t play as often, I don’t always complete the weekend events like I used to, and I hardly watch my daily videos for k-stars. And I barely win SYS prizes, so I usually just submit outfits until I get the earnable I want (if I’m even able to reach it). I’m sure the new system is working for some people, but it’s not really for me. 
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

GLU they’re fighting... What have you done, you’re causing war over a game!
    I’ve got to say watching them add look after look then watch the other add more and more too is amusing. The one with the most money will win.

On that note I’m off to my bed. Goodnight all! 💖

Still goinggg... 😂😂😂

what's the point of fighting over 1st when you win the same items? a few extra kstars or dyes?
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    clarizzo said:
    Ohemilie said:
    You’re allowed to spend your money how you want but people are also allowed to ask how much it takes to reach top prizes as it’s so unattainable for most of us. 
    Excessive ticket buying is why this sys is doing so well for glu and why they won’t change it. So many of us hate the new system and so when we see the people propping it up of course we want to ask how and why etc. It’s about transparency, something glu are terrible at.

When I see players post their top place top tier prizes I don’t think ‘well done’ anymore. I think ‘it’s because of you that we continue to have this horrible system’ I know that’s probably unfair but it’s how I feel. I’ve bought tickets before so I’m to blame as well but lately it feels like you have to be willing to spend a lot to guarantee a win which puts most players off. Those buying triple threat or 1 ticket to reach last earnable aren’t coming close to the players ending on 1000+ points every single time. Before it felt like all ticket buying was contributing to how unfair the system was but now it really seems like there are ticket buyers and then there are TICKET BUYERS who are submitting 10+ extra looks every time and it’s killing the game for a lot of people. 

Ticket buying is a legit tool offered by glu and it is what it is but don’t come for free players and make them feel like you’re doing them a favour by financing glu - free players watch videos and contribute through other ways so you’re not singlehandedly propping glu up; just keeping the current sys system what it is, 

I honestly think the only way the situation can be saved is by introducing a 14 ticket submission cap where only best 14 scores count. People would still buy tickets to up their scores but free players gave good chance too. This new system sucks so so much for so many players 
    what happened to blaming glu and not the players? 🤔
    I don’t feel like she’s necessarily “blaming” players in this. I mean we have had this update for a minute now and the truth of the matter is the excessive ticket buying is contributing a huge part in to why the game is no longer fun for a lot of people, and you can’t put that solely on Glu because they’re not the ones excessively buying the tickets. 
    I mean, she literally says, “it’s because of you that we continue to have this horrible system” ...I would definitely call that blaming the players lmao 

I used tickets this time for the hair so feel free to call me foolish or invalidate my opinion or whatever, but I would say that glu is the main issue here. If all players stopped buying tickets then ofc they would change it, but that clearly isn’t going to happen. And glu is choosing to put all their efforts into trendsetters instead of other areas of the game, and constantly trying to persuade players to buy tickets. There’s a reason tickets are the cheapest thing in the game... I used 12 extra tickets ($8.99) for the hair this weekend, which yes, I am admitting is excessive, but I spent less than I would on one fashion goals bundle ($9.99). It also costs less than 105 kstars or 24 diamonds from the shop. Thats on glu, not players. 

When you love the items, you have the money, and it’s a good deal, it makes sense to buy it. So I don’t think it’s fair to police how people spend their money when the bigger issue is clearly glu’s focus on quick money grabs over player satisfaction??? 
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • darthdarthdddarthdarthdd Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Monica L said:
    Ever since the two SYS a week model I have pretty much given up trying to complete the events. It’s just too much to keep up with (didn’t try to make a KUWTK pun...). I used to be a daily player for YEARS!!!!

Needless to say, this weekend my score was 343 and I managed to score 8th in my super bronze group. The highest score was 548, so I guess no one made it to the final earnable in my group? I didn’t start the event late, I just didn’t have the motivation to put together outfits that scored 30-40 points (if that) so I missed about 5 tickets. 

I guess I’m just here to provide some feedback for Glu because it seems like they are trying to keep the game going, but for me the new formula is not encouraging me to interact with the game more. Instead I am losing interest, because it’s just too much effort to come up with 28 themed outfits a week to earn a pair of shoes, and as a result I’m not opening the app as often as I used to. Which for Glu means, their ads aren’t even reaching me and I have always been one to spend money on or through this game if it tickled my fancy.  

Just curious if any other “daily players” or longtime players are also losing their SYS mojo because two events a week is a buzz kill? 

@Monica L Agree with this 100%. I do currently participate in all the events, but that's because I'm currently working from home due to the current state of the world. Once we're back in the office(which I really hope things improve soon to where we can be), there's no way participating in both events will be sustainable. I'm also a "free" player, so I feel like I'm fighting so hard right now for a chance at shoes?! Never thought I'd say this, but I think this girl has too many shoes. 

I do give Glu props for pushing out so many new items. But I actually wish the weekday SYS were still only the boxes as prizes. It would give new players a chance to catch up in items to all the longtime players who have the majority of items / give longtime players a break.
  • ashleydianemashleydianem Registered Users, Member 1,357 Posts
    @luvs2gruuv your looks are so fun!! I wish I was this creative!
  • thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    clarizzo said:
    Ohemilie said:
    You’re allowed to spend your money how you want but people are also allowed to ask how much it takes to reach top prizes as it’s so unattainable for most of us. 
    Excessive ticket buying is why this sys is doing so well for glu and why they won’t change it. So many of us hate the new system and so when we see the people propping it up of course we want to ask how and why etc. It’s about transparency, something glu are terrible at.

When I see players post their top place top tier prizes I don’t think ‘well done’ anymore. I think ‘it’s because of you that we continue to have this horrible system’ I know that’s probably unfair but it’s how I feel. I’ve bought tickets before so I’m to blame as well but lately it feels like you have to be willing to spend a lot to guarantee a win which puts most players off. Those buying triple threat or 1 ticket to reach last earnable aren’t coming close to the players ending on 1000+ points every single time. Before it felt like all ticket buying was contributing to how unfair the system was but now it really seems like there are ticket buyers and then there are TICKET BUYERS who are submitting 10+ extra looks every time and it’s killing the game for a lot of people. 

Ticket buying is a legit tool offered by glu and it is what it is but don’t come for free players and make them feel like you’re doing them a favour by financing glu - free players watch videos and contribute through other ways so you’re not singlehandedly propping glu up; just keeping the current sys system what it is, 

I honestly think the only way the situation can be saved is by introducing a 14 ticket submission cap where only best 14 scores count. People would still buy tickets to up their scores but free players gave good chance too. This new system sucks so so much for so many players 
    what happened to blaming glu and not the players? 🤔
    I don’t feel like she’s necessarily “blaming” players in this. I mean we have had this update for a minute now and the truth of the matter is the excessive ticket buying is contributing a huge part in to why the game is no longer fun for a lot of people, and you can’t put that solely on Glu because they’re not the ones excessively buying the tickets. 
    So I don’t think it’s fair to police how people spend their money when the bigger issue is clearly glu’s focus on quick money grabs over player satisfaction??? 

You made good points and I see where you're coming from, but Glu's focus will never shift until they take a financial hit. Moreover, they'll continue to twist things so players will have to spend more and more to catch up.

I myself bought a ticket to reach the last earnable the other day so it's not a call out or anything.
    It's just that Glu won't give a damn about customer satisfaction, because they already have customers' money, even with this new system. They made SYS unbearable yet they still rake in $$$. They won't listen because there's no real push for them to do so. 
    edited January 2021
    @thesweetone you’re right, but (and maybe I’m just optimistic) in the long run I think they will be taking a financial hit. Lots of people are quitting, lots of people who were spending stopped. Including loyal long term players who were big spenders. Excessive ticket buying is making up for that ~now~ but I don’t think it will long term. I’ve already noticed my groups are becoming less crazy than when the new system was first introduced, even in gold. Obviously they’re still making tons of money from it, but it won’t last if players aren’t happy. Happy players spend more money. 
  • luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,023 Posts
    @luvs2gruuv your looks are so fun!! I wish I was this creative!
    Awwwww! Thank you so much! I always love your looks! 🥰😘
    Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

• robertavyyrobertavyy Registered Users, Member 2,744 Posts
    I know I said I’m not gonna spend but I needed something to cheer me up and I was weak for that super cute hairstyle. 🙈 not proud of myself for doing that but I just love it 💕

iOS player 

Roxxxie said:
    We shouldn't be fighting over who's right and who's wrong. At the end of the day, both sides have a point. And both sides are right. @mikaylachimo is right, tickets and ticket bundles are the least expensive, and for an obvious money grabbing reason. I also see what @Ohemilie is trying to say. Being a free player is harder than ever now. 
    Just to make things super clear because I don’t want any beef, I very much agree with @Ohemilie on what she said about free players. Free players do still contribute revenue to the game and it’s very hard to be a free player right now because it just isn’t fun anymore. I understand that and I do not (!!) share the same ~it’s because of us that you can play for free~ attitude that she was responding to originally

I was only commenting on shifting blame to the players instead of being mad at glu for their decisions 
  • AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    Bad pick😕  
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• MarianiPoizenMarianiPoizen Registered Users, Member 2,273 Posts
    Well, didn’t make it to last earnable. Managed to wind up in 8th so tiering up 🤦‍♀️ Typically, my last three looks were my highest scoring.

I play on iOS
  • thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    @thesweetone you’re right, but (and maybe I’m just optimistic) in the long run I think they will be taking a financial hit. Lots of people are quitting, lots of people who were spending stopped. Including loyal long term players who were big spenders. Excessive ticket buying is making up for that ~now~ but I don’t think it will long term. I’ve already noticed my groups are becoming less crazy than when the new system was first introduced, even in gold. Obviously they’re still making tons of money from it, but it won’t last if players aren’t happy. Happy players spend more money. 

Yes agreed. I give it one year before Glu's money flow will start decreasing because of these changes 
  • RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    I leveled down and all I got is 6000 cash... I should be glad I'm not Gold, but I'd like to have a chance at items.
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
    Ummm did we forget glu doesn’t cap the votes and introduced the triple threat 😬 not to mention bots and them copying players looks to the voting booth as well as rigging the votes 🙃 but yeah glu isn’t totally pushing ppl toward buying 

Imagine if Glu capped it at 600 and everyone who reached that got the first place items...  Like just make the whales happy with the VIP membership and diamonds, it's not like they'll stop buying for an advantage. 
    Monica L said:

Dude I barely returned and I'm so sick of the constant SYS. I should be happy to have an event where we can actually use our clothes and have our sense of fashion matter in a competition, but it's not fair so it's not fun. 
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    Let all agree Glu can do better for their players and provide a more conducive and enjoyable gameplay with better distribution of prizes. 

Regardless if you are a free player or a ticket buyer, a game ultimately should be fun and an escape from daily grind. And this is really up to Glu to fix and improve the game for the better. 

IOS Player 
    brenhin said:
    don’t come for us cause we’re funding glu so you can get your free stuff

Um, that's not how mobile games work. Glu makes money off of every video watched, survey answered and offer fulfilled. Just every active player watching their 20 videos daily makes them enough money to keep the game going, there are so many sites that just do offers and give the users points they can trade for gift cards because what they're doing is so valuable.

Also Glu has like a shitload of games: 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glu_Mobile#Games
  • watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    i think this was my last look before the event ended, and it scored on a high note 

it’s definitely not tea party appropriate. i don’t think any of my looks were, but i was just having fun with all the colorful dresses i had.

i got a bad pick from my box though

UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socials https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkh 
  • KatiaKKHKatiaKKH Registered Users, Member 165 Posts
    I just want to share my looks, cuz everything else has already been said 🤷🏼‍♀️
     Btw the first look is my favorite

• OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    I’m sorry if my post felt like I was solely blaming the players. Of course glu are the main ones I’m mad at because they’ve implemented a system that is hideously unfair (even on a super basic level by having better prizes in higher tiers so lots of players can’t even attempt to win them) and draining. 

Tickets are cheap so I get why people buy them. For me it’s a gamble though. I can spend £10 on a fashion goal and I get the stars and items. I can spend £10 on stars and buy stuff from the kloset. I hate diamonds and everything to do with them but even there, I can purchase some and be able to buy something from the voting booth or take a chance on the kollections and win a floating scrunchie or basic pants. I could spend £10 on tickets and still end up 10th though which is why I hate the new system. 

Glu also seem to put the best items in TS so of course we all get fomo and desperately want them. The bow hair this weekend was amazing and I’m GUTTED I didn’t even stand a chance as i wasn’t even in gold let alone able to compete with super ticket buyers. 

There are absolutely ways to make it fairer 

- a submissions cap
    - only top 14 counting 
    - point tiers where 600+ = gold prizes, 500 = silver etc but everyone gets a shot at the top prizes rather than being tiered out before event even starts 
    - average scores 
    - ok this one is controversial but ...change what is purchasable - instead of buying tickets, have the top prize for £ and the rest earnable. I know this still prices free players out but means it’s not a gamble anymore as you can play for prizes 1-4 as everyone only has 14 tickets and then if you want, you can buy 5 and are guaranteed to get it rather than ticket buying and hoping. 

Any of these would be fairer and still make money. The fact that glu are still pushing diamond kollections and this sys system though tell you everything. They don’t care if people are happy as long as they are paying. 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • ashleymeddsashleymedds Registered Users, Member 796 Posts
    edited January 2021
    brenhin said:
    @ashleyl23@Amy136602 @uglyjackie
    the way we look cute pls 💅🏼

my queens 😍💘🥰💖
    ios doll since 2014, took a break & started again in October 2019 🤠💕
    ✨add me on fb: https://www.facebook.com/ashley.medds ✨
    ↪︎ send me a PM so I can add you back faster!

didnt get any TS items because I was in gold & didn’t love the prizes enough to try and use extra tickets butttt I did get this super cute top in my silver TS box😍 had fun making fantasy style looks even though ultimately it basically turned into a poofy gown + wing theme!
    edited January 2021
    I know i’m late to the conversation but I think it’s ridiculous anyone is trying to tell anyone else how to spend their money. I understand it’s really hard as a free player, trust me i really do, and even though I do spend money on the game it is not on a regular let alone weekly basis. but to get upset at people for “contributing to this new system” is really unfair. you all have to realize that there are god knows how many thousands of people who play this game and aren’t on the forum. we see hundreds of different excessive TBs in everyone’s groups each SYS. even if every single player on the forum stopped buying tickets there will still be hundreds if not thousands of TBs who are “to blame” for why the rank system is likely going to stay. do not come at fellow forum people who chose to spend their money on tickets to get TS prizes? it’s quite frankly rude in my opinion. it’s not anyone on the forum’s fault that this system is going to stay, if you want someone to blame you should point the finger at the greedy company who created it in the first place.
  • WhatIsRealityWhatIsReality Registered Users, Member 532 Posts
    No one:
    Literally no one:
    @jhabs: They caught me lolin’ cause I’m hatin’ 

Why do I even bother 😒
    It’s official I have SYS anxiety, does anyone else?
    PM me to add me on Facebook 
    #OnStrikeUntilEveryPlayerGets20Videos #EqualTreatmentOfAllPlayers #GreedyAppDevelopersLoseMoney
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited January 2021

Once again @luvs2gruuv you have the coolest and most diverse array of looks for the theme! I love your creative brain  🧠💕🧠
  • brenhinbrenhin Registered Users, Member 429 Posts
    edited January 2021

Romaki said:
    brenhin said:
    don’t come for us cause we’re funding glu so you can get your free stuff

Um, that's not how mobile games work. Glu makes money off of every video watched, survey answered and offer fulfilled. Just every active player watching their 20 videos daily makes them enough money to keep the game going, there are so many sites that just do offers and give the users points they can trade for gift cards because what they're doing is so valuable.

Also Glu has like a shitload of games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glu_Mobile#Games
    I’m completely aware that glu makes money off using ads for other games and through the offer system with tap joy- however you’re very delusional if you don’t think in game purchases don’t have a large input into funding the department of glu that works on kkh. They wouldn’t put purchasable things in the game if they didn’t make a lot of money from it.
    🏳️‍🌈daily IOS player🏳️‍🌈
    🌈discord/insta/forum🌈

• RoxxxieRoxxxie Registered Users, Member 403 Posts
    edited January 2021
    At the end of the day we should be working together instead of fighting over whose wrong. GLU is wrong. They're the ones we should and need to be mad at.

I've stopped playing as much as I did, stopped spending money and I'm barely on the form now because I've nearly lost complete interest. This is probably the first SYS I've gotten all the earnables in awhile. If it wasn't for the money I invested in the past thinking that it would help me in the future, I would have quit by now. It also doesn't help that community dolls I was close with either left or were banned.

We can't police others for spending money, and we can't police others for choosing not to spend money. Spending money or not spending money doesn't make people better or worse, however, depending on your personal viewpoints it can be hypocritical. Glu makes more than 100 Million a year. Regardless of everyone spending or not spending it wouldn't hurt them much or make much of a difference. It takes more than 50 people to make over 100 million a year. So at the end of the day, we all lose, Glu gets to go off in their little monopoly car making millions while doing the bare minimum, and we're at each others throats for things we can't control. Direct your anger and frustration at Glu. Not at each other.

Me:

Someone:

La pitre résistance!! 🤡
    Proudly Canadian. 🇨🇦
    University student studying law and criminology.👩🏾‍⚖
    Trilingual.🗣
    Facebook: Coming soon.
  • jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    @WhatIsReality @brenhin @thatgalbia I loled because this poor girl asked an innocent question and you guys immediately assumed she was attacking ticket buyers and policing how people spend their money😂😂 love the hypocrisy of this forum