🎆✨v11.7Update - New Year ~ New You! Welcome 2021!🎊🍸

Comments

• KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,867 Posts
    Am I the only one that didn’t get the new quests? I didn’t get the one from chad and crystal either 🙄
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
  • VictorianVictorian Registered Users, Member 1,110 Posts
    edited August 2023
    Edited: I agree, this is a role playing game covet was different. I was clowning myself LMAO sorry everyone 
    20 year old from Turkey & Android Player
    Striking untill they give everyone 20 videos a day
  • robertavyyrobertavyy Registered Users, Member 2,744 Posts
    I wish I had this storyline in holidays, but finally I got this doll 💕

iOS player 

• therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    Didnt know you needed to change dolls skin tone in order to style them that's news to me. 😶😬 I assumed it was just your skill on styling 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • SDC93SDC93 Registered Users, Member 1,167 Posts
    Victorian said:
    @uglyjackie ok so I am going to enlighten you about the past tea: I was a covet player before kkh and after drooping covet, corona happened and I started playing kkh. In covet, you are encouraged to change your doll's skin tone and ethnicity according to challenge. There have been so much drama in the past because of players in classic mode submitting white dolls during black themes like aretha Franklin impersonation etc. In classic mode you can change your skin all you want but covet's modern mode doesn't let you change your doll's ethnicity or body shape, you are assigned a specific doll out of god knows how much dolls and you have to work with it. I played covet in modern mode because I liked the diversity, same appearance all the time bores me but even if I played in classic mode, we would change skin tones and hair colors often. When I started kkh my years of playing covet habits kicked in and I never tried to limit my doll with one single ethnicity. She was white, sometimes asian, sometimes black. Char is trying to joke about that I guess but honestly, I don't have to justify my playing habits to a stranger online. I will continue to do what I always do. If you check the other thread, I explained this to booski before because she sounded geniunely curious.

Edited because it came off too agressive which is not my thing 💕
    As a former covet player myself, I agree!  I enjoyed being able to use different styles of hair that wouldn’t normally suit my white doll. Modern mode was a blessing because it made it a level playing field for all voting. I remember before modern mode black dolls would be rare in the Top Scores even by level. I wish it was acceptable to change my dolls skintone in SYS, because some items/hair/dyed items look better on different skin tones. I’ve read the debates in threads and I’m not sure I understand why it isn’t considered okay. I’ve always had a diverse friend group growing up in LA and can’t imagine any of them saying it would be a bad thing to do. I don’t want to offend so I just keep my doll white or lightly tanned for summer-y themes. Maybe one day SYS will do a Modern Mode and lock skin color but idk. 
  • sandraliissandraliis Registered Users, Member 409 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Didnt know you needed to change dolls skin tone in order to style them that's news to me. 😶😬 I assumed it was just your skill on styling 🤷🏽‍♀️
    @therealChar I guess you didn’t even read what she was saying but she pointed out that she was playing modern mode where she was assigned a random doll, if it happened to be black there wasn’t a way for her to change it, she just styled the doll she was given. Essentially isn’t it the same thing as a designer designing an outfit that she envisions a black girl to model on runway so she sketches it out on a black girl. It’s not like anyone is making themselves black it’s just creating a look/drawing. Maybe white animators should also be forbidden to create black characters?
     iOS 🇪🇪
    20 VIDEOS FOR EVERYBODY
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    @therealChar I guess you didn’t even read what she was saying but she pointed out that she was playing modern mode where she was assigned a random doll, if it happened to be black there wasn’t a way for her to change it, she just styled the doll she was given. Essentially isn’t it the same thing as a designer designing an outfit that she envisions a black girl to model on runway so she sketches it out on a black girl. It’s not like anyone is making themselves black it’s just creating a look/drawing. Maybe white animators should also be forbidden to create black characters?
    They're not saying that white creators are forbidden from creating black characters just that they've never heard of that 'method'
  • chocolatedrop98chocolatedrop98 Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    Victorian said:
    clarizzo said:
    Victorian said:
    Ohemilie said:
    I’m a petty b*tch but I won’t vote for diamond items in the voting booth. if they don’t score well hopefully no one will buy them and glu will stop making everything cost diamonds 
    I am going to include diamond kollections on that list. Like, it's your money, buy them and hype them all you want but at this point I am just going to deliberately downvote every single diamond kloset and kollection items, even though I have 3 diamond kollection items in my closet. If it's going to worth it in the long run i don't see anything wrong with punishing players instead of glu 🤷‍♀️
    please, this is so bitter. like therealChar said, it's clear glu isn't letting up with the diamond items and you don't know if a doll spent their hard-earned diamonds on a kollection or not. ~punishing dolls does nothing. if someone thinks an item is cute enough to spend their currency on, they're gonna do it, regardless if one or two people don't vote for them in the voting booth because they had the audacity to buy diamond items lol 
    Ok, so? Not my problem anymore, I said what I said 🤷‍♀️ I am not going to act fair, I will %100 act petty 
    Same way I wont vote for dolls who use the opportunity to make their dolls black for certain sys. I look forward to down voting some of them for the disco one. :)
    Please don’t do this lol, I actually enjoy seeing more black dolls in the VB, but also seeing them be the popular pick cause it’s not something I see a lot. 
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    edited January 2021

I guess u didn’t  read where she stated she made her doll Asian black or white in sys 😬 but of course it’s just me reaching 🙃 
  • Chelsea123Chelsea123 Registered Users 1,802 Posts

Love the new skin tones!! Now my doll has a normal tan!
    platform: Android
    Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.kkh.10
    Follow me on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/chelsea123kkh/
    M2013💖 C2015💙 C2020💙
    #capontrendsetters
  • VictorianVictorian Registered Users, Member 1,110 Posts
    edited August 2023
    20 year old from Turkey & Android Player
    Striking untill they give everyone 20 videos a day
  • ashleymeddsashleymedds Registered Users, Member 796 Posts
    brunakkh said:
    For everyone saying that we should have diamond offers: this could really work for some of you but not everyone, I’ve played this game for 4 years now and I’ve only had one good offer for 15 kstars, the rest of them are surveys for 1 kstar that you are probably not getting cause you dont fit the profile they are looking for. That being said, if we get diamond offers a lot of players will still have no extra way of getting them
    I said this moreso as a joke to the fact glu won’t implement ways to earn diamonds. i’m sure if it happened it would be a $20 minimum for like 50 diamonds which still wouldn’t be good or a viable way to earn diamonds to keep up with all the diamond items.
    ios doll since 2014, took a break & started again in October 2019 🤠💕
    ✨add me on fb: https://www.facebook.com/ashley.medds ✨
    ↪︎ send me a PM so I can add you back faster!
  • Emma_KKH_xoEmma_KKH_xo Registered Users, Member 70 Posts
    ok so I finished the chad/crystal storyline and the holiday hunt and am not getting any calls for anything else. am I still behind or have I caught up now?? will the players one month behind on storylines not get anything until the February update?
  • mschocalatedropmschocalatedrop Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Victorian said:
    @uglyjackie ok so I am going to enlighten you about the past tea: I was a covet player before kkh and after drooping covet, corona happened and I started playing kkh. In covet, you are encouraged to change your doll's skin tone and ethnicity according to challenge. There have been so much drama in the past because of players in classic mode submitting white dolls during black themes like aretha Franklin impersonation etc. In classic mode you can change your skin all you want but covet's modern mode doesn't let you change your doll's ethnicity or body shape, you are assigned a specific doll out of god knows how much dolls and you have to work with it. I played covet in modern mode because I liked the diversity, same appearance all the time bores me but even if I played in classic mode, we would change skin tones and hair colors often. When I started kkh my years of playing covet habits kicked in and I never tried to limit my doll with one single ethnicity. She was white, sometimes asian, sometimes black. Char is trying to joke about that I guess but honestly, I don't have to justify my playing habits to a stranger online. I will continue to do what I always do. If you check the other thread, I explained this to booski before because she sounded geniunely curious.

if you’re racist jus say that love we won’t judge you 🥺
  • thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Victorian said:

Pls idk why you said enlighten you like she’s dumb but take this weirdo energy somewhere else. Weren’t you leaving KKH after you accidentally deleted your game. Pls go “accidentally” buy diamonds or change your skin tone on covet luv 👩🏽‍🦲
  • naeustsnaeusts Registered Users, Member 402 Posts
    edited January 2021
    I'm just gonna say that this is a genuine question and not a shade or something like this: we know and talked about it the other day, that certain types of hairstyles, used on white people, are cultural appropriation and I support that. In this case, if I find it very beautiful and I want to use it, is it wrong for me to change my doll's skin tone to black and finally be able to use it on her?
  • mschocalatedropmschocalatedrop Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    naeusts said:
    I'm just gonna say that this is a genuine question and not a shade or something like this: we know and talked about it the other day, that certain types of hairstyles, used on white people, are cultural appropriation and I support that. In this case, if I find it very beautiful and I want to use it, is it wrong for me to change my doll's skin tone to black and finally be able to use it on her?
    yu had the right idea babes ✋🏾 jus because yu think that if yu make your doll black it’s finally ok to us the hairstyles it’s not 🛌 it is offensive. POC finally have representation in the game and now all the white dolls want to change their dolls to black. all due respect it’s not for you and never will be for you. 
  • naeustsnaeusts Registered Users, Member 402 Posts
    naeusts said:
    yu had the right idea babes ✋🏾 jus because yu think that if yu make your doll black it’s finally ok to us the hairstyles it’s not 🛌 it is offensive. POC finally have representation in the game and now all the white dolls want to change their dolls to black. all due respect it’s not for you and never will be for you. 
    Like I said, it was a real question and I really want to learn more about this. I myself never did it out of respect, in the game or real life even tho I love it, but never heard for someone what they really felt about it
  • munimunimunimuni Registered Users, Member 133 Posts
    naeusts said: 
    I'm just gonna say that this is a genuine question and not a shade or something like this: we know and talked about it the other day, that certain types of hairstyles, used on white people, are cultural appropriation and I support that. In this case, if I find it very beautiful and I want to use it, is it wrong for me to change my doll's skin tone to black and finally be able to use it on her? Because I think this is kinda the point for some people to want to change their dolls and be able to style them in a way that they think is most pretty.
    I’m curious too! I grew up playing with barbies and bratz of different races, and I see my doll as something similar to a Barbie and/or Bratz. My doll doesn’t even have a proper name nor does she look like me (currently using blonde hair and blue eyes) I’m pale asf in real life and mestiza (Filipino & Spanish). I haven’t really change her skin tone much (aside from being the pales tan in tropical themes) since Idk if it’ll be okay since other dolls voiced that it’s not okay. I honestly play this game for styling, since I like giving friends makeovers and stuff. I also really want to branch out to trying out styling different races (not to fit a certain theme) but to play around with features and hair for diversity.