New ipad air and game is unplayable

striverstriver Registered Users 50 Posts
Hi -- I just got a brand new ipad air. Opened up the game and it is seriously messed up -- the screen is white, and there are just tiny icons in the corner. Can't use it at all. The loading screen only covered about 40% of the screen. What is going on?

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I would try reinstalling it on the new device. Do you still have it on your old device? But delete it from the new device and reinstall it try that. If that doesn’t work then you can send a ticket to support.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • striverstriver Registered Users 50 Posts
    Yeah, that didn't seem to work. Now I am getting a totally black screen with some jumbled letters! I will send in a ticket I guess.  :s
    Support was completely unhelpful. They said the problem was that my device was too old, my wi-fi was too weak, or I didn't have enough free space. My device is a fresh-out-of the box 4th gen ipad air, the game works on other devices on the same wi-fi, and I have 48 gigs of free space,  so that advice was...wrong. I think the issue is with the 4th gen ipad air -- the game seems not to be compatible. 

I think this is something that support is not going to be able to fix and needs to be brought to the attention of the developers.
    Welp, if anyone else ever has this problem and comes looking for answers, after some pushing, support said this is a known issue for iPad air 4th gen and they are "working on it". Who knows when it will get fixed; these iPads have been out for months now.
  • bexgombexgom Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    i had this same problem when i got my new ipad air! i just assumed the game wasn’t ipad compatible and didn’t try after that...maybe they’ll put the effort in someday? but glad to know i’m not the only one /:
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I will see if I can get some help. I’m sorry you’re having this problem.  I agree a new Apple device out of the box should be able to play. I’m sorry this is happening.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary