🎆✨v11.7Update - New Year ~ New You! Welcome 2021!🎊🍸

Comments

• mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Glu can see how we spend our diamonds & that's all they care about. Even if they are diamonds earned from SYS & not bought, they can see what those diamonds are used on. Enough people must be spinning diamond kollections for Glu to keep making them.
    Genuine question... (not @ Dolores, only quoting bc she explained it well!!) do we think this is the case? 

I’ve always assumed that glu literally doesn't care what we use diamonds on, and they’re just looking to see if releasing tons of these diamond kollections and diamond closet items increases purchases of diamond packs/makes them more money or not. I personally never thought glu looks at what we spin or not, or if lots of dolls wear specific items, and straight up only looks at how much money they are making from purchases. In a “every time we release a new diamond kollection, we make x amount more in diamond sales” way. So in this case, using earned diamonds on whatever you want would be totally fine... idk
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @mikaylachimo I would assume they can see metrics on every single item, including how many games own each item. They even know how many gift boxes you opened on a weekend event.
    iOS
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    @AliBryant okay good point. I guess I figured they ~can~ see it, but only really care about the $$$ 
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @mikaylachimo yeah I am guessing they assess on both a micro (was this item popular) and macro (does having more items available for diamonds increase revenue) level.
    iOS
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    Am I the only one that didn’t get the new quests? I didn’t get the one from chad and crystal either 🙄
    Nope, I haven't got anything at all either on my main game. I got the new ones last month and the ones for this update on my side game, but literally nothing on my other. It's frustrating!
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
  • brunakkhbrunakkh Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    @mikaylachimo I think they can see every little detail, like how many spins people are taking, at what item people usually stop spinning etc. Usually these technology companies try to get as many data of their users as they can.
    IOS player
    🌸 be nice to each other 🌸
  • johnn92johnn92 Registered Users, Member 83 Posts
    Again with this conversation 
    johnn92 said:
    Yes again! Simply bc racism and lack of knowledge about what's right and wrong is important. If it bothers you then don't read it.🤷🏻‍♀️
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
  • Ashley_veerAshley_veer Registered Users, Member 539 Posts
    @ashleydianem you look so beautiful.which quest will give this mini doll??
  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,533 Posts
    Finally got the doll! 
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    johnn92 said:

To be honest, yeah it’s gonna keep happening until everyone learns that changing your skin tone from white to black for certain themes or wearing a POC hairstyle on a white doll isn’t ok at all, and many issues like that. 
    I know that I made some stupid comment a few weeks ago that sounded insensitive but I’ve learned from my mistake by hearing dolls voices and now I understand that it’s offensive and racist. But when you think of it, there are a lot of dolls that don’t know what they are doing and saying is wrong, so conversations like this will keep happening until everyone learns to treat and respect POC better.
    I'm late to the convo, as normal lol. But I wanted to give my input on everything.

I don't understand why someone would change their dolls skin color to score better. You can't change your skin irl, so why on a game? I know it's just a game, but it says a lot about someone irl. I'm curious to how someone can think, "hmm.. let's make my doll black for this sys" and "well, I'm tired of being a black doll, let's go back"?! That doesn't work irl and shouldn't be an option on this or any other game.

I'm white and I'll go head and tell y'all this— you don't have the right to make your doll black. It's just not okay. If a certain feature (example: a hairstyle) isn't for your doll's race, then don't use it. I literally just had a similar convo with my 11 year old yesterday. She wanted me to take her braids out all because another little white girl made some comment about them being "too black". She went through this a few months ago when her hair was in Bantu Knots. She has beautiful 4c hair and loves when I braid it, style it, and loves it natural. The girl said it wasn't right because her (little girl) hair couldn't be braided like that since her hair was thin and straight. Like I told Jeyliona from the day she was born... black is beautiful! Whether it's her skin tone, her curls, or her features.. it's all beautiful. I also told her that white people shouldn't wear hair that isn't intended for them. They don't have the right. She knew this and she's eleven! How young and older adults can't understand that is beyond me.

Do y'all know why braids, natural hairstyles, etc are so important? Do you know the history? More than likely you don't, or you wouldn't wear it. It works for real life and the game. If you don't know, please look it up and get educated. It's more important than you think. It's not just a style. And a tip, If you have to ask if something is offensive, then it prob is and you probably shouldn't do it. 

Idk that's how Covet was played until it was explained and honestly, that's just crazy! It's great to celebrate black history (and should be done every month, not just in February) but there's a way to do that and not change your dolls skin color. 

If you want to adapt the hairstyles, then also adapt the racist looks and words. Adapt the hate from random people and cops. Adapt the fear when you get pulled over. I don't get harassed bc of my skin, but I do get harassed bc my husband is a dark skinned king and my kids are both races.  You can't pick and choose from black culture!! Just simply don't change your doll's hair to one that's not meant for you and don't change your doll's skin out of respect and bc it's wrong.

I'm probably all over the place with my post, but I'm bipolar so my mind tends to go from one point to another and constantly goes non-stop. I'm sorry I do that, but my brain is broken. I'm hoping I explained this the right way and didn't sound like a blabbing idiot.😕

🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
  • haylee7haylee7 Registered Users, Member 483 Posts
    Oh my god you guys I’m so out of this game I literally just remembered the update and did it 😂 time to read through like 15 pages and see what happened this time lmaoooo
  • ashleydianemashleydianem Registered Users, Member 1,357 Posts
    @ashleydianem you look so beautiful.which quest will give this mini doll??
    @Ashley_veer thank you! 🥺 It’s called “holiday hunt”. You should get it after you finish the new storyline with Chad and Crystal. 
  • johnn92johnn92 Registered Users, Member 83 Posts
    What would happen if I change my male doll to black are we going to have a discussion like the the girls?
  • charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts
    Mariaakkh said:
    @charlottegold What’s funny about my post? 🤨🤔
    Your condescending and OTT reaction to someone saying they don’t want to vote for diamond items 
    johnn92 said:
    What would happen if I change my male doll to black are we going to have a discussion like the the girls?
    It’s the same thing, it’s rude! Why ask that when you saw the whole conversation?
  • haylow71haylow71 Registered Users, Member 248 Posts
    johnn92 said:
    If you wanted clout just say that..
    naeusts said:
    This is my family, me, my mom and my sister. We're not black but we're not white either. I used to dye my hair in ginger becouse I loved (that's why I use the ginger doll) but at the moment I'm half and half, me and my mom are doing hair transitions, our natural hair is identical to my sister's hair with amazing curls. When I was groing up, I hated my curls, my nickname was "pretani" (is a mix with preta -black in portuguese- and Natani -my name- and when I was old enough I was able to straighten my hair. Again, I don't consider myself as a black person and I'm sure that what I've been through most be nothing, but it happend. There's a huge change happening with me right now. Everything that I said was nothing in the tone of shade or other things. What I should'nt have done was to get in the middle of a conversation that wasn't even mine, I dont know the girl that changes the color of her doll and I dont know if she does that becouse of the hairstyles. What I know is that I respect people and I don't wanna fight. 

Edit: forgot to add the pic.

You 3 are very beautiful! 
    I had to say that