🗳️💃 SYS - 1/07/21 - Disco Fever!🍹💃

Comments

• TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts

Putting on my chacha heels. This dress is gorgeous especially with the sparkle animation. 
    IOS Player 
  • aallyyssaaaallyyssaa Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    This is my first time commenting here cuz this is getting crazy. This SYS system is impossible.. I have the totally BEST scores I ever had, and I’m still in the 10th place!! ;( not fair. 

• samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    edited January 2021
    the white doll wearing the afro hair could be a black player irl. the white doll wearing the afro hair could be a 10 year old japanese girl with no experience or knowledge on cultural appropriation. the white doll wearing the afro hair could be a white player who grew up playing with black barbies. the black doll wearing the afro hair could be a 12 year old mexican girl who admires black culture. the black doll wearing the afro hair could be a white player who also admires and loves black culture. the black doll wearing the afro hair could be a black woman who finally had the courage to use her black doll in sys.

yes i’m 100% positive there are dolls who are using the afro hair and maybe changed their dolls skin tone just to “match” the theme and maybe score higher. (which is not right and highly offensive) but at the end of the day, we don’t know who is behind the dolls we see in the voting booth and to downvote and get angry and offended just doesnt make sense and sounds extremely tiring. you cant generalize and assume. you cant expect literally everyone to comply with (y)our beliefs and/or what you think is right. thats just exhausting and unrealistic. not everyone reads the forum every chance they get and since majority of black dolls have stated and agreed to being exhausted from trying to educate everyone (which i don’t blame you) then pick and choose your battles at this point because google exists for those with questions and you literally have zero control over how someone plays their game and you have zero knowledge of what ethnicity someone is vs what their doll looks like. like a few dolls have said on here it is normal to be a non poc who grew up playing with a black barbie. and those people and people who admire black culture and black contributions should be able to use a black doll and black features if they want to right or not right? does your doll have to look just like you for you to be playing the game in an acceptable manner or can you create your own character because it’s a game? i think black is beautiful and i believe i can create bomb af looks using a black doll but i’m not allowed to because i’m mexican and my hair is straight? i’m not looking for answers to my questions because i don’t need them. i’m contributing a different perspective and whether you understand or not is fine i just hope we can all be a little bit more compassionate and understanding to both parties (poc and non poc) especially because we have no idea who is on the other side of the screen and where they come from. 
  • samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    anyways i came here to post my doll in her new dress. i love it. 

• BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts
    Deserved better. 

We are in the same group finally 🥰 loved all your looks! Gold is tooough but the prizes are well worth it. 
    Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
  • karina_kkhkarina_kkh Registered Users, Member 91 Posts
    i’m not looking for answers to my questions because i don’t need them. i’m contributing a different perspective

just because it's a different perspective doesn't mean it's not wrong. just bc it's a game it doesn't mean it's not real. same issues happened in animal crossing twitter, it's literally called digital black face. you can appreciate a culture and a race without trying to disguise yourself as part being part of it. you say you're mexican so I'm asking because i also am mexican but do you live in mexico or elsewhere? i'm just genuinely curious bc for being so tone deaf and uneducated on the matter it wouldn't surprise me if you've never left the country. and obviously no one expects EVERYBODY to comply to "our beliefs" but it'd be nice if being racist wasn't the norm. 
    。・*. android. level 41  .*・。 
  • Gigi_Gigi_ Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    Is the issue of being put in groups where dolls already have votes when you start late going to be addressed? I submitted my first look just over two hours ago and out of the 12 in my group 6 already had scores; with the amount of time left this SYS I would’ve joined with just enough time to submit 9 looks (last ticket comes 3 mins before it ends) however there’s still dolls being added to my TS currently there’s 21 and anyone who got added after me will only get 8 tickets how is this fair? 
  • elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    my first 7 looks!

iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
  • thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    It's nicely done! And also can be used for beach themes which is another bonus ☺️

• robertavyyrobertavyy Registered Users, Member 2,744 Posts
    Earnable dress is cute ☺️
     with @AmyMimi and @TrashleyKKH

iOS player 

• NicDollNicDoll Registered Users, Member 59 Posts
    Oh my, what a morning: a score over 50 and 1st place in a chill group 🥳

• ChqrlotteChqrlotte Registered Users 832 Posts

Saturday night fever 😍♥️
    @therealChar woah your doll looks amazing🤩
     ios player  ◡̈  free player
    🇳🇴
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    @robertavyy the dress is so cute 💕 we all look lovely ! 😊 tysm for including me 
    iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
  • RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    More looks, I feel like I need more dye to attract votes or something.

Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
  • violettaelliotviolettaelliot Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    So hard to get passed 50 scores, eventhough i try to copy some pretty inspiration from this forum 😭
    Luckily i'm currently 2nd on silver III, but not for long because there are 3 TBs in my group. At least i will get the disco ball purse and the boots, that's all i need

• TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    @robertavyy and @AmyMimi A wise woman once said “ that is hot. 🔥” -Paris Hilton. Omg need to dye the dress in sunset orange once I got enough of it. 

Also @therealChar is rocking that dress like Beyoncé at Coachella. 
    IOS Player 
  • buffysummers0990buffysummers0990 Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    @Boocketa Yayyyy!!!! I see you lol! Yea Gold can definitely be rough. I’ve been bouncing between Gold & Silver 3 for weeks now and I haven’t gotten a major TS prize in *forever*. I really love the prizes this time around too so I’m hoping we both have better luck🥺💜