šŸ—³ļøšŸ’ƒ SYS - 1/07/21 - Disco Fever!šŸ¹šŸ’ƒ

Comments

• coconutfudgecoconutfudge Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    livyx said:

Looks 1-8, I donā€™t post on here anymore because I really donā€™t like the new SYS system and it really took all of the fun I had with this game, but surprisingly my scores are really good this SYS so I thought I would share if some of you need inspiration! I would have chosen really curly hair if it was only for me, but I know the voters tend to like the same hairstyles over and over again even if it doesnā€™t suit the theme, so I used my regular ones
    love these looks!
  • eviewashereeviewashere Registered Users, Member 250 Posts

my looks are picking up but i donā€™t think they are my best or that on theme, but i really want the earnables /:Ā 
    also say if there *was* an algorithm, would it give us points for things like colour combos or item combos?Ā 
    bc that would explain why these specific looks are getting consistently high scores, or it could just be that voters like these looks lol. i donā€™t really think thereā€™s an algorithm but at the same time ???Ā 
    iā€™m probably just being a bit crazy right now šŸ˜«
  • samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts

Everytime I think you canā€™t get much worst you do. Good thing that you donā€™t get a say in how black people should feel and none of those make shift reasons are even remotely close to whatā€™s happening and happens in certain sys but again you donā€™t know nada about the struggles we face anyways so u had to insert yourself yet again in something that has zero to do With you.
    why do you always have to be insulting? are you that angry? what is the reason for the first sentence in your post? youā€™re snarky and rude to literally everyone who has a different opinion than you and you are faaaaar from perfect lol. but ANYWAYS iā€™m not telling anyone how to feel? not sure where you got that from my post? in my opinion my examples are valid. you donā€™t know who is behind the doll you see on your game lol and you wanna be angry at everyone. i didnā€™t know your doll has to look exactly like you to play. no one needs permission or a blessing from you or anyone to play their game how they want and at the end of the day you have zero control. someone elseā€™s game is none of your business and thatā€™s just facts. you can try and educate people but since there are pages of explanations and google.. not to mention you complain how exhausting it is..? black isnt the only race who faces racism. asians, hispanics, middle eastern races to name a few. and if i remember correctly you made a racist remark towards asians and literally made the worst apology ever lol. did you get shit on for it? no you didnā€™t. so what is that?
    syria is facing genocide within their own country and id bet my last coin you didnt know this. im mexican and syrian IF YOU MUST KNOW. and iā€™ve experienced people calling me a bomber and to go back to syria. oh youā€™re from syria you must smell etc. i never told anyone my race growing up because i was scared and embarrassed to. i dont play with a black doll but it really is none of your or anyoneā€™s business how someone wants to play their game. if itā€™s so insulting and so offensive that a french girl is playing with a black barbie then iā€™m truly sorry for you. like i said there are countries and people TODAY facing genocide from their own leader. MY country. but i must not at all costs play with a black doll in my kim kardashian game. oh and pls let me know if i should or shouldnā€™t buy my daughter a black barbie. thx xoxo!Ā 
  • JessiePJessieP Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I donā€™t know why but lately since there have been two SYS per week, I do really bad on one of the events. I have always been top 5 but for some reason the SYS that start on Thursday I always rank between 18-24. I literally can use an outfit that someone who is ranked top 5 and I still only get 38 votes. What is happening?
  • Stefani_HStefani_H Registered Users, Member 871 Posts
    edited January 2021
    asalaxo said:
    ehh so besides the fact that the game sucks now even the forum kinda sucks too because itā€™s filled with ignorant people who donā€™t understand what culture appropriating mean and donā€™t wanna listen. but I also kinda wish that a lot of people had the same energy when it comes to other races! someone here is only vocal when its her race and kinda racist towards other races and she gets away with it šŸ˜’šŸ˜’šŸ˜’
    racism is wrong towards any and all races!!
    Who are you talking about ? Because I do agree that racism is wrong towards anyone, but nobody has ever made so many hurtful comments about any other "races". It's mainly against black people.
    šŸŒø iOS daily player since December 2018 | English isn't my first languageĀ šŸŒø

• ShayShigilShayShigil Registered Users, Member 337 Posts
    @samanthakkh horrible atrocities happening in other parts of the world deserve attention but do not invalidate social issues in other countries.Ā 
  • karina_kkhkarina_kkh Registered Users, Member 91 Posts
    ok y'all can have beef with whoever you want idc but please for the love of god understand that hispanic is not a race just like mexican is not a race either. and the racism you speak about towards asians, mexicans, arabs is not racism but xenophobia. also this isn't a competition about who is most oppressed. the world is awful enough as it is to turn it into the martyrs olympics. if someone is calling you out on something take it, learn from it and if it's possible at all become a better person, but turning it into *other people have it worse* is not it. that's just deflecting from the issue you're being confronted with. a little introspective has never hurt anyone so maybe give it a shot before typing up some nonsense. good day.Ā 
    ļ½”ļ½„*. android. level 41Ā  .*ļ½„ļ½”Ā 
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts

Everytime I think you canā€™t get much worst you do. Good thing that you donā€™t get a say in how black people should feel and none of those make shift reasons are even remotely close to whatā€™s happening and happens in certain sys but again you donā€™t know nada about the struggles we face anyways so u had to insert yourself yet again in something that has zero to do With you.
    why do you always have to be insulting? are you that angry? what is the reason for the first sentence in your post? youā€™re snarky and rude to literally everyone who has a different opinion than you and you are faaaaar from perfect lol. but ANYWAYS iā€™m not telling anyone how to feel? not sure where you got that from my post? in my opinion my examples are valid. you donā€™t know who is behind the doll you see on your game lol and you wanna be angry at everyone. i didnā€™t know your doll has to look exactly like you to play. no one needs permission or a blessing from you or anyone to play their game how they want and at the end of the day you have zero control. someone elseā€™s game is none of your business and thatā€™s just facts. you can try and educate people but since there are pages of explanations and google.. not to mention you complain how exhausting it is..? black isnt the only race who faces racism. asians, hispanics, middle eastern races to name a few. and if i remember correctly you made a racist remark towards asians and literally made the worst apology ever lol. did you get shit on for it? no you didnā€™t. so what is that?
    syria is facing genocide within their own country and id bet my last coin you didnt know this. im mexican and syrian IF YOU MUST KNOW. and iā€™ve experienced people calling me a bomber and to go back to syria. oh youā€™re from syria you must smell etc. i never told anyone my race growing up because i was scared and embarrassed to. i dont play with a black doll but it really is none of your or anyoneā€™s business how someone wants to play their game. if itā€™s so insulting and so offensive that a french girl is playing with a black barbie then iā€™m truly sorry for you. like i said there are countries and people TODAY facing genocide from their own leader. MY country. but i must not at all costs play with a black doll in my kim kardashian game. oh and pls let me know if i should or shouldnā€™t buy my daughter a black barbie. thx xoxo!Ā 
    Iā€™m just ur typical angry black girl šŸ™ƒ and what I said was inappropriate and I apologize and didnā€™t make excuses and owned up to it but some of yā€™all just canā€™t stand that black people have the nerve to talk about our oppression so u always try to silence us by saying oh other races suffer šŸ™ƒ yall fail to forget the most mistreated are blacks and no Iā€™m not gonna stop talking about it cause it makes you and your little friends uncomfortable. And also I really donā€™t care if you liked my apology or not šŸ‘ yā€™all on this forum canā€™t admit the actual hate you have for blacks.
  • UnwinterUnwinter Registered Users, Member 597 Posts
    @samanthakkh for someone who experienced first-hand racism, you're doing a poor job of understanding others.

Ā If a black person is telling you something is racist, you don't get to say it isn't. JUST like you saying you got racist comments: no one has the right to tell you that that was not racist.Ā 

I didn't know about what @therealChar has said, but again, when you're calling out racism, make sure you, yourself are not racist
    Android Player, A++
    Unwinter KKH on Facebook
    edited January 2021
    @ShayShigil of course not but the fact that the main person defending her race was making racist remarks towards other races herself and the outrage then wasnt nearly what it is right now is so insanely hypocritical and sad. thatā€™s why i brought up other races. not to invalidate anything. but because itā€™s important to remember that not just blacks face racism and just because youā€™re black doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t be racistĀ 
    @therealChar@Unwinter so i donā€™t understand cultural appropriation and i hate blacks now because i said another persons game isnt your business? i dont use black hairstyles (i never have) and i dont play with a black doll (i never have) because i know its offensive. my point is that people dont need permission and are going to play how they want and its up to you to choose your battles. because again, at the end of the day you dont even know whoā€™s behind the screen and you have zero power. to each their own though im #loggingout
  • kkhsamkkhsam Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    Looks 5-8 āœØ

• ali015ali015 Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    livyx said:

Looks 1-8, I donā€™t post on here anymore because I really donā€™t like the new SYS system and it really took all of the fun I had with this game, but surprisingly my scores are really good this SYS so I thought I would share if some of you need inspiration! I would have chosen really curly hair if it was only for me, but I know the voters tend to like the same hairstyles over and over again even if it doesnā€™t suit the theme, so I used my regular ones
    These looks are amazing! Iā€™m wondering how your scores were after your 60? I was doing super well too and then my scores just started tanking. I know other players have had this problem, so Iā€™m curious if it happened to you tooĀ 
    asalaxo said:
    Stefani_H said:
    asalaxo said:
    ehh so besides the fact that the game sucks now even the forum kinda sucks too because itā€™s filled with ignorant people who donā€™t understand what culture appropriating mean and donā€™t wanna listen. but I also kinda wish that a lot of people had the same energy when it comes to other races! someone here is only vocal when its her race and kinda racist towards other races and she gets away with it šŸ˜’šŸ˜’šŸ˜’
    racism is wrong towards any and all races!!
    Who are you talking about ? Because I do agree that racism is wrong towards anyone, but nobody has ever made so many hurtful comments about any other "races". It's mainly against black people.

@Stefani_H Iā€™m talking about this. earlier in the thread she said ā€œNot everything's for you and that's okā€ and I agree with that statement, but I kinda wish she had the same energy when it comes to other races too. look at what she said when she got the Asian eyes from a few weeks ago from gb and WE ALL KNOW Asians get made fun of because of their eye shape. and she also said a Chinese traditional outfit wasnā€™t ā€œvery traditionalā€Ā šŸ˜’Ā yet she is rude to people who are genuinely asking questions because they donā€™t wanna offend anyone, she couldā€™ve googled these things if she keeps saying google is freeĀ šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

one of my very good friends is Japanese and one time I posted a snap with her and someone made fun of her eyes! it breaks my heart and I donā€™t wanna see such things on the forum too especially from someone who is so vocal about racism so youā€™d think theyā€™d know not to say insensitive things. and donā€™t get me wrong, I am mixed (black and white) and I hate to see white dolls using POC hairstyle and etc, but hypocrisy and racism arenā€™t cool.Gerry

Again already been addressed. And admit I was wrong. It was not an appropriate thing to say about Asian people features and I am sorry to the ones Iā€™ve hurt thereā€™s no excuse for it and I have learned. That does not make however what Iā€™ve said invalid.Ā 
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    Racism towards anyone isn't acceptable and if you're making excuses for others when they're doing it or implying that it's unnecessary to be angry about it then idk what that says about you. Owning up to your discrimination w/o making excuses for it is the most respectful thing you could do.
  • asalaxoasalaxo Registered Users, Member 876 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    Racism towards anyone isn't acceptable and if you're making excuses for others when they're doing it or implying that it's unnecessary to be angry about it then idk what that says about you. Owning up to your discrimination w/o making excuses for it is the most respectful thing you could do.
    itā€™s not really respectful when it keeps happening again and again
    iOS player
    I've had asians in my school and seen some of my classmates making little racist comments (microaggression) and passing them as jokes and when I would express my disgust for those little 'jokes' they would always look at me and ask me why I'm getting so worked up over someone who I don't know and my response would always be that if they wanna be racist then they should be it w their whole chest instead of pulling a Shane Dawson
    asalaxo said:
    KkhElena said:
    itā€™s not really respectful when it keeps happening again and again
    I meant that it's the least thing they could do of course apologizing doesn't mean that they've learned
    edited January 2021
    I donā€™t think someone being racist invalidates their own experiences of racism. Char is literally a Black woman who, along w multiple other Black women, have said experiencedĀ certain things and said that itā€™s not ok, and those opinions are not for non-Black women (esp not White women)Ā to pass judgement on. Thatā€™s how it works šŸ¤—

Also that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a Black womanā€™s responsibility to explain racism and her experiences to you. Youā€™re basically asking them to talk about possible trauma and racism theyā€™ve probably had to experience. Esp with these times, a quick google search will 100000% return top results that are concise and probably explained better than anyone in this forum could tbh. Itā€™s not their responsibility to educate you.

That doesnā€™t mean she canā€™t have prejudices herself but thatā€™s a totally different discussion, and I hope something she is actively being aware of and learning about. Iā€™m a poc and thatā€™s my thoughts, Im fine if yā€™all disagree. But that doesnā€™t mean her thoughts on Black women/Black features are wrong

edited January 2021
    ali015 said:
    I donā€™t think someone being racist invalidates their own experiences of racism. Char is literally a Black woman who, along w multiple other Black women, have said experiencedĀ certain things and said that itā€™s not ok, and those opinions are not for non-Black women (esp not White women)Ā to pass judgement on. Thatā€™s how it works šŸ¤—

That doesnā€™t mean she canā€™t have prejudices herself but thatā€™s a totally different discussion, and I hope something she is actively being aware of and learning about. That doesnā€™t mean her thoughts on Black women/Black features are wrong
    Iā€™ve done a lot of research and learned why its not ok and learned more about the discrimination faced by Asians. I donā€™t wish to make anyone feel how Iā€™ve felt and it wasnt right of me to say what was said. But that being separate thereā€™s a lot of people on here who donā€™t learn and donā€™t wanna learn when it comes to what Me and other black people have posted.Ā 
  • Kween_of_the_KastleKween_of_the_Kastle Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    edited January 2021
    If this is *just a game* why is anyone adamant that they should be able to change skintones and use hair traditional to other races? Accept that people are going to take it offensively and move on. Use another hair or if you post your doll with it accept that you're going to hear about it. Plus we know the votes are going to bots now anyway so why care that people aren't going to vote for your white doll wearing an afro?
    Iā€™ve done a lot of research and learned why its not ok and learned more about the discrimination faced by Asians. I donā€™t wish to make anyone feel how Iā€™ve felt and it wasnt right of me to say what was said. But that being separate thereā€™s a lot of people on here who donā€™t learn and donā€™t wanna learn when it comes to what Me and other black people have posted.Ā 
    Yeah Iā€™ve seen and Iā€™m sorry about that ā¤ļø I think this forum is full of people who are not willing to educate themselves and I donā€™t think the internationalness of the forum helps either lol, since this issue is more pushed in America. Iā€™ve honestly learned itā€™s not worth my time and energy with some of these ppl on the internet Ā bc I get pretty poed as well and theyā€™ll never learn, so I feel you.Ā 

But definitely people invalidating your thoughts bc of comment(s?) you made in the past (and it sounds like youā€™reĀ hopefullyĀ earning from), isnā€™t a valid argument on their part.Ā 
  • Kween_of_the_KastleKween_of_the_Kastle Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    Also going to say this last statement. How much is it really going to offend white dolls to not be able to use an afro? Now think about POC and how much it will actually hurt and offend them to have their culture misappropriated.Ā  Think about other people and not just what you feel is fair for you āœŒ
  • m1lk_jpgm1lk_jpg Registered Users, Member 109 Posts
    you say you're mexican so I'm asking because i also am mexican but do you live in mexico or elsewhere? i'm just genuinely curious bc for being so tone deaf and uneducated on the matter it wouldn't surprise me if you've never left the country.
    Just want to add that this is absolutely not okay. Insinuating that a mexican who hasn't left their country is probably tone deaf and uneducated is classist (not everyone has the privilege to go somewhere else and not everyone has the privilege of being properly educated on A LOT of matters) and borderline racist. Also, as someone pointed out, you CAN be racist towards latin people and asians, I have no clue where you got the idea that it could only be xenophobia, as if racism against us only happened when we migrate to other countries. As someone who is calling people uneducated over racial issues, one would think that you'd have a modicum of knowledge about at least the existence of racism against "cholos" in your own country. It's awesome that you're outspoken about cultural appropriation and racism against black people but you can't do so while simultaneously saying classist and racist things against your own.Ā 
    šŸ–¤ā™”ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ:*āœ§Ā·ļ¾Ÿ:*Ā JosĆ©phine*:Ā·ļ¾Ÿāœ§*:Ā·ļ¾Ÿāœ§ā™”šŸ–¤
    [ JĆ³h-zeh-feen ]
    Ā ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢iOS playerā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
  • karina_kkhkarina_kkh Registered Users, Member 91 Posts
    edited January 2021
    lulula said:
    Ā for the love of god understand that hispanic is not a race just like mexican is not a race either.
    and the racism you speak about towards asians, mexicans, arabs is not racism but xenophobia.

Wait... just wanted to add these definitions from the NIH (USA). They include Asian and Hispanic/Latino as racial and ethnic groups. As an Asian person, I have definitely experienced racism, and people can definitely be racist against Asians, so idk what you mean when you say you can't be.Ā 

Ā 
    i hear you but it doesn't mean it's not flawed. back in the 1700's they had divided humans in 3 race groups, now as studies and people have progressed, it has changed and has been broken down into more categories but that's where it gets tricky. being Latino doesn't automatically make you of color and being Hispanic just means you come from a Spanish speaking country but spanish people are white so again, doesn't make you of color. it's more of an umbrella term bc of how colonialism has affected the americas and how most people in latin america are mixed (yay genocide!) but it's not the default. you still have predominantly white latin countries like argentina for example. people use the word racism without realizing the positions of power involved within the races. black people are not treated the same way as asians are. there can be prejudice, descrimination & hate crimes just the same but there is a distinction. in no way I want to invalidate what other people of color go through, like i said its not a competition about who is the most oppressed but i can't say that me getting called a beaner has the same magnitude and racial undertones as a black person being called the n word. whatever oppressions I may face as a brown woman can never be compared to what black folk go through. and if as a non-black person of color I do some racist shit it is not my place to tell black people whether what I have done is racist or not. just like it's not my place either to question their reactions/tell them how to react to said racism.

edit: spellingĀ 
    ļ½”ļ½„*. android. level 41Ā  .*ļ½„ļ½”Ā 
  • katiekittykatiekitty Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    edited January 2021
    I never comment on this forum but I will for this.Ā 

I strongly condemn the racism against black dolls. I am personally half British/half Middle Eastern. My ethnic group from Middle East is a very unpopular one that I wonā€™t even specify what it is on the forum. As I am white in colour, I do have white priviledge and I understand that black people face issues solely based on their skin colour, and I should therefore use any priviledge I have to speak up against the racism and inequalities in the society. I am genuinely sorry this is still the case in 2021.

However, black people definitely arenā€™t the only ones that experience racism. Xenophobia is a different thing. My ethnic group faces active racism every single day. I can dm you and explain further if you want to know what group that is, I am genuinely scared to write it here knowing there are other dolls from Middle East. We should acknowledge the racism black people face and try to change this by educating people, but I donā€™t think itā€™s right to say *only* black people face racism. This just degrades the problems so many other ethnic groups face.Ā 

I am not going to comment further on the forum as I am not an active user so please dm me if you want to debate. I hope I havenā€™t offended anyone xxx