šŸ—³ļøšŸ’ƒ SYS - 1/07/21 - Disco Fever!šŸ¹šŸ’ƒ

Comments

• TessakkhTessakkh Registered Users, Member 244 Posts
    Long time ago I saw a 50
  • samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    @chocolatedrop98 i cant tell you how much i appreciate this response. no memes or insults. respectful and to the point. so thank you. i agree that educating just one person is enough even if 99 dont care to listen. my point and opinions stem from my own experiences and my own struggles so when i say to pick and choose your battles its me suggesting my own way to cope and handle things. like i said in my original post i just wanted to share a different perspective. iā€™ve read several self help books and the number one tip that has stayed with me is that allowing yourself to be angry over something you have no control over is hurting no one else but yourself. again, thatā€™s my point. if i offended anyone or came off as dismissive which i see where that can be the case i am truly sorry. for people to start saying that i hate blacks and that i donā€™t understand how things are offensive is highly upsetting because thatā€™s just simply not the case and the fact that i led people to think that based off my posts then i failed trying to get my point across. @therealChar i sincerely hope you donā€™t think i ā€œhate blacksā€ and that iā€™m trying to silence you because the truth is far from that. we are all different with different views and if someone states A is offensive and another states B is offensive then we need to respect each one and not just A because itā€™s ā€œworseā€ in your opinion. (i hope that makes sense).

and psa. iā€™m not going to post anymore on the matter since iā€™ve already overstepped my boundaries. thanks again @chocolatedrop98 for the respectful reply.Ā 
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    edited January 2021
    @samanthakkh anytime theres someone taking about black injustice here you are to take away from the conversation and never learn nor listen to what's being said no one has to nicely tell you things and you purposely do it to stir up drama and take away from what's being said. It should be enough for you that we dont like it and it upsets us. You've shown in your tone deaf comments you will look for any excuse for this to be ok.Ā  Just like it wasn't ok for what I said. You learn u grow you dont make excuses why someone would want to use poc on a white doll. There is so little representation when it comes to hair for black people in this game. You cant let us have the few we have ?Ā 
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    I haven't posted on this forum in a long time, but I was so irritated by the last update that I needed to get in here to see if more people were feeling the same as me and I ended up facing this whole discussion. What I think is that here on this forum most players are women. Perhaps 99% of this forum is composed of women and for that reason I think it would be interesting to put aside what sets us apart and join with what unites us. I am white af and obviously have never been discriminated by the color of my skin but I am sure that me and a black or Asian girl face the sexism of this world every single day. And this is what unites us. Our condition as women living in a sexist society. I just think that by thinking like this we will be able to look at each other with more compassion and with less hatred. And from there, it will be possible to have more respect and understanding in all other areas.

Perhaps the white girl is going through or has already gone through the same situation of sexist discrimination that the black girl has also gone through just because they are women. So I think it would be a good idea to discuss it too and from there it would be possible to identify more with each other and better understand what the other feels about many other things, including racism, xenophobia, etc.

I hope I have not offended anyone with my comment. I just wanted to offer a new perspective on all of this and show that it is possible to be united even with so many differences in color, race, country, religion and languages ā€‹ā€‹that exist in this forum. Because in the end we all share the same female condition. United women are more powerful and together we can fight against any injustice.

PS: Sorry, but English is not my native language and I haven't written an English text in a long time, so there are probably some errorsĀ  :D
  • monicamubalakimonicamubalaki Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    Paty said:
    I haven't posted on this forum in a long time, but I was so irritated by the last update that I needed to get in here to see if more people were feeling the same as me and I ended up facing this whole discussion. What I think is that here on this forum most players are women. Perhaps 99% of this forum is composed of women and for that reason I think it would be interesting to put aside what sets us apart and join with what unites us. I am white af and obviously have never been discriminated by the color of my skin but I am sure that me and a black or Asian girl face the sexism of this world every single day. And this is what unites us. Our condition as women living in a sexist society. I just think that by thinking like this we will be able to look at each other with more compassion and with less hatred. And from there, it will be possible to have more respect and understanding in all other areas.

Perhaps the white girl is going through or has already gone through the same situation of sexist discrimination that the black girl has also gone through just because they are women. So I think it would be a good idea to discuss it too and from there it would be possible to identify more with each other and better understand what the other feels about many other things, including racism, xenophobia, etc.

I hope I have not offended anyone with my comment. I just wanted to offer a new perspective on all of this and show that it is possible to be united even with so many differences in color, race, country, religion and languages ā€‹ā€‹that exist in this forum. Because in the end we all share the same female condition. United women are more powerful and together we can fight against any injustice.

PS: Sorry, but English is not my native language and I haven't written an English text in a long time, so there are probably some errorsĀ  :D
    Ā  Hi, Paty! I do understand where you're coming from but I feel like itā€™s impossible to talk about what unites us without acknowledging what sets us apart. All women face sexism, thatā€™s true, but I saw a research once that proved that poc women faced more harassment than white women.
    I agree with you that we need to be united, but I donā€™t think the answer is to put aside what sets us apart šŸ’–
    @samanthakkh anytime theres someone taking about black injustice here you are to take away from the conversation and never learn nor listen to what's being said no one has to nicely tell you things and you purposely do it to stir up drama and take away from what's being said. It should be enough for you that we dont like it and it upsets us. You've shown in your tone deaf comments you will look for any excuse for this to be ok.Ā  Just like it wasn't ok for what I said. You learn u grow you dont make excuses why someone would want to use poc on a white doll. There is so little representation when it comes to hair for black people in this game. You cant let us have the few we have ?Ā 
    here we go. i was trying to be nice and settle the conversation but since you wanna continue and use an unnecessary tone here i am with an attitude. please provide receipts of me in the past stepping into a conversation about black injustice and trying to take away from it? because iā€™ve never done that so idk what youā€™re talking about or where you got that from? HERE I AM YES HERE I AM. seriously i can comment on whatever tf i want to comment on and if you have such a problem with me commenting on a community forum then mute me or something because this isnā€™t the first time youā€™ve said ā€œhere you areā€ like um yes hi. check yourself girl before making false statements especially because youā€™re more active on here and involved in ā€œdramaā€ than i am LOL. iĀ never learn or listen to whatā€™s being said? girl i defended black culture all the previous times this conversation has been brought up SO again please provide receipts since you wanna make false claims about me. iā€™m not looking for excuses for a white doll to wear the afro hair you missed the point completely and honestly i donā€™t care. iā€™m happy glu is creating more black features... where did i say i didnt agree with that? again a false claim and you missed my point completely. seems that selective reading is very much present here. and umm yes people need to be nice and say things respectfully if they want any type of respect back soo miss me with that ā€œwe dont need to be niceā€ bs. because being rude and having such a defensive tone is not going to work. i was trying to be nice and i didnā€™t want to post anymore about this topic but since youā€™re coming at me with inaccurate claims and an ugly tone HERE I AM. šŸ˜Š hi.Ā 
  • ShayShigilShayShigil Registered Users, Member 337 Posts
    edited January 2021
    @samanthakkh
    anytime I see your name on here youā€™re fighting about the same one thing, while refusing to listen to anyone who explains why youā€™re wrong to you.

edited to add: there are more than a few people on this forum who consistently step up during this conversation and give explanations to some who might not deserve it. There isnā€™t one person whoā€™s spearheading ā€œa movementā€ and nothing should be invalidated because of the way one person acts or reacts.Ā 
  • esmeraldaaesmeraldaa Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    Iā€™m having fun with this theme lolĀ 
    @ShayShigil soo its not okay for me to fight about the same one thing (which is what though lol?) but itā€™s okay for others to? this is exhausting and quite frankly ruining my weekend. if you or anyone has something you so desperately need to say to me then my dms are open.Ā 
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos please provide receipts of a post of mine that is disrespectful and warrants others to be rude to me?Ā 
  • ashleymeddsashleymedds Registered Users, Member 796 Posts
    Ā .... literally nobody asked for your opinion and nobody asked for you to get involved in this so I find it hilarious youā€™re trying to say this is ruining your weekend? mind your business next time then if itā€™s affecting you so bad?šŸ˜­āœ‹šŸ¼ you know whatā€™s reallyĀ exhausting? all of the black dolls having to deal with this crap every single day this week and every single time a new BIPOC hairstyle is introduced in the game.Ā @samanthakkh
    ios dollĀ since 2014, took a break & started again in October 2019 šŸ¤ šŸ’•
    āœØadd me on fb:Ā https://www.facebook.com/ashley.meddsĀ āœØ
    ā†ŖļøŽ send me a PM so I can add you back faster!
    edited January 2021
    @ashleymedds .... when your comment starts with ā€œno one asked for your opinionā€ yet no one asked for yours..... Ā šŸ¤” please exit my mentions šŸ˜ŠšŸšŖ
    edited because my sarcasm wasnt clear šŸ˜ŠĀ 
  • ashleyl23ashleyl23 Registered Users, Member 759 Posts
    @ashleymedds .... no one asked for my opinion and i didnā€™t ask for yours. please exit my mentions šŸ˜ŠšŸšŖ
    I- do you realize- nvm..Ā 
    Daily player ā˜€ļø IOSĀ 
    Add me on facebook! šŸ’“
    https://m.facebook.com/ashley.kkh.33Ā 
    edited January 2021

@samanthakkh hope your weekend turns around from drama you 100% inserted yourself into. Thoughts & prayers.
    Please check your DMā€™s for what I so desperately had to say to you.Ā 
    edited January 2021
    i donā€™t think in this entire thread or any other thread literally ever has someone been explicitly asked for their opinion. but go off yaā€™ll. iā€™m soo over this conversation and how easy it is for people to misconstrue literally everything. youā€™re mad because you wanna be mad. i didnt start posting my opinions to start drama or be disrespectful. i didnt know i wasnt allowed to contribute to the conversation and in no way was i being rude or disrespectful. take it how you wanna take it. iā€™m done entertaining yaā€™ll and making it my problem when its not. lol bye
    @Poopnuggets69 @ashleyl23
    ........ itā€™s hypocritical exactly. are you guys 12? ashleymedds was being hypocritical sooooo hence my response. lmao itā€™s called irony and sarcasm.Ā 
  • chocolatedrop98chocolatedrop98 Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    So anyways...
    what the actual šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™€ļø...Iā€™m over it all atp
  • Asena_55Asena_55 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    edited January 2021
    I think itā€˜s very upsetting how negative the forum became.Ā We all have an opinion and nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with stating our opinion, what is bad is when we expect everyone else to go along with our opinion.Ā We all are free to have our opinion yet we should accept the fact that not everyone will agree. Please be respectful with each other. A few days ago I didnā€™t knew what cultural appropriation means and before that I said something that might offended some players. After that I deleted my comment and started to research and apologized. I think we can all learn from each other in some way.Ā No one is the same, and we all have different life experiences. Ā Edit: It stops when itā€˜s getting racist, thatā€˜s not something to tolerate at this point.
    @Asena_55 there is something wrong with stating your opinion if youā€™re using it to invalidate a POCā€™s (in this case a black playerā€™s) feelings.
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    Iā€™m having fun with this theme lolĀ 
    Your doll looks so gorgeousšŸ„ŗ she deserves more votes
  • ashleyl23ashleyl23 Registered Users, Member 759 Posts
    edited January 2021
    i donā€™t think in this entire thread or any other thread literally ever has someone been explicitly asked for their opinion. but go off yaā€™ll. iā€™m soo over this conversation and how easy it is for people to misconstrue literally everything. youā€™re mad because you wanna be mad. i didnt start posting my opinions to start drama or be disrespectful. i didnt know i wasnt allowed to contribute to the conversation and in no way was i being rude or disrespectful. take it how you wanna take it. iā€™m done entertaining yaā€™ll and making it my problem when its not. lol bye
    @Poopnuggets69 @ashleyl23
    ........ itā€™s hypocritical exactly. are you guys 12? ashleymedds was being hypocritical sooooo hence my response. lmao itā€™s called irony and sarcasm.Ā 
    Honestly I wish I could come back at you with something but honestly just lost for words with how.... erm donā€™t wanna get bannedĀ 
    Daily player ā˜€ļø IOSĀ 
    Add me on facebook! šŸ’“
    https://m.facebook.com/ashley.kkh.33Ā 
  • UnwinterUnwinter Registered Users, Member 597 Posts
    @Asena_55 not you calling racism "having an opinion"Ā 
    Android Player, A++
    Unwinter KKH on Facebook
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    The SYS votes really said we're gonna make you pay for it whether you're on theme or notšŸ’…šŸ¾
  • ashleymeddsashleymedds Registered Users, Member 796 Posts
    You realize a majority of this started due to white dolls ASKING if it was okay for them to use the free gift afro or change their doll to black to then use the afro?So the opinion of BLACK dolls was explicitly asked....? You are only in this conversation because you decided to insert yourself in a convo that has NOTHING to do with you, something you like to do often. And not only did you insert yourself, you inserting yourself with some nonsense bullshit? ItĀ doesnā€™t matter if you didnā€™t post your opinions with the intention to start drama or be disrespectful. Your intentions can be whatever the hell you want in your convoluted brain but you still did it. You can contribute to the conversation all you want, what you CANā€™T do is tell black people that they need to be okay with racism. Nobody asked for you opinion because you yourself arenā€™t black and you tried to say that everyone should be able to style their doll however they want which is insensitive and dismissive of black dollsā€™ feelings. YOU made it your problem by piping in so next time you just need sit there and not ruin your own weekend.Ā 
    couldnt of said it better myself šŸ‘šŸ¼

ios dollĀ since 2014, took a break & started again in October 2019 šŸ¤ šŸ’•
    āœØadd me on fb:Ā https://www.facebook.com/ashley.meddsĀ āœØ
    ā†ŖļøŽ send me a PM so I can add you back faster!