šŸ—³ļøšŸ’ƒ SYS - 1/07/21 - Disco Fever!šŸ¹šŸ’ƒ

Comments

• BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Last few looks from my side game. Majority of my other looks have been in the 30s. There's no way to reach the hair since I missed a ticket yesterday.

The last one just finished with 40 votes.šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜•
    šŸŒŸLevelĀ 38 & 39ā€”Android
    šŸ’žĀ Mom of 4!
    šŸ—£ļøĀ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    šŸŒ¼ I am a Recovery Coach.
    ā£Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are!Ā 
  • emmmteeemmmtee Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Looks 6-9 āœØ
    Just having fun with the theme since Iā€™m in gold lol enough saidĀ 

• samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,013 Posts
    edited January 2021
    @samanthakkh Um,,, sorry, but its not my responsibility to baby-sit your account to prove a point when you're proving it for me right now tbh?Ā 
    You have no respect for this discussion and have ended multiple messages with micro-aggressions like "lmk if i can buy my daughter a black barbie xoxo"
    Also, lowkey this discussion is attempting to be stifled by implying char is our "leader", which isn't true. Neither me, or any other poc on this forum, is "following" anyone and the implication that we are is harmful.
    We are not responsible for her tasteless comment & apology, and our cries for justice shouldn't be silenced because of it. Racism of any flavor is bad. Nobody is fighting you on this fact.
    I'm fighting you because you are rude & entitled, and inserting yourself into a discussion about black rights that you have minimal knowledge in.
    Buying a child a black barbie isn't the same as taking something that is supposed to represent youĀ and changing its race to wear a hairĀ you know you're not supposed to wear.
    Our hair is rooted in deep, beautiful, rich history and i will stop being "rude" & "angry" at people that disrespect that. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!Ā 
    i wasnā€™t going to continue the conversation but seeing your post and not allowing myself to acknowledge it just isnā€™t sitting right with me. simply because i thought we weā€™re friends. i cant understand why iā€™m being misunderstood so badly to the point where you of all people are stepping in to shoot at me alongside everyone else. havent i stepped in to defend the black community every single time this conversation has been brought up? havent i shown my understanding of cultural appropriation? i have and i have and thatā€™s why none of you can pull up receipts like iā€™ve asked yet you can pull those receipts on everyone else even from years ago. i can post receipts of our countless messages and our understanding of one another. ive admired your doll and encouraged you to submit her in sys. ive stood up for you and others when youā€™ve been offended. for you to post publicly how you feel about the post i made isnt what friends do. i respect everything you post and usually your posts are on point but i cant respect the way youā€™re handling this situation with someone you call(ed) a friend. you probably donā€™t care though because you just called me rude and entitled when a couple months ago you were calling me queen and the nicest person on this forum. iā€™m not trying to continue the drama and i couldve taken it to the dms but why should i when you clearly have no respect and wanted to post publicly against me first. go ahead and say iā€™m deflecting and taking away from the situation and not ā€œlearningā€ from it but in case you forgot iā€™m not brand new and cultural appropriation is something i stood against multiple times on this forum. if you believe iā€™m ignorant and disrespectful towards the subject because i posted my point of view about being angry at all the random dolls in the voting booth while CLEARLY stating adopting a black feature to reap the benefits when itā€™s convenient is highly offensive then thatā€™s your selective reading and dismissive attitude coming into play. anyways, if youā€™d like to be an adult and confront your issue with me privately like you should have to begin with then by all means but for the last time i will no longer be commenting publicly on this forum.Ā 
  • BenedettaKKHBenedettaKKH Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    Is this look so bad? I really donā€™t know what is on theme......Ā 

highest score: 31.
    šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
  • YoMommaYoMomma Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    @BenedettaKKH Your doll is super cute. Maybe Try and use more colourful clothes perhaps? šŸ’œ
    @BenedettaKKH The 70s were full of color, so try bright colors maybe. However, this new sys system is rigged, so one week you may get great scores and then low the next week. You can look at the previous pages of dolls who are getting low scores no matter what they wear. On my side game I'm getting 30s and a few 40s (highest is 42). Before this new system I always got high 40s and mainly 50s. Don't take it too personal.

Things I've noticed that don't score too well are tattoos (unless it's on theme), many kloset items, short hair for some reason, and darker hair. The vb seems to like newer items or popular items, light/nude lips, blonde or light colored hair, and long hair. Your doll is cute, so don't give up.
    šŸ’žĀ Mom of 4!
    I hate that I love these items on my doll, especially the hair and eyes,Ā  cause they're out of reach. I'm scoring low/mid 40s on my main game, so I won't get any of the items with 13 looks. It's like Glu is taunting me with items that are only reachable by excessive tb.šŸ„ŗšŸ˜•

šŸ’žĀ Mom of 4!
  • robertavyyrobertavyy Registered Users, Member 2,744 Posts
    Has anyone in this new system got diamonds from voting? Because I donā€™t think I got it in weeks and I vote a lot šŸ¤”
    iOS playerĀ 
    Ā 
  • ViennaKKHViennaKKH Registered Users, Member 1,388 Posts
    Has anyone in this new system got diamonds from voting? Because I donā€™t think I got it in weeks and I vote a lot šŸ¤”
    Forgot to post this last SYS, but yes 1 diamond šŸ˜Š

edited January 2021
    @ViennaKKH thanks, good to know itā€™s still possible šŸ˜„
    edit: and I finally just got one lol šŸ˜‚

iOS playerĀ 
    Ā 
  • ViennaKKHViennaKKH Registered Users, Member 1,388 Posts

Oh nice ! šŸ¤©āœØ
    Is Glu watching us ? šŸ˜‚šŸ‘€ You ask, they give, lol
    ViennaKKH said:

Oh nice ! šŸ¤©āœØ
    Is Glu watching us ? šŸ˜‚šŸ‘€ You ask, they give, lol
    Thatā€™s what I also thought šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
    Ā 
    iOS playerĀ 
    Ā 
  • xoxolovekayxoxolovekay Registered Users, Member 310 Posts
    edited January 2021
    asalaxo said:
    ehh so besides the fact that the game sucks now even the forum kinda sucks too because itā€™s filled with ignorant people who donā€™t understand what culture appropriating mean and donā€™t wanna listen. but I also kinda wish that a lot of people had the same energy when it comes to other races! someone here is only vocal when its her race and kinda racist towards other races and she gets away with it šŸ˜’šŸ˜’šŸ˜’
    racism is wrong towards any and all races!!
    Ā I mean if people want to speak up for when theirĀ culture is being appropriated they can.Ā 

Itā€™s not @therealChar or anyone elseā€™s job to be the gate keeper of appropriation for all races. Black women canā€™t save everyone. & I donā€™t think thatā€™s a realistic expectation. šŸ˜Š

& tbh you probably couldā€™ve messaged her this. Itā€™s giving subliminal and thatā€™s not cute.Ā 
    Follow me on ig @kkh.kayslay šŸ‘—šŸ‘ 
  • eviewashereeviewashere Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    a tb came out of nowhere and knocked me down from 1st, i donā€™t mind bc iā€™m not a huge fan of the hair, but i doubt iā€™ll be able to stay in second so now i probably wonā€™t even get the dress, atleast their looks on theme so iā€™m not too mad lol!Ā 
  • danjames12danjames12 Registered Users, Member 518 Posts
    I canā€™t wait for this event to endĀ Ā 
    iOS player...used to play when the game first came out!! Flash forward about five different dolls and here we are.
    PlayingĀ this doll since January 2020, and doubt Iā€™ll be changing again! (Unless I quit because sys is a joke and Iā€™m really starting to loose the fun in this game āœŒšŸ¼āŒ)
    But these are my looks 1-12. I guess itā€™s my week to score well.Ā 

The butterfly aura has surprisingly been helping lolĀ 

• livyxlivyx Registered Users, Member 834 Posts
    ali015 said:
    livyx said:

Looks 1-8, I donā€™t post on here anymore because I really donā€™t like the new SYS system and it really took all of the fun I had with this game, but surprisingly my scores are really good this SYS so I thought I would share if some of you need inspiration! I would have chosen really curly hair if it was only for me, but I know the voters tend to like the same hairstyles over and over again even if it doesnā€™t suit the theme, so I used my regular ones
    These looks are amazing! Iā€™m wondering how your scores were after your 60? I was doing super well too and then my scores just started tanking. I know other players have had this problem, so Iā€™m curious if it happened to you tooĀ 
    @ali015 well, Iā€™m cursed too šŸ¤”Ā 
    iOS player since December 2014 šŸ‡«šŸ‡·šŸ‡µšŸ‡±
  • asalaxoasalaxo Registered Users, Member 876 Posts
    edited January 2021
    asalaxo said:
    ehh so besides the fact that the game sucks now even the forum kinda sucks too because itā€™s filled with ignorant people who donā€™t understand what culture appropriating mean and donā€™t wanna listen. but I also kinda wish that a lot of people had the same energy when it comes to other races! someone here is only vocal when its her race and kinda racist towards other races and she gets away with it šŸ˜’šŸ˜’šŸ˜’
    Ā I mean if people want to speak up for when theirĀ culture is being appropriated they can.Ā 

Itā€™s not @therealChar or anyone elseā€™s job to be the gate keeper of appropriation for all races. Black women canā€™t save everyone. & I donā€™t think thatā€™s a realistic expectation. šŸ˜Š

& tbh you probably couldā€™ve messaged her this. Itā€™s giving subliminal and thatā€™s not cute.Ā 
    donā€™t twist my words hun! I NEVER said people canā€™t speak up when their culture is being appropriated. I said itā€™s great and wish that more people would speak up when other cultures are being appropriated or made fun of too. because the ones that were speaking up werenā€™t all black and itā€™s great and wish everyone had the same energy no matter what their race is because racism is wrong no matter what. I never said char should be the gate keeper of appropriation for all races, I just called her out for being a racist herself which is shocking to me because someone whoā€™s so vocal about racism should know better than to say insensitive things about other races. I donā€™t wanna dm anyone and I donā€™t care about whatā€™s cute or not. donā€™t try to twist my words.
    iOS player
    edited January 2021
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:

donā€™t twist my words hun! I NEVER said people canā€™t speak up when their culture is being appropriated. I said itā€™s great and wish that more people would speak up when other cultures are being appropriated or made fun of too. because the ones that were speaking up werenā€™t all black and itā€™s great and wish everyone had the same energy no matter what their race is because racism is wrong no matter what. I never said char should be the gate keeper of appropriation for all races, I just called her out for being a racist herself which is shocking to me because someone whoā€™s so vocal about racism should know better than to say insensitive things about other races. I donā€™t wanna dm anyone and I donā€™t care about whatā€™s cute or not. donā€™t try to twist my words.
    I didnā€™t twist your words... I said OTHER PEOPLE can speak when their culture is being appropriated. It is not chars duty like you are implying.Ā 

Ā Is it realistic to think someone who is black should be the first to speak on when letā€™s say some other race is being appropriated?

Donā€™t get me wrong. I donā€™t condone appropriating for any race. But it is more than just one persons responsibility to educate. And Iā€™m pretty sure @therealchar and others have spoken up about kimonos (sorry donā€™t know the proper term) and etc in the past. Another example were the eyes with the low lids. Iā€™m sure char was vocal.Ā 

There have been times when @therealChar has supported other races.Ā 

I donā€™t think char has been insensitive at all or racist by speaking up primarily for her race but if thatā€™s how you feel say it with your chest.

Ā Donā€™t be passive. If it moved you enough to type a paragraph, you shouldā€™ve at least dmā€™d her & had a proper convo about it.Ā 

You probably wouldā€™ve been enlightened after the fact.Ā 
    @asalaxo I donā€™t speak on appropriation on other cultures because thatā€™s not my culture and I am not informed on that topic, but I am vocal about the appropriation of my culture.Ā 

I usually donā€™t have the energy to educate others on my culture, but I speak up when I feel needed.Ā 

By your standards does that make me racist?Ā 

That is the point I feel as though you are trying to portray. Please correct me if I am wrong so I can have a better understanding
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:

I didnā€™t twist your words... I said OTHER PEOPLE can speak when their culture is being appropriated. It is not chars duty like you are implying.Ā 

Ā Is it realistic to think someone who is black should be the first to speak on when letā€™s say some other race is being appropriated?

Donā€™t get me wrong. I donā€™t condone appropriating for any race. But it is more than just one persons responsibility to educate. And Iā€™m pretty sure @therealchar and others have spoken up about kimonos (sorry donā€™t know the proper term) and etc in the past. Another example were the eyes with the low lids. Iā€™m sure char was vocal.Ā 

I donā€™t think char has been insensitive at all or racist by speaking up primarily for her race but if thatā€™s how you feel say it with your chest.

Ā Donā€™t be passive. If it moved you enough to type a paragraph, you shouldā€™ve at least dmā€™d her & had a proper convo about it.Ā 

and again you are twisting my words. I never implied that itā€™s her duty! I said she gets away with being racist towards Asians!!! I saw her comment on that thread and no one said a thing to her. thatā€™s why I said I wish more people had the same energy to speak up when it comes to other races too because you know if it was an item for black culture that was being made fun of then sooo many people wouldā€™ve said something. itā€™s really not the same thing when you call people out as when you imply itā€™s their duty to gate keep stuff šŸ™‚
    and you were literally giving examples of her being racist, not vocal lol. she herself replied to what I said admitted she was wrong and learned from it so idk why youā€™re still bringing it up.
    it kinda seems like youā€™re condoning her actions, we wouldnā€™t be talking about this rn if it was another race. I donā€™t understand why weā€™re discussing this, at the end of the day racism is not cool.
    everyone was talking about this issue on the thread, I donā€™t see why I out of everyone should go and dm people.
    iOS player
    @asalaxo I donā€™t speak on appropriation on other cultures because thatā€™s not my culture and I am not informed on that topic, but I am vocal about the appropriation of my culture.Ā 

I usually donā€™t have the energy to educate others on my culture, but I speak up when I feel needed.Ā 

By your standards does that make me racist?Ā 

That is the point I feel as though you are trying to portray. Please correct me if I am wrong so I can have a better understanding
    @xoxolovekay omg no thatā€™s not what Iā€™m saying at all! you have every right to be vocal when it comes to your culture, but we also shouldnā€™t stay quiet when someone is saying rude things about other cultures and races, and thatā€™s what I meant.
    what would be racist is if you made fun of letā€™s say someoneā€™s eyes, which is what happened in charā€™s case. thatā€™s what makes someone a racist, and NOT the fact that they speak up about their own culture.
    i feel like this is just a misunderstanding.
    iOS player
  • RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    I canā€™t wait for this event to endĀ Ā 

Dude, that outfit is so good, it's literally insane that your votes are in the 20s for it.Ā 
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
    edited January 2021
    @asalaxo it probably is a misunderstanding. I just hope the next time if someone does something that is offensive you call it out in that moment so they learn from it.Ā 

Instead of bringing it up weeks later passively. ESP if they already apologized?Ā 

I insisted a DM since it was only your post that seemed like it was specifically for her. & it probably wouldnā€™t have taken away from the main topic at hand.

But Iā€™m over this convo I just needed to interject because it wasnā€™t sitting right with me. You have a great day and be blessed.
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    asalaxo said:
    asalaxo said:

Ā I have been insensitive the one time with the eyes but that's my own ignorance for not knowing.i learned from it and grew and be sure to be more educated on the matter enough to call it out if I see anything.Ā  But I feel ya on this alot of people put the pressure of speaking up about everything having to do with other races on black people to speak up about when literally most of these people on here can use their mouth too. I speak up alot for black people which makes alot of them uncomfortable.Ā  I try to as vocal as I can about many things but I'm not the only one on this forum but they lack that same conviction for themselves when they always tell me I should speak up about everythingĀ 
    @asalaxo it probably is a misunderstanding. I just hope the next time if someone does something that is offensive you call it out in that moment so they learn from it.Ā 

Instead of bringing it up weeks later passively. ESP if they already apologized?Ā 

I insisted a DM since it was only your post that seemed like it was specifically for her.Ā 

But Iā€™m over this convo I just needed to interject because it wasnā€™t sitting right with me. You have a great day and be blessedĀ 
    yet everyone here brings up stuff not only from weeks ago but years ago! but obviously itā€™s not cool when itā€™s something your friend had said lol.
    also she never apologised about the eyes till this thread, she just apologised about the traditional Chinese outfit before. and I donā€™t think you have to be educated about another culture to know that itā€™s not okay to say their eye shape looks high.
    but okay you have a good day too šŸ˜
    iOS player
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    asalaxo said:

I insisted a DM since it was only your post that seemed like it was specifically for her.Ā 

But Iā€™m over this convo I just needed to interject because it wasnā€™t sitting right with me. You have a great day and be blessedĀ 
    yet everyone here brings up stuff not only from weeks ago but years ago! but obviously itā€™s not cool when itā€™s something your friend had said lol.
    also she never apologised about the eyes till this thread, she just apologised about the traditional Chinese outfit before. and I donā€™t think you have to be educated about another culture to know that itā€™s not okay to say their eye shape looks high.
    but okay you have a good day too šŸ˜
    I wish you had the same energy for other people on here as u do for me cause when miss Samantha was going wild with her ignorance didnt hear a peep out of you šŸ¤£ but ok love.