🗳️ SYS - 1/14/21 - Denim and Diamonds 👖💎

Comments

• YoMommaYoMomma Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    It’s taking ages for my 2nd look to come through 🥱🥱
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @thesweetone most of the denim items in the kloset are super old. I'd vote for a super sparkly dress and diamond jewelty over that 2015 blah jumpsuit. Just wanted people to not feel defeated or like they have to waste their kash/stars/dye on this event. For the lucky people who have some of the more quality denim items like Kim's denim top that fit the theme, I love to see it! Me I'll be submitting the hair with the diamonds on top of it and praying when I hit the submit button.
    iOS
  • darthdarthdddarthdarthdd Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Highest score I've gotten in awhile. I just saved enough diamonds for these ombre lips, and I'm not used to the insane Lip Filler look she got, but I think it helped with the score! 

• robertavyyrobertavyy Registered Users, Member 2,744 Posts
    I thought that if I put more things on my doll I will get more votes. Lol.  I hope it’s just for first look, I don’t want to miss out earnable dress 🥺 and my second look is whatever, because I got mad 🙈

iOS player 

• Kween_of_the_KastleKween_of_the_Kastle Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    So in exchange for the hair being available silver can't even get a full outfit. @KalindaKing I take back everything nice I said about "trying to improve" our experience. GLU just realized more people will buy/spend tickets if the top prize is available at all tiers. You know it, GLU knows it, stop treating us like morons and acting like you're doing us a favor when GLU is just being greedy as ever 

• ashleymeddsashleymedds Registered Users, Member 796 Posts

I think I spotted @morganngabrielle in the VB!
    ios doll since 2014, took a break & started again in October 2019 🤠💕
    ✨add me on fb: https://www.facebook.com/ashley.medds ✨
    ↪︎ send me a PM so I can add you back faster!
  • JuviasPlaceJuviasPlace Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    So now when there's two parts of an outfit (top & pants/skirt) you have to be in gold to get it 🤡
  • brunakkhbrunakkh Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    I thought denim and diamonds was a throwback theme and now I am confused cause I could swear we’ve had it before! Anyway everyone is looking great
    IOS player
    🌸 be nice to each other 🌸
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    brunakkh said:
    I thought denim and diamonds was a throwback theme and now I am confused cause I could swear we’ve had it before! Anyway everyone is looking great
    Just a denim sys before ! Not denim and diamonds 
  • TessakkhTessakkh Registered Users, Member 244 Posts
    edited January 2021
  • letusletus Registered Users, Member 760 Posts
    @Muco did you start the event with only one ticket? If so, you should contact support.
    iOS free player 🇧🇷 ✨
    my doll’s name is leticia 
  • monicamubalakimonicamubalaki Registered Users, Member 48 Posts

I feel like the 1st one deserved better, it was my favorite between the two but I’m kinda okay with the scores, what makes me a little nervous is that I don’t think I have enough denim items so my looks will be looking very cheap very soon 
  • thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    edited January 2021
     KaylaJ said:
    Since this all goes back to my comment I’m going to clarify:
    nobody has enough items for denim and diamonds for every look, but personally I am going to vote for jeans and a basic top over gowns every time because at least they are trying.

I mean, I'm also voting for basic jeans + top over gowns because dolls are trying and are on theme. 

My point is that one doesn't have to be completely covered in denim to be on theme; one denim item plus a lil sparkle will be fine by me. Splitting a denim two-piece and mixing them with other clothes instead of submitting both pieces at once, using shiny earrings bc those don't lock and jeweled hair will help to stay on such tricky and particular theme like this 
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts

First look, I'm not sure what I'm doing
  • thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    edited January 2021
    AliBryant said:
    @thesweetone most of the denim items in the kloset are super old. I'd vote for a super sparkly dress and diamond jewelty over that 2015 blah jumpsuit. Just wanted people to not feel defeated or like they have to waste their kash/stars/dye on this event. For the lucky people who have some of the more quality denim items like Kim's denim top that fit the theme, I love to see it! Me I'll be submitting the hair with the diamonds on top of it and praying when I hit the submit button.

When I was talking about Kloset items I meant different kinds of cute jeans we have, jean jackets, jean boots etc. I wish I had more stars so I could buy on-theme clothing. 

I personally will vote for both sparkly dresses with no denim and basic Kloset jeans - anything that has denim and/or diamonds. This theme is admittedly pretty tricky, so whatever works, works 😎
  • BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts
    Happy playing dolls! Along with BTVS we 80s kids adored Britney & Jlo 2000 era. Seeing the Brit dress as an earnable made my year 🥰 happy with the scores so far and I feel super inspired.

Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
  • jfletccchjfletccch Registered Users, Member 64 Posts

Off to a terrible start 😩 I liked these looks, i didn’t think they were that bad 🥺
  • karinabkarinab Registered Users, Member 134 Posts

Why?? 😭
    Android Player
    April 2020 - Current
    ~PY 
  • letusletus Registered Users, Member 760 Posts
    @Koakuma omg I’m crazy looking for this hair!! (Also, your look is amazing!!)
    iOS free player 🇧🇷 ✨
    my doll’s name is leticia 
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
     KaylaJ said:
    Since this all goes back to my comment I’m going to clarify:
    nobody has enough items for denim and diamonds for every look, but personally I am going to vote for jeans and a basic top over gowns every time because at least they are trying.

I mean, I'm also voting for basic jeans + top over gowns because dolls are trying and are on theme. 

My point is that one doesn't have to be completely covered in denim to be on theme; one denim item plus a lil sparkle will be fine by me. Splitting a denim two-piece and mixing them with other clothes instead of submitting both pieces at once, using shiny earrings bc those don't lock and jeweled hair will help to stay on such tricky and particular theme like this 
    oh I agree! one of my first looks will be a denim top with a sparkly bottom. I think sometimes people overthink these themes, though Glu never helps considering the odd phone calls and makes us question everything with their voting algorithm   
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    @Boocketa I'm so glad there are other 80s babies on here!🤣
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
  • RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts

First two looks. I don't really have glam items that suit my denim. 😅
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
  • brunakkhbrunakkh Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    @therealChar omg you are righttt! Thanks for the reminder
    IOS player
    🌸 be nice to each other 🌸
  • BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts
    @Boocketa I'm so glad there are other 80s babies on here!🤣
    Before I joined the forum I called this game a guilty pleasure didn’t think there was anyone over 30 playing lol 🥂😍
    Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
  • arifromkkharifromkkh Registered Users, Member 269 Posts
    i think maybe you can go eaither denim or diamonds, like wear a gown but still keep the diamond factor, idk...
  • asalaxoasalaxo Registered Users, Member 876 Posts
    The beautiful girl on the right seems familiar, is she a forum doll?
    yess that’s me 🥰 thank you @AmandaMKkh for spotting me and @woahbabesursotoxic for recognising me. that look got me 43 votes

iOS player
  • violaviola Registered Users, Member 531 Posts

it’s a girl from the forum? 
    In any case beautiful 🥰🥰🥰🥰
  • serenity___serenity___ Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Well that sucks ☹️

edit-To make matters even worse . I honestly give up