🗳️Weekday SYS 1/25/21 -Theme : Paris Street Style!

Comments

• YoMommaYoMomma Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    @BenedettaKKH thank you ☺️ I got the dress for diamonds in the VB. I’m not sure which event it’s from 🤷‍♀️
  • RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    My last couple of looks, been trying to play it safe.

I'm surprised the hairstyle is doing well because I don't really like it and my beige beret scored worse.
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
  • sandraliissandraliis Registered Users, Member 409 Posts
    Romaki said:
    Romaki said:
    This is actually not true. The old looks being in the booth also give a chance for higher average votes. With only real looks in the booth voting one look means minus one vote for the other look. With these 'bots' there's actually chance to get higher votes while not taking votes from anybody. Anyway, yes votes can also go into void, I can't fully comprehend it but it's hard to imagine it creates a noticeable disadvantage. What I mean is, on average we get paired a certain amount of times w looks that score better that ours and certain amount that score worse, the fact that nobody get's these votes doesn't actually mean anyone gets less. 

It actually does mean people get less votes if some votes go to no one, that's how math works. 
    @Romaki I thought I gave a pretty simple and easy to follow explanation but I guess your math works a little different and that's totally fine

You said there's not a noticable difference when everybody in this forum is literally getting less votes on average.

Let me repost from the last SYS:

I did the same thing last SYS. Having bots vote is not the problem. The problem is that bots are being entered in the competition.

Let's say all dolls have 5000 votes. If you divide them between 100 dolls, they average out to 50 votes each which should be what's happening since 45-55 is amount people should reach as an earnable requires that and it should be doable with all free tickets. 

But now you add like 30 bots for whatever reason, and that 5000 votes get divided between 130 participants. Surely adding less than one third can't hurt that much? Nope, now the average of votes is 38 and barely anyone earns the less earnable. 

-- You can argue that there are not that many bots, but don't overestimate the amount of active players either.
      Well that just turns into an argument now, but I’m pretty good at maths and logic exercises and that math above is just beside the point. There isn’t a set maximum of votes. If you add looks there will be more votes in total. 100 looks get 50x60=3000 votes in total, 130 looks get 65x60=3900 votes in total. @romaki
     iOS 🇪🇪
    20 VIDEOS FOR EVERYBODY
  • sandraliissandraliis Registered Users, Member 409 Posts
    tortor said:
    brunakkh said:
    @Romaki I am not good at math, but I understood your post. However every look still gets voted 60 times so bots cant take away users votes, because it doesnt matter if its a bot or a player, there will still be 60 voting rounds, if more bots are added than more votes are added 
    I am a mathematician and math teacher. If the looks GLU chooses are randomly sampled from all possible looks (some basic, some stunning), real player’s scores would not be affected. But if they are reusing stunning looks that score 45+ originally only, then you are competing against better looks more often, so real players’ scores would be lower. Really depends on who the bots are and how cute their outfits are.
    That’s what I was trying to say, I guess I’m just horrible at explaining myself
     iOS 🇪🇪
    20 VIDEOS FOR EVERYBODY
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    asalaxo said:
    here are some of my favourite looks that I submitted, the voters didn’t seem to like them but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️
    last look was inspired by @AguadeCoco 💓

@asalaxo those scores are so undeserved ! All of your looks are absolutely gorgeous 💕
    iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
  • BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts
    I went from No1 to scoring 25_30 on the last two looks and dropping to No10. Wow
    Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
  • Maria2019Maria2019 Registered Users, Member 387 Posts
    edited January 2021
    I got 50 votes for this outfit I threw together in about 2 minutes. None of it goes together🤦🏼‍♀️ I just wanted to use items I never use so I expected about 30 votes. I guess there really is bots in the voting booth😄🙄

• lalanalalana Registered Users, Member 312 Posts
    @Kween_of_the_Kastle exactly, I'm so sick of having to jump on a new thread to ask the same old questions. New threads don't erase old problems 😔
  • AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    @AmyMimi I love your red look 😍♥️
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• eileen20eileen20 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Maria2019 said:
    I got 50 votes for this outfit I threw together in about 2 minutes. None of it goes together🤦🏼‍♀️ I just wanted to use items I never use so I expected about 30 votes. I guess there really is bots in the voting booth😄🙄

I actually think this look is so cute though, if I had seen it in the booth I would have voted for it!
    ios
    message me to add on facebook <33
    @asta I’m obsessed with your doll look, love your styling 🔥

@KKHLucy thank you ♥️✨

• Maria2019Maria2019 Registered Users, Member 387 Posts
    edited January 2021
    @eileen20 Thank you! If it was someone else's I would vote for it too😄 I'm more critical of my own looks. I think it's the navy shoes and the top that don't look right to me. The top seems kind of preppy and doesn't typically go with leather trousers.
    asalaxo said:
    here are some of my favourite looks that I submitted, the voters didn’t seem to like them but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️
    last look was inspired by @AguadeCoco 💓

@asalaxo your doll is so pretty and your looks deserved WAY better, my fav is the middle one bottom row but I love them all 😍😍

1-9 looks
    Between these scores and the bot in the vb I’m so demotivated I don’t know what submit 😣 

• ashleydianemashleydianem Registered Users, Member 1,357 Posts
    We have so many berets!! 🧑‍🎨
    With @livyx @kaydencekkh @asalaxo @ashleyy
  • Madison101Madison101 Registered Users, Member 309 Posts
    Hi, I’m new and I saw everybody posting their looks, so I thought I would share my doll as well.  Sorry that my doll looks so basic. 🙂. These are are my first four looks (not in order).

Level 29
    iOS
    ✨💖
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    My looks were doing so good (high 40's/50's) until my last two submissions which both scored 35 😭 Coincidently happened after I added my two cents to the bot discussion yesterday 

• asalaxoasalaxo Registered Users, Member 876 Posts
    @AmyMimi and @AmandaMKkh thank you both so much!!! 😭💓💓 your kind words mean A LOT to me 🥺 and I’m so happy you both liked my looks because both of your styles are firrreee and I always look forward to your posts 🥰

@ashleydianem thank you for including me, gorgeous! everyone looks fantastic 😍😍
    iOS player
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Hi, I’m new and I saw everybody posting their looks, so I thought I would share my doll as well.  Sorry that my doll looks so basic. 🙂. These are are my first four looks (not in order).

Welcome to the forum @madison101!

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • JuviasPlaceJuviasPlace Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    edited January 2021
    I have noticed I can get more scores if use items I paid with diamonds from closet or diamond collections as well as recent SYS items. I'm sorry if this is adding to anyone's argument I don't want to, just say that I notice a change in how voting works now when people say they won't vote for those items, but glu advertise as items that will help win SYS 

I hope this make sense 

sorry also I bought new fashion goal in my photo and the hair is scoring best for Paris sys than it should 
    @Madison101 welcome💐

• JuviasPlaceJuviasPlace Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    @Madison101 welcome I am new too! Your doll looks great wish I had the pants in your last look you styled perfectly 🌟
  • KatiaKKHKatiaKKH Registered Users, Member 165 Posts
    I just want to add, as I wrote a long time ago, I personally believe that the voting booth is fake and is only used to get an additional reward, and not for voting in real time. I am sure that GLU uses some algorithm and we get the votes randomly. I've always wondered how often and for how long players vote in the voting booth. Personally, I can go to it at the beginning of the game to see what style other players choose, but I don't think that many of us spend all our time there, especially on weekdays. Is this enough for a real voting?  In the screenshot below, I forgot to add that even in the first seconds of the SYS, when you voting for the first pair, you can choose the popular pick. Even if they got a few votes, I don't think that's enough for a popular pick. 

Therefore, if there is an algorithm that gives votes in the last few minutes/seconds before the end, objectively this algorithm can be used all the time 🤷🏼‍♀️

P.S. I hope you understood my thoughts, I'm sorry, it's quite difficult to find words to explain such things in English
    If you have any thoughts about this, let me know, maybe I'm wrong about something

• RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    KatiaKKH said:
    I've always wondered how often and for how long players vote in the voting booth. 

This is my main thinking too. The votes are provided by us, and no one votes endlessly, so votes are finite. The old algoritm worked better because everyone who submitted also generated votes, even if they just did until their vote is 3% to a reward. In my thinking that leads to more dolls receiving the same amount of votes, which lowers the average. Glu is not going to generate fake votes in my opinion, in my understanding that means the synergy is less favorable towards players even if it's by a small margin. Just something to think about when it comes to the programming behind SYS.

You also make a good point 
    with "someone has to vote first". The first people are missing out on a possible "popular vote" reward, though that difference should be miniscule. I do believe that Glu counts it as a popular vote if one look as 1 vote and the other 0.
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
  • CassidyKKHCassidyKKH Registered Users, Member 122 Posts

Speaking of glitches in SYS, I was going to create my next look and my TS group was gone. It came back when I restarted the game but it was very weird.