Glu Acquisition

PrincessCDettePrincessCDette Registered Users, Member 414 Posts
Just read an article that Glu was purchased by EA. Hopefully it means a better gaming experience. 
I'm a feminist, activist, fangirl, princess and a pet parent. Yes, a princess AND a feminist. The duality in my personality makes me great! 
Android User off an on from 2014

Comments

• BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    I was about to post the same thing lol. I just saw it, but haven't read it yet.

🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
  • eileen20eileen20 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    this should be interesting 
    ios
    message me to add on facebook <33
  • louguyz4louguyz4 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    If you know the sims and it’s dlc they will make it were you have to buy the update stuff
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I don’t think they will say anything until the Deal is completed so 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Reading the comments:
  • MucoMuco Registered Users, Member 138 Posts
    edited February 2021
    I agree with @louguyz4, been playing EA games for longer that I would like to admit. Unfortunately, EA games follow the unspoken rule of “Pay to Win”. 
    Hopefully, it would mean that changes will be applied to things such as VB and SYS. But be prepared to see big shifts in your gameplay. 
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    edited February 2021
    I'll wait and see how this works before I react. 
    Platform: Android

• CleoClementineCleoClementine Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    I initially posted this in the February update discussion but i'll copy it over here. Basically KKH is most similar to Sims Freeplay, which is a free to play game with a store to buy various things for real money. I doubt things will get more expensive but a big thing in the Sims Freeplay community is how awful the quests/events are. It is incredibly hard to win the prizes and if you don't want to spend money you'll have to commit all of your free time to the game. I think if anything changes it will probably be the events.
  • RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    EA can't do worse than Glu with this game.
    Sims is definitely a big cashcow that got sucked dry, but EA also bought Gameloft and they're fine.

Either way, more eyes on the game can only be good for us. The Animal Crossing app undid a bad update after a flood of negative reviews, and that's Nintendo.

I think EA knows better than Glu that keeping players unhappy impacts the sales negatively. A good app will market itself too, it's not beneficial to the game that the general public forgot about it. In 2014 everyone was talking about it, I don't think it's a coincidence that the news articles highlight KKH specifically.
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
  • Gigi_Gigi_ Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    EA has a long history of acquiring studios and running them into the ground, these were mostly pc gaming studios so who knows what they’ll do with a mobile one

• RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    Another thing - EA bad yes, but I think they're very smart in aiming for KKH. Sims is a giant entity that lives and breathes solely due to the community. If Sims 3 players only had access to the stuff EA created, we'd never gotten a Sims 4 honestly. But moreso their core audience is willing to spend money on a simulation where they can customize their character. The Sims apps are all about either waiting real life time or paying for instant access. They don't have that appeal of tap to earn (and spend hours on the game getting ads every 10 screens or so) and pay to win a competition. Glu acquired CrowdStar with Covet Fashion and based on their 2020 presentation they are invested in that and their sports and home decoration games, so I think EA is mostly here to take over KKH so both companies have their own sport and fashion games competing to make the same group of investors money basically. 

Either 
    way, EA's input will surely try to make the game more popular again.
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
  • IrisChanelIrisChanel Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    So will we also get a communities.ea.com homebase now😅

Well i personally think, a business deal during a mercury retrograde goes to a completely different direction afterwards. It’s too early to foresee anything. 
    ♎️♌️
    Here for the fashion!
    You can add me on https://www.facebook.com/irischanel.kkh
    🤗
  • WhatIsRealityWhatIsReality Registered Users, Member 532 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Hopefully EA will involve Kim in the decisions made for the game more 
    Why do I even bother 😒
    It’s official I have SYS anxiety, does anyone else?
    PM me to add me on Facebook 
    #OnStrikeUntilEveryPlayerGets20Videos #EqualTreatmentOfAllPlayers #GreedyAppDevelopersLoseMoney