🗳️❤️SYS 2/22/21 Love Yourself! ❤️

Comments

• RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    Are the hand tattoos gonna be nails? I'd love to see more nail stuff in the future.

I don't like the earnables really, the dress would be prettier as two parts and the hair is more like Avril Lavigne than BHM but I guess that's better than appropiating something for mass appeal.

The leaderboard items are pretty nice. You shouldn't make people compete for the hair, it should be the easiest item to get.
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
  • hotgirlmadyhotgirlmady Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    The fact that the earnable hair it's not POC it's really embarrassing for glu.  :/
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    @KkhElena the first ones are 😍😍😍😍
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    @therealChar I know!! I'm debating which one I should do bc they're just gorgeous🥰
  • hanhanhanhanhanhan Registered Users, Member 153 Posts
    I can’t tell from the photo but is that a hand tattoo or henna?
    hanhanhan said:
    I think a hand tattoo
  • therealsavannahtherealsavannah Registered Users, Member 126 Posts
    jwawawa said:
    Honest and sincere question since this says its about black history month...

First things first, cultural appropriation is not ok. Period, full stop.
    So I read a quote that said something along the lines of "it's not cultural appropriation if you're truly and respectfully appreciating the culture", and I thought that was nice (but I have no culture so not necessarily my vote that matters lol, and I don't know who said the quote in the first place). So in regards to this game, if we're doing a black history month SYS then I feel like submitting a white doll would be wrong when we should be honoring black history. I'm also not black, so submitting a black doll also feels wrong. I guess my thought process is that I wonder if everyone actually styles their doll after themselves or if they style it after what they're attracted to or after a personal hero or some combination? And if we're doing a black history month SYS, then wouldn't it be better to style beautiful black dolls to honor the heritage and cultural range (not my white doll with black skin, but actually black dolls)? 
    Its literally not a hard concept to get we have this same talk everytime.  STOP trying to honor black ppl by turning ur doll black instead maybe uplift the beautiful black dolls on the forum. Its in honor of black history month u do not need to be black to celebrate black history month. 
    (im sorry if my question is offensive or something i just really dont know) But then how can white dolls honor black history if when we use their types of clothing and accs (im not talking about hair and skin color i know thats offensive) its cultural apropriation? I mean, should white dolls even participate on this SYS at all? (again im really sorry i just want to understand and know more about this subject since it really confuses me)
  • stellarspherestellarsphere Registered Users, Member 487 Posts

The hand tattoo kind of reminds me of Rihanna’s 
    💖 Chi | Level 37 | A++ | Free Player | iOS 💖
    ✨ Keep Dyes in Daily Gift Boxes Only ✨

The hand tattoo kind of reminds me of Rihanna’s 
    I HOPE it's gonna look like that. I always had this obsession w those type of hand tattoos (also underboob tattoos lol) but I know they will look totally different
  • thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    (im sorry if my question is offensive or something i just really dont know) But then how can white dolls honor black history if when we use their types of clothing and accs (im not talking about hair and skin color i know thats offensive) its cultural apropriation? I mean, should white dolls even participate on this SYS at all? (again im really sorry i just want to understand and know more about this subject since it really confuses me)
    i really feel like everyone makes this so difficult, when it’s really not. no one said white dolls shouldn’t participate in this sys. you can literally honor culture just by learning about it & appreciate it. these conversations are so frequently had here & we literally have the internet right at our fingertips. it gets exhausting when POCs here have to continuously answer all these questions that can just easily be googled, or are really just common sense.
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    edited February 2021
    I have hand + wrist tattoos irl so I'm hoping I can get the ts tattoos🤞 
    iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
    AmyMimi said:
    I envy you so badly. Always wanted them but I hate needles. My mother still has to come w me to the doctor when I have to get some sort of vaccine
  • haylee7haylee7 Registered Users, Member 483 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    AmyMimi said:
    I envy you so badly. Always wanted them but I hate needles. My mother still has to come w me to the doctor when I have to get some sort of vaccine
    If it helps I totally don’t think of tattoos as needles!! Idk, I didn’t feel like it hurt too bad, and it’s not like getting blood drawn ya know? 😌 it’s more surface level and just the buzzing is kinda loud haha! I definitely don’t like needles, but I don’t mind tats 
  • AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    edited February 2021
    KkhElena said:
    AmyMimi said:
    @KkhElena I’m not a fan of needles either, the last time I had to get blood taken I fainted lol
    I agree with @haylee7, it’s also such a different sensation and because it doesn’t typically look like a needle (more like a pen) I was fine. If your ever thinking of getting one just start small and see how you go 👍😊 and if it makes you feel any better I’m 25 and my mum came with me for all of my tattoos for moral support lol
    iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
  • hanhanhanhanhanhan Registered Users, Member 153 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    hanhanhan said:
    I think a hand tattoo
    thank you! They look so much like the henna style, that would deffo be a cool addition to the game :) would love to see the game honouring various cultures in more ways soon!
  • astaasta Registered Users, Member 669 Posts
    edited February 2021
    does anyone know how the earnables are a part of black history month? i’m not trying to be disrespectful or anything, i’m just curious to know what they’re referencing, so do anyone know?:))

edit: i mean the dress, i understand why people are upset about the hair
  • BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts
    I also have a lot of ink and getting the hand tattoo as an earnable vs TS prize would help me represent my style in this sys :) hope I can get it.
    This inspired me so I tried to make my doll look just like me. One day I’ll buy this face, hair color and leg tattoo bcs this is exactly how I look and this is my dog Buffy. Literally the two of us ❤️

Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
  • BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts
    One more thing I 100% agree the TS hair should be an earnable. I hope that going forward they include more diversity in the game for all to enjoy.
    Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
  • ashleyl23ashleyl23 Registered Users, Member 759 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    AmyMimi said:
    honestly it’s so different i have 5 tattoos but still hate getting shots 💀
    Daily player ☀️ IOS 
    Add me on facebook! 💓
    https://m.facebook.com/ashley.kkh.33 
  • watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    jwawawa said:
    Honest and sincere question since this says its about black history month...

First things first, cultural appropriation is not ok. Period, full stop.
    So I read a quote that said something along the lines of "it's not cultural appropriation if you're truly and respectfully appreciating the culture", and I thought that was nice (but I have no culture so not necessarily my vote that matters lol, and I don't know who said the quote in the first place). So in regards to this game, if we're doing a black history month SYS then I feel like submitting a white doll would be wrong when we should be honoring black history. I'm also not black, so submitting a black doll also feels wrong. I guess my thought process is that I wonder if everyone actually styles their doll after themselves or if they style it after what they're attracted to or after a personal hero or some combination? And if we're doing a black history month SYS, then wouldn't it be better to style beautiful black dolls to honor the heritage and cultural range (not my white doll with black skin, but actually black dolls)? 
    i understand you have good intentions and want to honor black culture during black history month, but making our dolls black would not be a good way to honor them. it would be like... digital blackface. i genuinely don't understand what you're trying to say here.
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socials https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkh 
    Oh and btw thanks for the encouragement guys🥺 I think I'm gonna get a hand tattoo later on this year. Then an underboob one in 2 or 3 yrs 
  • lovejaaylovejaay Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    I'm saying this as someone who finds it uncomfortable when others drastically change (whether it's IRL or in a game) their skintone from something very light to literally something as dark as me (I'm extremely dark IRL). The only reason why I even find it uncomfortable is bc of how they treat my skintone as some kind of outfit or clothing item, it seems just disrespectful. I don't need to be from the LGBTQ+ community to celebrate pride month so I don't see why you need to be black to celebrate black history month
    This makes sense to me though. The part I don’t get is others that get offended for some reason if they change their doll skin tone just because they want. No I don’t see a reason to change it just because it’s black history month
    lovejaay said:
    KkhElena said:
    I'm saying this as someone who finds it uncomfortable when others drastically change (whether it's IRL or in a game) their skintone from something very light to literally something as dark as me (I'm extremely dark IRL). The only reason why I even find it uncomfortable is bc of how they treat my skintone as some kind of outfit or clothing item, it seems just disrespectful. I don't need to be from the LGBTQ+ community to celebrate pride month so I don't see why you need to be black to celebrate black history month
    This makes sense to me though. The part I don’t get is others that get offended for some reason if they change their doll skin tone just because they want. No I don’t see a reason to change it just because it’s black history month
    Bc again it feels like they're using someone else's skintone as an outfit. If it wasn't problematic at all, they wouldn't be asking. Just the same way some people have black friends and ask them if they can say the n word around them. They know that it's problematic but will still ask