🗳️❤️SYS 2/22/21 Love Yourself! ❤️

Comments

• kittykatxkittykatx Registered Users, Member 221 Posts
    Cherrey said:
    Thank you @YoMomma. You are so sweet. Love the positivity you always spread <3
    Literally I just came to post the same thing! @YoMomma please never leave the forum 🥺♥️
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    @YoMomma thank you doll. You're always so positive it brings a smile to my face🥺💜
  • YoMommaYoMomma Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    @Cherrey @kittykatx @KkhElena thank you dolls 😊 that means so much 
  • iamkokoiamkoko Registered Users, Member 349 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    I don't mind considering that I have a really chill groupPlus some extra tickets from the boxes. I had issues w my body and with what I used to wear so this is what I would be wearing if I ever get anything similar 
    I always think this but idk if I’ve ever told you...your doll is stunning! 🤩🤩
  • kkhnolankkhnolan Registered Users, Member 233 Posts
    Is anyone else really bad at voting for looks? It seems like I never choose the popular pick. 😅
    (IOS)
    Add me on Facebook! (KKH Nolan)
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    @iamkoko thanks so much doll💜💜
  • thelilbootythelilbooty Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Emme1216 said:

....see ya'll for spa weekend IG. Hopefully, some of us take the time to learn about black face and respect <3

I really hope people, even if it’s just in this forum  understand that others’ culture is not a costume. Just because there are people who disrespect cultures and traditions, doesn’t mean it’s ok 😞
    The gif is literally this thread summed up 😆
  • GemmaStylesGemmaStyles Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    tortor said:

Some of the comments I have seen on this thread and on others are inexcusable. Some posters are perpetuating so much hate and so much racism and I do not understand how GLU allows this.

There are so many cultures not represented at all in the game, and here you are dividing people into POCs and white people and telling them which items they are and are not allowed to use in the game. If that is not segregation, I don’t know what is!

It is NEVER appropriate to attack someone and tell them they are not part of your community because they disagree with you. It is NEVER ok to ask someone to prove to you that they are a certain race in real life. It is absolutely not ok to speak on behalf of all people because you feel a certain way.

These things you are saying we are not allowed to do are not rules of the world, they are arbitrary rules you made up that you want others to adhere to. I Googled it. Google told me that it is encouraged to have white children get dolls of color to see the beauty in all races. 

Instead of celebrating diversity, you are creating a culture of anger, hate, and division.

looks like we caught one
    Level 45 / Rank A+++
    23 (she/her) / iOS
  • Villa12Villa12 Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Hi I’ve been playing since late December and found bout this forum not to long ago and barely got the courage to make an account. These are my 3 looks and I’ve been going with something I’ve actually wore in real life and makes me feel good about myself but the scores are so low😭. Are they not “cute”? 

And those are the top 3 on my group 🙄. 

• therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    Villa12 said:
    Hi I’ve been playing since late December and found bout this forum not to long ago and barely got the courage to make an account. These are my 3 looks and I’ve been going with something I’ve actually wore in real life and makes me feel good about myself but the scores are so low😭. Are they not “cute”? 

And those are the top 3 on my group 🙄. 

Your looks are stunning sadly these ppl are just using extras to get the hair when they literally shouldnt be hopr ur scores pick up !
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    Roxxxie said:
    Hi! I was lurking and I'm honestly appalled but not surprised by the entitlement of non POC.

And seeing the same people try to stand up for us and explain everything must be tiring, especially since Google is free. So I wanted to say something. 

All my life, I knew I was different. I'm biracial. My momma is a very accepting white woman (European) and my dad is a black man from the Caribbean islands. I grew up in a predominantly white town in Canada.

How would you feel, at the age of 4, if you were told by some of your playground mates that their mom said they couldn't play with you anymore because you were black? Or you have a hair crisis, and hate your natural hair because your hair is curly, whilst everyone else has straight hair? That your lips were too big and nails were too long. That you were too loud and outspoken. Or how your type of hourglass body now has become a sought out trend by North American beauty standards? That all those things people bullied you for became a trend in North America. 

All my life as a kid, I was told that I was ugly, and less than. I was picked on by a huge group of girls in my elementary school. Only to grow up and realize that it wasn't even because I was ugly, it was because I was mixed. And despite saying all of those things, I was actually a part of North American beauty standards. That I actually was beautiful just being me and I didn't need to change myself or feel terrible for my biracial features. That my entire elementary and high school life was filled with racism and jealousy over something I could never control.
    You are beautiful and its been a long journey to self love for black women and mixed women. Sending hugs cause i feel ya on this.
  • Kkh_AnastasiaKkh_Anastasia Registered Users, Member 1,882 Posts
    @Basak @kkhsam i really like your ideas of wearing your favorite outfit and colorful clothes. However i can’t remember what my favorite outfits was 😑😂 
    iOS 📲
    Instagram: kkh_anastasia98
    🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪

• RoxxxieRoxxxie Registered Users, Member 403 Posts
    Thank you @therealChar. You're actually one of the form dolls that made me feel comfortable in my skin in game. You hold a lot of influence to speak out during these types of situations. And I couldn't be any more prouder for the POC in the form community. All the love and well wishes to you and your family. ❤❤
    La pitre résistance!! 🤡
    Proudly Canadian. 🇨🇦
    University student studying law and criminology.👩🏾‍⚖
    Trilingual.🗣
    Facebook: Coming soon.
  • RoxxxieRoxxxie Registered Users, Member 403 Posts
    Anyways, ima head out. I'm going to go back into the coffin that I arisen from. I hope everyone stays safe, and love y'all a bunch. 

La pitre résistance!! 🤡
    Proudly Canadian. 🇨🇦
    University student studying law and criminology.👩🏾‍⚖
    Trilingual.🗣
    Facebook: Coming soon.
  • ashleyyashleyy Registered Users, Member 1,425 Posts
    Hmm interesting how my first 3 looks from this sys and the last one got the exact same score except 1 one point on the 3rd look

Once again not trying to be rude but please talk to us about sys scores, it seems rigged, give players understanding to how it works so the game can be more enjoyable 
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    tortor said:

Some of the comments I have seen on this thread and on others are inexcusable. Some posters are perpetuating so much hate and so much racism and I do not understand how GLU allows this.

There are so many cultures not represented at all in the game, and here you are dividing people into POCs and white people and telling them which items they are and are not allowed to use in the game. If that is not segregation, I don’t know what is!

It is NEVER appropriate to attack someone and tell them they are not part of your community because they disagree with you. It is NEVER ok to ask someone to prove to you that they are a certain race in real life. It is absolutely not ok to speak on behalf of all people because you feel a certain way.

These things you are saying we are not allowed to do are not rules of the world, they are arbitrary rules you made up that you want others to adhere to. I Googled it. Google told me that it is encouraged to have white children get dolls of color to see the beauty in all races. 

Instead of celebrating diversity, you are creating a culture of anger, hate, and division.

Okay I am just shaking my head at this. The first bold part....
    Some white people/dolls MUST be told what they can't wear simply because they are in the wrong. Black hairstyles are not made for white dolls or people period. No explanation should be needed. 

Second bold part...
    You seriously had to Google if it was a rule of the world?!😳🙄 Changing your doll's skin color and using hair that is only meant for poc dolls is NOT the same as kids playing with Barbie dolls of all skin tones. That's like comparing apples and oranges. Kids love all races until they're taught not to. It's a learned behavior, not one you're born with. Continue to use google to get more educated on culture appropriation.

It's wrong on many levels. People want to adapt the hairstyles but don't want the struggles that almost all poc face daily. 

Basically it comes down to this: stop changing your doll's skin tone and stop using black hairstyles if your doll is white. It's not hard to understand! If it bothers me and I'm white, I can't imagine the hurt that poc feel. 😔😔
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
  • GiselleGGiselleG Registered Users, Member 103 Posts

Level 56
    A+++
    iOS
    (
    Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language.)
  • LaLaLolaLaLaLola Registered Users, Member 163 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Anyone else having trouble getting into the game??? I put my looks in at really odd hours and it’s not even letting me in the game at this point 🤔 
    edit: fixed it, almost had a heart attack 
  • MissCristinaMissCristina Registered Users, Member 432 Posts
    So in what outfit do I most successfully love myself?
  • jusadrikkhiosjusadrikkhios Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    @melisaasprilla thank you hun 😇🥰
    @ashleydianem thank you for loving my look. Had a few people dm with it. 😇🥰
    It’s 2021. I can careless who uses what hairstyle in the game. I’ve see all or most ethnic groups wear or have straight, wavy, curly, course, or rock braids...maybe even low cuts. I don’t care about the hairstyles just don’t be like oh it’s ghetto on a poc or ugly but beautiful on someone who’s not a poc. That’s the issue in society today. No one puts their foot down when wrong is wrong. People take from a culture they deemed disgusting, dirty, ghetto & etc and turned whatever it is into something perfect for their people. It’s not right always give credit. Everyone needs to build together as one. Stop with all this hatred in game and off game. People vote for what they are use to on a daily basis. They are closed minded or afraid of branching out from what they where taught. It is everyone’s job to educate them if they don’t understand we’re they went wrong. Yes there are multiple cultures but mind you they don’t care because they don’t have those particular individuals in their circles on a daily basis. Sad and unfortunate but it’s true. 🤷🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️😩