🗳️❤️SYS 2/22/21 Love Yourself! ❤️

Comments

• KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    @jusadrikkhios don't be shy, share the username🥰. Plus last time I checked we could say the same thing about non black people all of a sudden wanting to wear black people's culture
    It's not all of a sudden, this happens every single time they release a black hairstyle. 
  • periimiaperiimia Registered Users, Member 229 Posts
    edited February 2021
    edited February 2021
    periimia said:
    Yes I know they exist but All I am saying if they don’t have that features irl why they re wearing it?I saw them on fb so I know their real features.
    My mom plays this game too and her doll looks nothing like her, she just wants to dress up a cute drawing. Your doll doesn't have to be you

Which is also why I think people come on too strong here when it comes to these topics. I remember when I was a kid/teenager I liked to write stories and when I went on dress up games I'd try to make the characters I created as I envisioned them. So in my opinion to go all out and cry blackface and call people racist because they made a black doll in a game is a bit much. Chances are they're just trying to have fun with clothes
    edited February 2021
    Koakuma said:
    periimia said:
    Yes I know they exist but All I am saying if they don’t have that features irl why they re wearing it?I saw them on fb so I know their real features.
    My mom plays this game too and her doll looks nothing like her, she just wants to dress up a cute drawing. Your doll doesn't have to be you

Which is also why I think people come on too strong here when it comes to these topics. I remember when I was a kid/teenager I liked to write stories and when I went on dress up games I'd try to make the characters I created as I envisioned them. So in my opinion to go all out and cry blackface and call people racist because they made a black doll in a game is a bit much. Chances are they're just trying to have fun with clothes
    periimia said:
    Koakuma said:
    periimia said:

So If I am not a asian-black irl and I am wearing asian eyes.Is that okey for u?I mean I thought asian people may feel bad about this.I am not racist btw.Infect all I am saying we should respect all cultures.
    To me personally it is, but I also think it's okay to use the black hairstyles if you're not black or to make a doll that is a different skin tone than yours so what do I know lol
  • melisaasprillamelisaasprilla Registered Users, Member 191 Posts
    periimia said:
    I really hope white, asian, etc. dolls aren't aiming for the hair in the SYS or future SYS. As someone who is asian, I don't know the feeling of seeing white dolls with black hair, but I can only predict that it feels similar to how I feel when non-asians wear our cultural and traditional clothing that has been altered to look more "sexy" when our cultural garments are traditionally very modest. When others disrespect my culture and traditions, it feels like they're disrespecting me.

With that said, I personally will not be aiming for the hair in SYS and I hope this feeling is shared. In previous SYS, I never aim for the black hairs, because I don't see the point of having access to black hair in my closet, when I'll never have my doll wear it. Some people might have the mentality of getting the items to have it, but to those people: you're taking the opportunity away from black people who want to use the hairstyle from being able to use the hairstyle. Say the hair comes back in a TB box, the probability of someone getting exactly what they want from a TB box is low, honestly close to impossible and all comes down to the game and their luck. 

Also the theme is "love yourself" not "turn your doll into a black doll" so if anyone is or is planning to change their doll's skin tone when it isn't necessary just because they said the theme is for Black History Month... uhhh just follow the theme of "love yourself" and have your doll embrace who you are and what you like. Black History Month isn't a month that gives you a free pass to do blackface and disrespect people. It's really not a difficult topic.
    The thing that I don’t get it why an earth black dolls wearing asian eyes?I saw them before or why they re wearing baby blonde hairs?And I don’t think we should change our skintones black and use it as a costume but at the same time they have to respect other cultures...

You mean this 👆🏽

This babe is fascinating. 😍👆🏽

I hope the photos speak for themselves.😉

• IrisChanelIrisChanel Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    May i kindly ask, because i could not find anywhere else to ask this, what’s the purpose of having a side game?
    ♎️♌️
    Here for the fashion!
    You can add me on https://www.facebook.com/irischanel.kkh
    🤗
    Koakuma said:
    periimia said:
    Koakuma said:
    periimia said:

So If I am not a asian-black irl and I am wearing asian eyes.Is that okey for u?I mean I thought asian people may feel bad about this.I am not racist btw.Infect all I am saying we should respect all cultures.
    To me personally it is, but I also think it's okay to use the black hairstyles if you're not black or to make a doll that is a different skin tone than yours so what do I know lol
    I am not using black hairs or skintones.Also I don’t even have my skintone in the game.I have to use white pinkish skintone so I feel glu should make game more universal.And let black girls have their hairstyles.
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    edited February 2021
    I dont agree at all that dressing up a character to be black is harmless. White ppl have a history of taking from us and we are perceived as ghetto and unprofessional while they are seen has trendy cool hip. Its why so many ppl pay big money to get big lips and butts yet blck women are frowned and looked down on. Ive had too many run ins with features i was made to feel bad about being used cause its popular that my opinion on it 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts
    The dress is fine the score not so much 😂

Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    May i kindly ask, because i could not find anywhere else to ask this, what’s the purpose of having a side game?
    I use a side game as a backup, that’s why I created a side game in the first place.
  • NinishNinish Registered Users, Member 235 Posts
    periimia said:
    I really hope white, asian, etc. dolls aren't aiming for the hair in the SYS or future SYS. As someone who is asian, I don't know the feeling of seeing white dolls with black hair, but I can only predict that it feels similar to how I feel when non-asians wear our cultural and traditional clothing that has been altered to look more "sexy" when our cultural garments are traditionally very modest. When others disrespect my culture and traditions, it feels like they're disrespecting me.

With that said, I personally will not be aiming for the hair in SYS and I hope this feeling is shared. In previous SYS, I never aim for the black hairs, because I don't see the point of having access to black hair in my closet, when I'll never have my doll wear it. Some people might have the mentality of getting the items to have it, but to those people: you're taking the opportunity away from black people who want to use the hairstyle from being able to use the hairstyle. Say the hair comes back in a TB box, the probability of someone getting exactly what they want from a TB box is low, honestly close to impossible and all comes down to the game and their luck. 

Also the theme is "love yourself" not "turn your doll into a black doll" so if anyone is or is planning to change their doll's skin tone when it isn't necessary just because they said the theme is for Black History Month... uhhh just follow the theme of "love yourself" and have your doll embrace who you are and what you like. Black History Month isn't a month that gives you a free pass to do blackface and disrespect people. It's really not a difficult topic.
    The thing that I don’t get it why an earth black dolls wearing asian eyes?I saw them before or why they re wearing baby blonde hairs?And I don’t think we should change our skintones black and use it as a costume but at the same time they have to respect other cultures...

As a natural blonde person, I would never be offended by someone who’s not blonde using a blonde hair color. Being white gives me white privilege and I have never been systematically oppressed for being white. Never has the general consensus been that blonde hair is “dirty” or “trashy” and being blonde has nothing to do with anyone’s culture. Someone who’s not blonde wearing a blonde hair color is not even close to the same thing as non black dolls wearing black hairstyles.
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    Um chilee I thought y'all were done pulling out the excuses but apparently whatever book y'all have, still has many pages to go
    On second thought, I'm gonna wait until the SYS is over before returning here bc the headaches that I'm getting by reading these excuses... worse than when I have to present a math project 
    I also don’t see why people still need to argue that they should be allowed to make their doll black when it suits them. Like why does this upset you so much I literally don’t understand? 
    Multiple POC have spoken out about and explained why this is not okay and how uncomfortable and hurt this makes them feel. You not getting to play digital blackface does not impact you in any way.

Ninish said:
    I also don’t see why people still need to argue that they should be allowed to make their doll black when it suits them. Like why does this upset you so much I literally don’t understand? 
    Multiple POC have spoken out about and explained why this is not okay and how uncomfortable and hurt this makes them feel. You not getting to play digital blackface does not impact you in any way.

Is this question for me? Because if it is, don't worry, I actually am black. I can say my opinion on the matter even if it is a divergent one.
    Koakuma said:
    Ninish said:

Is this question for me? Because if it is, don't worry, I actually am black. I can say my opinion on the matter even if it is a divergent one.
    No this was not directed to you at all!
    I haven't visited the thread for a day so just read through it all, this was more in general for comments I saw from (I think) yesterday!
  • kkhsweetkkhsweet Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    So i‘m kinda new to the forum and my question is, for everyone that is getting so pressed bc they cannot do digital blackface (better yet link us to some old racist stereotype w some SYS) and the ones defending them bc you don’t see that it can easily be an influence to act this way on the outside, why? No I’m really curious as to why you want to invalidate someone else’s feelings and do digital blackface which mostly is seen in specific SYS (that just so happen to also link to racist stereotypes). What kind of satisfaction do you get from this? Maybe I’m just too passionate but really what is the point? Especially in this specific SYS that is about loving yourself and not do digital blackface or the disco SYS in which some people in this forum can be found guilty of changing their doll from white to black and using one of the few afros that are in the game. Do you really think that this is how you show appreciation? Or even respect? Considering that all I’ve seen is a bunch of excuses as to why this is harmless behavior? 
  • kkhsweetkkhsweet Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    We have the internet at our fingertips and you could easily do a little bit of research to where this anger, fear, sadness and disappointment come from yet you want to sit here and do what most L.A influencers do and pull out excuse after excuse as to why this isn’t wrong and you even have the audacity to tell someone that their feelings aren’t valid or that they’re overreacting bc you don’t want to understand them. You’re not even trying to understand and listen to them. You just want to listen to them so that you can reply.
    edited February 2021
    Idkkh said:
    As an Asian person wtf are "Asian eyes"???? Does that just mean "small" to you??? Asia is an entire continent comprised of more than just East Asians. 
       I atleast think they meant monolids bc they're common in Asia or just small in general I think. Idk if I'm even correct w the term bc of how different they are in my own language
  • IdkkhIdkkh Registered Users 67 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    Idkkh said:
    As an Asian person wtf are "Asian eyes"???? Does that just mean "small" to you??? Asia is an entire continent comprised of more than just East Asians. 
       I atleast think they meant monolids bc they're common in Asia or just small in general I think. Idk if I'm even correct w the term bc of how different they are in my own language
    Monolid is the correct term! I still think that person's point is stupid because in this game majority of the eyes you don't even see the crease between lids lol. 

All in all its been qwhite annoying here lately ..... 
    Idkkh said:
    KkhElena said:
    Idkkh said:
    Monolid is the correct term! I still think that person's point is stupid because in this game majority of the eyes you don't even see the crease between lids lol. 

Oh thanks for confirming and yeah none of the eyes really have the crease as you said. Most of them are either somewhat slim or small in general so I also don't know what they meant
  • IdkkhIdkkh Registered Users 67 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    Idkkh said:
    KkhElena said:
    Idkkh said:

Oh thanks for confirming and yeah none of the eyes really have the crease as you said. Most of them are either somewhat slim or small in general so I also don't know what they meant
    It's the same cycle every time.
    1) Why can't my white Doll change my skin/use this hair I'm not racist!
    2) You're being racist for saying I can't!
    3) *drags out something about Asians to prove ????*
    Why aren't they tired??? 
  • bryonycbryonyc Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Idkkh said:
    KkhElena said:
    Idkkh said:
    KkhElena said:
    Idkkh said:

It's the same cycle every time.
    1) Why can't my white Doll change my skin/use this hair I'm not racist!
    2) You're being racist for saying I can't!
    3) *drags out something about Asians to prove ????*
    Why aren't they tired??? 
    Maybe they get some kind of satisfaction. I've seen it happen plenty of times. Discussing or arguing in this case, about racism and then boom they drag another race/minority in their argument as if that is gonna prove their point. Tbh if I were them, I'd be pretty tired. They bring asians in a discussion about black culture as if Asians don't have the same problems w racism and culture appropriation
  • KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,867 Posts
    AmyMimi said:
    @KkhAngelica I’m pretty sure this is you in my ts group 😊💕 good luck and I hope you do well !

OMG HI!!!! Good luck to u too! 💜💜💜 also if this is ur doll, its so pretty 🥰❤️ 
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
    edited February 2021
    I dont agree at all that dressing up a character to be black is harmless. White ppl have a history of taking from us and we are perceived as ghetto and unprofessional while they are seen has trendy cool hip. Its why so many ppl pay big money to get big lips and butts yet blck women are frowned and looked down on. Ive had too many run ins with features i was made to feel bad about being used cause its popular that my opinion on it 🤷🏽‍♀️

Call me dense but I don't see how "no you can't wear it" would help this situation? I'd think it would be the opposite, black hairstyles being more popular would it make it easier for actually black people to live their lives without facing anyone's bullshit. 
    Not the same thing, yeah, I know, but I remember being called a weirdo and a potential school shooter when I was a teenager because of my tastes in media. What shut people up was said media getting popular and therefore hard to make negative associations with.
    I guess that's why I can't really see the point in these types of discussions, it feels counterproductive to keep people apart 
  • rach89rach89 Registered Users, Member 450 Posts
    edited February 2021
    ** oops wrong thread**