🗳️❤️SYS 2/22/21 Love Yourself! ❤️

Comments

• iamkokoiamkoko Registered Users, Member 349 Posts

came across a facebook post on this topic that said “blacks complain about everything”. that one really took me by surprise and upset me. 🥺 we’re constantly having our feeling invalidated and being treated like our feelings are absurd or being told that we’re crazy or being “dramatic and extra” which is what a lot of black women are called when they speak out. why wont you just take our feelings into consideration and listen. it’s honestly tiring saying the same thing over and over again when we get the smallest bit of representation. i wonder if it’s the colonization gene that makes it hard for some of you to be told that something isn’t for you. 😗 i’ve been ridiculed for my features and hair all my life and now it’s become a trend. but when it comes to the struggles black people face irl a lot of you turn a blind eye. our skin is not an accessory for you to use to “match a lipstick color” or “match a look with” honestly, that sentiment is mad weird and i don’t know how y’all don’t see how weird that is. 💀 we will never be free. 

All I can do is send love and empathy ❤️ 
    It’s not exactly the same, but I’m a white American living in Japan, and I feel like I have experienced some (albeit a very small fraction) of what POC go through in “diverse” countries. People will make often rude comments about my nose or eyes or body shape, but then Japanese women wear color contacts and get plastic surgery. It’s even worse for Black women here. And we do complain because it isn’t fair. But people don’t realize why what they’re doing is not right. 

I know this isn’t the same as being Black in America or Europe or where ever, but I do feel for you. I hope one day we get passed this and can learn to respect each other. I hope we can all learn to acknowledge each other’s struggles. Anyway, that’s my two cents. Keep fighting for what’s right and know some of us are standing under you lifting you up. ❤️ 
  • meritedkkhmeritedkkh Registered Users, Member 673 Posts

i think i found @TrashleyKKH 💕
  • deliqhteddeliqhted Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    It’s ultimately just plain sad that instead of just understanding and acknowledging how many people are being hurt by y’all’s comments and actions, you make a whole argument back at us. It could be so simple as “Oh, I didn’t know this was wrong and that its a form of racism and blackface! I apologize and I’ll stop!” No. It’s just “You guys scream racism at everything!” “Shouldn’t all cultures be shared?” “Its just a paper doll!” Stop making excuses. You’re being antiblack as heck you just don’t want to admit it or in denial.
  • LadyLauraLadyLaura Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Hi, Guys! I'm new to the forum but I've been a lurker for quite some time now. I do not mean to offend anyone or to invalidate anyone's feelings, nor am I taking any particular stand on the matter at this point. I'd merely like to ask you a question in order to understand you better. The need to respect other people's cultures is, to me, indisputable. I can see how someone's changing the features of their doll to match an outfit can be painful to some of you and, although I haven't done that myself, I'm still sorry that you have to feel like this. I can also easily understand the feeling of injustice caused by seeing people of a different race being praised for hairstyles or other choices for which you yourselves were ridiculed. I am aware of the many years of injustice and the shameful history of racism. In this light, the subject of your discussion is doubtlessly a complex and also a delicate matter. But I've been wondering. Do you suggest that everyone's doll should look exactly as that person does in real life or else it will be offensive and hurtful? Or that a doll once created cannot be changed for aesthetic reasons, since race is not about aesthetics? (Again, these are honest questions, I'm not implying anything at this point but I truly want to hear your opinion and understand you better.)
  • SunflowerBabeSunflowerBabe Registered Users, Member 152 Posts
    iamkoko said:

came across a facebook post on this topic that said “blacks complain about everything”. that one really took me by surprise and upset me. 🥺 we’re constantly having our feeling invalidated and being treated like our feelings are absurd or being told that we’re crazy or being “dramatic and extra” which is what a lot of black women are called when they speak out. why wont you just take our feelings into consideration and listen. it’s honestly tiring saying the same thing over and over again when we get the smallest bit of representation. i wonder if it’s the colonization gene that makes it hard for some of you to be told that something isn’t for you. 😗 i’ve been ridiculed for my features and hair all my life and now it’s become a trend. but when it comes to the struggles black people face irl a lot of you turn a blind eye. our skin is not an accessory for you to use to “match a lipstick color” or “match a look with” honestly, that sentiment is mad weird and i don’t know how y’all don’t see how weird that is. 💀 we will never be free. 

It’s not exactly the same, but I’m a white American living in Japan, and I feel like I have experienced some (albeit a very small fraction) of what POC go through in “diverse” countries. People will make often rude comments about my nose or eyes or body shape, but then Japanese women wear color contacts and get plastic surgery. It’s even worse for Black women here. And we do complain because it isn’t fair. But people don’t realize why what they’re doing is not right. 

I know this isn’t the same as being Black in America or Europe or where ever, but I do feel for you. I hope one day we get passed this and can learn to respect each other. I hope we can all learn to acknowledge each other’s struggles. Anyway, that’s my two cents. Keep fighting for what’s right and know some of us are standing under you lifting you up. ❤️ 
    If you’re trying to say you’ve experienced reverse racism, let me stop you right there and leave you with this to sit and chew on. 

I’m aware it says “In Canada[...],” it’s just because I’m Canadian and this is from my local Civil Liberties website. So despite that, this still holds true for Americans.

• brom617brom617 Registered Users, Member 559 Posts
    I think I found @BooskiBabii in the voting booth earlier today! Gorgeous look! 
  • kikikhaddskikikhadds Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I haven’t been into the forum in a while... and part of it does have to do with the overall energy shift of the forum from the constant convos about racial ignorance and Glu’s choices with the game.... I’ve been lurking occasionally for inspo and that’s gone down dramatically on here too. My highest score so far has been 45 🥴 but I just felt the need to comment because it’s crazy how this thread just became full of people making excuses and missing all the points....... I really don’t get how many times this conversation has to be had on here and it’s always people with a “but...” I feel for all my girls on here trying to get others to understand with so much patience... because I know it’s tiring and it’s tiring to read. And even worse because this convo doesn’t just happen here.... we have to have it in real life too. A lot. 

If you’re not black don’t make a black doll. It’s simple. Don’t change your doll’s skin to fit a “theme” or go with an aesthetic. It’s stereotypical. It’s giving costume. That you think can just be interchangeable because you’re creating “characters” or you want it to look like someone you know. Don’t use hair textures that would never be in your actual hair wheelhouse.... if you’d never have type 4 hair in actuality why use it in a game? It looks like a caricature and is definitely not appreciation. It’s weird... Just put those hairstyles in the storage closet. Idk I just feel like this argument could be so simple... just don’t. Don’t use dark skin tones and Afro-specific hairstyles if that’s not at all who you really are. Straight hair, blonde and other colors aren’t race or culturally specific at all and I’m tired of seeing this rebuttal because again still justifying ignorance. And the saddest part of this entire argument is now the gaslighting is starting and speaking up on what makes you uncomfortable means you’re complaining and being dramatic................................. I wish people could hear themselves saying “but I want to do this” totally blocking out the masses of people telling them “uh no you shouldn’t because it’s offensive” LOL
              ✨ iOS level 46 A+++✨
                           🇳🇬 🇹🇹 🇺🇸 

edited February 2021
    iamkoko said:

If you’re trying to say you’ve experienced reverse racism, let me stop you right there and leave you with this to sit and chew on. 

I’m aware it says “In Canada[...],” it’s just because I’m Canadian and this is from my local Civil Liberties website. So despite that, this still holds true for Americans.

Oh I’m definitely not. I don’t think it’s racism at all, which is why I didn’t say that. I was trying to say I think I and many people have experienced some negative reactions to our appearances, and that you would think we could all make the jump that doing that to POC is not right. There is way more history to discrimination against POC which I 100% acknowledge. 

Even being a “visual minority,” I have massive privilege in Japan. But it is annoying for people to like your appearance but not you. It is not the same as what is happening to POC dolls here. I was just trying to offer maybe a different perspective for the people who keep doing these kinds of things with the hair/skin tone in game. I hope this makes sense.
  • IdkkhIdkkh Registered Users 67 Posts

Lol this Zendaya look recreation is my highest score so far. But I've missed tickets so 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • MariahkateMariahkate Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    First look since updating my game, soon after I submitted I got one vote and now it’s stuck on 4 for almost 30 minutes.. anyone else having voting problems? 

• SunflowerBabeSunflowerBabe Registered Users, Member 152 Posts
    iamkoko said:
    iamkoko said:

Oh I’m definitely not. I don’t think it’s racism at all, which is why I didn’t say that. I was trying to say I think I and many people have experienced some negative reactions to our appearances, and that you would think we could all make the jump that doing that to POC is not right. There is way more history to discrimination against POC which I 100% acknowledge. 

Even being a “visual minority,” I have massive privilege in Japan. But it is annoying for people to like your appearance but not you. It is not the same as what is happening to POC dolls here. I was just trying to offer maybe a different perspective for the people who keep doing these kinds of things with the hair/skin tone in game. I hope this makes sense.
    That definitely makes sense, I think it was just the wording. I’m sorry you had to experience shaming though, that’s not okay and never is. I appreciate you being any ally though and trying to offer that perspective to make it more understandable.
    @SunflowerBabe yeah sorry. I’m not good at talking most of the time haha

I teach in Japan and try to expose my students to diverse stories etc, so when they say something weird about how people look I always say “do you like when people say things about your appearance or judge you?” 

But I think adults can learn from that too. So I was trying to share that it sucks when people judge me but I know it’s so much worse for POC in North America and around the world. “So let’s think about that.” Kinda thing. But I’m always willing to learn so thank you for sharing 💕💕
  • e_corvoe_corvo Registered Users, Member 434 Posts
    I have only one black doll in my ts and she is in 20 place and the top 10 are massive tb 🤡 this is not a clownery, this is full circus. 

~ iOS player since 2014
    ~ English is not my first language. Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

• meritedkkhmeritedkkh Registered Users, Member 673 Posts

found @LindaVB 💕
  • LaLaLolaLaLaLola Registered Users, Member 163 Posts
    Idkkh said:

Lol this Zendaya look recreation is my highest score so far. But I've missed tickets so 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Your doll is absolutely gorgeous 😍 im totally 100% jealous of how pretty she is and that nose blush she’s rockin 💕
  • JulietaluciaJulietalucia Registered Users, Member 380 Posts
    Is this doll here in the forum? She’s been blessing my TS group with her looks 😍 so gorgeous

• pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Is this doll here in the forum? She’s been blessing my TS group with her looks 😍 so gorgeous

She looks a lot like @ronniev but It might not be her
    edit: I checked a post of hers, turns out her ts name is Kendall so it probably is her.
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    This was a few hours ago but I think I spotted @ashleyy

• ashleyyashleyy Registered Users, Member 1,425 Posts

Yes that was me ty for spotting me 💙 that look gave me a 34 😬 @pristineperson
  • violettaelliotviolettaelliot Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    ashleyy said:

Yes that was me ty for spotting me 💙 that look gave me a 34 😬 @pristineperson
    You look so gorgeous! Where's that dress and hair from?
  • AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    Amy136602 said:

Found the beautiful @AmandaMKkh and I think @AmyMimi love the outfits 😍💕 (Both of you were the popular vote! 😊)
    thank you for spotting and voting me @Amy136602 ♥️✨
    unfortunately this look only got me 40 votes 🙄
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• BasakBasak Registered Users, Member 1,215 Posts
    i believe i spotted @Basak

Awww yes, that’s my doll ♥️ Tysm for recognizing! UwU

🌼

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Daily player on iOS! 
    85 level also A+++
    Instagram gameplay account: basak_kkh
    If you want to be friends, you can add me here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100039524040997
  • ashleyyashleyy Registered Users, Member 1,425 Posts
    @violettaelliot ty 💓 it’s from the new diamond collection that came out with the update today
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    @meritedkkh that is not me but weirdly that is what I wore two days ago??? But the doll is major pretty. You go doppelgänger me and get all the votes. 
    IOS Player 
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    @YoMomma your looks are absolutely gorgeous ❤️ And I am in love with the last one. I think I am going to start saving diamonds for that ponytail and glasses ✨
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • YoMommaYoMomma Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    @SassyVoguette thank you hun! The hair and glasses are totally worth it. You’ll look even more gorgeous 💕💕
  • NikarafNikaraf Registered Users, Member 1,994 Posts

Highest score so far. 
    Been actively playing since October 2020. 
    IOS free player / level 42
    Be kind to others 🤍