🗳️🎸 SYS 3/11/21 o SYS RockStar (Turn up your Amp and Wail) 🎤

Comments

• Kween_of_the_KastleKween_of_the_Kastle Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    What part of my response was nasty? 🤔
  • Stanislav1103Stanislav1103 Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    What part of my response was nasty? 🤔
    I wasn't talking about you. Not everything is personally addressed. I was saying that there's no need for this. A girl said on Facebook and I loved it "culture is like love , if you share it , it gets bigger! " ❤
  • FarahxKKHFarahxKKH Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    @Stanislav1103, when you didn't get the black friday discount literally every doll on here came to your defense. Please respect the feelings of others when so many have respected yours when you had something negative happen to you 
    Here's the thing, I am not being disrespectful. The girl attacked Farah for using curly hair. I don't agree with that. We're not offending anyone and I am as far from racist as I could be! I have a different point of view, since I collect dolls irl and for me the game is that- a virtual doll. I collect dolls from all different cultures and parts of the world and for me admiring all skin tones and hair styles is not a racism. If they're available in the game , it's because it's for all of us to enjoy them. It's the same with real life dolls! A white girl could and should play with dolls from all races and vice versa. This is no different to me. That's how we learn and expand our horizons. No need to get offended, considering this is a Kim Kardashian game ,and Kim herself was accused of cultural appropriation several times. No one is trying to hurt anyone's feelings. We're here to admire and enjoy diversity! Not to close our minds and be nasty for no reason! 
    Well said Stani, We did not try to hurt anyone, or offend anyone or make fun of any culture or any doll, she is the one who decided to come up with my post which was originally on facebook and make a fuss about it for no reason! a doll just told me a quote and I thought it would be nice if I share it with you maybe by then, you would understand me "culture is like love, when you spread it, it gets bigger" . If you still think that sharing sys inspo for both all dolls was not correct, then you can say whatever you want after this comment, I won't say anything more about this again, Thank you all <3

• VidhiVidhi Registered Users, Member 195 Posts
    @FarahxKKH rockstar isnt an excuse to use poc hair styles lets not do that.

I'm sure this is American thing but braids originate from ancient Egypt and Farah is literally Egyptian. It's also a traditional practice in South Asia where Hindu sadhus have had dreadlocks for thousands of years till date and even till a decade ago, women would not be allowed to leave their homes without braided hair. You all should probably get some history lessons or learn about other cultures 
    This is soo true. I am Indian and yogis( people who meditate) have dreadlocks. This is still present and it is going on from thousands of years. Even many priests and there family members have it, it is supposed to show a sign of respect and means we have let go of worldly pleasure. Girls have to braid their hair as soon as we start going to school, as it is a part of uniform. Most of the elder women in my family have braids. Braids and other hairstyles are not just American. Americans need to understand there is a whole world outside America. Thank you for reading this. Lets respect everyone and every culture. 
  • mirthemirthe Registered Users, Member 338 Posts
    What??? We can use whatever hair, skin tone and face features we want! We can change, play with it and it's our own choice! Why are you people getting offended by LITERALLY EVERYTHING??? 
    P.S. Great job with the inspo Farah!!! 
    white people never learn do they... they think they're above everything and other cultures are just glorified closets that they can pick and choose what they want from without with any regard for what those things actually mean or represent for the people they were meant for
    I understand the frustration of white people using poc hair and darker skin tones when they think it fits the theme better and I 100% agree that that’s not ok. But please don’t say that all white people are the same because that’s everything but true. There also are a lot of white people who totally understand the pain and frustration some black people are going through because of things like this. It really makes me sad if that’s the way black people think of white people. And again, I totally understand that some things in this game are everything but ok and I totally agree that white people/dolls shouldn’t use anything that’s only meant for black dolls.
    English is not my first language✨
    iOS✨
  • badamsbadams Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    Whenever the topic of poc hair comes up, I never want to interject just because it’s not my place. After reading over the forum posts today, I do feel like someone needs to bring light on what @FarahxKKH is trying to get across. In posting the looks, in no way did she say that these were looks that she was submitting. These looks are for inspiration for dolls of all enthenicties. Her goal was to be all-inclusive so that a person of either race had inspiration to drawl from. 

• IdkkhIdkkh Registered Users 67 Posts
    Ooh y'all I got bingo!!!! And the SYS didn't even start yet.

B: I'm not racist! Its a doll! I love all cultures, I'm just expressing it!
    I: *You people* get offended over everything! Relax!!! I'm not Rayyyyyyycisssssttttttttt
    N: You are literally targeting me for no reason!!!! 
    G: *centers self in discussion and discounting others lived experiences*
    O: YOU GUYS are the ones with closed minds, how can we celebrate diversity if we can't change our skin colour and features??? 
  • serenity___serenity___ Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    If its not appropriate if in real life then it should not be appropriate in a game. A lot of people use blackness as an accessory when it shouldn’t be that way. Yes the game allows you to be who you want when it comes to to skin tone and hair styles but does that mean you should be able to use them. I don’t think so. I’m black so I use a doll that looks like me for the most part. The hairstyles and outfits may differ but skin tone will stay the same. Being real to myself is what I like to regardless if it’s a game or not. At the end of the day people are going to agree or disagree just wanted to state my opinion. I started to come on this forum to see beautiful dolls as well as to talk to people who are into this game like I am. Hope I can continue to 💙
  • SDC93SDC93 Registered Users, Member 1,167 Posts

Tell me I didn’t waste 110 k stars in champagne dye when my collections refreshed lol. I wish it was VIP because I would spin again honestly lol
  • serenity___serenity___ Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    Just FYI - you don’t have to change your skin tone to fit a theme/ SYS . 😉
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    This many replies, I thought the sys had started already
  • IdkkhIdkkh Registered Users 67 Posts
    mirthe said:
    What??? We can use whatever hair, skin tone and face features we want! We can change, play with it and it's our own choice! Why are you people getting offended by LITERALLY EVERYTHING??? 
    P.S. Great job with the inspo Farah!!! 
    white people never learn do they... they think they're above everything and other cultures are just glorified closets that they can pick and choose what they want from without with any regard for what those things actually mean or represent for the people they were meant for
    I understand the frustration of white people using poc hair and darker skin tones when they think it fits the theme better and I 100% agree that that’s not ok. But please don’t say that all white people are the same because that’s everything but true. There also are a lot of white people who totally understand the pain and frustration some black people are going through because of things like this. It really makes me sad if that’s the way black people think of white people. And again, I totally understand that some things in this game are everything but ok and I totally agree that white people/dolls shouldn’t use anything that’s only meant for black dolls.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you didn't have any malicious intent behind the bolded statement but I want to let you know why it's problematic. 

Listen everyone speaks on generalities and if it doesn't apply to YOU (individually) then let it fly. Saying "please don't say all white people are the same" is redundant because that courtesy is never extended to BIPOC. 

You have to take into account the serious, long lasting effects that colonialism and slavery have impacted billions of people. People like to act like that was all 1000s of years ago when it's not. We are still seeing the effects of that harm today! Think about segregation, the Japanese internment camps, the purposeful introduction of heroin and other drugs into Black communities, the way when any minority group starts being even the slightest advantageous their cities are burnt down or dismantled. The Chinese people that built America's railroads and were then killed because the white government didn't want to fulfil their promises of citizenship. The last presidency in America. I mean...look at what Meghan Markle is going through right now! And then in a microsense the near biweekly insistence of using Black features and hairstyles. 
  • mirthemirthe Registered Users, Member 338 Posts
    @Idkkh I’m truly sorry if it came out a negative way because that’s everything that I didn’t want to happen. What I was trying to say is that I really hope that people also notice that there are many white people who are against the changing skin colour and poc hairstyles when it ‘fits the theme better’. I understand really well that those bad things still happen and I feel awful about that. I think I might have understood the ‘white people never learn’ wrong and I’m sorry if that happened. I don’t want anyone to think that all white people are the same because I just don’t think that’s true.
    English is not my first language✨
    iOS✨
  • melisaasprillamelisaasprilla Registered Users, Member 191 Posts
    The actual post is on the Facebook platform. Apparently many are in the group, so why comes to rant in this thread?.
    So. Good luck to you all.  and that our scores are decent.
    @FarrackOnly 35 minutes to go.  So I look forward to your 45+ post as always. 😉
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts

I'm sure this is American thing but braids originate from ancient Egypt and Farah is literally Egyptian. It's also a traditional practice in South Asia where Hindu sadhus have had dreadlocks for thousands of years till date and even till a decade ago, women would not be allowed to leave their homes without braided hair. You all should probably get some history lessons or learn about other cultures 
    I'm pretty sure that POC includes Egyptian tho. I mean y'all love to scream we should get educated but will gloss over everything we try to educate you for. And no this isn't an only American thing. Black person here who was bullied bc of her braids both in Germany and Italy

I would also like to add that I never use POC hair on my doll out of respect for Black dolls. But don't go losing it. Humanity is fascinating because we have so much in common despite so many differences. There are many cultures which use braids and have been using it for centuries, not only Black people. Even though it's part of my culture, I don't use it because I'm now apparently not allowed to claim it as part of my culture because someone else has and they refuse to learn what my culture is but I should learn theirs and sympathize.
    POC literally is anything that isn't white. I highly doubt that if u don't specify where you are from, people will automatically know where you're from and nobody is saying that you can't claim it as yours but really can we stop the lowkey shade/self victimizing every single f time that a black person tells you stop stereotyping them to a specific SYS?
    I come here for inspo and people who weren't even in the conversation bring in their race and act as if we were attacking them personally. Like sh*t some of y'all really forgot that POC means literally anything that isn't white and y'all be bringing the 'in my country this and that and them' ( and yes I'm talking about specific posts that brought in their 2 cents when talking about black and white and African culture in general)like comparing 2 countries is like comparing day and night sometimes. It's really ridiculous the fact that some of you wanna invalidate others feelings and be like 'you're the one who's choosing to be offended❤ and if u don't like it go❤' like b*tch tell that to a black person irl and let's see if u don't get smacked😭. Like goils it's embarrassing how y'all be telling a black person how to feel someone be treating them as an accessory and using the fact that you're also a POC to invalidate them like ok babe. You do you
    edited March 2021
    Nah I thought this sh*t was gonna start in a few weeks when there's gonna  be a POC hairstyle in a SYS but y'all be clowning over here even before that and acting as if stopping the gatekeeping (that literally f started bc black people wanted to protect what's theirs and what they have shared w other races) is gonna stop racism as if racism started bc of that😭 y'all be wanting that reward so bad w/o putting in the effort of listening to LISTEN😭
    edited March 2021
    And if u can't really make an argument and reply to me why LOL the post girlies?
  • ashleydianemashleydianem Registered Users, Member 1,357 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Edit: resolved