🗳️🎸 SYS 3/11/21 o SYS RockStar (Turn up your Amp and Wail) 🎤

Comments

• RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    I don't understand why the SYS box has like 2 Cottagecore looks? 
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
  • ShayShigilShayShigil Registered Users, Member 337 Posts
    @KalindaKing can the team please look into the IOS glitch? All week my SYS constantly glitches and doesn’t let me view my looks, they completely disappear, my TS group disappears, and then sometimes I can’t even open the SYS event. 
  • IdkkhIdkkh Registered Users 67 Posts
    abasili93 said:
    abasili93 said:
    KkhElena said:
    @FarahxKKH rockstar isnt an excuse to use poc hair styles lets not do that.

I'm sure this is American thing but braids originate from ancient Egypt and Farah is literally Egyptian. It's also a traditional practice in South Asia where Hindu sadhus have had dreadlocks for thousands of years till date and even till a decade ago, women would not be allowed to leave their homes without braided hair. You all should probably get some history lessons or learn about other cultures 
    I'm pretty sure that POC includes Egyptian tho. I mean y'all love to scream we should get educated but will gloss over everything we try to educate you for. And no this isn't an only American thing. Black person here who was bullied bc of her braids both in Germany and Italy
    @KkhElena I'm sorry but the more you are trying to "educate us" the more seems like you actually feel legittimate to blame others for their racist (???) behaviour and offend them for "not being educated". And this is disrespectful too. Mostly because you cannot understand a cultural problem (within a continent different from mine) just by "googling" it. If you want to educate us, I'm all for it! But I'm sure you could do it without calling anyone ignorant or disrespectful for the skintone of a virtual doll, but kindly and gently.
    Nah this dont sit right with me at all no one needs to "kindly" educate yall when ur the ignorant ones being the most extra when someone tells and educates u about ur problematic comments and the backhanded condescending tone that you have going on is not flying right here. 
    @therealChar It is not backhanded nor condescending. It is called education. I've remained silent for so long and now I'm just trying to share my opinion in an educate manner, things that you never attempt to do. I'm not gonna answer to you anymore cause I don't want to speak with people that don't want to hear and I don't deserve your arrogance and disrespect. And I'm gonna leave the forum if this is going to be the mood for all the sys discussions, so you will be free ti continue to disrespect people for "disrespecting" you 🙃
    Can you hear how ignorant and entitled you sound? 
  • iqrahussain06iqrahussain06 Registered Users, Member 91 Posts
    Really wanted an item 😭 but at least it’s not dye I guess. I’ve never won a ticket before. Can I save the ticket and use it for another sys event or do I have to use it during this event? 
    mirthe said:
    @Idkkh I’m truly sorry if it came out a negative way because that’s everything that I didn’t want to happen. What I was trying to say is that I really hope that people also notice that there are many white people who are against the changing skin colour and poc hairstyles when it ‘fits the theme better’. I understand really well that those bad things still happen and I feel awful about that. I think I might have understood the ‘white people never learn’ wrong and I’m sorry if that happened. I don’t want anyone to think that all white people are the same because I just don’t think that’s true.
    I get it no need to apologize but it's appreciated. I'm sure people notice the members who don't co-opt Black features when they play buts it not like they're gonna preface that with a list of credits of people who don't you know? 

Besides the people who do do that usually announce themselves anyways lol
  • emmaissonemmaisson Registered Users, Member 834 Posts

First 2 looks! 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Madison101Madison101 Registered Users, Member 309 Posts
    edited March 2021
    @iqrahussain06 I’m pretty sure you can save the tickets for as long as you want, just like tickets that you can buy with actual money.

Edit:  Grammar
    Level 29
    iOS
    ✨💖
  • maniyamaniya Registered Users, Member 132 Posts

The fact that only one of the new items is there.... after I get the diamonds this sys I’ll spin again I really want that tambourine 😥😥
  • rosalieisboringrosalieisboring Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    first 2 looks 🤞🏼 i dont have any matching hand helds hahah

• RomakiRomaki Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    Not to go back to an old discussion, but I just wanna say that you're not being respectful when you LOL someone's comment calls out racism and the likes. PoC have explained over and over again why they're hurt by their features being used as throwaway advantages to do better in certain SYS, stop trying to explain away your lack of empathy towards them. If you were sorry you would change your behavior. ❤
    Android - Level 55 - A+++ - 07/2014
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    abasili93 said:
    KkhElena said:

I'm sure this is American thing but braids originate from ancient Egypt and Farah is literally Egyptian. It's also a traditional practice in South Asia where Hindu sadhus have had dreadlocks for thousands of years till date and even till a decade ago, women would not be allowed to leave their homes without braided hair. You all should probably get some history lessons or learn about other cultures 
    I'm pretty sure that POC includes Egyptian tho. I mean y'all love to scream we should get educated but will gloss over everything we try to educate you for. And no this isn't an only American thing. Black person here who was bullied bc of her braids both in Germany and Italy
    @KkhElena I'm sorry but the more you are trying to "educate us" the more seems like you actually feel legittimate to blame others for their racist (???) behaviour and offend them for "not being educated". And this is disrespectful too. Mostly because you cannot understand a cultural problem (within a continent different from mine) just by "googling" it. If you want to educate us, I'm all for it! But I'm sure you could do it without calling anyone ignorant or disrespectful for the skintone of a virtual doll, but kindly and gently.
    I'm sorry where did I offend you? Where in that specific statement did I ever call any of you ignorant? I would be calling you ignorant if u simply didn't try to understand and would be arrogant about it too but yeah googling can be actually good. I don't live in America yet by doing a few Google research, reading others experiences and listening to them actually helped. People get tired from having to explain to you why something is disrespectful and the most tactful thing that you could do is simply do a Google research. The nice and kind approach hasn't worked bc this discussion is still happening whether it's outside the forum or inside and w all due respect I am slowly losing my patience and hope. Not blaming you for others ignorance but if you feel called out or guilty after my and others statement then that's not my fault. I can speak for many that I'm tired of repeating things especially in the nice tone. Not even a teacher would need to repeat the same thing over 100x times  so I don't see why I should
  • MucoMuco Registered Users, Member 138 Posts

Also I thought I did both screenshots but nope. The rest of my box were dyes and  2 extra tickets! Luck was on my side this time, not gotta challenge it again. 
    Really wanted the mic, wasn’t a part of my first box.. Glu, at least give us an option to win the whole outfit when we open the box in the start. Ridiculous! 
    abasili93 said:
    KkhElena said:

And if it's disrespectful it is. I get it that some of you would like to use a darker skintone and connect it to a specific SYS but it's not necessary nor respectfully or appreciated. Even one of the moderators had to jump in and say it
  • abasili93abasili93 Registered Users 331 Posts
    Idkkh said:
    abasili93 said:
    abasili93 said:
    KkhElena said:

Nah this dont sit right with me at all no one needs to "kindly" educate yall when ur the ignorant ones being the most extra when someone tells and educates u about ur problematic comments and the backhanded condescending tone that you have going on is not flying right here. 
    @therealChar It is not backhanded nor condescending. It is called education. I've remained silent for so long and now I'm just trying to share my opinion in an educate manner, things that you never attempt to do. I'm not gonna answer to you anymore cause I don't want to speak with people that don't want to hear and I don't deserve your arrogance and disrespect. And I'm gonna leave the forum if this is going to be the mood for all the sys discussions, so you will be free ti continue to disrespect people for "disrespecting" you 🙃
     No, i don't. Would you explain to me? 🙃 @idkkh
    FB Player since 2015 - Android since 2020 🌙
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    English is not my first language 🇮🇹
    @Stanislav1103 girl if u wanna disagree and be disrespectful. Do it with your chest and stop lolling at people who are being serious bc of your own selfish reasons of wanting to use a skintone as an accessory
  • therealsavannahtherealsavannah Registered Users, Member 126 Posts
    This SYS will be me trying to recreate Miley’s outfits! 🎶🎸
    This hair is absolutely EVERYTHING! Where is it from?
    abasili93 said:
    Idkkh said:
    abasili93 said:
    abasili93 said:
    KkhElena said:

Let me explain it to you why you're sounding like the most entitled stereotypical L.A influenced. You're getting offended bc we're educating you and some trying to be more calm than others. You're sounding entitled bc you're not listening and girl you can say that you're listening and trying to understand all you want but you're not. Like a hella lot of people in here who pretend that they're trying to honor black people by stereotyping them into specific SYS. You CAN understand another continent problem by doing research and considering that we have this discussion every month, you're simply refusing to listen at this point. Char is being as you say 'rude'bc she's tired. Like the rest of us. Having to explain a problem over and over again bc some of you are just that selfish that you need to come up w some excuses about why you're using black features in specific SYS that I'm pretty sure we all know which ones I'm talking about. I don't know how else to help you and the others who are at this point choosing to be ignorant.
    abasili93 said:
    Idkkh said:
    abasili93 said:
    abasili93 said:
    KkhElena said:

Sure! My self-awareness course is 100$, Learning Empathy 200$, and the histories of colonialism are several semesters and they are 1000$ per. Do you prefer PayPal or Venmo? 
    edited March 2021
    KkhElena said:
    abasili93 said:
    KkhElena said:

I'm sorry where did I offend you? Where in that specific statement did I ever call any of you ignorant? I would be calling you ignorant if u simply didn't try to understand and would be arrogant about it too but yeah googling can be actually good. I don't live in America yet by doing a few Google research, reading others experiences and listening to them actually helped. People get tired from having to explain to you why something is disrespectful and the most tactful thing that you could do is simply do a Google research. The nice and kind approach hasn't worked bc this discussion is still happening whether it's outside the forum or inside and w all due respect I am slowly losing my patience and hope. Not blaming you for others ignorance but if you feel called out or guilty after my and others statement then that's not my fault. I can speak for many that I'm tired of repeating things especially in the nice tone. Not even a teacher would need to repeat the same thing over 100x times  so I don't see why I should
    @KkhElena Nah girl i didn't say you did offend me, cause you didn't. I'm offended by being called backhanded when I'm trying to share my opinion in a democratic way. I'm not feeling called out by your comments (never changed my skin color and used the POC hairy only before you shared your opinion about them) but I'm sharing my perception of what is going on on the forum. I come here once or twice a day for the spoilers and I always read Pages and Pages of ferocious discussions on cultural appropriation. I've done my researches and got educated the better I could by googling them but I feel they're not enough to understand it 100%. If you have some lectures for me to read more on the phenomenon, I would be happy to read It (and I'm saying It without shadiness or else). And I prefer not to be liked for a kind and gentle approach than for an arrogant one. I never defended dolls changing their skin colors and using POC hair because I think it's disrespectful if can hurt POC people. I totally understand your anger and I think it is legitimate. I would just love to be in a forum where opinions are just not black or white. I've never said I defend racist behavior even in a virtual game, I've just said that I can't fully comprehend it but if a behavior is disrespectful then I don't have to fulfill it. It's really clear. I just found it heavy to came here once a day for discussing this even when something happens on Facebook. It's going to be an endless war.
    Anyway, I am really sorry if I hurt someone's feelings. The "ignorant" and "backhanded" adjectives surely hurted mines.

Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
  • katiekittykatiekitty Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    https://youtu.be/k18YRSknhTw Not sure if posting links is allowed, but here’s a video called “Why the ‘it’s just hair’ debate falls flat: a history of black women’s hair in America”
    I feel more educated about this issue now, and I wanted to share since watching this can help non-POC people with the understanding of this issue x
  • kkhsweetkkhsweet Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Idkkh said:
    abasili93 said:
    Idkkh said:
    abasili93 said:
    abasili93 said:
    KkhElena said:

Sure! My self-awareness course is 100$, Learning Empathy 200$, and the histories of colonialism are several semesters and they are 1000$ per. Do you prefer PayPal or Venmo? 
    I should be charging my class too now that I think about it lol. The amount of times they asked me about my culture and if I’ve been offended in person. I should charge them actually. That could be a good business idea... imma update you tmr after class
    edited March 2021
    @KkhElena I don't even know what LA influenced means. I'm freaking Italian.
    Level 74 - 1st A+++ ✨
    kkhsweet said:
    Idkkh said:
    abasili93 said:
    Idkkh said:
    abasili93 said:
    abasili93 said:
    KkhElena said:

I should be charging my class too now that I think about it lol. The amount of times they asked me about my culture and if I’ve been offended in person. I should charge them actually. That could be a good business idea... imma update you tmr after class
    Do it girl! This emotional labour should not be free. And if they try to use you and your experience as a token then get some coins from them!! 
  • MissMissy0717MissMissy0717 Registered Users, Member 245 Posts

I’m just ✨living✨ for the earnables omg. Hope I can average 41+, so hard these days 🙃
  • emmymemmym Registered Users, Member 450 Posts
    Doing pretty good so far