šŸ—³ļøšŸŽø SYS 3/11/21 o SYS RockStar (Turn up your Amp and Wail) šŸŽ¤

Comments

• ShayShigilShayShigil Registered Users, Member 337 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Do yā€™all remember the other new forum account that said almost the exact same thing about how the guess their child shouldnā€™t play with black barbies or something along those lines in a past thread? Wouldnā€™t be surprised if this is the same person with another new account @kokokokonut

Also, obviously thatā€™s an idiotic way of thinking, has nothing to do with the conversation about cultural appropriation, Ā but I donā€™t expect thoughtful discussion from someone who made an anonymous account just to try to assert white peopleā€™s right to ruin, ridicule and then steal from other cultures. I donā€™t understand why racists constantly come back to the forum, youā€™re not wanted here.Ā 
  • Villa12Villa12 Registered Users, Member 164 Posts

šŸ’€šŸ’€šŸ’€šŸ’€ well alright then šŸ„“
  • SDC93SDC93 Registered Users, Member 1,167 Posts

Glu, what the heck. These are my lowest scores in the past year Iā€™ve been playing. @KalindaKing can we please get answers about the voting issue? Ā Weā€™ve been asking for months and this is insane.Ā 
  • Chile69Chile69 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Idkkh said:
    nachole said:
    This thread is full of pettiness and drama. All over some hairstyles and skin color of a DOLL IN A GAME! Man, yā€™all are losing it. Iā€™m going to use what I want when I want. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøĀ 
    The inherent privilege that lets you play the game for fun and escapism because you don't have a daily reminder of the real life hate you receive for your skin colour and features.Ā 
    Trust and believe if there was another dress up game that gets regularly updated with current and trending styles like KKH then many of us BIPOC would play it. But we're stuck with the Culture Vulture and are trying to make the best of it but y'all insist on making it real hard.Ā 
    Do you or anyone else mind sharing examples of the daily hate yā€™all experience?Ā 

I get what youā€™re saying but at the end of the day youā€™re still playing Kim Approprashianā€™s game. Every download, purchase, ad watched supports her. If she does it yā€™all canā€™t expect the players to be saints
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    Villa12 said:

Nah that's straight up clownery luv
  • bansheeschildbansheeschild Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    Koakuma said:

I'll repeat that first look in every SYS I think it fits because it's one of my favorites, I don't care if it's not well received lol so yeah, weak start as usual
    This look is amazing and perfectly fits the theme šŸ˜ and it deserves so much better ā¤ļø
  • BlizzardBBBlizzardBB Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    edited March 2021

Well, let's see how my first 2 looks do šŸ˜¬
    The purple hair is actually giving me life tho! Or am I just not good at looks at all?Ā 
    I'll update with my scored when they come in šŸ˜
    Update: I get 2 tickets from the boxes trying to get the microphone... so the first 2 images were these extra tickets.
  • siennaishollowsiennaishollow Registered Users, Member 449 Posts
    ...really, is it that bad? Guess its going to be this kind of SYS eh
    Android free player
    English isn't my first language
    Doll IG - Sienna
    KkhElena said:
    Villa12 said:

Nah that's straight up clownery luv
    It sure is. Ima do the same look on my doll see how that one does.Ā 
  • IdkkhIdkkh Registered Users 67 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Chile69 said:
    Idkkh said:
    nachole said:
    This thread is full of pettiness and drama. All over some hairstyles and skin color of a DOLL IN A GAME! Man, yā€™all are losing it. Iā€™m going to use what I want when I want. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøĀ 
    The inherent privilege that lets you play the game for fun and escapism because you don't have a daily reminder of the real life hate you receive for your skin colour and features.Ā 
    Trust and believe if there was another dress up game that gets regularly updated with current and trending styles like KKH then many of us BIPOC would play it. But we're stuck with the Culture Vulture and are trying to make the best of it but y'all insist on making it real hard.Ā 
    Do you or anyone else mind sharing examples of the daily hate yā€™all experience?Ā 

I get what youā€™re saying but at the end of the day youā€™re still playing Kim Approprashianā€™s game. Every download, purchase, ad watched supports her. If she does it yā€™all canā€™t expect the players to be saints
    You know I never thought of it from that perspective before...how incredibly taxing and hard it must be to have some common decency. It is way too much to expect of other people.Ā 

I GUESS ONLY MOTHER THERESA COULD PLAY THIS GAME.Ā 
  • DoloresWyattDoloresWyatt Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    @Stanislav1103 if you talked to glu support the same way you talk about black women then im not surprised why they didn't help you.Ā 

Wow yeah these comments are gross. Also pretty sure they have a hacked game, that's probably why they didn't get help from Glu šŸ˜‚Ā 
    Android player, looking for in game friends. FB Dolores WyattĀ 
  • watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    AnnaKKH_ said:

I personally just donā€™t understand why it is so difficult for some people to understand that feeling entitled to use POC skin tones and hairstyles comes from a place of privilege and completely disregards the racism and hate that POCs experience on a daily basis?? Most of the time when people use darker skin tones, they really do it in order to fit a specific SYS theme, which IS NOT a form of cultural appreciation and instead perpetuates negative stereotypes that black women are aggressive, ā€œedgyā€, and unfeminine. And whatā€™s even worse is that the same people who claim to be ā€œcelebratingā€ and ā€œappreciatingā€ black culture are the same people who ā€œLOLā€ posts that explain that what they are doing is hurtful, and give every single reason why them being allowed to pose as a POC seems to be more important than being sensitive to POC dolls. If you claim to be so appreciative of black culture, why is it so difficult to listen to those who are actually POC and NOT do the very thing that makes them upset? It just seems like those people only care about POCs when they feel like their culture and styles are ā€œtrendyā€, but the second they see POCs expressing any form of discomfort or concern, their opinions are completely invalidated and viewed as ā€œaggressiveā€ or ā€œoverly-sensitiveā€. In LITERALLY ANY OTHER SITUATION, if any of you spoke or acted in a way that was ignorant or insensitive to other peopleā€™s struggles that WASNā€™T race-related (like mental illness, money struggles, etc) and that person told you that it made them feel upset and feel like their struggles arenā€™t real, chances are you would be so much more likely to apologize for making them upset and avoid doing something similar in the future. Why canā€™t that same attitude beĀ maintained when it comes to conversations about race and prejudice against POC?

Racism STILL HAPPENS to this day and white people have no right to tell black people how they are supposed to feel and undermine their feelings whenever a white person appropriates their culture, even if they didnā€™t have harmful intentions. At the end of the day, Iā€™m pretty sure that at least MOST of you on this forum have had at least ONE history lesson that talked about racism and the history of abuse against the black community, and even if not, Iā€™m sure you at least have social media and access to the internet. So as a white person, it shouldnā€™t feel right for you to capitalize on something that has been historically a part of their culture, ESPECIALLY since black people have always been viewed as ā€œghettoā€ and ā€œunprofessionalā€ for their dark skin and POC hairstyles while white people are praised for darkening their own skintones and using the exact same styles that black people get bullied and harassed for. It just doesnā€™t sit right with me that people are blatantly ignoring this and saying ā€œitā€™s just hairā€ and ā€œitā€™s just a gameā€, because if you find yourself justifying your repeated actions of using dark skintones and black hairstyles as a costume and telling POCs to ā€œget over themselvesā€ and to ā€œstop being over-dramatic and making everything about raceā€, you are both a bully and a racist.

say it louder!!! at this point there needs to be one of those announcement threads consisting of comments explaining why white people and non-black poc making their skin darker or using black hairstyles to fit a SYS is just disrespectful and not the cultural appreciation they think it is. we have this discussion in every other sys, and there will ALWAYS be people who are ignorant about this stuff, so we might as well have a huge a** thread on top letting them know.
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socialsĀ https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkhĀ 
  • melisaasprillamelisaasprilla Registered Users, Member 191 Posts
    But why didn't you comment on the facebook post?Ā why did you get to the thread and comment on it.Ā  and not a single comment on the post that really bothered you.
  • DelumeDelume Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    I was about to say how much I'm enjoying making looks for this theme for once, but seeing everybodys scores is making me feel sad. Straight up robberies I'm seeingĀ 
  • hayitsnatashahayitsnatasha Registered Users, Member 308 Posts

I LOVE THE DRINK :) should have stopped at that though, I was looking for the other hand helds but they werenā€™t even in the box!
  • PrincessCDettePrincessCDette Registered Users, Member 413 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    Sarah girl you win ! You can chill for rest for the rest of the SYS. And she keep summiting looks šŸ™„šŸ˜‚
    Ā Ā 
    Why tho?šŸ‘šŸ‘„šŸ‘ like I'm curious... is she Woah Vicky? Fighting the air?šŸ‘šŸ‘„šŸ‘
    Aye hood?
    I'm a feminist, activist, fangirl, princess and a pet parent. Yes, a princess AND a feminist. The duality in my personality makes me great!Ā 
    Android User off an on from 2014

• violettaelliotviolettaelliot Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    I've seen so many 30s in this sys for all looks that deserved at least 40-50 votes. Before the SYStem change, 30s are just shown for new doll that didn't have a wide range of outfit. But now it really seems like 30s are the new 40s, 40s are the new 50s and 60 is a cursed except for the last look submitted
  • equinoxequinox Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    naeusts said:
    šŸ¤”

Wait, I guess we are on the same group because I see her too šŸ˜‚.Ā 

Still kinda sus lolĀ 
  • ashleydianemashleydianem Registered Users, Member 1,357 Posts
    Okay yā€™all donā€™t laugh at me. I was watching an ad to unlock the drumsticks and I saw this and thought that these outfits would actually be kinda cute in the game šŸ˜‚
  • SDC93SDC93 Registered Users, Member 1,167 Posts
    SDC93 said:

Glu, what the heck. These are my lowest scores in the past year Iā€™ve been playing. @KalindaKing can we please get answers about the voting issue? Ā Weā€™ve been asking for months and this is insane.Ā 

Iā€™m about one more unfair score away from quitting. This is so demoralizing.Ā 
  • deliqhteddeliqhted Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    Villa12 said:

exactly. people wanna change their dolls skin color but wont vote for black dolls in the vb šŸ„“
  • FluffyMuffinFluffyMuffin Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Does anyone know why we can only block a handful of people? This forum has become down right unusable. We shouldn't have a limit to how many people we block.
  • Chile69Chile69 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Chile69 said:

i know you did not just ask that... i KNOW you did not just passiveĀ aggressively ask a bipoc to explain to you the racism they experience šŸ˜­... while using AAVE no less šŸ˜­...Ā 

stg im particularly hating my part white heritage on this day cuz yall are wackĀ šŸ¤øšŸ•³ļø
    I wasnā€™t being passive aggressive when I asked for examples I am actually curious and want to know what yā€™all deal with daily (outside of this forum) But the second part yeah I was. The mentality reminded me of the people who are woke about gay/trans issues but still buy food from chickfila.Ā 

Saying you canā€™t use a black character in the kim kardashian app is ridiculous to me itā€™s a game not real life woahvicky, Martina big type of stuff. Ā Were they entering the sys with aunt jemima? But I understand how Iā€™m just another dismissive white person so Iā€™ll leave it there.Ā