šŸ—³ļøšŸŽø SYS 3/11/21 o SYS RockStar (Turn up your Amp and Wail) šŸŽ¤

Comments

• ShayShigilShayShigil Registered Users, Member 337 Posts
    ā€œIf youā€™re so passionate about being anti-racismā€ so @reema being against racism isnā€™t something youā€™re passionate about? Interesting.Ā 

Also interesting that youā€™re trying to speak to POC about people facing discrimination in real life as if they havenā€™t experienced that?? Youā€™re ridiculous.Ā 
  • thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    reema said:
    of course i care! but this is a game ffs, the reason why this argument started was because Farah, changed her avatars skin tone (i think what happened) so that POCā€™s could have some inspiration for this SYS, which iā€™m ngl is low-key a problem, but itā€™s not that deep, cause itā€™s a game. this argument has happened literally every single SYS and clearly the mods donā€™t care, so using your analogy, the next step would be to leave! if somebody was idk being explicitly racist Ā you at school or work and your boss didnā€™t care and simply do nothing, the next step would be to leave. so yes it is funny that the people that are complaining about the game being racist - not providing enough poc hairs, not providing enough skin shades, allowing people like me to ā€˜invalidateā€™ your opinion - but continue playing the game. at the end of the day, itā€™s a game my dude.Ā 
    oh yes, because itā€™s just a game, letā€™s ignore the important issues, right? farah really had no reason to change her skin tone to give POC dolls some inspiration. that can be done without changing your skin tone, so someone here make it make sense please! itā€™s crazy how people on this forum get called out & banned for trying to defend serious issues.
  • kkhsweetkkhsweet Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    reema said:
    reema said:
    kkhsweet said:
    reema said:
    @reema dont be shy, go ahead and tell us what you really think, because its been made clear you wont be banned for it. The only time making the forum "fun & welcoming" seems to matter is when its someone speaking out AGAINST racism.

I just think itā€™s funny how you guys are complaining about racism, when you are literally playing a game made by people who like literally cultural appropriate every single day. you guys are feeding into their pockets but wanna complain about the kardashians games.
    Itā€™s obvious you donā€™t care and are probably one of the ones who will stand by and let sh*t happen bc the environment that youā€™re in isnā€™t exactly against racism so please Iā€™m asking respectfully to continue to stand by and let the people who actually have guts speak their minds which donā€™t care if the owner is against them and actually address us instead of saying you guys girlieā¤ļø
    of course i care! but this is a game ffs, the reason why this argument started was because Farah, changed her avatars skin tone (i think what happened) so that POCā€™s could have some inspiration for this SYS, which iā€™m ngl is low-key a problem, but itā€™s not that deep, cause itā€™s a game. this argument has happened literally every single SYS and clearly the mods donā€™t care, so using your analogy, the next step would be to leave! if somebody was idk being explicitly racist Ā you at school or work and your boss didnā€™t care and simply do nothing, the next step would be to leave. so yes it is funny that the people that are complaining about the game being racist - not providing enough poc hairs, not providing enough skin shades, allowing people like me to ā€˜invalidateā€™ your opinion - but continue playing the game. at the end of the day, itā€™s a game my dude.Ā 
    Whether or not people play a silly game, in a fantasy world, changing their doll/avatars skin tone systemic racism still exists, hate crimes will still occur, and people are suffering in REAL TIME. If you are so passionate about being anti-racist, then stop playing a game that collaborates with someone who is KNOWN for cultural appropriation and blackfishing. Stop the double standard. Think a game is racist? Well, you're just as racist forĀ stillĀ playing and funding it with money. Quit your double standards. Then we'll talk
    Double standards? Sweetie saying that you care and caring are 2 different things. But letā€™s assume everyone is like you who can just leave when a little inconvenience happens. Letā€™s assume that I could easily find another school or job just as easily as youā€™re making it seem. Letā€™s just f assume that every POC/black person playing this game tolerates her actions and everybodys actions. Letā€™s just assume that everyone who plays this game is even aware of her actions. Letā€™s assume also that calling POC/black people racist for trying to make a change and make others understand. Babe Iā€™m not like you. I canā€™t leave somewhere the moment an inconvenience happens whether itā€™s related to my race or not and itā€™s obvious that you and a hella lot of other people here need to understand that. Bc if oppressed communities left the moment that they had the slightest inconvenience happen to them bc of the community that they belong to, then nothing would have changed. You little privileged girlies STILL to THIS DAY cant understand that fleeing isnā€™t gonna make a change yet you still love to use that Trumpie little mentality then want to say that you care. You donā€™t babe. You obviously donā€™t and if your answer to every oppressed community is ā€˜just leaveā¤ļøā€˜ then you obviously donā€™t understand nor care enough to research as to why running away from problems like these isnā€™t gonna solve the issues.
    And donā€™t ever dare to call me your dude girlie. Bc your mentality is obviously as long as thereā€™s no physical damage everythingā€™s fineā¤ļø Lemme tell you a short story. I was being bullied by my math teacher and being called names and often compared to an animal. Was I able to leave like your privileged ass just told me to? Guess what? No I couldnā€™t just leave even if I wanted to. In the end me and several others got the teacher fired. Bc instead of doing what you privileged princesses tell us to do, flee, we simply complained and ,unlike you, the other teachers listened to us and we didnā€™t even have to repeat ourselves more than once. Bc guess what? Those teachers cared. And you donā€™t.
    And @reema I know what other POC are going tru bc I am one of them and I really donā€™t need someone who isnā€™t a POC to explain to me what is happening. Bc I also get to experience it but thanks for trying to educate me about something I already know and got to experience in first person.Ā 
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    @reema nooo really? I thought racism stopped to exist and pretty privileged people like you finally had a reality check. It's funny how you think that a POC doesn't know about it as if they haven't experienced it themselves
    Really wanted to see if you guys finally stopped w the 'if you don't like it just leave it' sh*t but it's obvious some of you skipped history class and it shows
  • reemareema Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    edited March 2021
    kkhsweet said:
    And @reema I know what other POC are going tru bc I am one of them and I really donā€™t need someone who isnā€™t a POC to explain to me what is happening. Bc I also get to experience it but thanks for trying to educate me about something I already know and got to experience in first person.Ā 
    Funny how you assumed iā€™m white, yes my avatar is white but I am a POC - mixed race to be exact. I have experienced racism, prolly why I prefer having a paler avatar, which isnā€™t the point. The point is I have experienced racism and iā€™m not feckin privileged lmao. you guys, and iā€™m not being micro aggressive anyone LOL, you guys as in the people on this forum, attacking non black/poc dolls for having an opinion on racism.Ā 

donā€™t play the game if you care so fckin much, donā€™t twist my words to fit your fckn narrative... dude
  • reemareema Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    edited March 2021
    reema said:
    kkhsweet said:
    reema said:
    @reema dont be shy, go ahead and tell us what you really think, because its been made clear you wont be banned for it. The only time making the forum "fun & welcoming" seems to matter is when its someone speaking out AGAINST racism.

I just think itā€™s funny how you guys are complaining about racism, when you are literally playing a game made by people who like literally cultural appropriate every single day. you guys are feeding into their pockets but wanna complain about the kardashians games.
    Itā€™s obvious you donā€™t care and are probably one of the ones who will stand by and let sh*t happen bc the environment that youā€™re in isnā€™t exactly against racism so please Iā€™m asking respectfully to continue to stand by and let the people who actually have guts speak their minds which donā€™t care if the owner is against them and actually address us instead of saying you guys girlieā¤ļø
    Ah, yes. Because leaving a situation in which racist things are happening is totally the best thing to do. Letting racism fester isnā€™t an option. If you picked up a history book you would be able to plainly see letting something fester isnā€™t a good idea. Take 1930s Germany as an example. But I guess for people who are sitting pretty with privilege are able to turn a blind eye because to them itā€™s ā€œnot that deep.ā€Ā 
    good thing weā€™re not in the 1900ā€™s anymore then isn't it. this isnā€™t real life yk.Ā 
    its. a. game. why donā€™t you open your eyes as to whatā€™s going on in the real world instead of worrying about a GAME
  • thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    reema said:
    kkhsweet said:
    Funny how you assumed iā€™m white, yes my avatar is white but I am a POC - mixed race to be exact. I have experienced racism, prolly why I prefer having a paler avatar, which isnā€™t the point. The point is I have experienced racism and iā€™m not feckin privileged lmao. you guys, and iā€™m not being micro aggressive anyone LOL, you guys as in the people on this forum, attacking non black/poc dolls for having an opinion on racism.Ā 

donā€™t play the game if you care so fckin much, donā€™t twist my words to fit your fckn narrative... dude
    this is sad because youā€™d think youā€™d stand up against these issues. you say you experienced racism & yet you still do not understand the issue, nor will you try to be understanding.Ā 
  • UnwinterUnwinter Registered Users, Member 597 Posts
    Love how when people are rightfully called out, they pull the "I've experienced racism too". OK? Sorry that happened with you but shouldn't you have at least some common sense to not egg on racism towards other people? Tf? Did you not learn anything, I don't get it. Did someone go up to you and say you're not supposed to feel upset because you're being hated for your race? Let other people be rightfully upset and angry gd*mn. They tell you it's racism and you say, no sorry, if I'm not being targeted it's not racism??Ā 
    Android Player, A++
    Unwinter KKH on Facebook
  • BenedettaKKHBenedettaKKH Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    tortor said:

Some dolls straight rocking it in the voting booth šŸ”„šŸ”„
    Omg I never been spotted before!!! Thank you so much!! MyĀ doll is third in the third row šŸ„°

That look didnā€™t score well sadly, but Iā€™m so happy someone spotted me, thanks ā¤ļø
    reema said:
    reema said:
    kkhsweet said:
    reema said:

Ah, yes. Because leaving a situation in which racist things are happening is totally the best thing to do. Letting racism fester isnā€™t an option. If you picked up a history book you would be able to plainly see letting something fester isnā€™t a good idea. Take 1930s Germany as an example. But I guess for people who are sitting pretty with privilege are able to turn a blind eye because to them itā€™s ā€œnot that deep.ā€Ā 
    good thing weā€™re not in the 1900ā€™s anymore then isn't it. this isnā€™t real life yk.Ā 
    its. a. game. why donā€™t you open your eyes as to whatā€™s going on in the real world instead of worrying about a GAME
    Babe i can multitask and again itā€™s obvious that youā€™re still privileged ENOUGH not to understand. Not all of us wanna run away from our problems no matter how small or big they are. And itā€™s sad that you think that game donā€™t influence the way people think and act sometimes. Itā€™s funny how i can easily tell that youā€™re just one of those people who are like that as long as thereā€™s bigger problems we should only focus on that. And babe I didnā€™t try to twist your words. Youā€™re the one whoā€™s getting all rude and defending the people in here by bringing out the injustice happening outside. I simply told you that i am aware and that thereā€™s no need to educate me about it bc i still very much experience it. Itā€™s obvious you donā€™t respect me enough to even stop calling me dude so Iā€™m just gonna assume that youā€™re just like the ones who were called out and just give up on even explaining as to why there shouldnā€™t even be an opinion on discrimination other than it being wrong.
    reema said:
    kkhsweet said:

But you go girl, itā€™s cute to see you getting so rude and pressed and glossing over everything we said and trying to say we twisted your words bc as long as thereā€™s no physical damage. Everythingā€™s Gucci for you šŸ„°Ā 
    Oh and @tortor funny how you have yet to reply or even apologize to @KkhElena for your privileged and rude reply yet claim to have changed the skintone bc you want to ā€˜honorateā€™ black people bc you ā€˜admireā€™ them so much.
    Funny how you guys love to complain how this convo happens every SYS yet YOU start it and at this point itā€™s obviously for a reaction. Cute if not the cutest šŸ„°Ā 
    reema said:
    kkhsweet said:

The girl asked you to respect her and not call her dude and you still go and do it then get all upset and start sweating when she gives you more attitude. I swear you guys love to do it just to get a reaction. And it's really no wonder that she didn't immediately get that you're mixed. You're literally defending things over here bc it's a game? Games can influence the way you act irl if you didn't know the same way television can and so can influencers/celebrities.
    edited March 2021
    Go on @tortor if you can lol at my post you surely have enough time to also give a quick reply or is it that youā€™re gonna give more attitude to the person who was nice enough to try and educate you? Hm?
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    tortor said:

I just noticed that every doll in this pic had used the sparkle aura. They all look gorgeous.
    @Iridescence hahaha thatā€™s not the stars aura, itā€™s the stars that come up around someone when you vote. I usually screenshot after I vote so I can see if my favorites got popular pick too :) but I totally agree with you that all these dolls are gorgeous šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
    tortor said:
    tortor said:

I just noticed that every doll in this pic had used the sparkle aura. They all look gorgeous.
    @Iridescence hahaha thatā€™s not the stars aura, itā€™s the stars that come up around someone when you vote. I usually screenshot after I vote so I can see if my favorites got popular pick too :) but I totally agree with you that all these dolls are gorgeous šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
    It's just so funny how you're gonna ignore the girl for simply asking you to reply to me but I guess that she's asking for too much. If respect is really that hard to give then this entire thread makes just sense
  • Kween_of_the_KastleKween_of_the_Kastle Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    Just throwing it out there that it is entirely possible for one POC to be racially insensitive towards other POCs so that excuse is sooo tired. It's just another version of the "I have a black friend so I can't be racist" BS
    Just throwing it out there that it is entirely possible for one POC to be racially insensitive towards other POCs so that excuse is sooo tired. It's just another version of the "I have a black friend so I can't be racist" BS
    Can second that. Had a black friend in middle school who was racial insensitive towards me bc she was lighter. In the end she pretty much became the black token friend that you only think exists in the movies. It was cringe
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    tortor said:

Omg I never been spotted before!!! Thank you so much!! MyĀ doll is third in the third row šŸ„°

That look didnā€™t score well sadly, but Iā€™m so happy someone spotted me, thanks ā¤ļø
    Your look is incredible and you totally deserve more votes!!! You were robbed šŸ˜šŸ˜