🗳️🎸 SYS 3/11/21 o SYS RockStar (Turn up your Amp and Wail) 🎤

Comments

• saaruuhsaaruuh Registered Users, Member 92 Posts

a message from the wrongfully banned char!
    Edit* add @kokokokonut
    Also quoting because it’s *chiefs kiss* 

• KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    Literally the least you could do is reply and simply say that you stand by the fact that changing your dolly's skintone for specific SYS isn't wrong yet you act like a coward and ignore everything? At least you guys are taking your own advice about ignoring when an inconvenience happens. I just have to laugh
  • AnnaKKH_AnnaKKH_ Registered Users, Member 186 Posts
    @KkhElena I think she’s just in the middle of trying to come up with another way to give reasons why she’s not being racist, but given all the evidence and explanations from so many dolls in this thread she’s running out of “plausible” excuses😂
    Bear_KKH said:
    reema said:
    of course i care! but this is a game ffs, the reason why this argument started was because Farah, changed her avatars skin tone (i think what happened) so that POC’s could have some inspiration for this SYS, which i’m ngl is low-key a problem, but it’s not that deep, cause it’s a game. this argument has happened literally every single SYS and clearly the mods don’t care, so using your analogy, the next step would be to leave! if somebody was idk being explicitly racist  you at school or work and your boss didn’t care and simply do nothing, the next step would be to leave. so yes it is funny that the people that are complaining about the game being racist - not providing enough poc hairs, not providing enough skin shades, allowing people like me to ‘invalidate’ your opinion - but continue playing the game. at the end of the day, it’s a game my dude. 

POC had to fight for their place in everything. Even though it’s “just a game” everything was just something at one point. Vocalizing wanting to be treated fairly and equally represented in a game that you enjoy, is worth the effort. What you don’t understand is that it’s not a self serving argument. Thousands of young girls play this game and will play future Glu games, the hope is that they won’t have to fight for equal representation. We used to have to fight for more diverse Barbie dolls on the shelves even though they’re just toys, and now when you go to the Barbie section, there is so much more diversity than when I was growing up and it was 100% worth the fight bc now kids can find dolls that look like themselves, their friends, and their family. My daughter plays on my game, just playing dress up and sometimes making looks for SYS, and she deserves to feel beautiful and find representation. She deserves to find hair styles that match her natural texture and styles. When she finds new cornrow styles, braided styles and curly styles that look like her, she feels pure genuine excitement and I get what I can so that when she plays dress up or feels like making SYS looks, she has a variety to choose from bc they make her feel good about herself. I no longer spend much money on this game, so it’s very difficult to win her anything from kollections, and the ones in Diamond kollections are ones I’ll probably never be able to get for her to play with, sadly. This is a big reason I just share my game with her, bc my game already has so many items. It’s just a game but when I got my curly hair that I posted in the selfie thread, it just bought a big smile to my face when she said “this is just like your hair” bc she deserves to find images that can relate to. In that case, finding her moms 3c hair. I never had Barbies growing up that had hair that looked like my moms hair or my own. Basically if you didn’t have straight hair, you wouldn’t find a doll that has similar hair to you on the shelf.

You’re not looking at the bigger picture at all. When I first got this game, my daughter designed my character to look Selena Gomez who she is a fan of so I used the avatar she designed bc she loved it and I later changed it when she played less to look a little more like me, but since the release of more styles that represent her, now when she plays, she alters my character to match her specific beautiful brown skin tone and proudly puts on her day to day hairstyles. That’s why representation matters and it’s why I support those that voice wanting representation no matter what race, ethnicity or underrepresented group. Maybe it’s not important to you as a POC but you should understand why it’s hurtful to dismiss it. 

That's actually so beautiful the thing about your daughter. Children are so pure and I can already imagine how happy she is when being able to represent herself in the game. It's honestly too cute for me to handle❤🥺
  • moriacasanmoriacasan Registered Users, Member 207 Posts
    hey guys sorry for the off topic but idk where to ask this and i'm not an experienced player of this game so my question is: if i win 2 tickets from the diamond boxes and i don't spend them in this SYS do i keep the tickets for future sys events? or do i loose them after this? please i need to know (if you answer please tag me haha) thank you in advance 
    hey guys sorry for the off topic but idk where to ask this and i'm not an experienced player of this game so my question is: if i win 2 tickets from the diamond boxes and i don't spend them in this SYS do i keep the tickets for future sys events? or do i loose them after this? please i need to know (if you answer please tag me haha) thank you in advance 
    You keep them. Both the ones you buy w real money and the ones you get from the diamond boxes. I won some from the diamond boxes and still have them.
  • luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,023 Posts
    edited March 2021
    I can't believe i was fortunate enough to get all 4 items from the diamond boxes this time!

I spent 50 diamonds/
    Dress             (usually 25 diamonds in vb)
    Boots.            (Usually 12 diamonds in vb)
    2 handhelds  (usually 20 (10 diamonds each) in vb)
    So to have gotten the equivalents in the voting booth, it would have cost 57 diamonds and who knows how much time if i was looking for something in particular. And i got some dye along with the items.. 
    Pretty good haul for me this weekend. The tambourine is so cute!
    Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

• moriacasanmoriacasan Registered Users, Member 207 Posts
    thank you so much! @KkhElena :) 
    thank you so much! @KkhElena :) 
    No problem. I don't think a lot of people know that and use them the moment they get them. Happened to me once and then realized the next SYS that you can keep them and save them for something you really want in the future😊
  • ShayShigilShayShigil Registered Users, Member 337 Posts
    edited March 2021
    AnnaKKH_ said:
    I feel like there’s absolutely no way that Kalinda or Koko are ever going to address this horrible situation or even ATTEMPT to moderate these racist conversations and they’re just gonna end up shutting the forum down instead because they don’t know how else to control our dIsRuPtIvE bEhAvIoR🥴
    Kalinda might address in some weak way when the office opens up but Koko won’t. She slinks off every time this happens and comes back around in time to make 🎊🎊🎊💞💞✨ new threads ✨✨✨🎊🎊💞 spoilers please Glu daddy 😩😩😩

but hi Koko!! We know you’re reading all of this and we know you know how disgusted we are by your biased moderating. 
  • mysticgracemysticgrace Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    edited March 2021
    In an effort to make the forum a fun and welcoming place for players, therealchar was banned because she continued to break forum rules after she received a warning.
    It’s insane that the racist posters in this thread weren’t banned. Char wasn’t disrespectful and her reaction was justified. You’re creating a really awful environment for POC dolls on these forums. 
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts

A few more striking rock stars spotted in the VB 🔥🔥🔥
  • NinaKatherineNinaKatherine Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    Seriously? I started with 30 something and now I'm going down 😢 That SYS is so bad to me 😓
  • katsuxkatsux Registered Users, Member 71 Posts

not convinced the voters are gonna get this reference but i love the look so 
  • MayaaMayaa Registered Users, Member 246 Posts
    edited March 2021
    I just saw the beautiful @Johanaa in the VB 🥰
    I voted for u twice and u were the popular pick ❤️ 

• Jayy_kkhJayy_kkh Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Gave in to temptation 

• AriaXOAriaXO Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Glu why do you hate me? 🤣
  • iamkokoiamkoko Registered Users, Member 349 Posts
    @reema if people boycotted companies that had racist, discriminatory or otherwise crappy people profiting off of them then there would be no options for anything ever. 

But congratulations on your weak little argument, I’m sure it makes you feel better about yourself. I guess that makes it okay to never speak up about injustice, thank you for making me see the light!!! 😊
    Yeah I wanted to say that. There are no ethical choices in capitalism. Doesn’t mean we as individuals have to be unethical🤷‍♀️
  • PrincessCDettePrincessCDette Registered Users, Member 413 Posts
     I have questions for non BIPOC dolls. 
    Why is it so hard to accept that you're not allowed to use my features as accessories?
    Why is "it's just a game" an acceptable response?
    You wouldn't, I hope, wear a Black hairstyle and darken your skin IRL and when confronted say but it's pretty. So why do you do it here?
    The incident that sparked this entire debacle was because someone wanted to play racist dress up.
    We know which hairs are specific to us. It was condescending to say I was just showing POC dolls which hairs to use.
     All she had to do was feature her doll in the ideas she had and not single out or separate and change the skintone of her doll.
    Also it seemed sus to me that she posted that particular inspo on Facebook but not here. Possibly because she knew the backlash she would have gotten. 
    I come here to interact with like minded people but it seems like if I don't condone white supremacy I'm not welcome. 
    That's sad and disappointing but not surprising.

I'm a feminist, activist, fangirl, princess and a pet parent. Yes, a princess AND a feminist. The duality in my personality makes me great! 
    Android User off an on from 2014

• Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    This ❗ is❗ ridiculously ❗weird 👀
    Seeing my self in the voting booth?! 🤡 It happened with other players as well. 🥴
    Could you please explain this GLU /  @KalindaKing..?

✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • reemareema Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    Literally the least you could do is reply and simply say that you stand by the fact that changing your dolly's skintone for specific SYS isn't wrong yet you act like a coward and ignore everything? At least you guys are taking your own advice about ignoring when an inconvenience happens. I just have to laugh
    well i don’t stand by bullying people and calling them racist for changing their avatars skin tone, if you really wanted to do something, attacking someone wasn’t the way to go. what do you except me to apologise for my opinions. get it into your head that: this is a game. it’s not real life and it never will be, if you care so much, DELETE THE APP. 
  • reemareema Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    In an effort to make the forum a fun and welcoming place for players, therealchar was banned because she continued to break forum rules after she received a warning.
    It’s insane that the racist posters in this thread weren’t banned. Char wasn’t disrespectful and her reaction was justified. You’re creating a really awful environment for POC dolls on these forums. 
    are you actually serious. char was banned because, she brought up something that happened on FB to the glu forum, in an effort to get all of you closed minded idiots to stick up for her when she realised that the people on fb aren’t moronic idiots. she got banned cause she was being disruptive not everything is to do with racism, but ok, lol
  • JohanaaJohanaa Registered Users, Member 503 Posts
    Mayaa said:
    I just saw the beautiful @Johanaa in the VB 🥰
    I voted for u twice and u were the popular pick ❤️ 

Yes that's me 😊 thanks for spotting me ❤️
    That look gave me 41 votes

🦋Android Player🦋
  • mayadamahermayadamaher Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    edited March 2021

Hi 
    i just wanted to share with you my first 60 by a look i didn’t even like. 
  • BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts
    Highest score in this SYS

Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS