Diversity & Inclusion Discussion

KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts

The Kim Kardashian: Hollywood team is committed to celebrating diversity and having an inclusive community. Our ongoing mission is to empower you to express yourself while creating an inclusive celebrity fantasy experience. We are listening and we want to support you.

This new thread is dedicated to discussing topics related to diversity, inclusion and Kim Kardashian: Hollywood. Please remember to respect each other while chatting and follow the forum rules: https://communities.glu.com/kim-kardashian-hollywood/discussion/5455043/forum-rules

Moderators reserve the right to move relevant posts to this thread and edit or delete posts if needed. If you are concerned about a particular post or forum user, please contact a moderator.

#VIPKalinda
http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
Prev1

Comments

• UnwinterUnwinter Registered Users, Member 597 Posts
    edited March 2021
    You really thought starting a thread on this topic instead of doing something about what happened (unbanning char and banning the racists) is it.
    I genuinely don't get you. We tell you what's wrong, we ask you to do something about it and you ignore it and do something that literally benefits no one. What are you expecting from this thread? For non poc dolls to stop appropriating others' cultures and start being respectful? I don't get it
    Race and similar topics aren't up for discussion. You're either racist or not. You either ban those racists and unban char so we can move on, or you prove yet again what we all already know. 
    I can't believe you thought this thread is it
    You're literally like this tweet

Android Player, A++
    Unwinter KKH on Facebook
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I sent a warning to Stanislav based on their comments. 
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Kween_of_the_KastleKween_of_the_Kastle Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    @KalindaKing The fact is Char was warned for bringing up concerns about cultural insensitivity.  How is that right and promoting inclusion? Char was the one banned because she was rightfully upset at being warned and asking for your boss's contact? That's moderating people, not moderating forums. If you don't want your boss to be contacted about a matter then it probably shouldn't be happening. 
  • Kween_of_the_KastleKween_of_the_Kastle Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    edited March 2021
    The optics are also horrible that there was no intervention in the forum while this discussion was occurring and zero attempts to even say "please respect other people's feelings about appropriation ". None. On top of that, we had been asking you repeatedly about curse of the 60 and threads kept getting deleted-BUT if you look at the only thread not deleted it was glu investigating the matter specifically for the user who was changing her doll's skintone in the first place. From an outside perspective you see:
    *Doll bringing up racial insensitivity banned
    *Doll changing skin tone being only one cared for in curse of the 60
    *A person calling people creatures not banned
    *No attempt to intervene publicly while a discussion over racism happening. I and other dolls have receipts of DMing koko asking for her to say or do something. Nothing 

If you were a POC doll would this look like a welcoming or safe place to you? Releasing one or 2 unobtainable hairs each update won't fix this. Being proactive and actually caring enough to do something is a start 

When someone said EA is buying glu or whatever is happening, literally my first thoughts weren't squat about the game. Instead it was "I hope they are more proactive about inclusivity and racism"

• KKKhKKKh Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    What are the resources and steps that Glu and the moderating team are using/doing to honour your commitments to celebrate diversity and create an inclusive space? Are you going under any training and if so what does that entail? How do we hold you accountable to make sure you really are listening and implementing changes? 

What are the criteria that will make you edit/remove/delete comments? You and your moderating team have proven again and again to have a bias.

All you've essentially done is create an echo chamber that anyone can bypass. Are you going to share resources? Are you going to provide educational videos/websites so members can educate themselves? 

The only people talking about the abhorrent treatment of BIPOC members are the same ones who speak up in the SYS threads, that you ignore. 

• mysticgracemysticgrace Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    Char should be unbanned and Stanislav should’ve gotten more than a slap on the wrist. There needs to be better moderation in the forums, especially when users are being racist and disrespectful of POC’s opinions on cultural appropriation. 
  • VinessaVinessa Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    Oh no people are just getting angrier you should delete this whole thread
  • Galaxaura14Galaxaura14 Registered Users, Member 284 Posts
    Vinessa said:
    What good would deleting the thread do?
    We all have a right to be angry w/ Glu's inappropriate "response" whenever there is an important discussion regarding BIPOC & cultural appropriation.
    We also all have the right to question and hold Glu accountable.
    She/Her
    Android
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    Vinessa said:
    What did u expect was gonna happen? That people were gonna come here after being ignored and be idk happy?
  • Jayy_kkhJayy_kkh Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    unban char and ban the racist
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    Vinessa said:
    Deleting this thread will do nothing, it will be brought to other threads you know.
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    edited March 2021

Moderators reserve the right to move relevant posts to this thread and edit or delete posts if needed. 

Idk if its just me but this feels like the opposite of being inclusive. A seperate thread that sounds like all it will be used for is moving POC concerns and comments over here so they are easier to ignore. 
    I have to admit, the thought of them even thinking of doing that to this thread is disgusting!
    -To ignore it, if I’m not being clear.
  • thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    wow, what a way to be inclusive. directing me into a thread for diversity when POCs continued to be disrespected on other threads. it’s a shame that the person who continuously was being extremely rude, misunderstanding, and shameful is still here. 
  • thefakeCharthefakeChar Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    So diverse and bans anyone who questions you about your lack of moderating skills 😂😔 listen kalinda you don’t fool anybody sis 🙃
  • RoooRooo Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    since you want us to use this thread so badly, could you actually ban the racists instead of banning the ones who are defending us POC. Char gets banned but everyone else receives a warning?
    unban char.
    Black Lives Matter
    Stop Asian Hate
  • bethwbethw Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    Imagine banning someone who was calling out clear racism and prejudice, but continuing to ignore people who are holding such problematic views. This is not acceptable at all, how can you let this continue @KalindaKing and @kokokokonut? People are being racist, misgendering others and being just completely problematic. This is absolutely not acceptable and it cannot continue. I think it’s disgusting that people feel like that can disrespect others in this way and get away with what, a warning? Whats a warning going to do? Clearly it doesn’t work, as this keeps on happening. All I can say is DO BETTER. You are supposed to be moderators and you’re doing nothing. I’ve moderated before and these people would’ve been banned long ago. So, do better. Warnings don’t work. As moderators, you should be making this forum a welcoming place for people of all races, genders and sexualities and that is not the case. I’m disgusted. 
  • AnnaKKH_AnnaKKH_ Registered Users, Member 186 Posts
    You guys made a HUGE mistake banning Char the first time, so now that she’s back again, do the right thing by letting her stay this time and instead ban the dolls who are being blatantly racist and disrespectful. You guys need to implement a new policy that instantly bans people who make racist comments and who continue to do so without any remorse.  
  • ShayShigilShayShigil Registered Users, Member 337 Posts
    I actually think we could make some use of this thread, it’s a good place to keep track of racially insensitive comments and the bias of the mods. This issue has been going on for months and months, would be nice to have screenshots of everything in one place. 
  • AnnaKKH_AnnaKKH_ Registered Users, Member 186 Posts
    LMAO you’re KIDDING the moderation on this forum is a COMPLETE JOKE.