🗳️ KK:H 4/5/21 SYS Korean Street Style!🗳️

Comments

• lululalulula Registered Users, Member 808 Posts
    haylee7 said:

Where is the last hair from? 👀
    @tinnavalen I am really not sure so someone correct me if I’m wrong .... but I think it’s a kloset hair, it’s like right where my kollection hairs start so I’m not sure. Sorry 😢

It's from the Love & Lace kollection!

Platform: iOS
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    edited April 2021
    Ops, I feel like the current discussion in my fault with my "does rani count?" question. For the record I do know indians are Asian, I'm just not sure if for the discussion of Asian characters in the game it was included desi people in "Asian people". I usually see people say it only meaning east and southeast asians. They say it based on phenotype more than geography
  • deliqhteddeliqhted Registered Users, Member 226 Posts

Bronze - hair, ice cream, shoes
    THE INFAMOUS JENNIE HAIR!! If i dont get it i will slowly pass away 😭
  • bryonycbryonyc Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    edited April 2021
    KkhElena said:
    Am I the only one who feels like Glu barely includes any Asian characters in the storylines? (besides Maya and the Walmart version of one of Takeshi's Castle host) Like I just really thought about it and even the location Seoul is barely used (yes I'm aware that we do have some gigs in Tokyo but that it still isn't enough). This SYS really made me realize that Glu barely includes ANYTHING Asian related, which is sad bc if they could design new characters like Maya and Delphine(?), then they definitely have the time to do more but that's just my opinion
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong. BUT i genuinely feel like there is so many representatives of the black community (please correct terminology if I’m using the wrong words to communicate this) when it comes to designs of dresses, hair, makeup etc that suits poc. (Yes some dolls use these in the inappropriate manor and we have all had previous discussions in regards to cultural appropriation which is wrong) However there is not one item I have ever looked at in the KKH game that made me think yes, they’re representing the Asian community here (which would be fantastic). I LOVE when glu use a poc hairstyle for a earn-able item. ITS ABOUT TIME THEY DID THIS!! 
    But I can’t remember anything that was designed and dedicated for the Asian community. I feel like they are massively underrepresented in not only this game, but all social media’s and other games. It’s about time the world learnt we are all equals no matter what. In the UK ( where I am from) the LGBQT community is a big group of people almost everyone celebrates in a peaceful manor. (Quite rightly so)
    Why can this not be done for racial identity? We should all be equal and this shouldn’t even be up for discussion. I say this because I know it doesn’t happen everywhere, but it should be standard practice for everyone. We are all equal no matter what. It’s genuinely frustrating to see so many people not understand the cultural appropriation that is going on in this world. 
  • deliqhteddeliqhted Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    bryonyc said:
    KkhElena said:
    Am I the only one who feels like Glu barely includes any Asian characters in the storylines? (besides Maya and the Walmart version of one of Takeshi's Castle host) Like I just really thought about it and even the location Seoul is barely used (yes I'm aware that we do have some gigs in Tokyo but that it still isn't enough). This SYS really made me realize that Glu barely includes ANYTHING Asian related, which is sad bc if they could design new characters like Maya and Delphine(?), then they definitely have the time to do more but that's just my opinion
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong. BUT i genuinely feel like there is so many representatives of the black community (please correct terminology if I’m using the wrong words to communicate this) when it comes to designs of dresses, hair, makeup etc that suits pic. (Yes some dolls use these in the inappropriate manor and we have all had previous discussions in regards to cultural appropriation which is wrong) However there is not one item I have ever looked at in the KKH game that made me think yes, they’re representing the Asian community here (which would be fantastic). I LOVE when glu use a poc hairstyle for a earn-able item. ITS ABOUT TIME THEY DID THIS!! 
    But I can’t remember anything that was designed and dedicated for the Asian community. I feel like they are massively underrepresented in not only this game, but all social media’s and other games. It’s about time the world learnt we are all equals no matter what. In the UK ( where I am from) the LGBQT community is a big group of people almost everyone celebrates in a peaceful manor. (Quite rightly so)
    Why can this not be done for racial identity? We should all be equal and this shouldn’t even be up for discussion. I say this because I know it doesn’t happen everywhere, but it should be standard practice for everyone. We are all equal no matter what. It’s genuinely frustrating.
    i 100% understand what you’re trying to say and also agree there should be way more asian rep ingame but you didnt have to bring up black representation. In reality there aren't any dresses or makeup that immediately tell you it’s for black culture. Hair, yes, but other than that I would say no, but if anyone else disagrees feel free to say so! Its easy to get your point across without bringing other cultures items up! I dont think you were purposely trying to be insensitive but it definitely gives off a jealous vibe. It feels like you’re saying “they already have too much representation, but what about us.” I mean they barely started listening to us about being inclusive but they really should be listening to everyone as well.
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    bryonyc said:
    KkhElena said:
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong. BUT i genuinely feel like there is so many representatives of the black community (please correct terminology if I’m using the wrong words to communicate this) when it comes to designs of dresses, hair, makeup etc that suits poc. (Yes some dolls use these in the inappropriate manor and we have all had previous discussions in regards to cultural appropriation which is wrong) However there is not one item I have ever looked at in the KKH game that made me think yes, they’re representing the Asian community here (which would be fantastic). I LOVE when glu use a poc hairstyle for a earn-able item. ITS ABOUT TIME THEY DID THIS!! 
    Why can this not be done for racial identity? We should all be equal and this shouldn’t even be up for discussion. I say this because I know it doesn’t happen everywhere, but it should be standard practice for everyone. We are all equal no matter what. It’s genuinely frustrating to see so many people not understand the cultural appropriation that is going on in this world. 
    I don't think there are more than 15/20 black/POC hairstyles and when it comes to makeup and dresses, there's literally nothing. And I mean it when I say there's nothing there. While I do agree that Glu needs to step up when it comes to Asian characters/culture included in the game (there's in total maybe 4/5 items Asian inspired in total which includes hair and 2 or 3 dresses), Glu just recently started to add either 1 or 2 POC / black hairstyles and there's no makeup or dress that is for us black/POC
  • Emme1216Emme1216 Registered Users, Member 406 Posts
    Am I the only one who would've loved seeing new eyes in this? Idk I just feel really gross knowing I can make myself really easily in the game and a lot of dolls can't for free or easily? Idk it's just not right.
  • luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,023 Posts
    Yup.. i understand what i said about the"Indian" language was as if someone were to say to a Spanish speaking person, "oh, you speak Mexican...." Super big foul on my part.. definitely wish i could go back in time and erase that.. 
    But would you mind answering the question that i was trying to answer? albeit a very poor attempt on my part. 
    Would you consider rani a character that represents asians/asian culture?
    I'm curious, as well.
    Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

• violettaelliotviolettaelliot Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    glu, if you're reading this, i would love to see some dolls/characters from countries like iran, malaysia, sri lanka, pakistan, maldives, egypt (though technically transcontinental), ect.

you could do some absolutely stunning traditional dresses/garments, appropriate headwear, jewellery, events for celebrations (other than just the chinese new year).

asia is far larger than china, japan, korea & india, where european culture has influenced street style. i fear that only turning to asian influence for sys' where white dolls will predictably be the focus, and making us villains in plotlines (maya) is just a feel good measure the company takes for easy representation, and, frankly the 1 hour task in support of #stopasianhate was a whole lot of... well, laziness.

there's so much fun to be had in the diversity of culture amongst asian countries- i think diversifying would make the game just that much better! x
    I couldn't agree more. And glu design team would be very delightful searching for what they would put in the game, since Asia has a very huge culture with a lot of unique design of dresses, headpiece, make up, accessories etc. And for the storyline off course it will be fun because there are a lot of tradition could be added in the game. I'm very excited if we could have more than this. It's been a very long time since we have Asian theme as prizes.

I was so excited when these happened to be GB prizes, that i have to chase everything
  • eclairteclairt Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    sarie said:
    I'm interested in what the call will be like...because actual Korean style is pretty simple and neutral colours from what I've seen. But street style ig is a different thing? more like what is popular in kpop etc...Not that sure 
    Vogue always has articles on Seoul FW street style, check them out!! its pretty minimalistic and quite black and im soo excited cause this is how i dress irl but im afraid of the voting booth as well at the same time lol
    Glu really has inclusivity problems like I just went into my main game and counted how many Asian inspired items we have....not even 10 (makeup, dresses etc. included)... for a game that has been out for about 6 nearly 7 years. The embarrassment though💀 and we have only about only 2-3 Asian characters (Rani, Maya and the Walmart version of one of Takeshi's Castle host). That's it. And none of them are love interest. Glu do better bc you have the time. The only thing missing is the commitment
  • IridescenceIridescence Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    I would love it if south asian clothes would also be included in the game since I, myself am south asian and Asia extends to more than just Japan , Korea or China (no hate). 
  • AnyaArcherAnyaArcher Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Kim's call!

Been playing since April 2020 😷
    Android free player 🤖
    From 🇬🇧
    Everything happens for a reason ✨

• AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    I love the TS hair but it will be impossible to win it in gold
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    So Kim’s call is just her making two references to BTS and Blackpink songs. 

IOS Player 
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    I'm definitely not using sweatpants because I don't even like wearing them in real life. The rest of the call is okay. 
    Platform: Android

KkhElena said:
    bryonyc said:
    KkhElena said:
    I don't think there are more than 15/20 black/POC hairstyles and when it comes to makeup and dresses, there's literally nothing. And I mean it when I say there's nothing there. While I do agree that Glu needs to step up when it comes to Asian characters/culture included in the game (there's in total maybe 4/5 items Asian inspired in total which includes hair and 2 or 3 dresses), Glu just recently started to add either 1 or 2 POC / black hairstyles and there's no makeup or dress that is for us black/POC
    Instead I feel that the game is short with the investigation of the cultures of different countries.
    In my country, the Afro culture differs in many ways. But what is most striking are the bright colors that we always use. 

A small part of my Afro-Colombian culture. I hope that one day Glu will dedicate himself to researching the cultures of different countries.  Because in the same way it is an international game.  and it would be spectacular if we all have a piece of our cultures.
    @KkhElena  I hope you like what you see?
    I LOVE IT. It's so beautiful and vibrant. It just puts me in good mood😊
  • AbigaillAbigaill Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    I neeeed jennie's hair 😭
  • blxirblxir Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Inspo 
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.