šŸ—³ļø KK:H 4/5/21 SYS Korean Street Style!šŸ—³ļø

Comments

• jlr224jlr224 Registered Users, Member 674 Posts

Iā€™ve had fun playing with looks I donā€™t usually get to put together for this theme! Hope I score well to get the ts hair, Iā€™ve no idea what Korean street style is but here goes ..... šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
  • iamkokoiamkoko Registered Users, Member 349 Posts

I am not sure exactly how I am going to submit for this SYS but I am at least going to make a few looks inspired by 2NE1.Ā 
    Sooo good! I miss them so much!
  • kat97kat97 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Some inspo for tomorrow šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ„°Ā 
  • Sofiirol02Sofiirol02 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Im so sorry, but why you guys have to fight over everything!!!!!Ā 
    If you dont know exactly how to talk about something or how to use your words without being disrespectful to other people just keep scrolling and forget it, youā€™re only making people mad and showing a lack of empathy. So donā€™t.Ā 

(english is not my first lenguage, hope this is understandable lol)Ā 
  • ShayShigilShayShigil Registered Users, Member 337 Posts
    edited April 2021
    @Sofiirol02Ā lol imagine not participating in the forum at all and then coming in like this telling us what to do.Ā 

Many many people have tried to politely explain offensive things but are met with hostility in return, at this point the ignorance is sometimes purposeful and a lot of the POC on this forum are just plain tired of it.Ā 

The irony of saying those fighting for rights and inclusiveness lack empathy but not saying that the ignorants and racist donā€™t.Ā 

Iā€™ll be as nice as possible here - your opinion is terrible and likely unwanted by many of us here. Bye šŸ˜Š
  • blxirblxir Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Itā€™s ironic how yā€™all love to talk about cultural appropriation but still play this game... like you realize Kim Kardashian appropriates culture for a LIVING and you playing this game, watching ads, completing offers etc. is only helping her make her millions. If you were really bothered by it you would stop but I know yā€™all just want something to cry about...
  • periimiaperiimia Registered Users, Member 229 Posts
    Glu has inclusivity issues. Period. The silence of mods on this forum speaks volumesĀ 

Also, I sent proof of a doll involved in racial insensitivity being a hacker (they have items from older TS but also starlet kollection which was only for new dolls) to mods and nothing has been done. Hackers they are fine with apparantly,Ā  standing up for the right thing is a different story
    Hey!I believe we can get starlet kollection items from tb boxes.I saw it during bf sale.
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    periimia said:
    Glu has inclusivity issues. Period. The silence of mods on this forum speaks volumesĀ 

Also, I sent proof of a doll involved in racial insensitivity being a hacker (they have items from older TS but also starlet kollection which was only for new dolls) to mods and nothing has been done. Hackers they are fine with apparantly,Ā  standing up for the right thing is a different story
    Hey!I believe we can get starlet kollection items from tb boxes.I saw it during bf sale.
    Are you sure about that? Itā€™s very strange for kollection items to be in tb boxes or bf sale...

periimia said:

Are you sure about that? Itā€™s very strange for kollection items to be in tb boxes or bf sale...

Hey!If we talk about this kollection I saw this hair and dress during bf sale.I look up for starlet kollection since I donā€™t know which one is that.My info might be wrong thošŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøIf I am wrong sorryšŸ™ā¤ļø
  • iamkokoiamkoko Registered Users, Member 349 Posts
    periimia said:

periimia said:

Hey!If we talk about this kollection I saw this hair and dress during bf sale.I look up for starlet kollection since I donā€™t know which one is that.My info might be wrong thošŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøIf I am wrong sorryšŸ™ā¤ļø
    Yeah thatā€™s not it. The Starlet Kollections was released in 2020.
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    periimia said:

periimia said:

Oh, ok that does make sense, but @Kween_of_the_Kastle was actually talking about this kollection here

(I found this on forums)Ā 
    but this was meant for new players awhile back, and the doll they were talking about is not a new player, so how could they have had items from this kollection? She must be a hacker.
    periimia said:

periimia said:

Oh, ok that does make sense, but @Kween_of_the_Kastle was actually talking about this kollection here

(I found this on forums)Ā 
    but this was meant for new players awhile back, and the doll they were talking about is not a new player, so how could they have had items from this kollection? She must be a hacker.
    Oh okay!I have never seen this kollection beforešŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøI wish we can get it tho.Btw I started to play last September, maybe I can see this kollection in my rotation.šŸ¤
  • luvs2gruuvluvs2gruuv Registered Users, Member 2,023 Posts
    I hope they are! That would be awesome!Ā Ā 
    Platform: Android/ Doll's name: Syndy KKH
    Level: 73/officially ran out of old story lines at 72
    Ranking: A+++
    Addicted

@blxir this argument is brought up over and over again šŸ™„ literally every single big company has ties to awful people that profit off of them. In a capitalist society itā€™s very very difficult to avoid funding shitty things - including child labor, environmental destruction, poor treatment of workers, etc.Ā 

Implying that POC who have faced discrimination their entire lives are looking for something to ā€œcryā€ about is so ignorant and baseless. Iā€™m sure they would LOVE to not face these issues, they would love to not be discriminated against and then watch white people steal their cultures but they have to. And Iā€™m sure they donā€™t love trying to make ignorant racists see their side but they do because itā€™s the right thing.Ā 

Itā€™s something ā€œsmallā€ people can do to stand up for whatā€™s right. If you donā€™t care then whatever, thatā€™s on you and your cold heart, but donā€™t come in here and involve yourself in the discussion.Ā 
    1. There is a difference between want and need consumption. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism, sure, but you choose what you consume. You want to play this game, it is not a need, so donā€™t bring up capitalism and avoiding funding for crappy things when it is very, very easy to avoid playing this game.

2. I never said anything about POC so donā€™t put words in my mouth. I am speaking on those who actively seek problems surrounding cultural appropriation when it comes to this game (not real life). Using POC hair, skin tones etc. on your character has been called ā€œdigital blackfaceā€ and I feel like so many people on this forum have been trying to insert real life issues in a made up game. Me putting a POC hairstyle or a cultural dress on my doll isnā€™t cultural appropriation - letā€™s get that straight. Things have to be real to have an effect on real life.

3. ā€œStanding up for whatā€™s rightā€ - I fail to understand how barring people from using certain items on their character is somehow the ā€œright thingā€ to do? This game has no impact on our reality, or on any hardships POC face today so why does it matter. This is what leads me to believe people are actively seeking problems where there arenā€™t any.Ā 
    blxir said:
    Itā€™s ironic how yā€™all love to talk about cultural appropriation but still play this game... like you realize Kim Kardashian appropriates culture for a LIVING and you playing this game, watching ads, completing offers etc. is only helping her make her millions. If you were really bothered by it you would stop but I know yā€™all just want something to cry about...
    first off, weā€™re not talking about cultural appropriation. weā€™re talking about racism & representation. very different. so i already know you either didnā€™t read the conversation youā€™ve inserted yourself into, or just want to share your 2 cents for the sake of it.

second, we donā€™t have direct communication with kim. what we do have is communication with @KalindaKing and @kokokokonut who can directly pass on our concerns & frustrations to glu about the game.

third, ā€œbut i know yall just want something to cry aboutā€... baby if you donā€™t care about racism, representation or making people of colour feel welcome & comfortable, just say that.
    Just so you know my comment was unrelated to the discussion that was happening earlier. I was making a general statement. Representation is important and thatā€™s something I strongly believe so donā€™t take my words out of context. I was speaking on how people make an issue out of cultural appropriation in this game as if itā€™s real and affects our reality.Ā 

I still stand behind my Kim comment. You cannot play this game and claim to be against cultural appropriation when Kim is THE cultural appropriator.Ā 
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.