Forum Moderation, Diversity & Show Your Style

KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
Going forward, you will see me and my team working hard to make Kim Kardashian: Hollywood more inclusive and the latest quest with Maya Wu is just one example. The Diversity and Inclusion Discussion thread was created with good intentions. It was created to have a designated thread to discuss diversity and racial issues in a thoughtful and respectful manner. 

Over the last few months, we have noticed a few times where players were judged based on the Show Your Style looks they submitted and posted on the forum. As I’ve said before, you should style looks to express what makes you unique and I don't think anyone needs to change their usual look (such as skin color or hairstyle) to participate. However, players should feel comfortable posting looks on the forum and it’s up to you how you play. 

People come to the forum to discuss the game with other passionate players. Weekly event threads should focus on your experience in the event and personal attacks on other players will not be tolerated. Keep in mind that starting or escalating an argument is against the forum rules. 

If you are concerned about a particular forum post or forum user, please send a message to a moderator. If you are caught in the middle of an argument, it may be better to ignore the posts and escalate the situation to a moderator rather than argue with other forum users about difficult issues.

Koko and I will continue monitoring the forum and try to ensure that this remains a welcoming environment to discuss the game. Many forum users asked us to send warnings before banning people, so that’s what we’re doing. Please take it seriously if you receive a warning message from moderators. If you are not happy with moderation, you still need to follow the forum rules and respect each other. The forum rules are here: https://communities.glu.com/kim-kardashian-hollywood/discussion/5455043/forum-rules

#VIPKalinda
http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
Prev13456710

Comments

• mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    edited April 2021
  • reemareema Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    hanhanhan said:
    “If you are not happy with moderation, you still need to follow the forum rules and respect each other. ”

So essentially we have to suck it up and deal with insufficient moderation even when we voice our concerns and provide clear instructions on what would be more appropriate and appreciated in the forum?

Good to know that Glu clearly doesn’t care! Thanks for confirming :)
    @KalindaKing @kokokokonut
    okay then leave, no one is forcing you to stay lmfao
    @reema you’re right, refusing to address subpar moderation and letting bigots spread their uneducated wings is definitely the better option over listening to poc. 🙄
    if you’d rather we leave than address the problem, you’re a part of the problem. 

i’m glad you’re honest about not caring about poc’s frustrations. the next step is admitting you don’t care about racism. baby steps. 
    dude i’m literally mixed (poc incase that doesn’t register in your brain) . i don’t care. it’s. a. game. put your head in the real world instead of obsessing over a game. the mods clearly don’t care, i don’t care, and i’m sure many others are tired of seeing the same stupid argument every single week (even if no one admits it cause they’re scared of being bullied by bigots). not caring about stupid “digital blackface” ≠ being a racist - i saw some other doll change her skin tone from black to white but nobody cares cause she’s black lmao. let’s just attack all the white people LOL
    edited April 2021
    RRM said:
    @KalindaKing ok just so I'm clear here, are Reema's comments of "just leave" and "it's not that I don't care- I don't" constitute starting a fight/argument?
    dude how am i staring an argument, i’m saying that people like you that you should leave if you care so much. and since @eden_sunshine asked i let her know i don’t care, so confused to how that’s starting an argument lol
  • bethwbethw Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I want to add that I’m white and many others here are, but we have not been attacked because we actually listen and pay attention to these issues. 
  • RRMRRM Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    reema said:
    RRM said:
    @KalindaKing ok just so I'm clear here, are Reema's comments of "just leave" and "it's not that I don't care- I don't" constitute starting a fight/argument?
    dude how am i staring an argument, i’m saying that people like you that you should leave if you care so much. and since @eden_sunshine asked i let her know i don’t care, so confused to how that’s starting an argument lol
    Well, you're adding fuel to a fire in a thread where people are obviously upset. You're clearly not de-escalating anything with your comments, so what was your goal here writing what you did in a thread where tensions are high? 

In all cases I wasn't asking you, I was asking @KalindaKing so I can clearly understand what "starting a fight" or "escalating" constitutes. Not sure why you responded.
  • yadultescentyadultescent Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    bethw said:
    I want to add that I’m white and many others here are, but we have not been attacked because we actually listen and pay attention to these issues. 
    And POC are more likely to be confronted than white people when they make the same. exact. points. because it’s more “palatable” or whatever for white people see other white people pointing out when something is racist even though we aren’t the community being harmed. It’s messed up. It’s not inclusive to welcome cultural appropriation but to ban people who point it out without going to the right moderator first. This is just protecting the people doing the harm. 
    new to the forum, but I've been playing since 2014
    edited April 2021
    @reena congratulations on not caring. that doesn’t give you any type of right to tell me that i shouldn’t care. 
    i shouldn’t have to leave a community because the moderators can’t adequately address poc’s concerns, misgendering, and ban a woman standing up for herself TWICE before so much as giving a warning to the perpetrators of the inappropriate racially charged micro aggressions.
    if you think this is just about the digital blackface- a topic i haven’t  once commented on so as to not speak over black & brown people- then you’re not only dismissive, you’re oblivious.
    my bad for just mentioning the digital blackface, i meant to include the other problems that have been brought up such as the kimono wearing etc etc.

i didn’t say you should have to leave but nobody is forcing you to stay. if you are so dissatisfied with the moderation then the obvious solution would be to leave. 

char being banned is justified as she brought something that had happened on the fb group onto the forum in hopes that farah world be bullied off of it. 
    RRM said:
    reema said:
    RRM said:
    Well, you're adding fuel to a fire in a thread where people are obviously upset. You're clearly not de-escalating anything with your comments, so what was your goal here writing what you did in a thread where tensions are high? 

In all cases I wasn't asking you, I was asking @KalindaKing so I can clearly understand what "starting a fight" or "escalating" constitutes. Not sure why you responded.
    my goal wasn’t to de-escalate the situation, it was to give you a solution. have a problem with the mods and have tried to seek a problem that hasn’t been solved, instead of starting stupid arguments each week that solves nothing, leave and make your own group. 
  • ShayShigilShayShigil Registered Users, Member 337 Posts
    edited April 2021
    @reema wasn’t Farrah the one that went to the FB group and not vice versa? There are screenshots of it in that thread. 
  • bethwbethw Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    But people shouldn’t have to leave this place due to disrespect and racism. If moderators preach to inclusivity and diversity then they should stick to that. They claim it’s a safe place for everyone but it clearly isn’t. Telling people to leave and ignore these issues are just letting them happen imo.
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    edited April 2021
    @reema the girl was called out. It's you who's looking for a justification for your rudeness and dismissive behavior. I don't understand why you think being a POC means that your argument is valid or that it's gonna bring more points. I don't understand ignorant who think being acquainted w a POC makes them literal saints or impossible to actually do/say anything discriminatory.

And btw before you respond. There's no need to. You said yourself that you're uncomfortable w your own skintone while arguing w someone else. That to me tells me what I already need to know and you don't need to try and be sassy and rude and misgender me by calling me dude and stuff so that you can make your point. You're okay w this sh*t here calling it bullying when people take their time to explain to you sh*t that they shouldn't (bc at the end of the f day YOU'RE  the ones so keen about using our culture) and I can 100% say that you're okay w it irl. Bc if you weren't, you wouldn't be the little dismissive, 'run away from your problems' person that you're showing here.
  • Lilith_KKHLilith_KKH Registered Users, Member 182 Posts

Over the last few months, we have noticed a few times where players were judged based on the Show Your Style looks they submitted and posted on the forum. As I’ve said before, you should style looks to express what makes you unique and I don't think anyone needs to change their usual look (such as skin color or hairstyle) to participate. However, players should feel comfortable posting looks on the forum and it’s up to you how you play. 

So the official forum stance is that digital blackface is okay? Are you for real?
    IOS Player - Level 50

Nonbinary - They/He
    @reema wasn’t Farrah the one that went to the FB group and not vice versa? There are screenshots of it in that thread. 
    yes and char brought it here, when it could’ve been resolved on the fb group