🗳️♈SYS - 4/15/21 Aries Season SYS - Season of the Ram!🐏🗳️

Comments

• AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    edited April 2021
    tortor said:
    1-4 looks I’m doing so bad
    God I wish there was a cry reaction!!! Your looks are stunning and I absolutely love that dark red hair color!!! 😢😢😢
    Thank you @tortor and to the 27 people who agreed ❤️ You’re so kind and it means a lot to me
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• YasmonalisaYasmonalisa Registered Users, Member 98 Posts

No luck in this SYS either..
    40votes is my highest :/ 
  • ArtemiisArtemiis Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Looks1-5

• lilirose98lilirose98 Registered Users, Member 621 Posts
    So grateful for my scores. I was doing 30’s for a while a couple SYS back. 
  • JAGTDollJAGTDoll Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    I guess I'm not on theme. :( 
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    Well there goes my shot at the hair 😢

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited April 2021
    Not you @jagdoll your doll looks great.  Although  I'm not sure about the hairstyle for number 3.  It looks like it probably belongs to the the cultural heritage  of poc and should realky only  be used by girls/women of color..   but if I'm wrong,  someone will post a correction. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • christelbensonnchristelbensonn Registered Users, Member 126 Posts
    Just my option from a black girl lol I’ve been seeing ppl giving their option over Setting hairstyles and I personally feel like it’s not fair that black dolls can rock any hair style while white dolls don’t have that option for me it’s just a game, I do understand where some people re coming from about that.  but I personality feel it’s just a game. I don’t agree on the change of colour on ur dolls or change of eyes like some ppl did for the Korean street style sys but hairstyles I just feel it’s whatever works for your doll  
  • lululalulula Registered Users, Member 808 Posts
    are diamond boxes no longer a thing? i would be super happy without them as my diamonds will be safe, but anytime someone has asked about them recently on the forum we get ignored. i wonder why or what is happening?
    Platform: iOS
  • BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts
    Doing better then expected!

Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
  • christelbensonnchristelbensonn Registered Users, Member 126 Posts
    AnnaKKH_ said:
    Just my option from a black girl lol I’ve been seeing ppl giving their option over Setting hairstyles and I personally feel like it’s not fair that black dolls can rock any hair style while white dolls don’t have that option for me it’s just a game, I do understand where some people re coming from about that.  but I personality feel it’s just a game. I don’t agree on the change of colour on ur dolls or change of eyes like some ppl did for the Korean street style sys but hairstyles I just feel it’s whatever works for your doll  
    It’s because in real life, black people are actually the ones who don’t have the option to “rock any hairstyle” because in real life they get bullied and harassed for wearing their natural hairstyles while white people get praised for doing the exact same thing while simultaneously exploiting black culture. I know that in some countries this concept has not really been made aware or understood by people, but this is the perspective that a lot of black dolls have of this forum because they deal with this type of unfair racial bias on a regular basis. And for many of those dolls it’s really not “just a game” because they are actions done by real life people who either aren’t aware or just don’t care about the effect they have on the black community by taking advantage of the same culture that was initially criticized and deemed unprofessional, ghetto, etc when used by the very people who originated that culture
    I do understand what you mean 
  • LindsayRoseLindsayRose Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    i accidentally used an extra ticket when i didn’t mean to 😭💔
  • emmmteeemmmtee Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Looks 1-6 ✨
    Not really sure what I’m doing but loving these astrological themes! cant wait for Gemini season

• deliqhteddeliqhted Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    edited April 2021
    edit: oops forgot to hide names
  • jaderosekkhjaderosekkh Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    @KalindaKing why didn’t we get showstopper boxes?
  • AnnaKKH_AnnaKKH_ Registered Users, Member 186 Posts
    @Lachimolala Hi, just a question, is there a reason why you LOL’d at my post? Nothing about it was funny... Even if you disagree with my and other dolls’ point of view, it’s still disrespectful to laugh whenever someone is trying to share something that is meant to be serious and address such a huge issue.
  • jwawawajwawawa Registered Users, Member 225 Posts
    Not you @jagdoll your doll looks great.  Although  I'm not sure about the hairstyle for number 3.  It looks like it probably belongs to the the cultural heritage  of poc and should realky only  be used by girls/women of color..   but if I'm wrong,  someone will post a correction. :)
    I'm not sure that the hair on #3 is strictly POC. I think it depends on how the rest of the look is styled too?
    Historically speaking though, many varies of locs have been recorded as worn by Celtic people, Germanic tribes, Vikings, early Christians as tribute to Samson (who also wore locs), Egyptians, Pacific Islanders, New Guineans, Somali, Maasai, and other groups.
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    jwawawa said:
    I'm not sure that the hair on #3 is strictly POC. I think it depends on how the rest of the look is styled too?
    Historically speaking though, many varies of locs have been recorded as worn by Celtic people, Germanic tribes, Vikings, early Christians as tribute to Samson (who also wore locs), Egyptians, Pacific Islanders, New Guineans, Somali, Maasai, and other groups.

I'm pretty sure those are meant to be goddess locs.
  • sariesarie Registered Users, Member 833 Posts
    jwawawa said:
    these just to clarify im not trying to attack specifically you but these types of arguments almost exclusively come out when its being argued for white ppl to use these hairstyles. want to have a convo about historic hairstyles fine im not really that knowledgable about it so it would be interesting but better bring reliable sources. 
    but the issue at hand and is that historically speaking black ppl have been margilanized for their hair and ppl pulling out how this one viking tribe or whatever had a version of braids thats similiar or the same suddenly gives you the right to wear said haistyle - of course the modern and polished way black girls rock it!!!! its ridicoulous to me. Have you always had a passion for this or are you just looking for an excuse?? im not even getting into the fact of are you a descendant of said place because as a white person you usually know or have the option to know where your ancestors come from....not black ppl
    basically im not saying that there arent instances of hairstyles overlaying in all types of ethnicities but look at yourself in the mirror and honestly say that these hairstyles are still worn daily or if youre desperately trying to find excuses to wear them for the wrong reasons
    sorry if this is all over the place my brain is faster than my fingers so..this is just how i feel about it. also sorry if i used a specific word in the wrong way im still a foreginer and i just wrote it without proofreading and checking etc
    23yo🦙, 🇨🇿/🇬🇧, Android
  • deliqhteddeliqhted Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    edited April 2021
    jwawawa said:
    vikings and celts had deeply intricate knot work in their hair, not locs. When hair isn’t closely textured, and doesn’t loc naturally, it’s straight up just mats. Sometimes they’d pack the braids with mud to hold them in place in battles which the romans would mistake for dreads. They weren’t out here with goddess locs, box braids, and their edges laid. Also i dont think you may have done any research at all with all those tribes and groups you stated because they’re all predominantly black... Somalis are black muslims located in Somalia which is in East Africa. Maasai are a Kenyan tribe. Ancient Egyptians were black (which is a whole other discussion.) New Guinea is located in Melanesia which is a Pacific Island and literally translates to Black Island and pretty much all of its inhabitants are black. If anything you just proved the point that these hairstyles were created by black people for black people. Also anyone else please feel free to correct anything I’ve said! 
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    Gigi_ said:
    Cool cool cool no doubt no doubt 

Well, I see head to toe red so that's the theme, technically that look is killing it 😂
  • emmmteeemmmtee Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Did some quick voting and spotted some cute looks!
    thought I’d share!

• LachimolalaLachimolala Registered Users, Member 964 Posts
    Gigi_ said:
    Cool cool cool no doubt no doubt 

I voted for that Jessica rabbit look!
  • samantha143samantha143 Registered Users, Member 555 Posts
    emmmtee said:
    Did some quick voting and spotted some cute looks!
    thought I’d share!

That’s me in the first row, thanks for the vote 😊
    It’s a beautiful day to save lives 💞