🗳️♈SYS - 4/15/21 Aries Season SYS - Season of the Ram!🐏🗳️

Comments

• KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    edited April 2021

5 6 7 8, I'm officially out of red dye. I like #7 so far

Although my scores are reasonably good I don't think I'll get a single ts item 
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    1-8 

Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    emmym said:

Giving aries season realness🥰👏👏
    I like that you’re embracing that chaotic Aries energy 😂😍 the slippers are my favorite part 
  • jwawawajwawawa Registered Users, Member 225 Posts
    @KkhElena thanks! They're certainly fitting for a goddess, they're stunning! 🖤

@sarie just to clarify, but the way that was written did feel like an attack (especially because of the numerous ? and ! lol). I didn't say this one tribe did it so its ok for all white people to do it. And I didn't use the argument that typically comes up with these conversations of "I don't care about your opinion, I like it and I do what I want" (because that's a horrible argument and a terrible way to act). Honestly, I'm not even trying to argue for white people to be able to use the hairstyle (thats why I said that it would depend on the rest of the way the look was styled). I was only saying that it's not only a POC style, historically speaking. I also would never say that this isn't a POC style, of course it is. 
    Since you asked, I've always been absolutely obsessed with POC hairstyles (but have never worn them because I respect their heritage and culture, and i know it's not my place) but oh my god! 😍 POC have so much more pride for their hairstyles and put so much more effort in and it SHOWS. They're all stunning and I love them all. I've also been obsessed with viking lore since I was a kid. It started with the stereotypes and stories that we know today, but I've done a pretty good amount of reading and research over the years.
    You're right, in a modern sense it's definately primarily POC that wear this style, I never said otherwise. And I'm definitely not "desperately trying to find excuses to wear them" and certainly not for the wrong reasons. I was strictly speaking historically, and said the rest of the look (features, outfit, makeup) were important to add context to the type of loc since there can be some overlap in loc variants.
    Also, as I mention below to deliqhted, of course it's a Modern styling. If Vikings were still around today, their hairstyle would have evolved with all other styles to become more modern and to be better kept since our hair products are way better than the ones they used lol but honestly, if they want to give me the opportunity to wear badass battle locs that Vikings would have worn, then I am absolutely here for it! Give me a viking SYS and battlehammer handhelds 🖤 lol

@deliqhted from my research and understanding, mattlocks are a type of loc. Intricate knot work can also be considered a type of loc, depending on the overall styling.
    Also, to be fair, I don't know that the original POC ancestors were out there 'rocking goddess locs, box braids, and their edges laid' lol if Vikings with this style were truly still around today rather than dying out, don't you think their hairstyling would have evolved too? Modern Vikings would likely not be putting mud in their hair lol they'd run down to the store or order off Amazon like the rest of us lol
    Lastly, I'm well aware that some of the groups I mentioned were POC. Locs are very obviously more prominent in POC nowadays, and I absolutely have done my research on the topic. What I said was that there were, historically, a large variety of locs worn on a large variety of people all over the globe. So of course I included all ends of that spectrum. Why on earth would I leave out the POC? I was only saying that they weren't solely created by black people for black people; other groups had a variety of something similar, and I highly doubt they had gotten the idea from POC at the time.

All - I swear I didn't come here to fight 😭🖤
  • jwawawajwawawa Registered Users, Member 225 Posts
    Just to add, in case it's not clear - I do not think that white people should wear POC hairstyles. I do not think that people should change their skintone to something outside of a tone they typically have. 
    I do think that people should be able to support their own ancestors/heritage in appropriate situations. A modern day beach trip SYS where your doll is in a bikini? Stick to your culture's modern stylings. A not-so-modern warrior SYS? Bring on the vikings and gladiators and samurai and amazons! I want to see everyone's badass ancestors 🖤
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    jwawawa said:
    @KkhElena thanks! They're certainly fitting for a goddess, they're stunning! 🖤

@sarie just to clarify, but the way that was written did feel like an attack (especially because of the numerous ? and ! lol). I didn't say this one tribe did it so its ok for all white people to do it. And I didn't use the argument that typically comes up with these conversations of "I don't care about your opinion, I like it and I do what I want" (because that's a horrible argument and a terrible way to act). Honestly, I'm not even trying to argue for white people to be able to use the hairstyle (thats why I said that it would depend on the rest of the way the look was styled). I was only saying that it's not only a POC style, historically speaking. I also would never say that this isn't a POC style, of course it is. 
    Since you asked, I've always been absolutely obsessed with POC hairstyles (but have never worn them because I respect their heritage and culture, and i know it's not my place) but oh my god! 😍 POC have so much more pride for their hairstyles and put so much more effort in and it SHOWS. They're all stunning and I love them all. I've also been obsessed with viking lore since I was a kid. It started with the stereotypes and stories that we know today, but I've done a pretty good amount of reading and research over the years.
    You're right, in a modern sense it's definately primarily POC that wear this style, I never said otherwise. And I'm definitely not "desperately trying to find excuses to wear them" and certainly not for the wrong reasons. I was strictly speaking historically, and said the rest of the look (features, outfit, makeup) were important to add context to the type of loc since there can be some overlap in loc variants.
    Also, as I mention below to deliqhted, of course it's a Modern styling. If Vikings were still around today, their hairstyle would have evolved with all other styles to become more modern and to be better kept since our hair products are way better than the ones they used lol but honestly, if they want to give me the opportunity to wear badass battle locs that Vikings would have worn, then I am absolutely here for it! Give me a viking SYS and battlehammer handhelds 🖤 lol

@deliqhted from my research and understanding, mattlocks are a type of loc. Intricate knot work can also be considered a type of loc, depending on the overall styling.
    Also, to be fair, I don't know that the original POC ancestors were out there 'rocking goddess locs, box braids, and their edges laid' lol if Vikings with this style were truly still around today rather than dying out, don't you think their hairstyling would have evolved too? Modern Vikings would likely not be putting mud in their hair lol they'd run down to the store or order off Amazon like the rest of us lol
    Lastly, I'm well aware that some of the groups I mentioned were POC. Locs are very obviously more prominent in POC nowadays, and I absolutely have done my research on the topic. What I said was that there were, historically, a large variety of locs worn on a large variety of people all over the globe. So of course I included all ends of that spectrum. Why on earth would I leave out the POC? I was only saying that they weren't solely created by black people for black people; other groups had a variety of something similar, and I highly doubt they had gotten the idea from POC at the time.

GLU! We would love a Viking themed SYS with a battle hammer handheld!!!
    edited April 2021
    "Stick to your culture"? The hell, this gives the same vibes as "go back to your country" lol

But that's just me honestly, I'm not very woke, don't listen to me on these matters
  • sariesarie Registered Users, Member 833 Posts
    @jwawawa i really didnt mean for it to be targeted towards you and what you said i was speaking more in general and i overuse punctuation so to me it doesnt set the tone very much. (and i got from your initial post that youre not trying to justify the use for yourself) I've just seen too many ppl trying to use it as an excuse while not really knowing anything about the historical hair in the first place and I got very ranty as I wrote it. (I personally would love to see a regency era dress as a weekend event or something 🤣 a girl can dream)
    23yo🦙, 🇨🇿/🇬🇧, Android
  • haylee7haylee7 Registered Users, Member 483 Posts
    1-8! Having a ball with all my red dye this SYS. wish I got orange dye more often!! 

• deliqhteddeliqhted Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    edited April 2021
    jwawawa said:

I never said our poc ancestors were wearing goddess locs and having their edges laid. I was referring to the ingame hairstyle since you said vikings wore them. As for box braids, our ancestors actually were rocking them! They’ve been around for thousands of years! And as for the groups you included, i dont think you got my point that they’re not just poc, they’re black, therefore allowed to wear locs/braids! You said you wanted to include people from around the globe but actually three of them were from africa, where these hairstyles originated, and two other groups which have traces back to africa. Not trying to fight either, just want to be sure you understand where we come from. 
    Hey is there a real life inspiration for the earnable dress from this SYS? It's kind of growing on me a lot
  • bethwbethw Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    the way that we can’t go one sys without a discussion about what qualifies for cultural appropriation... for better or worse... for who is or right or wrong... jesus christ.
    this is exhausting. 
    With Koko and Kalinda nowhere to be seen 💀
    bethw said:
    the way that we can’t go one sys without a discussion about what qualifies for cultural appropriation... for better or worse... for who is or right or wrong... jesus christ.
    this is exhausting. 
    With Koko and Kalinda nowhere to be seen 💀
    Koko is on page 7
  • kkhxiokkhxio Registered Users, Member 1,650 Posts

my 2 highest scores 😊 i’ve been doing really good in this sys 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Please focus on comments about the game and be respectful while posting on the forum. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Koakuma said:
    Hey is there a real life inspiration for the earnable dress from this SYS? It's kind of growing on me a lot
    I know @AliBryant is always on the mark with inspirations for game dresses.  There are a few other dolls wonderful in tracking down real life looks, but Ali is the one that comes to mind. Maybe she knows if no one posts here with the info.  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • liltiffsliltiffs Registered Users, Member 122 Posts

Let’s see how the curse follows... 
    Platform : iOS 

Good luck @liltiffs. Maybe you’ll be lucky.  :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Who wants to see my looks and scores since I got my 60?

your looks are fabulous.  You should have gotten all 50 somethings.   :/
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • YoMommaYoMomma Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts

Seriously gorgeous dolls in the VB 💕
  • BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts

Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
    A few more 🔥🔥 looks that I spotted in the voting booth 

• watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    looks 3-8: after scoring in the 30s for so long, i finally broke 40! i have made my peace with not getting the ts prizes 

UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socials https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkh 
  • letusletus Registered Users, Member 760 Posts
    Looks 5-9
    I’m loving this theme and everyone’s creativity!

iOS free player 🇧🇷 ✨
    my doll’s name is leticia 
  • Emme1216Emme1216 Registered Users, Member 406 Posts
    Please please please LOL because I am SO embarrassed by this.

FIRST OF ALL I accidentally used an extra ticket and the only thing I even considered liking this week was the hair. THEN for the first time in MONTHS, I got great scores.

• pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    I’m trying all sorts of things with what I got but I don’t quite know where this is going...

Also never thought I’d ditch the blonde hair colour for an event.