Forum Moderation, Diversity & Show Your Style

Comments

• Kween_of_the_KastleKween_of_the_Kastle Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    Better Business Bureau is nonprofit and easier to contact and file a complaint than GLU managers. Also, asking for the contact of someone in charge gets you banned so next stop...

Thank you @kokokokonut or @KalindaKing for deleting the suspected hacker I reported LOLing at my above post 😘😘
  • tofutanvikkhtofutanvikkh Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    Hi, I’m pretty new here, however I believe that I could be a good moderator. I’m not entirely well versed with exact rules, but I do believe I have a good head on my shoulders and like to understand everyone’s points of view without creating any conflict. I don’t know if anyone else has offered, and I’m starting to think I’ll eventually just be ignored but, @KalindaKing, I’d love to know how I could go about taking a mod role. I’d like to see if I’m fit for it and see if I can help the community in my own way. 
  • pristinepersonpristineperson Registered Users, Member 2,659 Posts
    So our complaints are still getting ignored huh?

The forum is at a low point with how the mods have been lately, I really wanna see improvements with the forum,
    stop ignoring our complaints, unban Char! and stop giving warnings/bans to people for just speaking up and give us more mods, I would love to see some poc mods here! 
    Do better Koko and Kalinda, stop ignoring us.

Also why not actually respond to our complaints in this thread as well? 
  • hanhanhanhanhanhan Registered Users, Member 153 Posts
    Do you plan to actually moderate the forum and respond properly to our many complaints and concerns?
    Or was this thread just a way to get us all in one corner and ignore us while you continue about your days?
    @KalindaKing @kokokokonut
  • bethwbethw Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    If y’all are gonna ignore what everyone is saying here, can you hire moderators that won’t? 
  • Galaxaura14Galaxaura14 Registered Users, Member 284 Posts
    It doesn't surprise me that nothing has been done to clean up the forum from problematic users AND moderators. A quick glance at Glu's website tells you all you need to know: I only made out maybe one to three people of color in those company pictures on their website. 

I'm curious about the forum moderators dedicated to Glu's other mobile games and how issues of racism, transphobia, cultural appropriation, etc. are handled.
    She/Her
    Android
  • tofutanvikkhtofutanvikkh Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    Ok so, it’s literally 1:49AM where I live, but I’ve gone through certain discussions on here, specifically the arguments that came about in the alien invasion SYS thread, and I genuinely think it’s important to put this out...

JUST BE A DECENT, RESPECTFUL HUMAN. 

It’s really not tough to be respectful of other players here, if someone points out that they’re not comfortable with you using POC hair, stop using it, or at least don’t fight about it. Just keep quiet and admit you made a damn mistake, no shame in it. I’ve also seen so much ignorance from Glu itself, which is genuinely appalling. The fact that there’s been two useless diversity threads which have only angered people is just embarrassing lol. Many people I’ve seen on here seem to have gotten banned over supposedly “picking an argument”, but when somebody is racist, they get off with a warning. 

Another issue is Glu’s support staff having accused a player of hacking when they haven’t done so, and been extremely rude. Everyone here needs to do better and be respectful of each other. 

Peace out, 
           Your resident mom friend. 
  • aymandiaymandi Registered Users, Member 125 Posts
    oh dear... i can't even begin to explain how I feel at the moment. 

as i mentioned in another thread, i am not very active in this forum, a comment here and there from time to time but nothing more. finding this conversation today has opened my eyes to an extremely worrying situation happening here and I feel completely horrified, so i'm just going to say this:

it is NOT enough to be "non-racist", or to give a soft warning to incredibly racist and rude users, or turning a blind eye to unfair situations. we need to learn how to be ACTIVELY anti-racist. and how do we do that? involving education and knowledge-sharing to the point where EVERYONE is committed to racial justice. 

it doesn’t matter if it is in a game or in real life, full-on racism and racial microaggressions (or of any kind) shouldn’t even be considered. EVER. it's just wrong. 

please, understand that this isn’t being disruptive or disrespectful. we are REAL people voicing concern about a situation that is VERY triggering and hurtful. this is not like any game suggestion that can be rejected. it doesn’t compare. a change NEEDS to happen. even if that means getting more moderators or just sticking to the rules and being very clear about the fact that racism is just NOT TOLERATED. 

i really hope you guys listen and bring change for the better. i know that you can do it, is not hard. @KalindaKing @kokokokonut

because as long as things don't change, we will all feel sad, frustrated, outraged, and completely unsafe.

mandi ♥️
    iOS
    english / español
  • PrincessCDettePrincessCDette Registered Users, Member 413 Posts
    I wish the silence from mods on this thread meant they were working to fix the issues but we all know that isn't true.
    I'm a feminist, activist, fangirl, princess and a pet parent. Yes, a princess AND a feminist. The duality in my personality makes me great! 
    Android User off an on from 2014

• KKHClassActionKKHClassAction Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    New poster here. I am an older, long time player and have been following this discussion for awhile now.

I think it is obvious that @KalindaKing is a low level social media manager at GLU. She has zero authority over the in-game decisions that are made by higher ups. Her job is to be an (opaque) line of communication between the players and the company, to send them feedback on how players are experiencing the game, and to uphold GLU's reputation online.

She likely has a great working relationship with her direct supervisor(s) and was given free reign to manage the KKH online forum and social media channels however she deems appropriate. No one above her at GLU cares or wants to be bothered with this stuff unless it becomes a public embarrassment. Managing online customer feedback is a necessary evil of running a business these days and one that the bigwigs are happy to offload to someone at Kalinda's professional level so they can focus on more important things --$$$$.

She is told by the higher ups or she knows based on her own professional experience what she can and cannot say about the game. Notice how responsive she is when players point out technical glitches in the game (that interfere with people's ability to play and spend money), but she is noticeably quiet when discussions happen around the mechanics of the game (i.e. the rigged SYS), the racism on the social media channels, etc.?

Trust, she is fully aware of the complaints and tags in this post. But I get the sense that she is in over her head on the racism stuff and has no idea how to properly address or resolve it. The posters that have been leading the discussions on racism on this board are much more educated and informed on the subject than she is. She has no idea what to say and is probably terrified of saying the wrong thing so her solution was to put all the complaints in one thread that she can then ignore. She will not discuss these issues with her boss(es) because that would be an indication of her failure in her role.

Everything she writes on this board is carefully planned. I would not expect an in-depth, transparent answer from her about any of this. 
  • astaasta Registered Users, Member 669 Posts
    New poster here. I am an older, long time player and have been following this discussion for awhile now.

I think it is obvious that @KalindaKing is a low level social media manager at GLU. She has zero authority over the in-game decisions that are made by higher ups. Her job is to be an (opaque) line of communication between the players and the company, to send them feedback on how players are experiencing the game, and to uphold GLU's reputation online.

She likely has a great working relationship with her direct supervisor(s) and was given free reign to manage the KKH online forum and social media channels however she deems appropriate. No one above her at GLU cares or wants to be bothered with this stuff unless it becomes a public embarrassment. Managing online customer feedback is a necessary evil of running a business these days and one that the bigwigs are happy to offload to someone at Kalinda's professional level so they can focus on more important things --$$$$.

She is told by the higher ups or she knows based on her own professional experience what she can and cannot say about the game. Notice how responsive she is when players point out technical glitches in the game (that interfere with people's ability to play and spend money), but she is noticeably quiet when discussions happen around the mechanics of the game (i.e. the rigged SYS), the racism on the social media channels, etc.?

Trust, she is fully aware of the complaints and tags in this post. But I get the sense that she is in over her head on the racism stuff and has no idea how to properly address or resolve it. The posters that have been leading the discussions on racism on this board are much more educated and informed on the subject than she is. She has no idea what to say and is probably terrified of saying the wrong thing so her solution was to put all the complaints in one thread that she can then ignore. She will not discuss these issues with her boss(es) because that would be an indication of her failure in her role.

Everything she writes on this board is carefully planned. I would not expect an in-depth, transparent answer from her about any of this. 
    hahaha sure you’re right, but what kind of undercover corporate foolery is this
  • KKHClassActionKKHClassAction Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    asta said:
    hahaha sure you’re right, but what kind of undercover corporate foolery is this
    Haha I should have clarified: I am not an employee of GLU, nor connected at all to anyone there. I'm just old; older than 99% of the people on this forum and surely outside the age range of people who should still be playing this game :D . But it is a fun game and I enjoy looking at all the other dolls and outfit ideas in other threads. 

I have seen you all getting increasingly frustrated and thought I would chime in with am "old person's perspective". I have been frustrated and ignored by businesses before, too, but I also get how things sometimes work behind the scenes. I will resume lurking but I wanted you players to know you are in the right. You all are so creative with your looks and ideas and you make the game its very best. They should listen to you.
  • Silvana19Silvana19 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    If this forum is diverse I suggest that Kalinda and Koko should watch  Leigh-Anne: Race, Pop & Power, it is available in BBC i player and on Youtube
    @kokokokonut @KalindaKing i’m still waiting 

I am now coming to this thread to see what meme you've posted because I've given up all hope that either Kalinda or KoKo will respond.
    I'm a feminist, activist, fangirl, princess and a pet parent. Yes, a princess AND a feminist. The duality in my personality makes me great! 

The latest storyline of the royal exit ttb is latest example of tone-deafness
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    Everything the mods allow on here is a huge reason why I'm not active like I used to be on here. Allowing racist people to speak their mind and banning those who defend themselves is why I pulled back from being a daily active forum member. I get on to speak to my squad, and occasionally another thread, but other than that I don't participate like I use to. I've not read all of this thread, only the last 2 pages because I'm not on here like that anymore. I was going to let my daughter join the forum since she loves the game so much, but I won't because of everything that is allowed on here by the mods. I don't want her to read a post that's attacking her heritage, looks, hair, etc. Some of the crap that's allowed on here is sickening and heartbreaking to read, and grown women are letting this happen. 
    #DoBetter

🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
    @KalindaKing This in the current SYS thread right now. This doll clearly changed her skin tone to mimic an alien. This is offensive. She needs to understand that this isn't a joke to me or a lot of other people here.

• StellaKKHStellaKKH Registered Users, Member 289 Posts
    edited June 2021

🦄 iOS player 🦄
    🌊 Playing since 2020 🌊
    🦩Feel free to add me on FB (:🦩