🗳️🌶️ SYS 5/3/21- Festival in Mexico!🌵🗳️

Comments

• AnnaKKH_AnnaKKH_ Registered Users, Member 186 Posts
    @Jayy_kkh I feel like it’s very hit or miss, because a lot of the time even TB will intentionally start later because everyone realized that starting later means less competition, so now sometimes I experience that starting later actually leads to more TB than I would have had if I started right away! So honestly I feel like it depends on what you’re feeling but other dolls may have a different opinion than I do.
  • mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    Nikki114 said:
    I have been on hunt for this dress since I saw it last St patricks - Can you tag me on the looking for diamond item thread or DM when you plan to use it please :)
  • Pacha21Pacha21 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    edited May 2021

Happy with my scores 😊 But also VERYYY annoyed, because this basic ticket buyer is in first place (I’m in 2nd place right now). 

• KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,872 Posts
    edited May 2021
    @KkhAngelica
    unfortunately when we do try to talk about it, regardless of the relevant culture, the people trying to stand up for themselves are the ones targeted by the mods (ie. the entire discrimination & inclusivity topic, the korean street style topic, some posts on the alien sys) who ultimately never truly address the issue unless their hand is forced when the perpetrator starts using slurs or explicitly states that they don’t care about people of colour or their culture/s. it’s the same story every time.
    And that needs to change tbh. People need to stop being insensitive, ignorant and be more aware and respectful. And educate themselves more on things like this because although, this is just a game, it happens in real life way too often when it shouldn’t. 
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
  • AnnaKKH_AnnaKKH_ Registered Users, Member 186 Posts
    @KkhElena I hope you get better soon!!❤️
  • agrcicagrcic Registered Users, Member 330 Posts
    viola said:

someone recognize the left outfit??
    it’s from the 5 year kimiversary event!
  • lilirose98lilirose98 Registered Users, Member 621 Posts
    brunakkh said:
    Although I am happy to see more cultures represented in the game (sth I have always asked for personally), its also opportunity for some people to disrespect that culture, maybe for ignorance or for being insensitive. I understand how insulting it can be to mix holidays and use them as a costume. I would also like to add that, as a latina, I dont think its ok to use bathing suits in this kind of sys just because its a “warmer” country. 
    I too am Latina and when I saw the background and dolls dressed in bathing suits I asked myself what does this have to do with Cinco de Mayo. Glu doesn’t help! This is beautiful 🤩 
    My first two looks, they are not perfect but I did use the kollection and it didn’t score well for me.

• brunakkhbrunakkh Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    @lilirose98 I love your first looks ♥️
    IOS player
    🌸 be nice to each other 🌸
    brunakkh said:
    @lilirose98 I love your first looks ♥️
    Thank you! 
    Koakuma said:

1 and 2
    I know these scores are nothing special but considering how pitifully I've been doing the past SYSes, I feel great lol
    Beautiful! 😍 
  • YasmonalisaYasmonalisa Registered Users, Member 98 Posts
    edited May 2021

I don’t think im going to do good this SYS 
    ☹️
    Idk i really thought the second outfit would at least be in 40s..
  • kiraraquelkiraraquel Registered Users, Member 230 Posts
    First two looks. Did better than I thought they would.
  • KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,872 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this event! I would love to tell the team how we can improve in the future.

It seems like you were initially excited about this theme, but including a skull purse in the diamond kollection was a bad idea. Is that correct?

If we run another SYS event to celebrate Mexican culture, how would you change it? For example, would you run it at a different time with a different name that's unrelated to Cinco de Mayo? Would you change the background or prizes?
    I would like if all cultures were put in as an sys (all Latin and Hispanic cultures ETC) but don’t use people’s culture in an inappropriate way. It isn’t nice. And adding different diversities to the game is amazing. 
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
  • arifromkkharifromkkh Registered Users, Member 269 Posts
    ok so im mexican, and as other dolls have said, we dont really celebrate 5 de Mayo, where i live, we just get the day off, Puebla is the only place that celebrates it, and its not even call 5 de Mayo lol, its known as la Batalla de Puebla, I honestly never related the phrase "5 de Mayo" to a holiday or celebration until i heard USA americans say it. So if im being honest, I feel like this sys doesnt even celebrate mexican culture, just the white washed idea of what mexican culture is, as i said, USA americans took this date and decided that it was the date to perpetuate mexican stereotypes and "celebrate" our culture, when in reality september 15/16 is where Mexico actually celebrates Mexico, we have mexican parties, its very fun, and ofc, Dia de Muertos, which is on November 2nd. I honestly dont think a lot of mexicans will be celebrating this may 5th lol, just USA americans, so theres no point to this event, or at least not one that celebrates mexican culture. 
    5 de Mayo feels as if USA took our culture, celebrates it, but we are not invited lol
    Im not mad at this event, is just that it couldve been done in a date we mexicans actually get to celebrate and be extra proud to be mexicans.
    Anyway, stan mexican culture lol, its the most beautiful culture EVER, in my opinion, so diverse, so fun, so colorful <3
  • arifromkkharifromkkh Registered Users, Member 269 Posts
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this event! I would love to tell the team how we can improve in the future.

It seems like you were initially excited about this theme, but including a skull purse in the diamond kollection was a bad idea. Is that correct?

If we run another SYS event to celebrate Mexican culture, how would you change it? For example, would you run it at a different time with a different name that's unrelated to Cinco de Mayo? Would you change the background or prizes?
    I dont think that putting the purse was wrong or a bad idea, i think it coulve been executed better, feels like it reduces mexican culture to Dia de Muertos, and we have tons and tons of other holidays and celebrations. 
    I feel like a mexican themed sys should run in a date that we mexicans actually celebrate, like 15 de Septiembre or Dia de Muertos, I´d like the prizes to be more specific, the prizes for this sys could be confused for literally any other hispanic culture.
    Pls do a Dia de Muertos sys the first week of november, I would die for a catrina look lol
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    I wanted a sombrero tbh
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    I'm excited for this theme, as i was growing up watching Thalia's telenovela and Rosalinda is my favorite! She is so beautiful and become my puberty goals 😄

Actually i truly hope the prizes are more like this

WOW @violettaelliot this is so gorgeous! I would love to travel all over Mexico someday and learn about all the different cultures!
  • thetwentyeighththetwentyeighth Registered Users, Member 184 Posts

Well okay then.
  • daniifritedaniifrite Registered Users, Member 24 Posts

I think that día de los muertos/day of the death would be a pretty cool way of showcasing our beautiful culture. But if you want to implement this in the future, and not only regarding Mexican culture, but any culture in the world, please make sure that the theme, event, prizes, etc., are well informed and not stereotypical in any way. 
    I used extra tickets because my scores are so bad. I thought the yellow one deserved a higher score but who knows. Let’s see what the next look gets me. 1st place doll has the spa look, mask and all.