🗳️🌶️ SYS 5/3/21- Festival in Mexico!🌵🗳️

Comments

• arifromkkharifromkkh Registered Users, Member 269 Posts
    edited May 2021
    I had hoped people wouldn't confuse Día De Los Muertos with Cinco De Mayo when I saw the name of this SYS. Sadly they have. I wanted to wait until some of the Mexican dolls spoke up before I said anything so as not to get anything wrong. I would like to add that Google is free. It's easy to search the internet for things to use in certain SYS themed events especially when they have to do with a specific culture. Do a cursory search before you use something sacred like La Catrina and offend someone. Coco is a whole movie that explains the significance on a easy to understand level of the holiday Día De Los Muertos, at this point there's no excuse.
    Love ur point, i agree, just a correction, la Catrina is not sacred, it was an illustration made by artist to mock indegineous women that became rich and wanted to distance themselves from their culture and despise said culture, women that wanted to appear european. it has evolved to represent death and has become the icon of dia de muertos and mexico in general, but it started as social criticism
  • watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    edited October 2021
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socials https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkh 
  • Jayy_kkhJayy_kkh Registered Users, Member 317 Posts

Ugh I was getting high 40s in the last SYS but now I’m back to mid 30s. I know my looks aren’t the best but it’s really disappointing to see the these scores 
  • PrincessCDettePrincessCDette Registered Users, Member 414 Posts
    I had hoped people wouldn't confuse Día De Los Muertos with Cinco De Mayo when I saw the name of this SYS. Sadly they have. I wanted to wait until some of the Mexican dolls spoke up before I said anything so as not to get anything wrong. I would like to add that Google is free. It's easy to search the internet for things to use in certain SYS themed events especially when they have to do with a specific culture. Do a cursory search before you use something sacred like La Catrina and offend someone. Coco is a whole movie that explains the significance on a easy to understand level of the holiday Día De Los Muertos, at this point there's no excuse.
    Love ur point, i agree, just a correction, la Catrina is not sacred, it was an illustration made by artist to mock indegineous women that became rich and wanted to distance themselves from their culture and despise said culture, women that wanted to appear european. it has evolved to represent death and has become the icon of dia de muertos and mexico in general, but it started as social criticism
    Thanks. I didn't know that and didn't actually see it in my own search. That's a really interesting fact. But it is the exact illustration of what we're talking about. I said a thing that was wrong and was corrected and instead of doubling down on a thing I was clearly wrong about I learned a cool new thing today. It's easy. Some of y'all should try it.
    I'm a feminist, activist, fangirl, princess and a pet parent. Yes, a princess AND a feminist. The duality in my personality makes me great! 
    Android User off an on from 2014

• DaisyJDaisyJ Registered Users, Member 394 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Villa12 said:
    DaisyJ said:
    Is the new kollection showing up for everyone? I have yet to see it in my game and don’t have any pending updates.
    I think the next new kollection is until May 7th
    Thank you! I’m just wondering if I’m missing something because I keep seeing that mini red dress and the boots with flowers and the flower choker so I was wondering if that was from the new kollection.

Edited to add the dress. Where is it from?

• arifromkkharifromkkh Registered Users, Member 269 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Thanks. I didn't know that and didn't actually see it in my own search. That's a really interesting fact. But it is the exact illustration of what we're talking about. I said a thing that was wrong and was corrected and instead of doubling down on a thing I was clearly wrong about I learned a cool new thing today. It's easy. Some of y'all should try it.
    Agreed 100%, its about being open to be wrong and to be corrected, so sad some people always think they are right and become disrespectful as a result
  • periimiaperiimia Registered Users, Member 229 Posts
    boujeejen said:
    tortor said:
    Ok im on iOS and I’ve never spotted a hacker in the voting booth before. I thought this could only happen on Android!!!

lmao as immature as this sounds, a hacker in the vb creeps me out 💀just blatantly in the prize clothing
    That is weird 😅They don’t even scare to get ban and use unrealesed items😂I think they re child😅
  • watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    @tortor there are hackers on ios too! it’s not as obvious as android because they don’t have the white hand 
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socials https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkh 
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    @tortor there are hackers on ios too! it’s not as obvious as android because they don’t have the white hand 
    I had no idea because i had never before seen unreleased items in the VB or in my TS group! 😱😱 this makes me really sad
  • Villa12Villa12 Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Koakuma said:
    Villa12 said:

I’m half Latina and I grew up watching Rebelde my fav show. So I decided to recreate Mia as best as I could lol. I don’t know if I should submit this look. Would y’all vote? 
    Oh dear, I'm getting war flashbacks. I dyed my hair like Roberta's back then 🤣
    I was a little 10 (11? I don't know I was in middle school) year old with hair like this (but also red)

Younger me is jealous lol. I always wanted to do my hair like Roberta lol. I was still in elementary when this show came out😅 so my mom wouldn’t let me get my hair dyed so she’ll only let me put those diamonds Mia would use😂 
  • Villa12Villa12 Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    DaisyJ said:
    Villa12 said:
    DaisyJ said:
    Is the new kollection showing up for everyone? I have yet to see it in my game and don’t have any pending updates.
    I think the next new kollection is until May 7th
    Thank you! I’m just wondering if I’m missing something because I keep seeing that mini red dress and the boots with flowers and the flower choker so I was wondering if that was from the new kollection.

Edited to add the dress. Where is it from?

That’s in the Kollection we have right now. That’s weird you don’t have it tho it’s been out for a while now. Maybe message @KalindaKing or ask support? 

• KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

"death is democratic". never thought I would get to see a discussion of Posada on a gaming board, but it is nice to see. 

Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • nhq1012nhq1012 Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    I really enjoy the theme but again, my scores sucked 🥲🥲🥲

• pastelsandflowerspastelsandflowers Registered Users, Member 114 Posts

Woke up to find I am missing two tickets as my ticket timer has been frozen!

Can’t wait to contact glu support to find out there’s nothing they can do about an issue in an glu game LMAO 
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    YoMomma said:

Think I’ve finally found the right ensemble for these boots 🙌🏻🙌🏻
    Love this!! I was thinking this???

• Nath_2019Nath_2019 Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Villa12 said:

I’m half Latina and I grew up watching Rebelde my fav show. So I decided to recreate Mia as best as I could lol. I don’t know if I should submit this look. Would y’all vote? 
    pls!!! I had a lot of things of Rebelde. Costumes, cards, a lot of magazines, cds, dvds lmaaao!!!
    •Playing KKH since August/19
    English isn't my first language
    •Nathalia in the game
    •iOS ❣ 20y

• kkhsamkkhsam Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    Looks 1-4 ✨

• YoMommaYoMomma Registered Users, Member 1,307 Posts
    tortor said:
    YoMomma said:

I love how you’ve styled them too! Definitely need some more inspo for them 💕🙌🏻💕
  • KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,872 Posts
    Top 4 highest looks! ❤️
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
  • lilirose98lilirose98 Registered Users, Member 621 Posts
    YoMomma said:
    tortor said:
    YoMomma said:

I love how you’ve styled them too! Definitely need some more inspo for them 💕🙌🏻💕
    You dolls look fabulous ❤️. If you don’t mind, I was thinking the same thing. I put together these :)

• letusletus Registered Users, Member 760 Posts
    My first 5 looks! Having fun this sys and really enjoyed the culture explanation given by the mexican dolls! 

iOS free player 🇧🇷 ✨
    my doll’s name is leticia 
  • BenedettaKKHBenedettaKKH Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    Look 1-5... I’m not sure of what I’m doing, but it’s not that bad