šŸ—³ļøā™‰ SYS 5/6/21 Taurus Season SYS ā™‰ šŸ—³ļø

Comments

• KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    edited May 2021
    LAdoll24 said:
    Styling baby hairs is not new or exclusive to POC. But I guess because some people who are born white and born with baby hairs should just let the baby hairs sticking up or flying away and not style them like the rest of their hair. Completely ridiculous.Ā 

It isn't but if you could educate yourself about it instead of being hostile and defensive. That would be nice.Ā 
  • arifromkkharifromkkh Registered Users, Member 269 Posts
    Johanaa said:

Idk why but these banners fill my heart, maybe bc i love graphic design lol
    edited May 2021
    lulula said:
    Would you guys consider the TS hairstyle be considered a black hairstyle then due to the baby hairs? Or is it alright for anyone to wear it? (edit: i'm definitely not gonna fight for the hair, but for future hairstyles in the game, I would like to know!)
    I really don't know. The hair in general seems of bad quality. I personally don't mind due to the fact that we already have a few hairstyles that are lightly curly or just straight w edges (as long as nobody is being hostile or over defensive).
  • arifromkkharifromkkh Registered Users, Member 269 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    LAdoll24 said:
    Styling baby hairs is not new or exclusive to POC. But I guess because some people who are born white and born with baby hairs should just let the baby hairs sticking up or flying away and not style them like the rest of their hair. Completely ridiculous.Ā 

It isn't but if you could educate yourself about it instead of being hostile and defensivethat would be nice.Ā 
    They get so defensive just bc they think their opinion and experiences are the only valid ones lol
  • chloemoneychloemoney Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    I took a break from the game but Iā€™m back because I got bored with my games.. I got a lot of hate because I said I donā€™t care what anyone uses on this game thatā€™s available to them. I still donā€™t care because this is a cartoon, I have no clue what race anyone is, and the Kardashianā€™s wear and do all of these styles themselves (doesnā€™t make it right but you canā€™t give them a pass and not everyone else).

But I did and still do have a problem with people acting like they donā€™t ā€œknowā€ that certain styles are stolen from different races, culture, ethnicities, etc.

So to say, everyone lays their baby hair like that... is a lie LOL! The baby hair probably looks messed up here because it mimics how the Kardashianā€™s baby hairs end up looking. And that style isnā€™t necessarily intended for them.
  • Kkh_samKkh_sam Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    i wish for the zodiac sys's glu would say what kind of style to wear instead of colors. i saw people saying to use food hand helds and other stuff. i feel like it would be more enjoyable and fun if it wasn't just colors of the elements.
    Kkh_sam said:
    i wish for the zodiac sys's glu would say what kind of style to wear instead of colors. i saw people saying to use food hand helds and other stuff. i feel like it would be more enjoyable and fun if it wasn't just colors of the elements.
    I agree.. making us use colors for these SYS, is another way for GLU to justify giving us all these random colors nobody asked for in our reward boxes
    I took a break from the game but Iā€™m back because I got bored with my games.. I got a lot of hate because I said I donā€™t care what anyone uses on this game thatā€™s available to them. I still donā€™t care because this is a cartoon, I have no clue what race anyone is, and the Kardashianā€™s wear and do all of these styles themselves (doesnā€™t make it right but you canā€™t give them a pass and not everyone else).

But I did and still do have a problem with people acting like they donā€™t ā€œknowā€ that certain styles are stolen from different races, culture, ethnicities, etc.

So to say, everyone lays their baby hair like that... is a lie LOL! The baby hair probably looks messed up here because it mimics how the Kardashianā€™s baby hairs end up looking. And that style isnā€™t necessarily intended for them.
    I don't think anyone here (or even the internet in general) gives them a pass for these type of things. While they may not get the same amount of backlash that people like Bhad Bhabie etc. do, people definitely have a problem with them. There's often articles questioning them and their morals when they do something similar
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    Initially I assume we would be having a more daytime casual-wear theme from the prizes from Taurus SYS. Ā 

But with Kim call and the background of starry sky, it seem to call for a more formal / glamorous attire. So, I am confusion.šŸ˜†Ā 

Anyway probably be sticking to a more gold / brown dresses because I donā€™t know anymore.Ā 

IOS PlayerĀ 
  • natkkhnatkkh Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    Only outfits i could put together but hopefully i can get some votes for thesešŸ¤Ø
  • Aniya_Aniya_ Registered Users, Member 198 Posts
    Initially I assume we would be having a more daytime casual-wear theme from the prizes from Taurus SYS. Ā 

But with Kim call and the background of starry sky, it seem to call for a more formal / glamorous attire. So, I am confusion.šŸ˜†Ā 

Anyway probably be sticking to a more gold / brown dresses because I donā€™t know anymore.Ā 

Omg I love your looks especially the 3rd one!!
  • KKHMICAELAKKHMICAELA Registered Users, Member 649 Posts
    I really wanted this SYS to be a bit more casual. I donā€™t know much about zodiac signs but weā€™ve been wearing glamorous gowns to fit the recent themes and itā€™s getting boringšŸ„±
  • LAdoll24LAdoll24 Registered Users, Member 448 Posts
    Everyone sure does show their true colors. Styling baby hairs and laying edges are two different things but maybe you could educate yourselves on that. And the only thing that anyone was defensive about was a doll laughing at the way some people may style their hair that they don't know or have never seen, much like many POC dolls were rightfully upset about mocking bantu knots and other cultural hairstyles. I come from a long background of hairdressers/stylists that have owned and still own several salons with a wide variety of clientele due to the area in which I come from has a very diverse community. It is actually really sad to see the stereotypes of black hair or white hair, what it is supposed to be or look like. Not everyone fits in the box you think. This forum is more of an activist page than about a game so I am removing myself from this toxic environment āœŒ

The game has a message for most of you šŸ˜‚

LAdoll24 said:
    Everyone sure does show their true colors. Styling baby hairs and laying edges are two different things but maybe you could educate yourselves on that. And the only thing that anyone was defensive about was a doll laughing at the way some people may style their hair that they don't know or have never seen, much like many POC dolls were rightfully upset about mocking bantu knots and other cultural hairstyles. I come from a long background of hairdressers/stylists that have owned and still own several salons with a wide variety of clientele due to the area in which I come from has a very diverse community. It is actually really sad to see the stereotypes of black hair or white hair, what it is supposed to be or look like. Not everyone fits in the box you think. This forum is more of an activist page than about a game so I am removing myself from this toxic environment āœŒ

The game has a message for most of you šŸ˜‚

The only thing that was told to you was to educate yourself. Being a hairstylist doesn't automatically grant you the knowledge over every single cultureĀ  and their hair. Here, no one was actually saying how the hair was supposed to look like but rather that the quality and how it was made in general is extremely bad and didn't look right. That's it. Styling baby hair is a part of laying edges as those are baby hair. People simply don't like it when there's people like you who try and act like they know everything while they actually don't.
    edited May 2021
    But considering that you're acting the way it was expected, defensive and hostile, do whatever pleases you. I'm in no way, shape or form a teacher and I don't have to sit here and explain to you things that google can do faster and w more patience. Idk what type of personality you must have, thinking that some of us would speak on things we don't know (while being a big part of our lives and culture) but go off i guess
  • LachimolalaLachimolala Registered Users, Member 964 Posts
    A Lumena ia amar esse fĆ³rum
    This is exactly the main reason I've been staying off the forum. You try to educate and you get either mocked or made fun for caring about these types of things and words get put in your mouth. Then you have the ones who are just sitting in the sidelines and laughing and/or mocking along with those people. Disappointed but not suprised.
  • naeustsnaeusts Registered Users, Member 402 Posts
    edited May 2021
    šŸ—£šŸ—£šŸ—£šŸ—£
    KkhElena said:
    This is exactly the main reason I've been staying off the forum. You try to educate and you get either mocked or made fun for caring about these types of things and words get put in your mouth. Then you have the ones who are just sitting in the sidelines and laughing and/or mocking along with those people. Disappointed but not suprised.
    I get what you mean, I can always agree to disagree with people. The only thing I canā€™t agree to disagree with is people acting like they didnā€™t know something or making up something to prove a point. I still donā€™t care what anyone uses lol, but I donā€™t like when ppl come on here and make it seem like something is universal when itā€™s not. Donā€™t let the forum get to you, I sure donā€™t.
  • tofutanvikkhtofutanvikkh Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Seems like thereā€™s a lot of ignorance and backhanded comments on both sides. One side is ignorant to how itā€™s important to be sensitive to other peopleā€™s wishes of cultural appropriation, and has started to become combative. However, this all did first start with a comment about the white doll, which, frankly was very uncalled for. As an Indian, while Iā€™m all for calling people out on cultural appropriation, thereā€™s ways to do it and go about it. Making snide comments and remarks is not one of them. We canā€™t forget that in most arguments on this forum, both sides seem to be ignorant and mean in general and not respectful nor understanding of otherā€™s feelings. And of course, thereā€™s some who genuinely want to educate others, and some who are genuinely hurt by the comment about the white doll, but on both sides, you have the rotten ones who project their own insecurities onto others. Seems a lot of people arenā€™t mature enough or at least even sensitive enough to have a human conversation. And of course, I cannot express enough how much the point needs to be made to Glu that they need to educate themselves and actually listen to their players. Thereā€™s been no change, either in comparatively insignificant things like the sys and diamonds, or the serious stuff like management of the forum and game.Ā 
    Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s strategy with this SYS? Does starting later actually make a difference with the groups youā€™re put in?Ā 
    Guess who just started having only 1 ticket šŸ˜€
  • Nik072898Nik072898 Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    Can someone tell me if you can still receive tour earnable if the event is gone from the side before you get back to the game?Ā 
  • caitlinxsjcaitlinxsj Registered Users, Member 104 Posts
    Nik072898 said:
    Can someone tell me if you can still receive tour earnable if the event is gone from the side before you get back to the game?Ā 
    Iā€™ve heard the items automatically appear in your kloset :)
  • kikadidakikadida Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    A gaitada que eu dei meu deus šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
    kikadida said:
    A gaitada que eu dei meu deus šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Lilith_KKHLilith_KKH Registered Users, Member 182 Posts
    did anyone else absolutely bust out laughing seeing the ts hair reveal on a white doll or... just me?
    Just a reminder that this is what was originally said. I do not know how people are perceiving this as anything other than "that hair isn't appropriate for a white doll and I found it funny."
    Again, a lot of you are being defensive for no reason.
    IOS Player - Level 50

Nonbinary - They/He
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.