Looks 3 - 6

These looks are super cute, Iā€™m really loving that pink one! šŸ’–
  • ashleyyashleyy Registered Users, Member 1,425 Posts
    ashleyy said:
    Looks 3 - 6

These looks are super cute, Iā€™m really loving that pink one! šŸ’–
    Tysm šŸ’– that one is also my fav šŸ’“
  • watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    FOR THE RECORD: it is possible to cosplay as characters and people of different races without changing your skin tone or use black hairstyles if you arenā€™t black! just thought iā€™d make that clear for those who donā€™t get itĀ 

UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socialsĀ https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkhĀ 
  • axtina27axtina27 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    edited May 2021
    FOR THE RECORD: it is possible to cosplay as characters and people of different races without changing your skin tone or use black hairstyles if you arenā€™t black! just thought iā€™d make that clear for those who donā€™t get itĀ 

But playing this game is not the equivalent of cosplay at all. Creating a look of a celebrity on your doll would be more equivalent to drawing someone not pretending to be them irl. Also they never answered why arenā€™t Ā they upset about using a different skin for a Latina? Is there some sort of threshold of what is and isnā€™t ok? Ā Are we supposed to disclose our irl race and ethnicity before posting a picture of our doll?
  • KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    edited May 2021

This game is not cosplay lol she wasn't trying to create someone dressed up as Mel B, she was trying to create THE Mel B.

By the way how would someone "cosplay" Mel b without using black hairstyles? The curly hair is like literally the most iconic part of her look
  • chloemoneychloemoney Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    edited May 2021

My top look only got 35 votes. Iā€™m having a really good time with this theme! Really fun doing these looks. This will be my last SYS for a while though. Back to boycotting the game after this. I stopped in December and came back just to see the same things being complained about. Hate to tell yā€™all, but nothing will change with this game if you keep playing it. Itā€™s a very expensive game and Iā€™m always tempted to buy kstars because thatā€™s the way the game is designed. And I have a like/hate relationship with the Kardashianā€™s lol.
  • watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    imma just say that this game IS cosplay, or it can be anyway. iā€™ve seen dolls here recreate looks from characters and other ppl and theyā€™ve never needed to change their race or use black hairstyles because itā€™s not necessary! iā€™m sure people will know who youā€™re trying to cosplay in the game anywayĀ 
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socialsĀ https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkhĀ 
    edited May 2021
    imma just say that this game IS cosplay, or it can be anyway. iā€™ve seen dolls here recreate looks from characters and other ppl and theyā€™ve never needed to change their race or use black hairstyles because itā€™s not necessary! iā€™m sure people will know who youā€™re trying to cosplay in the game anywayĀ 
    This game is equivalent to dressing up a Barbie doll...

Unless yā€™all are walking around your house looking exactly like your doll
    edited May 2021

It can be, yeah. If there was like a sailor moon theme or something I'd make my doll cosplay as a sailor warrior, not just turn her into Usagi herself. But the game also gives me the option to create a pale blonde blue eyed version, exact looking Usagi if I want to, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to pay homage in that way
    Here we go again with the reaching
    bipoc dolls have literally talked about how someone changing their dollā€™s skin tone is offensive and it makes them uncomfortable šŸ˜Ÿ if theyā€™re saying itā€™s offensive, then itā€™s offensive. it is not up for debateā€¦ how are you guys not grasping this? itā€™s not ā€œreachingā€, itā€™s just about being a decent person and considering othersā€™ feelings even if you donā€™t agree.Ā 

This is not the issue here. Because 1, none of you know what race axtina is. Two, she's not using the skin tone as an accessory changing to fit a jungle theme or alien theme like I remember people complained about and I agree is really weird, she's using an appropriate skin tone to picture an iconic figure from the 90s. Someone said you can recreate Mel B without using dark skin and black hairstyles? No you can't. Really. That's an entire reach. How can you recreate an iconic black woman while leaving the blackness aside?

If the issue with your here is you guys don't think someone you guys assume is white, or at least not black, shouldn't try to recreate black artists in the first place then I don't know what to say
    edited May 2021
    here we go again with the barbie doll excuse šŸ„±Ā 
    You are trying to mix up what I said. We use the word ā€œdollā€ all day to describe our ā€œcharacter.ā€ Barbie is a doll, same thing. I didnā€™t use Barbie as an excuse, Barbie is another name for doll.

The person that created 4 different characters, were 4 different races. She did not recreate herself. Nor was she offending the races when she dressed the character in this game. Thereā€™s a difference, if a person came on here mocking another race by purposely using stereotypical items then yes I would have a problem with that. But this fake character is just that, fake. I really hope yā€™all defend actual people in real situations like you do on a cartoon. Now if Hispanics have a problem with her creating a totally different character, then thatā€™s their right - Iā€™m not Hispanic so I canā€™t speak for them. But I am black, and thatā€™s my opinion on her creating a character to look like scary spice. If others donā€™t agree, thatā€™s fine. We can agree to disagree.

bro judging from her looks she could be latina, white, or blackā€¦. just pick one. how hard is that? you donā€™t have to recreate *the* Mel B, but you can create a look inspired by her; without changing your skin tone. thatā€™s not erasure. thatā€™s appreciation, is it not? itā€™s not like youā€™re slapping on a poc hair onto a white doll and saying thatā€™s Mel B.Ā 

Whose looks? Mel B is definitely black, mixed black and white.

Of course, you don't have to recreate her
    But why is it wrong if you want to?
    @Koakuma i never said Mel B wasnā€™t black lmfaoā€¦

I got confused, that's why I asked whose looks lol do you mean the player then?Ā 
    edited May 2021
    Invalidating, wow. Didn't know I was that powerful lol
    And it's not like I'm a poc member myself? Well i am but i clearly don't count

I'm off too, I'm gonna miss my reviews
  • meritedkkhmeritedkkh Registered Users, Member 673 Posts
    please hang up the barbie doll excuse. šŸ’€ iā€™m being genuine, find something else to say PLEASE! yā€™all use the same tired analogy everyday, someone used it once and now yā€™all canā€™t stop saying it. no one said your doll has to look exactly like you. stop comparing features that people can easily get plastic surgery to change to features weā€™re stuck with forever. also since when did invalidating peopleā€™s feelings make you powerful? it just makes you a sucky person. invalidating someone means youā€™re dismissing their feelings or telling them their feelings are wrong and therefor hurting them emotionally. if that makes you feel powerful, boy do i have some news for you. šŸ˜ŸĀ 
    edited May 2021
    please hang up the barbie doll excuse. šŸ’€ iā€™m being genuine, find something else to say PLEASE! yā€™all use the same tired analogy everyday, someone used it once and now yā€™all canā€™t stop saying it. no one said your doll has to look exactly like you. stop comparing features that people can easily get plastic surgery to change to features weā€™re stuck with forever. also since when did invalidating peopleā€™s feelings make you powerful? it just makes you a sucky person. invalidating someone means youā€™re dismissing their feelings or telling them their feelings are wrong and therefor hurting them emotionally. if that makes you feel powerful, boy do i have some news for you. šŸ˜ŸĀ 

I don't mean I'm really powerful, I was being sarcastic. Sorry if it was weird. What I mean is that what I say is not enough to negate anyone's feelings, like, who the f am I really? I'm nobody lol
    I don't feel powerful at all arguing about this every single time, I feel like I'm crazy because I don't see what everyone sees. Or that all of a sudden I'm a racist or not a decent person or i suck or what else you guys throw around to keep the moral high ground. Because i don't understand it it ALL. Specially in this one which is about a real person with an iconic appearance
  • CherryBellaCherryBella Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    My bestĀ scores so far....šŸ™‚

Very clever! Your first look is Vivian from Pretty Woman, right?
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    This game is equivalent to dressing up a Barbie doll...

Unless yā€™all are walking around your house looking exactly like your doll
    I don't want to insert myself but please, (I mean no shade whatsoever, I'm a little bit sleep deprived so if something came off rude, I'm really trying not to be) the game isn't the exact equivalent to owning a barbie doll. We cannot change the skin of the barbie doll irl but we can dress em up however we want.
  • MarianiPoizenMarianiPoizen Registered Users, Member 2,273 Posts
    5-8. Just reached the phone with my 8th look. Havenā€™t done this badly in a while and beginning to think I walked around with my eyes shut during the 90s lol.

I play on iOS
  • YasmonalisaYasmonalisa Registered Users, Member 98 Posts
    Wow okay, let me get this..Ā 
    iā€™m a light tanned skinned girl.. does that make me bad if i make my dolls skin lighter than my skin or sometime darker?
    this is lame, changing my doll skin color or features is actually acknowledging their beauty.Ā 
    yall need to chill, and stop making EVERYTHING about race and skin color.
    weā€™re all here to have fun and lets just keep it that way. :)Ā 
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    edited May 2021
    This argument happens atleast 2 per update. People here have taken their time to explain the ACTUAL issue (not someone lighter deciding not to play as themselves or vice versa). Most of the issues comes from the type of SYS there is and how people feel the need to change their skintone when the SYS itself is not about class,elegance and etc but the complete opposite (Attention:Ā  paying homage to some icons that have inspired you is not the same, especially 80s or 90s icons). If u wanna play tone deaf, do it. When I was born, no one told me that I had to be some teacher to others and keep explaining, often not my concerns, to others when the things discussed here have been discussed atleast twice per month. (Btw the excuse that often happens about how you're just appreciating black beauty when changing your doll skintone to something darker in certain SYS needs to be dropped. We don't see that bs when there's SYS about ballrooms or elegance and class altogether so I don't think it'sĀ  necessary to see it there either)
  • NikarafNikaraf Registered Users, Member 1,994 Posts
    Looks 5-6Ā 

Second look was inspired by a forum doll. I guess people didnā€™t like me trying to be like Princess Diana šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø But I had to try to recreate it.Ā 
    Been actively playing since October 2020.Ā 
    IOS free player / level 42
    Be kind to others šŸ¤
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.