Vote Now On Facebook!

KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
edited May 2021 in KKH General Discussion
Should Princess Bianca and Prince Aston leave the royal family? Vote now on Facebook to influence the story!

https://www.facebook.com/KimKardashianGame/posts/3654223648016655
#VIPKalinda
http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.

Comments

• jwawawajwawawa Registered Users, Member 225 Posts
    @KalindaKing they shouldn't have been put in the situation where they felt that they needed to leave...   :/ 
    But the way this weeks storyline is going, it seems like the decision has already been made that they will?
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    Why does this remind me of the situation about Meghan and Harry? 
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Shared your feedback with the team. This is the first major poll we're doing with the community and the next one will be completely different!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Not Glu using a serious situation about racism and turning it into a kinda light situation. It's obvious that all the characters involved are simply 'parodies' of the real people but come on. We ask for things like more diversity in characters, more stories (and dialog!), more casual clothing (for both females and MALE dolls) etc...... and we get this? Nah chile lemme just go bc I don't like clowns and I sure as h*ll don't like circuses.
  • hanhanhanhanhanhan Registered Users, Member 153 Posts
    Meghan was suicidal due to the racism and lack of support she received from the royal family. Now Glu, after consistently failing to address racism and abuse in the forum, has created a storyline essentially mocking this? Are you serious? @KalindaKing how many times do we have to ask Glu to do better before Glu actually does better? Good to know the company doesn’t care about mental health or racism, especially the MH of a young Black mother experiencing severe racist abuse from the British tabloids (I’m English, I’m very aware of it) and NO support at all from the royals. Cooool morals!
  • Kween_of_the_KastleKween_of_the_Kastle Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    @KalindaKing not cool to have public vote on a lighthearted version of what's happened to Megan and Harry that involved racism and mental health. How would kim feel about a poll to decide if a character gets divorced from her musician husband after 4 kids together? Not great, because there are certain things you leave alone
  • eclairteclairt Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    edited May 2021
    maybe the intention was good, but it's completely tone deaf. there's no way it doesn't feel as a ridicule to someone's hardships and struggles in life when you turn it into a fun and light-hearted story that you can also vote on. i was hoping yday it's not going in this direction, but it is. there are so many other ways to handle racism and mental health involving the royal family (that i could think of in 5 seconds so i'm sure a whole team can do better), i can't comprehend why you'd go ahead and straight up copy the real life situation. if you can't, then don't do it - i'd rather have a 5 day escapade with cassio than some cheap storyline trying to be wOkE, when clearly it's not.

besides, it makes no sense in game - the queen was happy with the marriage as far as i remember. 

eclairt said:
    maybe the intention was good, but it's completely tone deaf. there's no way it doesn't feel as a ridicule to someone's hardships and struggles in life when you turn it into a fun and light-hearted story that you can also vote on. i was hoping yday it's not going in this direction, but it is. there are so many other ways to handle racism and mental health involving the royal family (that i could think of in 5 seconds so i'm sure a whole team can do better), i can't comprehend why you'd go ahead and straight up copy the real life situation. if you can't, then don't do it - i'd rather have a 5 day escapade with cassio than some cheap storyline trying to be wOkE, when clearly it's not.

besides, it makes no sense in game - the queen was happy with the marriage as far as i remember. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. Another way to handle racism (or discrimination altogether) was if we had a storyline where our doll or any of the other characters could talk about their situations about discrimination. I can imagine that Maria has had some sort of experience and has been used the disgusting stereotype about her skintone and her race altogether or we could have had a storyline w Simon and how he feels in drag or even if our own doll could share their own experiences w discrimination (considering that some people can be really down right nasty about innocent things like the way you dress or who you love🤍). The ideas are there but they don't wanna even try to acknowledge it
  • iamkokoiamkoko Registered Users, Member 349 Posts
    I think Glu is due for some diversity training. Do any Black people work at that office? Who okayed this? I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said, but this storyline mirroring the absolutely devastating events Meghan has gone through is really really gross. 
    I have said a lot about this but i just wanna add another thing: I know what it feels like to be in a position where there's so much racism but you can't go away and I know what it feels like since it affects your mental health badly. Pls do better
  • eclairteclairt Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    @KkhElena yess, i remember the storyline with miss managed and the fame getting to her - it was enjoyable, had some drama and at the same time dealt with simon's issues. there are more imaginative and sensible ways to tackle sensitive topics, surely. it is a game and it should be fun at the end of the day, so dragging in these kind of real life situations is not necessary imo. there's something called inspiration.

eclairt said:
    @KkhElena yess, i remember the storyline with miss managed and the fame getting to her - it was enjoyable, had some drama and at the same time dealt with simon's issues. there are more imaginative and sensible ways to tackle sensitive topics, surely. it is a game and it should be fun at the end of the day, so dragging in these kind of real life situations is not necessary imo. there's something called inspiration.

I definitely agree. Once in awhile having something similar to Miss Managed doesn't hurt but it seems that they only do it when it's beneficial for them. I don't think real life situations should be dragged in the game too often (it has been expected due to what the game is about) but it's also nice once in awhile (if done correctly, which in this case, it hasn't been done in the most sensible way possible).