Forum Moderation, Diversity & Show Your Style

Comments

• ShayShigilShayShigil Registered Users, Member 337 Posts
    I barely skimmed your comment but a few things stuck out to me…. “Blacks” yikes 

Even if someone does something without the intent of being racist doesn’t mean that it’s not. People on this forum have argued these points and tried to educate people over and over again. 

I really think your perspective on people changing their skin color to black during the alien SYS is so off base. I’m sorry lmao but trying to say someone is changing their skin tone because a dark skin tone is “alien” to them and “different to them” is ridiculous and still offensive imo. Even if they were changing it because it was simply different than them using a feature from a marginalized population isn’t ok. 
  • watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    edited June 2021
    @StellaKKH i understand where you’re coming from, but it’s very problematic of people to think that being black or wearing black hairstyles is “alien” to them. it can still be considered racist because alien can be a dehumanizing term. that’s why people want to stop using that term when it comes to immigration. 

i believe it’s possible to still be racist even when you don’t have the intentions of doing so because everyone grows up with racial prejudices ingrained into them by society from a very young age. 
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socials https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkh 
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    I've been feeling extremely sick lately (due to how sensitive I am to heat and season changing in general) and it disappoints me to come here and see someone trying to defend the changing of a skintone in a SYS about animals or aliens and etc. If me being dark is something so new and alien then idk what to say
  • Galaxaura14Galaxaura14 Registered Users, Member 284 Posts
    Right? That SYS theme was "Alien Invasion" - how clearer can it be? Where was the ambiguity? If anyone was confused, all they had to do was look at the prizes, which were inspired by Men in Black (I forget the inspo for the earnables). And there was a UFO! Like ??? Clearly the theme was about outer space aliens... not labeling human beings with different physical features than ourselves as aliens... What an absolutely appalling, offensive, and racist "perspective."
    She/Her
    Android
  • StellaKKHStellaKKH Registered Users, Member 289 Posts
    edited June 2021
    🦄 iOS player 🦄
    🌊 Playing since 2020 🌊
    🦩Feel free to add me on FB (:🦩
    I never said you defended or attacked anyone and I never said that you were saying that being black is alien.

lol you just wrote a whole paragraph complaining about us twisting things or taking anything out of context and you’re doing the same please. 
    edited June 2021

🦄 iOS player 🦄
    🌊 Playing since 2020 🌊
    I never said that you were saying that being black or dark is alien. Using the term alien for another skintone bc you're used to your own is however weird. If you're glad to not be active on this forum bc you obviously don't read the same way you're implying we don't read your paragraphs then ok girl. You do you. I wasn't attacking you but from the way you worded it it seemed you were trying to justify the weird stereotyping that happens here everything we have a 'different' type of SYS. I think you should reread what you wrote bc that's how it's coming across. No matter how many times you wrote that u understood both sides, it seemed that you were trying to justify using other features bc their alien to some. I may have not seen much of the world but I will never refer to someone else's features as alien bc they're not what I'm used to seeing.
    edited June 2021

🦄 iOS player 🦄
    🌊 Playing since 2020 🌊
    edited June 2021
    StellaKKH said:
    I've never once said someone's features are alien. Nor would I ever say that. You certainly have implied that you thought I said being black/dark is new/alien. If you're not reading your paragraphs the same way you're implying them, then you do you as well.

But never mind, I apologize. It was my mistake. I think it's just best for me to stay away from these topics from now on. I've always supported oppressed groups (as I'm an oppressed group member myself and I pretty much grew up with the Black community since they practically raised me) like the Black population, LGBTQ+, victims of bullying, and sexual assault victims as I've been through half of those things too, but I don't think I'll be doing it anymore. I'll always support all of you guys with all my heart, but I don't think I'll use my voice for it anymore. I don't think it's any good for my mental health as well, so I think I'm done. I'm not a perfect person, so of course I'll be wrong, but I also don't really want to be hated on or have my words taken out of context. These are all ugly topics, so it's very much possible for that to happen. So I think it's best to just mind my own business from now on. I sincerely and truly hope that all of you get what you're looking for here. Take care.
    I said implied for a reason. I'm not saying you said word for word that being black or dark equals alien and I do not have the strength to explain to you what I meant. I used the word imply (and not said) for a reason and that is that you may have not meant to sound like that. I've been sick for hours and I really don't have the energy to explain to you why your first paragraph sounded extremely wrong and justifying other trying to stereotype.
    edited June 2021

🦄 iOS player 🦄
    🌊 Playing since 2020 🌊
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    edited June 2021

No matter what, no one should ever say that about being raped and going through any kind sexual abuse. That is sickening. I would report those people. 
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
  • FaeFae Registered Users, Member 896 Posts
    …is someone here really saying ‘I feel hurt by people responding to what I said so I’m never going to support marginalised groups again’????
    edited June 2021
    No, not really. That's not the reason. Like I've mentioned, I'm not going to come here anymore. I'm sorry for disturbing the peace here. I literally just received messages of people wanting me to get raped and feeling happy that I've gone through a decade of that abuse. All those years worth of therapy and self-healing and overcoming suicide attempts, I guess they must've been so offended that they didn't care about any of that really. So I will not be supporting anything anymore if the wrong things are what I'm saying. I'm not in a position to really support anyone but myself atm, so I apologize if I can't stand up for anyone right now. Opinions, I can handle, but hate, I really can't. Take care.
    🦄 iOS player 🦄
    🌊 Playing since 2020 🌊
    @StellaKKH I’m sorry that you’ve gone through awful things but I didn’t know that, don’t know who you are and don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve never said anything like that. 
    edited June 2021
    No one was fighting here and no one was hating on you. Its an open discussion and we put our opinions out there just like you did. Maybe it is best you take a step back. 
  • TessakkhTessakkh Registered Users, Member 244 Posts
    @everyone: please, if others are saying these kind of hurtful things in your personal messages report them and/or show us who they are if reporting them didnt do anything. Because that is NOT okay, no matter what you said. 
    edited June 2021
    @eden_sunshine Thank you really for your kind words. Though truth be told, I really don't have any intention to name or shame anyone; that was never my intention in the first place. I just tried to get those people to stop, but they didn't, so I approached the mods. The mods didn't have to do what they did, but they have, and I'm beyond grateful for their words and actions. They've been extremely supportive and very, very kind to me, and that consolation for me is enough. While I'm very grateful to the mods, I still wish this situation hadn't happened, so that's the reason I said what I said, that I will no longer be partaking in any such discussions anymore nor will I be supporting/fighting for anyone any longer (out loud I mean).

Just in case anyone's still feeling the same way, my decision doesn't have anything to do with a disagreement in an opinion; it's really because of pure hate, from someone who claims to be a voice for the oppressed groups but tells me that I deserved to get raped and that the ten years of hell/abuse I suffered, I apparently "had it coming" and that it ended way too early. So...I'm not even sure what this thread is about anymore...it's clearly not a place where constructive debates can happen. I'm terrified to even think about the number of other users who I'm sure must've faced the same kind of harassment/hate for posing an opinion. I didn't realize it then because I was too upset to, but after getting together with a few of my best friends (who are all Black), they told me that I've done nothing wrong nor did they see anything racially insensitive or culturally inappropriate about my views. We had a thoughtful discussion, where they spoke about their feelings and I spoke about mine, and it was a genuine constructive debate, where all of us respected one another even if we disagreed sometimes/often. I respect all of their views, some of yours (those who've been educational at least), and also my own. I know what I've said and what I implied, and many of the replies I received weren't really addressing what I said in the first place and were rather addressing things that were twisted out of context. I've tried to explain myself over and over but was  disregarded or misunderstood, so I'll respect that and leave it be. I think I've deleted all my comments prior to this one as well.

I really don't want any more drama on this forum or thread anymore, so everyone, please kindly leave this here. I'm really sincere about not making any more comments about any sensitive topics any longer, especially on this forum. And I hope that I won't receive any more either. For anyone who still wishes me ill, wants to see me raped, or prefers that I rather just die instead, I'm also additionally asking the mods to delete my account. If that's not possible, I've asked them to permanently ban my account under the guise of breaking any/all forum rules. So I'm thinking that'd come through for both you and me. I'm hoping it will at least. In the meantime, I've disabled my notifications as well, which I think will protect me from seeing any comments, at least until this account's deleted/banned.  

And I think...that's it? Thank you for listening. And notifications or not, I hope this really, really won't lead to any further comments (fingers crossed and praying hard). Thank you. Have a great rest of your day.
    🦄 iOS player 🦄
    🌊 Playing since 2020 🌊
    edited June 2021
    @StellaKKH (idk if you're gonna see this) i can atleast speak for myself when I say that we didn't intend any harm to you when we were discussing it over. Sometimes things can be misunderstood when writing instead of talking out loud. The only reason why it gets me (personally) somewhat triggered when I see someone referring to my skintone as something like an animal or even alien is bc I've had teachers, random people in the streets and bus, even at the work place of my mother refer to me and my often braided hair as such. I honestly thought we were all just having a discussion and had no idea that someone was harassing you in the pm's (though I've had a similar experience) and I'm truly sorry that there have been people who said that you deserved to go through such horrible experiences in your life.
  • haylow71haylow71 Registered Users, Member 248 Posts
    Are we going to get an explanation on why we didn’t get the blm items?? 
  • PrincessCDettePrincessCDette Registered Users, Member 413 Posts
    haylow71 said:
    They didn't address it directly but in another thread they stated that any thing seen on other platforms are unofficial spoilers therefore not real. And the only spoilers that are factual are the ones posted on this forum. 
    And ok fine. My next question becomes why the complete ignoring of Juneteenth. They could have had a call and sold a BLM flag as a handheld but it completely ignored. I don't know it's weird to me that they preach inclusion then when they have an easy opportunity to do it they pass it by.  
    I'm a feminist, activist, fangirl, princess and a pet parent. Yes, a princess AND a feminist. The duality in my personality makes me great! 
    Android User off an on from 2014

haylow71 said:
    They didn't address it directly but in another thread they stated that any thing seen on other platforms are unofficial spoilers therefore not real. And the only spoilers that are factual are the ones posted on this forum. 
    And ok fine. My next question becomes why the complete ignoring of Juneteenth. They could have had a call and sold a BLM flag as a handheld but it completely ignored. I don't know it's weird to me that they preach inclusion then when they have an easy opportunity to do it they pass it by.  
    From what I've personally seen on Insta, the items were already in the game but they were switched up the last minute. The unofficial spoilers most of the time, show what items ARE gonna be available and not items that MAY be available. I honestly think it has something to do w copyright and some type of backlash (from the outside it may look as if they are using the blm movement as a profit)
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    haylow71 said:
    From what I've personally seen on Insta, the items were already in the game but they were switched up the last minute. The unofficial spoilers most of the time, show what items ARE gonna be available and not items that MAY be available. I honestly think it has something to do w copyright and some type of backlash (from the outside it may look as if they are using the blm movement as a profit)
    The fact is. Lots of causes got a lot of attention. One cause is ignored and when items that are supposed to be given for that cause, and are developed and literally
    exist in the game, those items are not made available in the last second.

it’s very confusing. 
    tortor said:
    KkhElena said:
    haylow71 said:
    The fact is. Lots of causes got a lot of attention. One cause is ignored and when items that are supposed to be given for that cause, and are developed and literally

it’s very confusing. 
    It is but again, from what I've seen they were removed the literal last minute bc the items were in the game apparently. I honestly don't know the actual reason but I'm assuming it has something to do with copyright.
    @KkhElena is this the same copyrighted BLM symbol?

tortor said:
    @KkhElena is this the same copyrighted BLM symbol?

No but similar. The shirt had only the BLM symbol in it w/o the rainbow. I truly don't know if it had to do w copyright issues but that's one of the 2 only plausible reasons as to why they removed it so quickly and at the last minute
    KkhElena said:
    haylow71 said:

it’s very confusing.