🎆✨ KK:H v12 Update - 7 Year Kimiversary! ✨🎆

Comments

• violettaelliotviolettaelliot Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    edited June 2021
    boujeejen said:

hey all, was hoping you guys could educate me a bit or share your thoughts. i loved seeing the new hairstyles, however will not be using any. i, personally deemed this as a poc style, but maybe i misjudged? i’ve been seeing a lot of dolls in the vb wearing it.. i’m aware poc are not just one color however just wanted to hear you guys’ thoughts/feelings. i, however, will continue to not use it. 
    if anyone’s doll on the forum is pictured, i apologize. i used the pics for reference 
    been made clear how people feel about poc hair styles but not everyone is on forum to see discussions - also you have to think about people who are very young- mixed raced and just uneducated about stuff. It’s never going to stop happening and I wish it would for people who it offends. My 14 year old niece is mixed race plays game and she switches her skin color up to suit her feels that day but she is black, Irish and Greek so she feels it’s ok to style her doll how she wants. She isn’t on forum or social media becuause she isn’t allowed - how am I to tell her not to use those hairs in the way she wants because she is a beautiful mix of so many cultures? We have no idea how people view things! When there are people who are blatant a holes about that’s when it’s a problem- but again we don’t know peoples races mixes etc unless they are here on forum and we can’t educate everyone in the game 🥺
    I'm agree, because me my self never thought about discrimination of POC hair before i join this forum. I thought that rasta hair is part of reggae music and philosophy of something about freedom, peace and love your self. Because that was what became trend in my country on 90's. I even think i want to have patterned braid or cornrow one day, i think that style looks so feminine yet tough and free. But since i join this forum, now i know that this is something about cultural appropriation not just hair style trend
  • juIiajuIia Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    my daily gift box! i’ve never seen that many k-stars before, must be new with this update 😍
  • DoloresWyattDoloresWyatt Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts

.... TLDR 🤪
    Please, anyone, I'm begging. Please someone give a review, recap, summary, opinion piece, quotes, anything that is important about this thread or the update. I think if I read 611 comments I might die. My brain will explode. Please 🙏
    Android player, looking for in game friends. FB Dolores Wyatt 
  • ChrysalisChrysalis Registered Users, Member 275 Posts
    boujeejen said:

hey all, was hoping you guys could educate me a bit or share your thoughts. i loved seeing the new hairstyles, however will not be using any. i, personally deemed this as a poc style, but maybe i misjudged? i’ve been seeing a lot of dolls in the vb wearing it.. i’m aware poc are not just one color however just wanted to hear you guys’ thoughts/feelings. i, however, will continue to not use it. 
    if anyone’s doll on the forum is pictured, i apologize. i used the pics for reference 
    As a white person of European ancestry, I won't ever wear box braids, afros, puffs, bantu knots or any of the other African/African diasporic/POC hairs I get or are free. I think they're gorgeous but it just doesn't feel right. I think this has been mentioned before by others on the forum, but as a white person (living everyday with the benefits of white privilege and the horrors of history), I just don't have that right.

I am NOT saying that mixed dolls shouldn't wear this hair. I'm a dummy for not thinking of this because I generally don't vote for light skinned dolls in the VB who have box braids etc, but this has made me feel like I have to reassess that for myself and change my actions.

Thanks to all the mixed dolls who shared their feelings on this!
  • BooskiBabiiBooskiBabii Registered Users, Member 2,660 Posts
    I wonder when is the double kstar offer?
    Idk if anyone has answered, but we won't have a double star weekend until after Kimiversary, July 2nd. We didn't get one for this month.🙄
    🌟Level 38 & 39—Android
    💞 Mom of 4!
    🗣️ Voice for Bipolar Disorder, Depression, & Addiction!
    🌼 I am a Recovery Coach.
    Always remind yourself how strong & beautiful you are! 
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    I guess we have to wait to see whose new look we're voting for, even though Willow is the most obvious choice, especially since people have been asking for it.
    Platform: Android

• thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    Just updated the game and didn't read the thread yet so may have missed something. I do appreciate free hairstyles, sunglasses and free facial features, that's a great thing!

Don't like the new layout and whole Kloset section - it seems very crammed and dated, I loved light minimalistic design. 

• ashleydianemashleydianem Registered Users, Member 1,357 Posts

.... TLDR 🤪
    Please, anyone, I'm begging. Please someone give a review, recap, summary, opinion piece, quotes, anything that is important about this thread or the update. I think if I read 611 comments I might die. My brain will explode. Please 🙏
    @DoloresWyatt basically everyone hates the new look of the game
  • YasmonalisaYasmonalisa Registered Users, Member 98 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Guys will there be more stuff for the 7th anniversary?
    or only the items in the boxes for 60kbucks?

cause its my first anniversary and i thought there will be more stuff for sale.

Ps. I have been saving bucks for a long looong time. If this is it im ready to spend them on other things 🤪
  • dinoqueen9dinoqueen9 Registered Users, Member 1,351 Posts

Ps. I have been saving bucks for a long looong time. If this is it im ready to spend them on other things 🤪
    The weekend of the 24th there’s gonna be a massive sale of throwback items and kloset items, I’d say don’t spend your kstars until you see what’s available that weekend!!
  • sariesarie Registered Users, Member 833 Posts
    About Willow's remake: since they've redrawn her hair I'm kind of....not thinking she'll get a new one....but I feel like her face could still get changed? Kinda disappointed by her ngl. I really like the subtle changes the others got. But for her honestly the girl rivalry is not it anymore 
    23yo🦙, 🇨🇿/🇬🇧, Android
  • YasmonalisaYasmonalisa Registered Users, Member 98 Posts

The weekend of the 24th there’s gonna be a massive sale of throwback items and kloset items, I’d say don’t spend your kstars until you see what’s available that weekend!!
    Ohhh thats good, I can’t wait! 😍
    thank youuu for your reply 💕
  • lululalulula Registered Users, Member 808 Posts
    Just want to say - to enter the sweepstakes, you have to put in your postal code. and for people in Canada it's a mix of numbers and letters, but my phone only lets me put in numbers so i can't enter. 

anyone else having this problem?
    Platform: iOS
  • maggieymaggiey Registered Users, Member 985 Posts
    edited June 2021
    lulula said:
    Just want to say - to enter the sweepstakes, you have to put in your postal code. and for people in Canada it's a mix of numbers and letters, but my phone only lets me put in numbers so i can't enter. 

anyone else having this problem?
    Same issue for me and when I try on my laptop, I can't even change it to the Canadian site to choose a province 😕
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I’ll see if I can find help for Canadian players and the sweepstakes. Hang on. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • moriacasanmoriacasan Registered Users, Member 207 Posts
    I wonder if someone didn’t like doing accessories. All the updated versions have lost accessories (yes I know Maria has got a new necklace) but all the wrist accessories have gone.
    I like the updated outfits, Simon’s with the new pattern and shiny shoes and Maria’s new shirt and more detailed trousers.
    I’m hoping, I think much like everyone else, that there’s more to Willow’s that maybe comes in a storyline as there was something about a makeover?
    Anyway, I just wanted to share these pics of before and after. I apologise if someone’s already done so and I’m just clogging the thread with my rambling lol.

daamn Maria had a glow up 👏👏 our girlboss aging backwards
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited June 2021
    For players having an issue entering the Sweepstakes

Please check your device's region settings and see if that makes a difference or if it's still an issue
    on ios it’s located under Settings > General > Language & Region
    on mac computers it's under System Preferences > Language & Region
     Let us know if that works. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Emma_KKH_xoEmma_KKH_xo Registered Users, Member 70 Posts
    @kokokokonut on my iPhone, I checked the region settings and it’s Canada, so the drop down menu allowed me to choose from the provinces and territories. the problem is with the postal code - only the numerical keyboard shows up, but we need letters too for Canada!

• maggieymaggiey Registered Users, Member 985 Posts
    For players having an issue entering the Sweepstakes

Please check your device's region settings and see if that makes a difference or if it's still an issue
    on ios it’s located under Settings > General > Language & Region
    on mac computers it's under System Preferences > Language & Region
     Let us know if that works. 
    Did not work, both my devices were already set to Canada
  • jwawawajwawawa Registered Users, Member 225 Posts
    @KalindaKing @kokokokonut
    Not sure if this is from the new update or a glitch in general, but how am I supposed to see the bottom option or click it? Before the update it was similar, but there was at least a bit more room to click the 3rd option if I wanted to.
    This is exactly what I see when I play; I haven't cropped anything. 

• rikkksssrikkksss Registered Users, Member 401 Posts
    Are these available for diamonds this update? It’s been 6 months I’m pretty sure
  • SDC93SDC93 Registered Users, Member 1,167 Posts
    I think Skylar will be the rival with a makeover since willow got updated already, but that’s just my guess. 
  • DoloresWyattDoloresWyatt Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts

.... TLDR 🤪
    @DoloresWyatt basically everyone hates the new look of the game
    Thank you! This has definitely taken away the nagging feeling like that I might miss something if I didn't read it. The new look is really terrible, it deserves 611 posts about it. 
    Android player, looking for in game friends. FB Dolores Wyatt 
  • ashleyyashleyy Registered Users, Member 1,425 Posts
    I don’t mind the new look of the game but I really hate how the closet and sys looks so much smaller now, it’s really annoying and makes it difficult to see properly

Like why do we need this much space? Why not make the main focus parts of the game bigger or just a normal size? It’s actually really uncomfortable and I hope you can let the team know @KalindaKing
  • kkhmariekkhmarie Registered Users, Member 197 Posts
    I love all the makeovers so much!! like even dirk diamonds and all the different so chic workers got such an upgrade!!! i love willows new dress but i think her makeup could use a makeover too tbh 
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.