🗳️🚶‍♀️ SYS 8/19/21 - Runway in Paris!👗🗳️

Comments

• SweetOnikaSweetOnika Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Carianthe said:
    I do hope my comment didn't offend anyone. I just thought I'd share a little bit of light as to why this may be offensive. I just felt like everytime this discussion happens, somehow the actual reason why it started seems to be always forgotten because the spotlight goes to something completely different and us POC dolls who feel like our skintone is being used as a costume for a SYS that is linked to extremely hurtful stereotypes, are made out to be oversensitive. I personally don't see how using a darker doll or POC hair is done out of positive intent considering that (and other similar SYS) are the only place people feel the need to do so. If you don't want to have discussions about this topic, it's fine. It's not a light topic altogether and it's not something you should be forced to have but just because you think your actions and words may have little to no damage, that doesn't make it automatically true. I have seen this discussion happen from time to time since I've been lurking here and it's disappointing that the points that have been made several times (especially the ones which people always bring up as a defense as to why they feel like a black doll is more appropriate for a jungle themed SYS or an alien themed SYS) seem to be always ignored and questioned in a rather rude and arrogant manner.
    I do agree that the topic of using dark skintones as a signifier of “othering” in the context of alien or jungle SYS is a whole different kettle of fish and my intent was never to derail any discussion about that topic. In this case, the topic that was brought up was about a player who was using an array of skintones in the Paris runway SYS, so I was talking more about why someone might do that in a context like this. I wasn’t meaning to justify it, just discuss it. And to clarify, I was talking about my own use of POC dolls in everyday SYS as was being discussed upthread.

I hope you don’t feel that I made you or any other POC out to be oversensitive, or that I’m deliberately derailing a more important conversation. That definitely wasn’t my intent and if I did so I apologize. My goal here is to share some thoughts, hear some new ones, and hopefully come away knowing something I didn’t know before.

Last, I’m not sure if my posts are the rude and arrogant ones you’re talking about. I hope not, but if so, I would be grateful for any additional feedback you can give me so that I can work on my tone, because if so, there is a definite disparity between what I mean to say and what I am actually communicating.
    Oh no I wasn't talking about you doll. You seem very lovely and your post to me didn't seem rude or arrogant😊 I was talking about past interactions where things got very heavy and serious and I just wanted to say what I couldn't at the time. My post wasn't aimed at you and I apologize, I should have been a little more clear so there weren't any misunderstandings🤍
  • CariantheCarianthe Registered Users, Member 398 Posts
    Carianthe said:
    I do hope my comment didn't offend anyone. I just thought I'd share a little bit of light as to why this may be offensive. I just felt like everytime this discussion happens, somehow the actual reason why it started seems to be always forgotten because the spotlight goes to something completely different and us POC dolls who feel like our skintone is being used as a costume for a SYS that is linked to extremely hurtful stereotypes, are made out to be oversensitive. I personally don't see how using a darker doll or POC hair is done out of positive intent considering that (and other similar SYS) are the only place people feel the need to do so. If you don't want to have discussions about this topic, it's fine. It's not a light topic altogether and it's not something you should be forced to have but just because you think your actions and words may have little to no damage, that doesn't make it automatically true. I have seen this discussion happen from time to time since I've been lurking here and it's disappointing that the points that have been made several times (especially the ones which people always bring up as a defense as to why they feel like a black doll is more appropriate for a jungle themed SYS or an alien themed SYS) seem to be always ignored and questioned in a rather rude and arrogant manner.
    I do agree that the topic of using dark skintones as a signifier of “othering” in the context of alien or jungle SYS is a whole different kettle of fish and my intent was never to derail any discussion about that topic. In this case, the topic that was brought up was about a player who was using an array of skintones in the Paris runway SYS, so I was talking more about why someone might do that in a context like this. I wasn’t meaning to justify it, just discuss it. And to clarify, I was talking about my own use of POC dolls in everyday SYS as was being discussed upthread.

I hope you don’t feel that I made you or any other POC out to be oversensitive, or that I’m deliberately derailing a more important conversation. That definitely wasn’t my intent and if I did so I apologize. My goal here is to share some thoughts, hear some new ones, and hopefully come away knowing something I didn’t know before.

Last, I’m not sure if my posts are the rude and arrogant ones you’re talking about. I hope not, but if so, I would be grateful for any additional feedback you can give me so that I can work on my tone, because if so, there is a definite disparity between what I mean to say and what I am actually communicating.
    Oh no I wasn't talking about you doll. You seem very lovely and your post to me didn't seem rude or arrogant😊 I was talking about past interactions where things got very heavy and serious and I just wanted to say what I couldn't at the time. My post wasn't aimed at you and I apologize, I should have been a little more clear so there weren't any misunderstandings🤍
    Oh good, thanks for setting my mind at ease. I think you seem lovely as well 💗
  • emmymemmym Registered Users, Member 450 Posts

I have not been doing the best this sys 😂
  • emmymemmym Registered Users, Member 450 Posts
    Boocketa said:
    Dolls, I haven’t been feeling well this whole week… since I have been vaccinated I thought it was just stress and exhaustion. I have been tested positive yesterday for Covid… I am ok just very very tired, I have all the medicine and vitamins. Take care 🙏

feel better soon! ☹️☹️☹️
  • fenty777fenty777 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    averykkh said:
    Carianthe said:
    So, this will probably go over like a lead balloon, but as someone who has submitted POC looks in the past I wanted to explain where I was coming from and why I didn’t think it was offensive. Since learning that POC players find this to be a hurtful action, I have stopped doing it, and I don’t mean to excuse people who do it but rather provide an explanation for how someone might do it and not realize it would be offensive.

Before reading these forums, the way I viewed SYS events was as though I was a casting director casting models for a show. Because of that, I didn’t want to cast only white models. I would include Asian and Black dolls because I think representation is important. For example, for the Korean Street Style SYS, I created a lot of Korean doll looks because I imagined that for a runway show with that theme I would want to cast a lot of Korean models.

I realize now that most people here see your doll as one person who is entering a competition, and in that context, I absolutely agree that skin color is not something that can and should be put on like a costume, since that trivializes the experiences of POC.

I hope this doesn’t cause people to hate me (any more than they already hate me for being a ticket buyer) but I also think it’s important to own up to my past behavior.

To everyone who I have hurt by doing this, I am genuinely sorry.
    This is how I play, it’s how I’ve always played, and I will not be changing my stance on this. I work in fashion marketing. My literal job is to bring a cohesive feel to a diverse set of models. I can’t fathom how this is offensive, and I’m not interested in having further discourse on this topic. 

However, I’ve also seen countless examples of dolls here being very upset when a player posts using multiple skin tones. Often times it’s for a really good reason (jungle themes, etc). The player’s intent is always unknown, and that makes the presentation a really fine line. The internet doesn’t respond well to nuance.

I reserve the right to play however I want. No one gets to tell me what’s right and wrong with regards to that. But I also strive every day to be a decent human. This means not posting things that are blatantly hurtful or inflammatory. It’s everyone’s responsibility to know what might fall into that category. Changing skin tones is there, it’s just hurtful to some people. 

Everyone who plays like me is welcome to do so, but post at your own risk. Your positive intent doesn’t negate the experience of POC dolls who see it negatively. Similarly, your freedom to play how you want doesn’t exempt you from criticism when you post everything on a public forum. 

TLDR: how you play is not black and white, but how you present yourself matters. Don’t post things that you know could hurt others. 
    Working in “fashion marketing” and playing a game are two different things that you shouldn’t compare. You sound very ignorant. The models that you help coordinate at your job are stuck in their skin color. They can’t change in and out of their skin in order to fit the theme. Also, because you can’t “fathom” to understand how this is offensive comes off as very arrogant, & speaks to your unwillingness to hear others. You couldn’t possibly understand how this personally offends a person of color because you aren’t one. Instead of being closed minded and pushing their sentiments to the side, how about learning and educating yourself on these matters. Although this is a game, at the end of the day these are real people on this forum speaking about real issues. 

No drama tho, everyone just try to enjoy the game🙃💕
  • MikiMinajMikiMinaj Registered Users, Member 201 Posts
    @SweetOnika @averykkh @Carianthe @fenty777
    Thank you for your insightful view points! 
    I understand the general standpoint, I believe what I am trying to get forum players to understand is we are all playing the same game, and just because I or anyone else who plays differently from how you view/play the game doesn’t make them evil or weird. 
    It’s all love from this side not arguing with anyone just wanted to give forum players the opportunity to read and try to understand a new fellow gamer how I use the game and maybe even to give new players the ability to express themselves freely without being shamed for thinking about the game differently 🌈💖

• Olivia1896Olivia1896 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    LindaVB said:
    My looks 1-4:

Looks 5-12:

Doing really great!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts
    Disaster

Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
  • LydiaKKHLydiaKKH Registered Users, Member 870 Posts

iOS 41lvl 📱 English isn't my first language 🇵🇱
    Free player since July 2019 💖

#capontrendsetters #savingkstarsproject #alldolledupsquad
  • ShellydaliieShellydaliie Registered Users, Member 1,064 Posts
    Looks 11 and 12 😊.

• MemejazzuraMemejazzura Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    Here are some of my looks, I bet you can tell how obsessed I am with the headpiece from this weekend’s giftbox. 🙈💕

💕 Kara 💕
    💕 iOS player 💕
    Boocketa said:
    Disaster

Think I voted for the first one 
  • therealsavannahtherealsavannah Registered Users, Member 126 Posts
    edited August 2021

MY FIRST 60 EVER, IM SO HAPPY BUT ALSO SO SCARED CAUSE I DONT WANT THE 60s CURSE 😬😬😬😬😬
  • MarianiPoizenMarianiPoizen Registered Users, Member 2,273 Posts
    I’m officially at the point in the school holidays where I’ve lost all track of what day of the week it is. I thought this morning, after I got my score for my 10th look, that I had three looks to get 120 points to get to 535 for the last earnable. It’s literally just dawned on me when I checked the score from my last look that I need to get to 575. It’s so not happening 🤦‍♀️
    Looks 9-12

I play on iOS

• tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    Idk….

• PrincessCDettePrincessCDette Registered Users, Member 413 Posts
    Submitted one extra ticket to ensure I got the second earnable. 
    I'm a feminist, activist, fangirl, princess and a pet parent. Yes, a princess AND a feminist. The duality in my personality makes me great! 
    Android User off an on from 2014

• jalapenojalapeno Registered Users, Member 833 Posts
    All my looks in order✨
    Started off bad and somehow scores got to a 50 idk lmao🤷🏼‍♀️
    I got the last earnable but not a big fan of it 

• slappedcakeslappedcake Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I actually really love this 🖤 💙 

Your doll looks so hot 🥵❤️‍🔥 in love with how you styles it 

Anyway, every time i like the earnables, my scores are just terrible… it even getting lower 🤣

That me done for this sys. Didn’t really like the other 5 looks I submitted. 
  • OxyOxy Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Here's all my looks for this SYS! I tried using all the best gowns I own because the theme title really didn't match Kim's call IMO.

The past 2 SYS events I actually did poorly (all 30s soon as I got to gold..) but this time it was pretty nice!

• OxyOxy Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Also, can I just say, @slappedcake, your doll looks divine. I love those eyes (though I don't knew where they're from.) Your doll just looks very sleek! Especially with the straight hair! Very nice <3
  • BoocketaBoocketa Registered Users, Member 1,407 Posts
    This was a waste of time. I’ve been feeling a bit better today but still dizzy and weak. I used two extra tickets, one by mistake, and I still didn't reach the last prize. Tied in 5th with another doll

Belgrade player since 2018 / LVL 64 / iOS
  • ChrysalisChrysalis Registered Users, Member 275 Posts
    @Boocketa Hope you feel better and symptoms go away soon! 💕 P.S. Same here, my scores have turned to garbage 💩
  • Kkh_samKkh_sam Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    i have 571/575 votes 😩😫 anybody else hate when this happens and has no tickets left?
  • therealsavannahtherealsavannah Registered Users, Member 126 Posts

Yup, the 60s curse is absolutely real, but even with it I managed to get the last earnable, which hasn’t happened in a while… here is how i styled it!

Btw: loooooove this weeks earnable hair! So cute!
  • MsMKT86MsMKT86 Registered Users, Member 342 Posts

They really want this outfit, I tell you! Oowee!

(The pictured doll is me! 😁) 
    Fangirl, Intersectional Feminist, Activist, Writer (author, some would say). #YouDefineYou she/her 
    Android User from way back