Is this normal?

quietoffiquietoffi Registered Users, Member 78 Posts
Hi Dolls:

I wanted to post this question before I throw in the towel. I've been corresponding continuously with customer support, but they never actually read what I wrote or the screen grabs I send and just reply with answers that don't answer the question. I'm hoping I can crowdsource this? 

I'm at level 25 and have 178m fans. Many things in the game remain locked (for example, nearly all businesses). I clear all my tasks all the time. It's actually quite easy, because I only ever have 1 new task at any given time. For example, I would finish one quest and then would need to wait anywhere from 6 to 24 hours until the next one becomes available. Simon has NEVER called me (not even once) for any sort of choice for a side gig. Is this normal? I can only play for like 5-10 min twice, maybe three times in a 24 hour cycle because there is nothing for me to do. When I go to Simon's office, he doesn't have anything to say to me either. 

Right now, I have the following Goals:
 - "Super Stardom" - reach #10 on the Top Stars list
 - "Wedding Glam" - buy a wedding dress and wear it (i don't want to get married in the game at this point)
 - "The Mistyque event" - Model at runway on Popglam -available in 6+ hours. 
 - Korkov's Gala Outfit Pt 2 - I'm saving purchasing buying that outfit for a VIP weekend. 

I know that once I finish The Mistyque event, I'll need to wait another 6 or 12 or 24 hours for my next task. Is this normal? It's such a boring and slow way to play the game. I went to all locations and entered all available houses/venues and talked to everyone and no new tasks/quests appear. 

Thanks for any advice! 

Comments

• Aleja28Aleja28 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    Saaame!!! Right now I’m in level 26 and in #99 with 186.4m fans and 2 goals: So Swan and Stardom (to get in the top50). I’ve talked to Support and one of the moderators and they basically told me that I had to reach top 100 in order to unlock more storylines. I did and still nothing, no calls from Simon or new goals  which pretty much sucks because all I’ve been doing for the past weeks is having parties because that helps with fans and waiting for the 24h tasks :/ 
    All support says is “it might be an internet connection problem” “reach top 100 and a lot will unlock” so… I know I’m not being helping at all but wanted 1. To vent and 2. Let you know that you’re not alone!! 
  • quietoffiquietoffi Registered Users, Member 78 Posts
    @Aleja28 Wow, so maybe this IS the normal now? But I used to play back in 2017 and it wasn't like this at all. And others seem to have many tasks available. And they get Simon phone calls? I know what you mean about feeling helpless with CS - they keep telling me that ski resort will unlock at level 10. Even though I have told them multiple times I'm level 25. They just reply that I should be patient, and that it will unlock at level 10. Okaay. 

Do parties count as professional gigs for the Throwback boxes or the 5 stars weekend events? I've been doing Bel Air reality shows gigs, but it's too boring so I mostly gave up and am looking for a new game to play. I've had this issue for about a month now, so updating to the latest version or reaching top 100 or top 50 didn't help at all. I have a sneaking suspicion that this happened after I spent money on the game (tickets and also k star packs), so maybe the game now wants me to pay Simon to move up the gigs? 

• FaeFae Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Sadly I think it’s just a normal thing for new games. 

There seem to be a lot of features which are supposed to unlock early but just get blocked somehow (like VIP contacts, top shows, businesses, etc.) and unlocked randomly a lot later on. 

I’m level 35 and only ever have 1 gig at a time (although Simon’s side gigs did unlock for me at some point), but I barely have any businesses unlocked and I definitely don’t have the ski resort. 

Glu customer support never helps sadly, and the only advice I can give is the same as their copy & pasted response - keep doing the main storyline and eventually more will become unblocked. 
    quietoffi said:
    @Aleja28 Wow, so maybe this IS the normal now? But I used to play back in 2017 and it wasn't like this at all. And others seem to have many tasks available. And they get Simon phone calls? I know what you mean about feeling helpless with CS - they keep telling me that ski resort will unlock at level 10. Even though I have told them multiple times I'm level 25. They just reply that I should be patient, and that it will unlock at level 10. Okaay. 

Do parties count as professional gigs for the Throwback boxes or the 5 stars weekend events? I've been doing Bel Air reality shows gigs, but it's too boring so I mostly gave up and am looking for a new game to play. I've had this issue for about a month now, so updating to the latest version or reaching top 100 or top 50 didn't help at all. I have a sneaking suspicion that this happened after I spent money on the game (tickets and also k star packs), so maybe the game now wants me to pay Simon to move up the gigs? 

GOSHH never so so so same. I feel like I’m giving up on the game. I played it before too and it wasn’t at all like this, there was always something to do. I was actually having fun until this started happening… one goal every 24h is boring and CS not doing anything or helping makes it all even worse. I’m so behind that I didn’t even know there was a ski resort haha.

No, parties don’t count as professional gigs… Reality shows is all we have left 😮‍💨😮‍💨. Also, I don’t think the lack of gigs could be because of spending money, I haven’t spent any, I thought about it tho but what’s happening right now was a slap in the face screaming “don’t do it”. So yeah… if you find a new game let me know please. 

• Asena_55Asena_55 Registered Users, Member 143 Posts
    I think this is a problem with new games the chronological order of the gigs are kind of messed up. I started a new game last month and I had the same problems with my game. I finished the storyline with kendall and kylie and they still didn’t unlock as vip contact and the chronological order of the gigs weren’t right. Thankfully I managed to get my older game back. 
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 681 Posts
    It's an issue w new games. I don’t know when this exaclty started though and i don't know why it hasn't been fixed yet but basically the chronological order of the storylines is messed up badly and therefore blocking many quests that only ulock randomly. I don't know if it has anything to do w the fact that they have changed many storylines dialogs and that's why nearly everything is so gltichy for new games.
    So it sounds like re-starting and restoring purchases won't even help, as all newish games are affected? That was the next thing I was considering trying. I started this game sometime in July. Well, that kind of sucks. I was really hoping that it was just me and there was an actual solution. It's kind of surprising that they wouldn't want to retain newer players. It is so very boring when you can only play for a few min every 24 hours. 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 27,395 Posts
     I have specifically asked about this, and was told there is no issue, just keep playing. I have read a lot unlocks when you reach top #100.  But, I’m going to ask again. In the meantime, if you’re not yet in top 100 TopList, work on getting there. fastest way to rise on the TopList (NOT REALITY SHOW OR COUPLES) is by throwing parties. 

When I hear back I’ll respond here. 

🦋Purple Headed  ♊+  🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    🙅I Am NOT a Glu Employee🙅
    🌟If you see a problematic post please dm the link🌟
    💜Vats

Thanks so much for following up Koko. I'm actually way past top 100 (currently #38) and nothing changed for me. I actually think it got worse, as it seems the times between tasks recently stretched to larger increments, often 8+ hours. So at least for me, the solution is not that. 

I'd be curious to hear what CS says to you, hopefully you can access someone who can give an insightful and helpful answer. 
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 681 Posts
    @kokokokonut I actually have another save game that I started a few months back just to see if it was a random thing and in that specific game, I am currently in the top 50 and it's still the same issue. I think it should be searched as it's an issue it only affects new games.
  • FaeFae Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    I restarted my game a few weeks in back in March because of all of these problems but with no luck, Glu really doesn’t seem to want to look into the issues with new games, I sent in so many tickets over and over when I started. 😔

If it helps at all, I’ve just made it past a line of quests with 1 every 24 hours and now I’m getting an update every 8 hours or so, even had just a 3 hour wait. So. Woo. :’) 
    I explained the situation and linked to this thread. Fingers crossed for luck. :)
    💜Vats

Well, as an update on my situation, I finished the 24h goals and right now I don’t have any different than “reach top 50” 😩
  • BriannakkhBriannakkh Registered Users, Member 219 Posts
    @Aleja28 i would suggest to throw some parties in your Calabasas or Bel Air or any other house. You will gain bunch of followers and will have place to spend your energy.
    Also you can film your show, it will help to open TB boxes x
    @Aleja28 i would suggest to throw some parties in your Calabasas or Bel Air or any other house. You will gain bunch of followers and will have place to spend your energy.
    Also you can film your show, it will help to open TB boxes x
    I really appreciate the advice!! I posted that because my game has been stuck for a while now and support basically said “reach top 100 and the storylines will unlock” and it clearly didn’t happen 🤗 
    What does the game look like for older, unaffected games? I'm in the same boat as Aleja unfortunately. Do older game players unlock side gigs at a particular level or have more than 1 quest at a time? Are their quests also timed 8/12/24 hours apart each? It would be helpful to know how it is supposed to be, because when I try to explain these issues to Support, I get told that nothing is amiss even though it clearly is.  
  • TheaTakesLATheaTakesLA Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I am having a similar issue, I’m level 28. I somehow got a comeback story without reaching number 1, this may be a possibility that I just didn’t know about, but I was under the impression you have to reach number 1 first before starting comeback stories. I only have the so chic in down town la, salon in Brooklyn, and the winery in Cape Town. No other businesses are available for purchase. I also have never unlocked top shows even tho it says it’s supposed to unlock at level 11. I am still getting a good amount of quests but i think that is due to doing the come back story. I’m just confused as to why I don’t have access to things that appear to be available at much lower levels, too shows being the one I’m most confused about!
  • bexgombexgom Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    quietoffi said:
    What does the game look like for older, unaffected games? I'm in the same boat as Aleja unfortunately. Do older game players unlock side gigs at a particular level or have more than 1 quest at a time? Are their quests also timed 8/12/24 hours apart each? It would be helpful to know how it is supposed to be, because when I try to explain these issues to Support, I get told that nothing is amiss even though it clearly is.  
    my game is veryyy old (i took a break for a couple years but had my game saved so i’m playing catch up still) and the quests are still usually 8/12/24 hours apart unless simon calls, then it’s immediate i think. it does fluctuate between sometimes i only have 1 or 2 quests i’m working on, then i’ll finish one and for some reason that will be the one that unlocks like 6 other storylines all at once lol.
  • FoxieLolaFoxieLola Registered Users, Member 366 Posts
    quietoffi said:
    My game is maybe 18 months old might be slightly older I can't remember exactly (feel like I've been playing forever) but my tasks used to stack like crazy. I could have more than 12 piled up and it would really get on my nerves so I worked and worked to get rid of them. Previously I'd do one and another one would roll in and it was never ending. Everytime I came out of a task id get another call. Its just recently settled down to where I get a couple at a time and now I'm waiting for them rather than frantically trying to clear them. 
    @Aleja28 Any luck on new quests? I reached my goal of "top 10 super stardom" and got no new quests and didn't unlock anything. So moving up in fans or ranking does nothing.
    quietoffi said:
    @Aleja28 Any luck on new quests? I reached my goal of "top 10 super stardom" and got no new quests and didn't unlock anything. So moving up in fans or ranking does nothing.
    I got one called co-headliner #1 but the storyline unlocks every 24h which is not great but it’s something. I find it weird because when I got the call they said what they usually say like “you’ll be able to do it in 8hrs” but then I got a 24h wait :/ 
    That’s all I have honestly.. still not impressed 
    @Aleja28 I started the comeback already. It's kind of funny, everything still locked. Maybe this time around it will be better? Comeback itself gave me a couple of quests too. But the original quest line is still mostly on a 24h delay timeclock.

@kokokokonut Any news from Glu on how to play if your game is like ours? You mentioned back on Sept 20th that you sent an email. Curious if you got any feedback on it? It seems like it must be a glitch. The game is designed to make you play it more often and be more into it, right? And here we have a situation where players are limited to only play 1 quest every 24 hours. 
  • CaitAdeleCaitAdele Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
     I have specifically asked about this, and was told there is no issue, just keep playing. I have read a lot unlocks when you reach top #100.  But, I’m going to ask again. In the meantime, if you’re not yet in top 100 TopList, work on getting there. fastest way to rise on the TopList (NOT REALITY SHOW OR COUPLES) is by throwing parties. 

When I hear back I’ll respond here. 

I’ve gone well past top 100 and started a comeback and things still never unlocked. I’m nearly level 28 and still get ONE quest a day that I have to wait 24 hours to start. I still don’t have RT, I get zero calls from Simon with gigs, etc. 

I played years ago and it was 100% not like this. 
    quietoffi said:
    @Aleja28 I started the comeback already. It's kind of funny, everything still locked. Maybe this time around it will be better? Comeback itself gave me a couple of quests too. But the original quest line is still mostly on a 24h delay timeclock.

@kokokokonut Any news from Glu on how to play if your game is like ours? You mentioned back on Sept 20th that you sent an email. Curious if you got any feedback on it? It seems like it must be a glitch. The game is designed to make you play it more often and be more into it, right? And here we have a situation where players are limited to only play 1 quest every 24 hours. 
    😩 I honestly would appreciate any update.. after today’s problem I’m like done done 
  • WhatIsRealityWhatIsReality Registered Users, Member 329 Posts
    Does you device OS need updating, just asking because that can sometimes cause issues 
    Why do I even bother 😒
    It’s official I have SYS anxiety, does anyone else?
    PM me to add me on Facebook 
    #OnStrikeUntilEveryPlayerGets20Videos #EqualTreatmentOfAllPlayers #GreedyAppDevelopersLoseMoney
    So an update on my situation. Just for background, I'm currently on my "comeback" and level 26. Still only getting 1 quest every 24 hours, sometimes every 12 hours, despite fact that I clear my quests. Game started in July 2021. Side gigs not unlocked and nearly all businesses still locked too. 

I was really excited because I was on a story arc that culminates in meeting Silvio who would offer me to open a So Chic in the Hamptons! Yay I thought. I was doing 5 stars on every quest in that storyline and I completed everything in the following order, just as they were supposed to be, as outlined on the fandom wiki page: https://kimkardashianhollywood.fandom.com/wiki/Matchmaker
    1. Matchmaker
    2. Pictures & Panino
    3. Chic Speak
    4. Show you're Chic
    5. Cover Shooting
    6. Acting Up
    7. The Method
    8. Suite Deal 
    9. Coldest Winters

I was actually so excited because after these 9 quests, I was then supposed to get the following quest "Pop-up-ortunity" which would be the next step in getting the So Chic Hamptons offer. INSTEAD, I got a random unrelated quest!!! WHY??? Obviously, there is something specifically blocking my game from unlocking any businesses. 

@kokokokonut Sorry to @ you again, but I assume you missed my previous ping during the mayhem of the last few days. What was the outcome of the email from Sept 20th? Thank you! 

@KalindaKing As you can see from the thread, there are a number of newish payers who are in this situation, something is wrong with our games and we are all unable to fix this through the proper Support channels. Can you please help us get proper help with Customer Support? What should we say or do to address the issues in our games? Thank you! 

I did receive a message that this frequent complaint will be investigated. When I hear more, I’ll post.  And I sent in the link to this thread, so Glu could respond here as well.  Let’s all think good thoughts!

💜Vats

• helly23helly23 Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    edited October 6
    I have same issue, im lvl 23 and also still get one quest at the moment
    ios 15, iPhone 8 Plus 
    I’ll try “reach 100” let’s see what happens

Interesting, up to level 20-21, I had so many tasks that I didn't have time to complete them, (8 at once) but after that I began to receive one task a day and this is annoying, cause there was nothing to do in the game
    and I also have a locked partnerships and top shows
    vip contacts and connections were unlock to 23 lvl
    I did receive a message that this frequent complaint will be investigated. When I hear more, I’ll post.  And I sent in the link to this thread, so Glu could respond here as well.  Let’s all think good thoughts!

Thanks so much for following up Koko. Please let us know Glu's response. Support told me to talk to characters, but before I could confirm if they mean with "yellow" signs or just random characters, they closed the ticket. I obviously don't have anyone with "yellow exclamation" points anywhere. I don't think that's the fix anyway. Thanks for your wishes of good thoughts! I can see it's been very tough around here.