Top Stars List

AstridAstrid Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I’m getting increasingly frustrated with the Top Stars list, to the point where I just wanna give up. I’m desperately trying to reach number 1 so I can start a comeback and hopefully get new goals to complete. But I am struggling big time to gain fans. And every time I do, I only seem to gain 1-2 spots on the list if I’m lucky. Yet the NPCs gain 20-30 spots?? 
Take today for example - I literally played all day, finally made it to #5 and I’m like, yay, glimmer of hope… NOPE… I just logged in and BOOM I’m down to 8th, and I’m tied with 2 NPCs so no
doubt by morning I’ll be out of the Top 10, AGAIN.  
I’ve tried talking to support and they just give me some generic answer that it’s based on my event performance. I’m getting 5 stars on my events!!! And I’m not getting anywhere. Just seems pointless to even try because I’m literally in a loop of spend all day to gain enough fans to reach top 10, 30 minutes later I’m back where I started. 
I’m absolutely over it, and would just like some answers as to why I’m clearly not gaining fans like the NPCs are, even though I’m 5 starring my events and tasks. 
Help please cos I’m ready to just give up.

Answers

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Please don't be discouraged. The fastest way to rise in fans, which is what Top Star is all about, is parties. Whenever someone does a comeback, the fastest way to rise up is parties. In RL it would be fame from work - movies, photoshoots, etc, but here it is parties.   Instead of doing the Weekly Professional TB event, try doing parties instead. Right now, everyone is doing parties, so your contacts will be doing parties as well.   
    Try doing parties during the week,  and see if that helps. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AstridAstrid Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Hi there, pretty much all I’m doing at the moment is parties, and I don’t have my game linked to FB so I don’t have real life friends in my game as well. 
    It’s a bit hard not to get discouraged when I’m playing almost non-stop to rise up, and yet the other characters in my game who aren’t even real life players, seem to just glide up the list; this morning there are 4 above me who have gained 10+ spots, and 2 just below me as well. 
    I don’t mind a game being challenging, but this is just seems very out of sync. 
    edited October 2021
    This literally just happened - I’m done. 
    Every time I make it to the top 10, the NPCs smash me back out. I’m sick of doing back to back to back parties to gain 1.1 million fans each time, claw my way up and then BOOM, take a quick break and down I go.
    It’s not fun and I’m over it.
  • FaeFae Registered Users, Member 896 Posts
    Astrid said:
    This literally just happened - I’m done. 
    Every time I make it to the top 10, the NPCs smash me back out. I’m sick of doing back to back to back parties to gain 1.1 million fans each time, claw my way up and then BOOM, take a quick break and down I go.
    It’s not fun and I’m over it.
    I would honestly send in a ticket to customer care, those numbers don’t seem right at all. How long have you been playing for? I’ve never seen NPCs get so high in fans. 

Here’s my leaderboard for example, I’m on a comeback quest rn but I’m pretty sure the top 3 had around the same number of fans the first time I got there. 

• BriannakkhBriannakkh Registered Users, Member 1,379 Posts
    Ahh this must be very frustrating! 
    I remember being stuck there for a few days but I all did was 3hr parties and eventually I made it
    Hi Fae,
    I’ve sent numerous tickets to customer care and just get told the same thing - just keep doing events and parties … and yet I’m just a hamster on a wheel going around and around and getting nowhere.
    I’ve been playing for a while so the number of fans I’m not worried about, it’s the fact they keep just rising up so much easier than I do- and I’m the one working my butt off to try and get somewhere.
    I’ve had a couple of people say to me that if you do a lot of parties that bots will activate and gain way more fans and that can affect your progress. So I’ve tried no parties and just gigs that Simon sends through… I just went from 8th to 13th - I’m so mad!
    Hi Briannakkh, I’ve been stuck like this for weeks - going to try and contact customer care again today cos I finally got to 8th again, just logged in and I’m back to 13th - I’m so mad 
  • DredaeDredae Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Astrid said:
    Hi Briannakkh, I’ve been stuck like this for weeks - going to try and contact customer care again today cos I finally got to 8th again, just logged in and I’m back to 13th - I’m so mad 
    Hi! I've been experiencing the same thing
     I know this post is a bit older but how did it work out for you? My npcs go up 20+ spots constantly and support is no help even with screen shots like yours. It is so frustrating it makes me want to quit