👯‍♀️The Cheetah Girls Squad 👯‍♀️(Please don't post unless you're a member)

Comments

• dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    Welcome back @Galaxaura14! Hope everything went well!

@maggiey I'm on board with the new system if everyone else agrees 😊
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • VidhiVidhi Registered Users, Member 195 Posts
    @maggiey i just realized 2 issues we might need to work on before implementing this. 1) we have an inactive player 2) and also a player who doesnot give out kudos that frequently. 
  • DearDelilahDearDelilah Registered Users, Member 159 Posts
    @maggiey i think this is something we’re definitely capable of and would pay off in the long run for fairness!

i know i came to the squad super late since i started playing again, just wanted to say i appreciate the stream of kudos before we change our system! sorry if i personally miss giving you one because of my memory LOL. here was my latest pick dolls, yay for diamonds 💙💎💎

ios player ⋆ ༘ *🦋
  • Galaxaura14Galaxaura14 Registered Users, Member 284 Posts
    @dpeters It's good to be back 😄

@maggiey I thought my comment had posted earlier, but I guess not (I'll erase it if it reappears 👀) - anyway, I don't mind changing the system if that is what everyone wants! But I will need it explained to me because I don't understand what or how we will go about this 😅

I will say, even tho Glu took away our daily Kudos refreshes, I think I've done a good job at giving Kudos out equally. Over a week and a half, I am able to get thru my list from top to bottom (and then I just repeat it all over again) 😊

She/Her
    Android
  • maggieymaggiey Registered Users, Member 985 Posts
    @Vidhi yep so I did mention having to replace LindsayRose when we implement this new system so I’m going to start looking for another doll who may want to join. 

I think when that is settled, I will create a chart that will say exactly who each person will be giving kudos to and it will also have who you will be receiving from (which should clear things up for how the new system will work @Galaxaura14 )

Out if curiosity, do you guys get email notifications when someone tags you in this thread? I’ve always gotten emailed when I’ve been tagged or even when someone just comments on here (possibly because I created the thread).

Or do you guys get email notifications when someone PMs you? 

This info will just help me figure out how to get in touch with all the dolls in this squad to share info about the new system which hopefully will help with ensuring that everybody is giving out their kudos 

appreciate all the thoughts and opinions shared! Would greatly appreciate some patience while I find a new member to join us (if you know of anyone looking for a squad, tell them to PM me!), figure out the chart and get in contact with anyone who isn’t regularly active on the forum 
  • dinoqueen9dinoqueen9 Registered Users, Member 1,351 Posts
    maggiey said:
    @Vidhi yep so I did mention having to replace LindsayRose when we implement this new system so I’m going to start looking for another doll who may want to join. 

I think when that is settled, I will create a chart that will say exactly who each person will be giving kudos to and it will also have who you will be receiving from (which should clear things up for how the new system will work @Galaxaura14 )

Out if curiosity, do you guys get email notifications when someone tags you in this thread? I’ve always gotten emailed when I’ve been tagged or even when someone just comments on here (possibly because I created the thread).

Or do you guys get email notifications when someone PMs you? 

This info will just help me figure out how to get in touch with all the dolls in this squad to share info about the new system which hopefully will help with ensuring that everybody is giving out their kudos 

appreciate all the thoughts and opinions shared! Would greatly appreciate some patience while I find a new member to join us (if you know of anyone looking for a squad, tell them to PM me!), figure out the chart and get in contact with anyone who isn’t regularly active on the forum 
    I get an email because I have this thread favorited!!
  • LexKKHLexKKH Registered Users, Member 725 Posts
    Hi, I know this isn’t my squad- you can tell me to go away lol. 

But I’ve personally found Discord to be a big help in communicating with my squad. Not just about kudos but SYS and other things.^^ We use a chart like this (covered up everyone’s names lol). It’s made on a Google docs so you can easily edit people in and out, if someone isn’t complying lol.
    Also if you need help figuring out the chart, I can help.

Everyone in my squad gets 10 kudos a week.
    And if anyone has any issues we can discuss on discord which is good.

Hope this helps 🙏
    IOS Doll 🇬🇧 Since 2019 :)
  • brom617brom617 Registered Users, Member 559 Posts
    I'm ok with changing how we give out kudos as long as it's fair for everyone and everyone participates because I know that there is 1 member that doesn't give out kudos as much as the rest of us. 
  • Aniya_Aniya_ Registered Users, Member 198 Posts
    I think the method is great idea!

I also have the ponytail for those of you looking
    @LexKKH yep, that is actually the chart I had in mind and was going to make!

I wasn’t sure about a discord when creating this squad because I didn’t know if everyone had an account/would make one just for the purpose of talking with the squad

If the discord is something that people are down for then I would be happy to make one!

And I hear all your concerns about the squad member who doesn’t always give out kudos! That’s why I’m trying to figure out a way to message/tag them by seeing how you guys get notified so that they’ll see the new changes and to know that they have to give out kudos more consistently 
    maggiey said:
    @LexKKH yep, that is actually the chart I had in mind and was going to make!

I wasn’t sure about a discord when creating this squad because I didn’t know if everyone had an account/would make one just for the purpose of talking with the squad

If the discord is something that people are down for then I would be happy to make one!

And I hear all your concerns about the squad member who doesn’t always give out kudos! That’s why I’m trying to figure out a way to message/tag them by seeing how you guys get notified so that they’ll see the new changes and to know that they have to give out kudos more consistently 
    I really like discord!!
  • lovelydolllovelydoll Registered Users, Member 634 Posts
    Vidhi said:
    @maggiey i just realized 2 issues we might need to work on before implementing this. 1) we have an inactive player 2) and also a player who doesnot give out kudos that frequently. 
    I agree with @Vidhi on this. If we are going to change the system, we have to deal with these issues first.

I think our system is very fair. But if each of us will givee kudos to 5 spesific people, every squad member needs to be very active in the game and should not forget the kudos giving day. Otherwise it would be unfair. I believe our chart system is very good and every member benefits equally from it. So I have doubts about changing the system.

But I really like @LexKKH’s idea, thank you doll! I got very excited about it and the Discord idea! I’d really like to join if we’d have a discord channel! But every squad member needs to feel comfortable with the Discord idea if we’re gonna communicate from there.

By the way, I only get emails when someone sends me a direct message only. I don’t receive emails when you tag me. But I come by to the forum everyday so it is not important to me. @maggiey
  • buffysummers0990buffysummers0990 Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    I don’t have any e-mail notifications turned on for the forum but I can easily change that if it’s helpful. Plus I already have a discord account so I should be good to go if we decide to move forward with it😊
    Hiiii! Sorry for coming back to the forum so late since my exam week last month -- all of your messages of support and wishing me luck really meant a lot because of how stressful it all was 🥺😵‍💫💕

Congratulations on passing your driver's test @maggiey! 😄🥳

@dpeters I LOVE The Bold Type! Jane, Kat, and Sutton really felt like my friends 🥰

Welcome to the squad @DearDelilah !!! I hope you've been having a wonderful time w/ these lovelies 💜

As for the items that will become available in the upcoming update:
    For some reason, it won't let me attach my picture of the items I own and what I want... I have all of the earnables, GB top in the second row, the GB ankara style dress in the third row; and the GB ponytail in the last row (@lovelydoll) 😊
    I want the GB matching skirt to the top I own and the GB clear bag in the second row and the GB dress/pantsuit in the last row (but I don't have enough diamonds at the moment to get all of these items 😅)
    yeeess ponytail hair 😍 I am so happy that you have it! I’d really like to buy it from you! I have the pansuit! And can I ask what you meant by GB ankara style dress lol it interested me since I live in Ankara but have no idea what it is 😂😂😂
  • VidhiVidhi Registered Users, Member 195 Posts
    I don’t receive any emails but i can change that. I also have discord account and i would be okay to communicate their too as i already am active on discord.
    edited March 2022
    Thanks for all your helpful info! It'll help me figure out how to alert everyone to the changes being made when the time comes (update so far: i've reached out to squad members who may not give kudos as frequently as well as some dolls looking for a squad to join, I've also create a chart and am just waiting for a final doll to fill up our 15th spot so I can finalize the chart.)

It does look like we're going with the discord route judging by the responses so far so I am in the process of setting that up.
    I am looking for someone to help me set up and run the discord as I'm a fairly new user on there and i've never created my own channel and I think the help of someone who knows what they're doing would help a lot  😅
    This person would be given a moderator role on the channel so if you're interested, send me a pm!  (position filled already)
    I'd like to offer a warm welcome to @DramaDramaDrama! So excited to have you here 💕
    edited March 2022
    @maggiey I am not an expert on Discord but I am generally good with computer stuff. Also I sometimes use discord with my friends so I pretty much know about it. I’d like to help you about it!
    I don't have a discord account and I don't know how to use it but if someone can explain I'll gladly open an account 😊

Welcome @DramaDramaDrama! Hope you enjoy being part of this squad 🤗🎉
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    edited March 2022
    @DramaDramaDrama welcome to our amazing squad! Hope you enjoy and feel the warm environment here 😍💐
  • buffysummers0990buffysummers0990 Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    Welcome @DramaDramaDrama! I hope you love being apart of our little squad - and I love your name!😊💕
    yeeess ponytail hair 😍 I am so happy that you have it! I’d really like to buy it from you! I have the pansuit! And can I ask what you meant by GB ankara style dress lol it interested me since I live in Ankara but have no idea what it is 😂😂😂
    @lovelydoll I'll put a look together w/ the hair in a lil bit 😊

And mhm! So, I remember a couple dolls on the forum pointed out that the GB dress is an ankara dress, a traditionally African styled dress 😍

She/Her
    Android
    I have notifications for our thread and PMs sent to an email, but I don't mind us switching our communications over to Discord (I'll just need to learn how to use it 🤓)

@DramaDramaDrama Welcome to our squad !!! We are so happy to have another lovely face around here 😊💕
    She/Her
    Android
    @lovelydoll I'll put a look together w/ the hair in a lil bit 😊

And mhm! So, I remember a couple dolls on the forum pointed out that the GB dress is an ankara dress, a traditionally African styled dress 😍

thank you for the info! I think it is unrelated with my city LOL 😂 The dresses are very cute though.
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    edited March 2022
    maggiey said:
    I'd like to offer a warm welcome to @DramaDramaDrama! So excited to have you here 💕

thank you so much it’s so lovely to be in a squad with all you amazing dolls. 
    edited March 2022
    @dinoqueen9 @livimi @Galaxaura14 @Aniya_ @chrissyy @dpeters @brom617 @buffysummers0990 @smcs97 @Bellbottom @Vidhi @lovelydoll @DearDelilah @DramaDramaDrama

Okay everyone here is the chart for how we will give out kudos! 

You look for your bolded name under the "your name" column, the names under kudos 1-5 are who you are responsible for giving kudos to every single time!  For example, I look to my bolded name and see that I am responsible for giving Liv, Buffy Summers, Aurora, Aniya, and Christine kudos every time it refills.
    I have ensured your own name appears 5 times in other columns so you will receive 5 kudos back every time.
    This new system will ensure that everyone receives a kudos box every 1.5 weeks

I highly recommend taking a screenshot or writing down who the 5 people you are giving kudos to so that you can refer back to the picture or your note. 

Not everyone may see this chart by the time the Thursdays kudos refill but it is expected that we are all using this chart by at least Monday kudos refill to keep it fair (which will also give me time to reach out anyone I may need to). 

If you are still unsure who you have to give kudos to, let me know and I can help you

Please interact with this post in some form by using a reaction so that I know who has seen it (this will help me figure out who I need to reach out to personally to share this chart)

Thank you @maggiey! I promise I'll set an alarm so that I don't forget to send kudos when they refresh 😊
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    maggiey said:
    @dinoqueen9 @livimi @Galaxaura14 @Aniya_ @chrissyy @dpeters @brom617 @buffysummers0990 @smcs97 @Bellbottom @Vidhi @lovelydoll @DearDelilah @DramaDramaDrama

Okay everyone here is the chart for how we will give out kudos! 

You look for your bolded name under the "your name" column, the names under kudos 1-5 are who you are responsible for giving kudos to every single time!  For example, I look to my bolded name and see that I am responsible for giving Liv, Buffy Summers, Aurora, Aniya, and Christine kudos every time it refills.
    I have ensured your own name appears 5 times in other columns so you will receive 5 kudos back every time.
    This new system will ensure that everyone receives a kudos box every 1.5 weeks

I highly recommend taking a screenshot or writing down who the 5 people you are giving kudos to so that you can refer back to the picture or your note. 

Not everyone may see this chart by the time the Thursdays kudos refill but it is expected that we are all using this chart by at least Monday kudos refill to keep it fair (which will also give me time to reach out anyone I may need to). 

If you are still unsure who you have to give kudos to, let me know and I can help you

Please interact with this post in some form by using a reaction so that I know who has seen it (this will help me figure out who I need to reach out to personally to share this chart)

this is brilliant!! thank you for setting this up!!

also welcome @DramaDramaDrama, it’s great to have you!!
  • DearDelilahDearDelilah Registered Users, Member 159 Posts
    welcome @DramaDramaDrama, all of the dolls here are absolute gems!! 

& thank you loads @maggiey it’s super organized and easy to follow! 
    ios player ⋆ ༘ *🦋
    Huge thanks to @LexKKH and another doll on the forum for sharing this method with us! Was a great help for me in creating the chart 💕

Discord is still in the process of being set up, @dpeters i'm going to try see if there's a way I can set up an automatic reminder there about when kudos refill if that would be a helpful! For anyone who hasn't used discord before, I would say it's pretty similar to the forum in which we would have a private server just for us, and then channels for different topics (like the threads on here) where we can all basically just send chats and messages to each other. I can even create threads in each channel if we want to share like inspo for each sys so that way, it's a specific thread for that one sys

And I wanted to thank you all for being so open minded to trying something new out with the squad and your patience as we figure out the changes 💕