Options

šŸ›ļøKK:H Weekend Event 4/8/22 - VIP Means Shop Till You Drop Weekend! šŸ›ļø

Comments

• Options
    shankkhshankkh Registered Users, Member 1,094 Posts
    edited April 2022
    Reina12 said:
    @shankkh @dinoqueen9 so glad I asked šŸ˜… is the next one after that 150 or 300, or did I completely make up 150 lol
    Honestly I canā€™t remember šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ I think 150 BUT the last earnable is 500 and 150 is closer to 50 than 500 but 300 is closer to 500 than 50, (if that makes sense šŸ˜…) so I need the answer to this question as well šŸ˜… @Reina12
    IOSĀ Daily PlayeršŸ“±šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø
    A +++Ā List šŸ¤© Level 49

• Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    @Joanna6 That doesn't even work on me because I won't spend on diamonds with how expensive it is and I don't think the diamond boxes are worth it with the way things work.Ā 
    Platform: Android

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] 0 Posts
    edited April 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    How else is braided hair supposed to look? I'm sorry but my hair has been braided since I was probably 2 or younger and it's always looked like that. Heck, I have my hair braided with platinum blonde hair and it looks like that. This is literally what happens. It won't look natural or blended in. It's straight up a normal effect.
  • Options
    stepht500stepht500 Registered Users, Member 244 Posts
    stepht500 said:
    Ā  Ā It looks like flies in her hair šŸ˜« now I canā€™t unsee it.Ā 

Girl this is not it. I doubt you meant it to be interpreted this way, but it's incredibly offensive and racist to say a black woman's hairstyle looks like BUGS. So distasteful and not needed. Just say you'll skip on it and move on.
    I absolutely had no malicious intent. And I was most definitely not trying to be racist. Sorry if thatā€™s the way it came across dolls!šŸ’›
  • Options
    aloalo Registered Users, Member 817 Posts
    stepht500 said:
    stepht500 said:
    Ā  Ā It looks like flies in her hair šŸ˜« now I canā€™t unsee it.Ā 

Girl this is not it. I doubt you meant it to be interpreted this way, but it's incredibly offensive and racist to say a black woman's hairstyle looks like BUGS. So distasteful and not needed. Just say you'll skip on it and move on.
    I absolutely had no malicious intent. And I was most definitely not trying to be racist. Sorry if thatā€™s the way it came across dolls!šŸ’›
    next time just keep it to yourself, respectfully :)Ā 
    ios dollĀ ā™”
    19 ā™Šļø Texas ā˜€ļø
    šŸ‡²šŸ‡½šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø
  • Options
    pukaakkhpukaakkh Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    JaelynJax said:

This hair is horrible. I said it for those thinking it. She look like she has bugs in her hair.Ā 
    Why aint anyone pressed about this??Ā 
  • Options
    madeelinemadeeline Registered Users, Member 230 Posts
    The earnable hair would be great for summery duets... Pair it with some sunnies and it's good to go šŸŒž
  • Options
    IridescenceIridescence Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    edited April 2022
    I hope they introduce eyes with graphic neon eyeliner ...I mean that would be really helpful when there is a tb on neon party/alien/robots and glow in the dark hair.
  • Options
    dinoqueen9dinoqueen9 Registered Users, Member 1,351 Posts
    I honestly really want to see how dolls style the earnable hair, after looking at the spoilers I really think the clash between the orange and the white/green mesh outfit is what made me write it off. I hated the scorpio sys earnable hair when it came out bc it clashed so badly with the dress, but I loved how dolls styled it and I think the same will happen here.
  • Options
    KKHBrisaKKHBrisa Registered Users, Member 286 Posts
    I'm glad they are trying to be more inclusive, but I still don't like the hair. They've done pretty braids before and I've purchased them. I'm happy for those that do like it though.Ā 
  • Options
    Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    I appreciated reading this little nugget about the hair on reddit, I learned something new, so i thought id share for others who may have also been confused :)
  • Options
    NikarafNikaraf Registered Users, Member 1,994 Posts
    Please be more considerate when commenting on poc hair if you arenā€™t a poc. I personally think the hair is very pretty and it will look great on black dolls šŸ’“ and it will be very useful for them during summer sys.Ā 
    Been actively playing since October 2020.Ā 
    IOS free player / level 42
    Be kind to others šŸ¤
  • Options
    BriannakkhBriannakkh Registered Users, Member 1,379 Posts
    I donā€™t think that anyone compared upcoming vip event hair with real-in life hairā€¦ You all just trying to make some drama out of nowhere
  • Options
    I donā€™t think that anyone compared upcoming vip event hair with real-in life hairā€¦ You all just trying to make some drama out of nowhere
    People were upset about how the hair looked bc of how the roots were showing, y'know, something that happens pretty much every single time you don't match the braiding hair with your own natural hair. People were upset about the length and rather than wait and see how it looks in their game (bc the picture looks pretty blurry to me) they started making unnecessary comments about it w/o thinking how it may come across. If this bothers you so much that you don't see the problem why not simply stay out of it? Especially considering how the comments are still up for everyone to see?
  • Options
    KkhElena said:
    People were upset about how the hair looked bc of how the roots were showing, y'know, something that happens pretty much every single time you don't match the braiding hair with your own natural hair. People were upset about the length and rather than wait and see how it looks in their game (bc the picture looks pretty blurry to me) they started making unnecessary comments about it w/o thinking how it may come across. If this bothers you so much that you don't see the problem why not simply stay out of it? Especially considering how the comments are still up for everyone to see?
    Why donā€™t you apply the same rule to yourself?Ā 
    All Iā€™m saying very often in game hair,clothes, shoes and etc. does not represent how it looks in real life accurately. You all are fighting over a painted brown spots on the top of painted doll head. If somebody points out that they donā€™t like it (as long as they respectful about it) nobody should attack them for it no matter their race or where are they from.

• Options
    KkhElena said:
    Why donā€™t you apply the same rule to yourself?Ā 
    All Iā€™m saying very often in game hair,clothes, shoes and etc. does not represent how it looks in real life accurately. You all are fighting over a painted brown spots on the top of painted doll head. If somebody points out that they donā€™t like it (as long as they respectful about it) nobody should attack them for it no matter their race or where are they from.

Literally no one was respectful about it? Nor did they seem to be aware it's a normal feature when braiding the hair? I can completely understand that you could easily give 2 f about how this looks like bc it's not part of your culture but to pretend anyone in here was even in the slightest respectful about it and then have attitude with the ones pointing the irony in all of this? Again, since this doesn't affect you that much, why not simply ignore it since you don't care?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] 0 Posts
    edited April 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    justannajustanna Registered Users, Member 693 Posts
    Maze_KKH said:

I think this is what Glu was going for with the hair but Iā€™m not sure how well it was really executed
    Whoah well this is gorgeous! If it looked like this, Iā€™d have gotten it for my bestie for duets, she has too few hairstyles, but the way itā€™s drawn doesnā€™t quite do it justice imo. It should curl outside a bit I think - just like the real thing, rather than just fall straight, and the little lemon beads would have been such a cute detail tying the entire set together.
  • Options
    This would be my last message regarding this but just to point out this is not the real world, itā€™s a gameā€¦ Itā€™s not that anyone had a problem with this hairstyle in a real life. Also all you can see is my dolls avatar so donā€™t let the blond hair trick you about my race, roots or who my parents are all right ;) Itā€™s funny how we can assume that this doesnā€™t affect me. Have a lovely day xĀ 
  • Options
    Anissa722Anissa722 Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    This would be my last message regarding this but just to point out this is not the real world, itā€™s a gameā€¦ Itā€™s not that anyone had a problem with this hairstyle in a real life. Also all you can see is my dolls avatar so donā€™t let the blond hair trick you about my race, roots or who my parents are all right ;) Itā€™s funny how we can assume that this doesnā€™t affect me. Have a lovely day xĀ 
    Iā€™m glad this will be your last comment about this. Every time you post on the topic you contradict yourself. As you stated this is a game so I doubt anyone cares who you or your parents are in real life. The hair is a representation of a real hairstyle that us black dolls wear in real life and if we want to defend the hair that we actually wear thereā€™s no problem with it. Literally no one is fighting but you lol.Ā 
  • Options
    A. From how you talked and how much it bothered you, didn't seem like it affected you and B. People were making comments about an actual feature that happens everytime you don't braid with your natural hair and making nasty comments about it. I don't care if you're a person of color making said comments yourself since it's been proved from time and time again that colorism and ignorance can happen to anyone however acting as if people were keeping it respectful and giving actual helpful feedback is what ticks me bc this is not what was happening. It being a game doesn't excuse the words and ignorance that were shown here and I'm tired of hearing this excuse whenever someone points out the ignorance in here.
  • Options
    LachimolalaLachimolala Registered Users, Member 964 Posts
    Maze_KKH said:

I think this is what Glu was going for with the hair but Iā€™m not sure how well it was really executed
    May I just say, this is gorgeous and looks absolutely nothing with the hair glu made. The only thing that matches is the color.
  • Options
    jlr224jlr224 Registered Users, Member 674 Posts
    What are thoooooooose?
  • Options
    SalinaB11SalinaB11 Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    edited April 2022
    Onika222 said:
    I didn't wanna comment here anymore bc of all the comments and how uncomfortable they made me feel but this is how the hair looks in game. It's normal. Not every bob will have a curve or be accessorized. The only thing that makes it stand out is the neon color vs the natural hair color and even then, this has been done hundreds and millions of times by several different people
    Your doll looks STUNNING with the earnable hairstyle! ā˜ŗļø
  • Options
    NikarafNikaraf Registered Users, Member 1,994 Posts
    jlr224 said:
    What are thoooooooose?

They actually look like this.Ā 
    Been actively playing since October 2020.Ā 
    IOS free player / level 42
    Be kind to others šŸ¤