🎆✨KK:H v13.1 Update - Wedding Season!🎆✨

Comments

• eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 399 Posts
    LottieW29 said:
    Just an FYI -- the Ombre Lip was indeed changed for 13.1.0. The ability to select finishes remains, and now within the center of the lip there is a slight pink hue. The icon was adjusted to reflect this (it was too pink on the old versions anyway). We did a lot of testing on this and this was the closest we could get to the look of the lip from before 13.0.0 across all the lip colours. Keep in mind in 13.0.0 the new system changed the way colours are rendered so we had to find a solution that seemed to best match the old versions _across all colours_, not just specific colours.
    Hi @eggsandbananas
    First thanks for keeping us updated and your work on this. I appreciate you have said the way colours render has changed so that's why the old version doesn't exist and you can't get an exact match. 
    I would say for me it's the placement, I'm sure it hasn't changed but as the ombré is now darker it's more noticable. The whole top lip seems to have the darker hue so you don't have the lighter edge which is why for me it feels a lot less wearable in lighter colours. If you look at the below this hopefully illustrates it wasn't as noticable before maybe as it wasn't as detailed it apperared to blend better, now the darker portion is clearer. I think the bottom lip is great now,  it is the ombré lip as intended, but the top lip doesn't have the lighter edge so just looks like we have a dark shade top lip and lighter bottom. 
    Apologies for the poor quality screen shots, I didn't have a good before picture. 

Did you play with having the lip liner option on or off to see if it improves the look of the lip a bit?
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • carramen_carramen_ Registered Users, Member 562 Posts

Really late to this discussion but i got the diamond booster. I've never bought anything from the game and I don't plan to. I wonder why not announce that this will be a new feature two updates in advance to see if players would be willing to use it instead of giving it to select players (like me) who don't plan on buying it at all.
    ♡ android ♡ daily player ♡ 
    #FixTheWine
  • KortyKorty Registered Users 360 Posts
    alo said:
    i dont think it has anything to do wether u been playing the game longer or earlier, or if u buy TT, diamonds, or kstars. Glu probably randomly choose random people to play around with it, and to get their feedback and from there they might release it to everyone
    Yes, I know that the players were randomly selected, but I was venting because my game has never been selected, in 8 years, for any special feature 😤 
    Daily iOS player since July 2014
    From Italy 🇮🇹🍕🍝
  • raysmiaraysmia Registered Users, Member 18 Posts

I no longer have the option of buying this hair dye post-update. What happened? Should I message customer service? 
  • LottieW29LottieW29 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    LottieW29 said:
    Just an FYI -- the Ombre Lip was indeed changed for 13.1.0. The ability to select finishes remains, and now within the center of the lip there is a slight pink hue. The icon was adjusted to reflect this (it was too pink on the old versions anyway). We did a lot of testing on this and this was the closest we could get to the look of the lip from before 13.0.0 across all the lip colours. Keep in mind in 13.0.0 the new system changed the way colours are rendered so we had to find a solution that seemed to best match the old versions _across all colours_, not just specific colours.
    Hi @eggsandbananas
    First thanks for keeping us updated and your work on this. I appreciate you have said the way colours render has changed so that's why the old version doesn't exist and you can't get an exact match. 
    I would say for me it's the placement, I'm sure it hasn't changed but as the ombré is now darker it's more noticable. The whole top lip seems to have the darker hue so you don't have the lighter edge which is why for me it feels a lot less wearable in lighter colours. If you look at the below this hopefully illustrates it wasn't as noticable before maybe as it wasn't as detailed it apperared to blend better, now the darker portion is clearer. I think the bottom lip is great now,  it is the ombré lip as intended, but the top lip doesn't have the lighter edge so just looks like we have a dark shade top lip and lighter bottom. 
    Apologies for the poor quality screen shots, I didn't have a good before picture. 

Did you play with having the lip liner option on or off to see if it improves the look of the lip a bit?

That waa with the liner off, top picture, it's even worse with the liner on bottom picture. Atleast I assume the right box is off as you can't not have one of them selected. 
  • aloalo Registered Users, Member 817 Posts
    edited July 2022
    raysmia said:

I no longer have the option of buying this hair dye post-update. What happened? Should I message customer service? 
    that hair color never was on-sale, all i remember u could get it off GB from TB SYS
    ios doll ♡
    19 ♊️ Texas ☀️
    🇲🇽🇺🇸
    carramen_ said:

Really late to this discussion but i got the diamond booster. I've never bought anything from the game and I don't plan to. I wonder why not announce that this will be a new feature two updates in advance to see if players would be willing to use it instead of giving it to select players (like me) who don't plan on buying it at all.
    Just to add on to what I said here, Wouldn't a survey be another good way to see if players would want something like this? Another thing to add, why aren't surveys available for all players?  Is it limited to longer playing accounts? Country based?

Surveys are the best way for players to give feedback on this kind of thing, but only a select few people get them and sometimes they might misclick and lose the chance to do the survey at all. Can't the official KK:H accounts across social media just announce whenever there is a survey and have the corresponding link in the post so it's accessible to everyone?
    #FixTheWine
  • JadeLaMunecaJadeLaMuneca Registered Users, Member 730 Posts
    I don't know if this will help with the ombre lip saga but I put together some pictures 
    Picture 1 is the ombre lips before the 13.0 update
    Picture 2 is them after the 13.1 update with no lip liner
    Picture 3 is after the 13.1 update with lip liner

It seems that the lip liner makes them look the most like how they originally were but it also darkens the pink part of the lip. 
  • LottieW29LottieW29 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    carramen_ said:
    carramen_ said:

Just to add on to what I said here, Wouldn't a survey be another good way to see if players would want something like this? Another thing to add, why aren't surveys available for all players?  Is it limited to longer playing accounts? Country based?

Surveys are the best way for players to give feedback on this kind of thing, but only a select few people get them and sometimes they might misclick and lose the chance to do the survey at all. Can't the official KK:H accounts across social media just announce whenever there is a survey and have the corresponding link in the post so it's accessible to everyone?
    I expect it's not just that they are looking for whether people will buy it but how it impacts them buying other things. It would explain the cross section, does people who wouldn't buy diamond packs buying this make up for the drop in diamond packs spenders wouldn't need to buy because they buy this instead. If it results in less revenue even if more people buy it it's unlikely they would roll it out because it's a business with stakeholders it has to keep happy. 
    @eggsandbananas
    Also sometimes when I open the game they glitch to this milk moustache look 

LMFAOO that happened to me yesterday and i got scared like wtf is that 😭

ios doll ♡
    19 ♊️ Texas ☀️
    🇲🇽🇺🇸
  • fallonfallon Registered Users, Member 569 Posts
    why when you change the name now it doesn't change the name in sys? 

I changed my doll's name and it's still the old one in sys ranking 
    English is not my first language 🇧🇷
    Android, add me: 

https://www.facebook.com/fallonsalvatorekkh
    Instagram: @fallonkkh
    fallon said:

it has always been like that, its weird

they gotta fix that 
    ios doll ♡
    19 ♊️ Texas ☀️
    🇲🇽🇺🇸
  • shankkhshankkh Registered Users, Member 1,094 Posts
    alo said:
    fallon said:

it has always been like that, its weird

they gotta fix that 
    When you change your name during a SYS, it stays the same for that one but it changes in the next one 🤍
    IOS Daily Player📱🇺🇸
    A +++ List 🤩 Level 49

• ShellydaliieShellydaliie Registered Users, Member 1,064 Posts
    fallon said:

It will change eventually (should) but it won't change immediately. When I changed my dolls name it took a bit (can't remember how long) of time to change but def by the next sys, it was corrected.
    LottieW29 said:
    carramen_ said:
    carramen_ said:

I expect it's not just that they are looking for whether people will buy it but how it impacts them buying other things. It would explain the cross section, does people who wouldn't buy diamond packs buying this make up for the drop in diamond packs spenders wouldn't need to buy because they buy this instead. If it results in less revenue even if more people buy it it's unlikely they would roll it out because it's a business with stakeholders it has to keep happy. 
    True, I didn't think about that part. I'm not very business savvy💀 but I would still like the opportunity for everyone to be able to do the surveys.
    #FixTheWine
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    I think I had the milk moustache glitch but didn't notice the moustache. I just noticed my doll didn't have the ombre lips but they were there when I opened the closet. 
    Platform: Android

• eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 399 Posts
    I don't know if this will help with the ombre lip saga but I put together some pictures 

It seems that the lip liner makes them look the most like how they originally were but it also darkens the pink part of the lip. 
    Okay, thanks for this info. On our end, to test whether or not the lip is "as close as possible" to the pre-13.0.0 update, we had to test a range of colours (light, med, dark), in combination with a range of skintones as well (light, med, dark). This was the lip we landed on which we felt was the most accurate to pre-13.0.0 behaviour across all skintones and lip colours. There was a larger-than-usual effort and focus on DE&I for the updates to the customizations in 13.0.0 due to their content (ie. skin colours) and one of our guiding principles was that customizations should look great across the full range of skintones.

As such, it might be that for some combinations of skintones and lip colours, it won't match the old behaviour exactly, but going forward we will hopefully avoid these types of issues because we'll be designing the new items with the new rendering system in place.

Also, FYI -- the lip outline in the new update (13.0.0+) is actually based on a blend of the lipcolour and skintone colour. I think it used to be a set colour. This change was also done so that lips would look more natural across the full range of skintones, which is why it might look a little different for some dolls.

Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • AgaReusAgaReus Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    Well, I didn’t get the diamond booster and it’s a shame, because I would definitely purchase it if such opportunity was offered to me, especially that it’s honestly difficult to gain diamonds (and you lose them easily as most of the things are pretty expensive). I personally don’t understand why only selected players can get a chance of buying it as it shouldn’t matter if you spend real money in the game or not. It should be a choice for everyone to make. We should all be treated equally, it’s not that hard. I’m disappointed. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Okay, thanks for this info. On our end, to test whether or not the lip is "as close as possible" to the pre-13.0.0 update, we had to test a range of colours (light, med, dark), in combination with a range of skintones as well (light, med, dark). This was the lip we landed on which we felt was the most accurate to pre-13.0.0 behaviour across all skintones and lip colours. There was a larger-than-usual effort and focus on DE&I for the updates to the customizations in 13.0.0 due to their content (ie. skin colours) and one of our guiding principles was that customizations should look great across the full range of skintones.

As such, it might be that for some combinations of skintones and lip colours, it won't match the old behaviour exactly, but going forward we will hopefully avoid these types of issues because we'll be designing the new items with the new rendering system in place.

Also, FYI -- the lip outline in the new update (13.0.0+) is actually based on a blend of the lipcolour and skintone colour. I think it used to be a set colour. This change was also done so that lips would look more natural across the full range of skintones, which is why it might look a little different for some dolls.

thanks for all this information! :)
    ios doll ♡
    19 ♊️ Texas ☀️
    🇲🇽🇺🇸
  • alvaasalvaas Registered Users, Member 388 Posts
    @KalindaKing Do we have to collect these within 30 days or will they stay (like of you don’t open the squadboxes)? 
  • SavSav Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Sooo when do we get the daily diamond if we purchased the diamond box? Still have yet to see it come through my mailbox….. 
  • georgiapkkhgeorgiapkkh Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Stay tuned for another gift this weekend! Get FREE energy from Simon to help you film reality shows!
    Is the event Reality Shows or Professional? The thread says professional but then Kalinda has said to film reality shows? 
  • maggieymaggiey Registered Users, Member 985 Posts
    edited July 2022
    Sav said:
    Sooo when do we get the daily diamond if we purchased the diamond box? Still have yet to see it come through my mailbox….. 
    I think it goes by when you purchased it. I got my daily diamond in the mailbox 24hrs after I made the purchase yesterday
  • dinoqueen9dinoqueen9 Registered Users, Member 1,351 Posts
    Stay tuned for another gift this weekend! Get FREE energy from Simon to help you film reality shows!
    Is the event Reality Shows or Professional? The thread says professional but then Kalinda has said to film reality shows? 
    Maybe it’s just bc most people do reality shows to complete professional events anyway? idk it’s confusing

sorry if this makes no sense I’m sick with a fever and took a minute to remember that reality shows aren’t parties so I’m definitely not a source of truth rn lmao
  • BenedettaKKHBenedettaKKH Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    edited July 2022
    I got diamond doll booster yesterday, but saved bc I wanted to buy it today…. And it disappeared 

I’m so mad right now 

edit: by yesterday I mean like 10 hours ago 
  • lilelfearslilelfears Registered Users, Member 238 Posts
    I got diamond doll booster yesterday, but saved bc I wanted to buy it today…. And it disappeared 

I’m so mad right now 

edit: by yesterday I mean like 10 hours ago 
    same here!! i’m so disappointed
  • kkh_claricekkh_clarice Registered Users, Member 1,201 Posts
    edited July 2022

I don't want to sound boring but one thing that bothers me about the lips right now is that the ombré is practically gone. Like in the first image you can see a darker tone, in the middle a less dark one and then the highlight on top.
    Now the lips mixes the tones and has this dramatic effect, idk how to explain...

she/her | android player 🌼 english isn't my first language