🗳️ ❤️ KK:H Weekend 7/28/22 - SYS & Dating Weekend! ❤️ 🗳️

Comments

• Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    edited July 2022
    I just don't think there's a majority vs minority opinion among poc opinions. If one poc is uncomfortable but the majority of poc aren't I think it's a pretty small ask to not be changing skin colors within a sys to score better- I think that's the part some people raising issue with.

It's also just a game to me so I don't really care what people do and focus on my own game, and I don't treat my doll as an extension of myself. But because it's also a game to me im happy to do what helps everyone feel comfortable cause it's such a small ask. Especially knowing players are from around the world so it adds to everyone having different lived experiences beyond just/in addition to their skin color.
    For reference I am also poc (but it shouldn't matter)

Just think that's the easiest way to make sure no one's feelings are invalidated. I don't see a reason to hurt others feelings over a game bc again it's not real life and reality can be so much harder to cope with already, no need to add it to within a game that may be ppls escape from reality 💕 
  • AmoraAmora Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    haylow71 said:
    Correct me if I’m wrong but can you change your skin color in real life? Even if you could would you be able to handle the racism etc that we get on a daily basis just because of our skin? 
    I am literally black and again this is not real life and no one is oppressing you in the game like WE are oppressed in real life. I’ve played games and been called slurs all my life. This is not on that level.
  • sashaactivesashaactive Registered Users, Member 255 Posts
    edited July 2022
    Theres more than enough racism in the real world without bringing it into a fantasy. These dolls arent facing any injustice or inequality 😆. The subject is tired. For some they might check this app first thing in the morning and nobody wants to start their day off with the conversation of racism and why someone chose to dress a black DOLL.
  • haylow71haylow71 Registered Users, Member 248 Posts
    Amora said:
    haylow71 said:
    Correct me if I’m wrong but can you change your skin color in real life? Even if you could would you be able to handle the racism etc that we get on a daily basis just because of our skin? 
    I am literally black and again this is not real life and no one is oppressing you in the game like WE are oppressed in real life. I’ve played games and been called slurs all my life. This is not on that level.
    Well since you’re black then you should know the history and know why we get upset. 
  • tortortortor Registered Users, Member 927 Posts
    Reina12 said:
    I just don't think there's a majority vs minority opinion among poc opinions. If one poc is uncomfortable but the majority of poc aren't I think it's a pretty small ask to not be changing skin colors within a sys to score better- I think that's the part some people are having a problem with.

It's also just a game to me so I don't really care what people do and focus on my own game, and I don't treat my doll as an extension of myself. But because it's also a game to me im happy to do what helps everyone feel comfortable cause it's such a small ask. Especially knowing players are from around the world so it adds to everyone having different lived experiences beyond just/in addition to their skin color.

Just think that's the easiest way to make sure no one's feelings are invalidated. I don't see a reason to hurt others feelings over a game bc again it's not real life and reality can be so much harder to cope with already, no need to add it to within a game that may be ppls escape from reality 💕 
    I think the problem with this ask is there are  a lot of mixed race people in the world that play this game. And they might use different features at different times to represent different aspects of their heritage and then they are attacked and demanded to prove that they are allowed to use those features. These people face the problems of not fitting really into either community IRL

We don’t know who is on the other side of the game, but i don’t think we have any rights to demand anyone prove that they are allowed to use something they earned in the game. 
  • AmoraAmora Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    What upsets me is the N word and seeing racial injustices happening all around me in the real world. I just don’t feel offended if a Caucasian person were to dress up a virtual black doll. It feels like it should be wrong but it isn’t to me. This world is tough man and sometimes everything feels like a personal attack but sometimes it’s not. I think it’s best for GLU to release an official statement of how they’d like the game to be played to settle this because this is a war zone rn.😞
  • Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    tortor said:
    Reina12 said:
    I just don't think there's a majority vs minority opinion among poc opinions. If one poc is uncomfortable but the majority of poc aren't I think it's a pretty small ask to not be changing skin colors within a sys to score better- I think that's the part some people are having a problem with.

I think the problem with this ask is there are  a lot of mixed race people in the world that play this game. And they might use different features at different times to represent different aspects of their heritage and then they are attacked and demanded to prove that they are allowed to use those features. These people face the problems of not fitting really into either community IRL

We don’t know who is on the other side of the game, but i don’t think we have any rights to demand anyone prove that they are allowed to use something they earned in the game. 
    No you bring up a good point in your first paragraph - thanks for addressing it so politely 👍🏽 I am not mixed race so it's true that I don't have to worry about this. I just play my game in a way that won't offend people and I think others who aren't mixed race could also do that if it helps even just a small handful of other people have an easier day.
  • LachimolalaLachimolala Registered Users, Member 964 Posts
    🙄🙄🙄🙄
  • GemmaKKHGemmaKKH Registered Users, Member 274 Posts
    edited July 2022
    I have never wanted to be disrespectful to anyone on this platform… What i did was wrong and like i said i’ll stop doing that. I just really like to customize different dolls and make a friendgroup in the game like that. But i hear you guys and i’ll stop doing that and just stick with my own doll and think about my actions and what i did… I’ll continue playing my game and try to not offend anyone when i post on this platform.. its was really not with bad intentions, i just like creating dolls.. Im sorry for it 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Please remember to be respectful when posting and keep conversation about the game. We’re reviewing posts that go against the rules. Thanks for understanding.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited July 2022
    A few amazing looks I spotted this SYS including @peachypink and I think Diana (not sure what her handle is) 

• DiaanaDiaana Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited July 2022
    tortor said:
    A few amazing looks I spotted this SYS including @peachypink and I think Diana (not sure what her handle is) 

I wasn't that creative with my username here 😂
    Not my doll though, another twin 👯‍♀️
    •android
    •🇪🇪
  • AnjakkhAnjakkh Registered Users, Member 1,290 Posts
    With @kkhjulia ☀️
    So stunning! I loveeee it 😍
    My doll’s name is Anja✨
    Daily player from Serbia 🇷🇸 ~iOS
    English isn’t my first language
    edited July 2022
    tortor said:

3rd doll in the second row is me,thank you for spotting me 💕💕

My doll’s name is Anja✨
    Anjakkh said:
    tortor said:

3rd doll in the second row is me,thank you for spotting me 💕💕

I thought it was you but I wasn’t sure because that’s not your usual eyes. Cant believe I was right lol
  • LachimolalaLachimolala Registered Users, Member 964 Posts
    @Anjakkh thank you!💜
  • QueenMellaQueenMella Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Please remember to be respectful when posting and keep conversation about the game. We’re reviewing posts that go against the rules. Thanks for understanding.
    No offense but there are users who straight up bully other dolls while calling them out in public all the time and nobody is doing anything about it, not a single one of them have ever been deleted.

It start to feel like if you are a 'famous forum doll' you get the ability to do and say whatever you want.

THIS is something the forum should start to look into.
    Doll name: Mellanie
  • sashaactivesashaactive Registered Users, Member 255 Posts
    Final 2 Looks 

My looks

My doll’s name is Anja✨
  • Ash_KKHAsh_KKH Registered Users, Member 138 Posts
    This. This right here is why many of us need to learn the art of private messaging. Don’t broadcast dirty laundry for the whole forum to see and expect it to turn out any differently than it did today 😮‍💨 lordy, have a meaningful conversation in private and clear sh*t up before people even get the chance to add their two cents  
    ♡ Level 61 and counting ♡
    ♡ On/off player since 2014 ♡
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” - Anonymous  
  • Onika222Onika222 Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    I've always tried to talk to others the same way i want to be talked to if i ever got the chance to because of how ugly it could easily turn and to have several poc disrespecting me and saying all this sh*t makes me not want to ever come back here. I have a lot of patience when it comes to others but THIS was the final nail in the coffin. I did not call you names nor did i use any slur towards any of you to receive this response to a comment pointing out the obvious. Wanna play the victim? Do it. Wanna use some weird a*s excuse for the things that were said here today and yesterday? Do it. I am so effing tired of having to be respectful while only getting this triggering responses back. It's a literal sunday night and I'm shaking while in my bed writing this because i did not agree with the majority of the people in here and i know that this is gonna be such a funny haha satisfactory moment for plenty of you so I'll leave this here and never even bother coming here again.
    If you see a problematic post please send me the link and we can check it out.   there are not special rules for selection people. Send me a private message and I'll check it out.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,867 Posts
    edited July 2022
    11-17 💗
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
    Please stay on topic and be respectful of other players.  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • carramen_carramen_ Registered Users, Member 562 Posts
    ArianeMB said:
    Hi! In light of the recent events on the forum, a particular question has popped into my mind and I feel it would be pertinent to the situation to answer it (but in no way am I trying to take away the spotlight of the main problem so you can ignore this message if you wish to).

I do not use dolls with a skin color different than mine (I keep my doll's skin white at all time) since some poc dolls have repeatedly said it makes them uncomfortable. I was just wondering if the same rule applies to gender as there is a systemic difference in the way men and women are treated and the way they deal with oppression.

Here is my question: I am non binary and I was wondering if I were to restart the game should I pick a male or female doll? I'm not sure how I should conform to reality in that case so it would be wonderful if a woman could tell me their perspective on the matter. 

I do not mean to be disrespectful to anyone so don't hesitate to tell me if you fell uncomfortable, but keep in mind that I will actively be ignoring and reporting transphobic answers.
    I believe, as you are non binary, that you can do whatever you want with your doll. You could play as a male or female if you want to. As many have already said, this is nothing but a mobile game.

I could be a female irl and play as a male doll because I like the items and want to style them. I could be a male irl and play with a female doll because the female dolls have more items and prizes than the men do. At the end of the day, its a fashion dress up game. You should be able to play however you want to, as long as you're being respectful towards others and have no ill intentions to purposely disrespect others.
    ♡ android ♡ daily player ♡ 
    #FixTheWine
  • alvaasalvaas Registered Users, Member 388 Posts

Finally done😴
  • ArianeMBArianeMB Registered Users, Member 146 Posts
    carramen_ said:
    ArianeMB said:
    Hi! In light of the recent events on the forum, a particular question has popped into my mind and I feel it would be pertinent to the situation to answer it (but in no way am I trying to take away the spotlight of the main problem so you can ignore this message if you wish to).

I do not use dolls with a skin color different than mine (I keep my doll's skin white at all time) since some poc dolls have repeatedly said it makes them uncomfortable. I was just wondering if the same rule applies to gender as there is a systemic difference in the way men and women are treated and the way they deal with oppression.

Here is my question: I am non binary and I was wondering if I were to restart the game should I pick a male or female doll? I'm not sure how I should conform to reality in that case so it would be wonderful if a woman could tell me their perspective on the matter. 

I do not mean to be disrespectful to anyone so don't hesitate to tell me if you fell uncomfortable, but keep in mind that I will actively be ignoring and reporting transphobic answers.
    I believe, as you are non binary, that you can do whatever you want with your doll. You could play as a male or female if you want to. As many have already said, this is nothing but a mobile game.

I could be a female irl and play as a male doll because I like the items and want to style them. I could be a male irl and play with a female doll because the female dolls have more items and prizes than the men do. At the end of the day, its a fashion dress up game. You should be able to play however you want to, as long as you're being respectful towards others and have no ill intentions to purposely disrespect others.
    Ty for answering even if Glu deleted my message!!
    They/them please
  • vaellerieevaelleriee Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Dating events used to be one of the easiest. Now I can’t even finish it. #fixthewine