🎆✨KK:H v13.1 Update - Wedding Season!🎆✨

Comments

• pizzagurlyumpizzagurlyum Registered Users, Member 670 Posts
    Are we going to get the new update thread soon? I'm excited for something new 🥺💖
  • Reina12Reina12 Registered Users, Member 1,088 Posts
    If you have too many storyline outfits saved does it interfere w getting Maria's Lux Goals? Sorry I wasn't sure where to ask this 
  • dinoqueen9dinoqueen9 Registered Users, Member 1,351 Posts
    Reina12 said:
    If you have too many storyline outfits saved does it interfere w getting Maria's Lux Goals? Sorry I wasn't sure where to ask this 
    Unfortunately yes 😭
    Reina12 said:
    Unfortunately yes 😭
    🥲 okay thanks 
    Are we going to get the new update thread soon? I'm excited for something new 🥺💖
    We still have 2 more weeks of this one 🤣 I also thought it was time for the next one, a little bored of this update 
    MikiMinaj said:
    Once again asking to categorize our closet! We need a search button! Closet gets too big even with putting items we don’t like in the bel-air home! Let us organize our closets by theme, color, length..etc!
    At the VERY least can dresses be categorized into long vs short 😭 our pants and shirts are categorized like this. It's too hard to find my swimwear in this mess 
  • b4tgirlb4tgirl Registered Users, Member 201 Posts
    Pls can there be a way to get rid of items? Other than the closet storage like maybe selling or something so that I won't have the ítem at all anymore
    Reina12 said:
    We still have 2 more weeks of this one 🤣 I also thought it was time for the next one, a little bored of this update 
    Me too 😭😭 wait does this update last longer than others ? This weekend should be VIP right? We usually have a new update after VIP event. Or maybe I miscalculated ...🤔🥲
    Reina12 said:
    Me too 😭😭 wait does this update last longer than others ? This weekend should be VIP right? We usually have a new update after VIP event. Or maybe I miscalculated ...🤔🥲
    We have VIP then professional weekend with this current theme. Maybe we get the update while the current theme finishes up, I forget, but there's 2 more sys weekends on this current theme is what I meant
    @Reina12 makes sense now. Thanks for telling me! I thought it was going to be another update that lasts longer like the one we had a few months ago
  • KkhAngelicaKkhAngelica Registered Users, Member 6,867 Posts
    Glu needs to turn the babies into toddlers NOW. This is so cute omg 😭😍
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    Add me on Facebook IOS only please: https://www.facebook.com/AngelicaKKH29
  • jasminnlgjasminnlg Registered Users, Member 326 Posts
    edited August 2022
    Seriously @KkhAngelica 🥰🥺 and update their closets as well! @KalindaKing
    edited August 2022
    Hey so I have a question.. I’m guessing we’ll be getting this outfit soon but I wanted to ask if it was ok for me to wear the dress? It’s a sari, and I’m American/Latina so would it be ok for my doll to wear it? Also it’s really cute! 😍
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
  • kaybeekaybee Registered Users, Member 188 Posts

there are still 9 outfits that kalinda shared with us and i feel like there’s not enough time ? does that mean some of them actually will not be on the update ? 

• spoiled_bratspoiled_brat Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Hey so I have a question.. I’m guessing we’ll be getting this outfit soon but I wanted to ask if it was ok for me to wear the dress? It’s a sari, and I’m American/Latina so would it be ok for my doll to wear it? Also it’s really cute! 😍
    Coming from an indian , you can't wear a sari because it is a cultural appropriation.
  • medsmeds Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    kaybee said:

there are still 9 outfits that kalinda shared with us and i feel like there’s not enough time ? does that mean some of them actually will not be on the update ? 

2 more weeks ahead, 2 sys, 2 weekend events, new k-stars collection, 2 diamond boxes and new fashion goal I'm sure. So I think we’ll get all☺️
  • justannajustanna Registered Users, Member 693 Posts
    Coming from an indian , you can't wear a sari because it is a cultural appropriation.
    Knowing Glu, they can well make the eyes the last item so that everyone has to collect the rest of the items, whether they can wear them or not 😭 Such a pity I don’t have a single Indian NPC friend I can use this for…
  • spoiled_bratspoiled_brat Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    justanna said:
    Knowing Glu, they can well make the eyes the last item so that everyone has to collect the rest of the items, whether they can wear them or not 😭 Such a pity I don’t have a single Indian NPC friend I can use this for…
    I think the order might be eyes, sari and then hair. Glu always make the hair as the last earnable item. 
    @spoiled_brat ok tysm for letting me know 💜
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
    @KkhAngelica I would think it's okay. I've taken my non Indian friends to Indian events with me and dressed them in Indian clothes. We dress our non Indian friends in Indian clothing during our weddings! I see it as cultural appropriation if it's used inappropriately eg in a costume sys, but if it was for a wedding or gala/red carpet theme (which is inspo for the look!) it's totally fine imo. I love that they added a sari to the game!

KkhAngelica said:

@Reina12 really? Thank you letting me know. I won’t wear it tho, in case but the sari is gorgeous 💜
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
  • JeffreeStarJeffreeStar Registered Users, Member 555 Posts
    As silly as this may sound, I never understood what cultural appropriation genuinely means. I don't want to be ignorant, but seeing so many totally different opinions and comments on this topic everywhere didn't help me see what's factual information and What's just pushing races away from each other.

Someone told me once that listening to rap music by black artists is disrespectful, eating Chinese food should be done just by Chinese etc. This game always had discussions about how some certain hairstyles should be worn by black dolls(which sounds fine by me and logic), but not have a black doll because I'm white 🤔 I'm sure there was someone one day who called out a user for having a Muslim doll or something.

I like taking photos of my avatar next to the avatar of a friend who's Muslim 

So after all... What should I do? Stay away from anything that has to do with other people's culture? Or enjoy with them?
    edited August 2022
    Cultural appropriation is inappropriately taking aspects of one culture and placing it in a new setting thats out of context: think use of poc hair by non poc people, people who aren't native american wearing traditional native American garb on halloween, wearing bindis at music festivals as some real life examples.... Skin color isn't cultural and a different issue. I don't know who told you you can't eat Chinese food or listen to rap music by black artists?! I find that to be cultural appreciation. Don't try to dress up as your favorite black rap artist maybe
    edited August 2022
    KKH_Sara said:
    I strongly disagree with the above user who said it’s not okay. As an Indian person, very literally every single Indian friend/family member I have has at one point gifted some traditional clothing to a non-Desi person. We absolutely love sharing our culture as long as it’s appreciated and done respectfully. I’d be really sad if this item was only worn by a few dolls for fear of cultural appropriation — it’s not as if it’s a significant sari used only for special occasions or something, it’s just clothing.
    I know. I have the same experiences as you, also as an indian person. I had the same thought about the beautiful sari not being used in the game :( and especially this sari isn't even "traditional" in some way, it's a sleeveless blouse for goodness sake! It's not a bridal wedding outfit either, so not something meant to be used for a single purpose I feel.
    So.. it would be ok for me to wear the sari? I’m so confused 😭
    IOS player 💜 
    She/Her 💗
  • kaybeekaybee Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    @meds yay tysm for the reassurance lol
  • IridescenceIridescence Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    @KkhAngelica wearing sari is totally okay. As @KKH_Sara has said , we even gift them to people from non-indian families, does not matter if it is an occassion or a regular day. We really appreciate it if you wear it in a respective manner. 
  • JeffreeStarJeffreeStar Registered Users, Member 555 Posts
    Reina12 said:
    Cultural appropriation is inappropriately taking aspects of one culture and placing it in a new setting thats out of context: think use of poc hair by non poc people, people who aren't native american wearing traditional native American garb on halloween, wearing bindis at music festivals as some real life examples.... Skin color isn't cultural and a different issue. I don't know who told you you can't eat Chinese food or listen to rap music by black artists?! I find that to be cultural appreciation. Don't try to dress up as your favorite black rap artist maybe
    My white friend said that lol. She thinks that white people are already stealing from other cultures '(i agree and disagree at the same time). Of course not everyone of us white people are wearing box braids or wearing kimonos etc, but I've always been baffled by this

Ok so wdym not dressing up as a black rap artist? Even if they're wearing a simple tracksuit is not ok? This is confusing 
  • deliqhteddeliqhted Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    edited August 2022
    @JeffreeStar Appropriation is when you take aspects of a culture without permission and normalize it to a point where it is robbed of its importance. It’s when ppl pick and choose which parts of a culture they want to wear/participate in for personal interest, to make money, gain popularity, or because they like the way it looks. Having a black doll is considered digital blackface. A lot of people like to pretend to be black, use aave, etc, but would never wish to actually be black if given the chance because of the brutality and struggles we face. Or a lot of them just dont care to learn our history.  

But appreciation is when you actually want to take the time to learn about the culture and appreciate both the good and the bad. Or if you’re invited to participate in the culture, like someone above said, she had her friends wear indian clothes to indian events. I’ve gone to japan, and the hotel actually gave us kimonos to wear to an event that was happening. But it would be appropriation to wear it back at home in the us, as there’s no important japanese event taking place, or someone who is japanese to give me one. Like if you go to most parts of africa or the caribbean you’re probably 99% going to get your hair braided if you’re not black! 😂 Because you are in their home country and they are inviting you to enjoy it.

So, yes you can enjoy with them, when allowed. And you don’t have to stay away from everything completely if you dont just want something because its trendy or you like it, but actually because you understand its importance and history and want to know more. Hope this helped you and sorry it was long! I would’ve pm’d you but I think it’s important everyone sees this! We talk about this a lottttt in my sociology class lol

If anyone doesn’t agree, that’s fine, dont respond negatively. Ignore me and move on!